DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g) - Page 26 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #751
kingofkings
bigeyedfisher

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socopithy View Post
What are we crying about today guys?
Who wants to get the ball rolling?
kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-13-2017, 07:04 AM   #752
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I'm here to stay up to date with any information on this until it ships.
    kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #753
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post

For those saying this one is so special because it's LP only... this release will be posted in the usual places for free soon enough.
    Exactly! It's just better to take something you dont pay for!
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #754
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Exactly! It's just better to take something you dont pay for!
    That's on management for this release. They only offer a "fun little release" in a format 90% of the fan base can't use. They also don't mention any other fornat being available, and even say "we're looking into it" if they don't either release it, or say they will be releasing it on cd/digital before it leaks online than it will be acquired for free by the majority of the fans. Many of those fans then won't actually purchase it once it finally does get released. Horrible release strategy for an awesome compilation.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #755
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I had always hoped that if the reason we weren't getting the release of certain songs that the community as a whole desperately wanted released (for example, the Bartender, Break for It, Falling off a Roof, ...etc on this release), it was because management was simply unaware. Am I grateful we are getting these songs, absolutely. But its also kind of like them saying we've known you wanted them but didn't want to satisfy you for the past 10 years.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #756
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    That's on management for this release. They only offer a "fun little release" in a format 90% of the fan base can't use. They also don't mention any other fornat being available, and even say "we're looking into it" if they don't either release it, or say they will be releasing it on cd/digital before it leaks online than it will be acquired for free by the majority of the fans. Many of those fans then won't actually purchase it once it finally does get released. Horrible release strategy for an awesome compilation.
    Or, and purely playing devil's advocate here and just hypothetically/jokingly speaking, management didn't want to incur any additional costs of having to manufacture CDs or whatever costs are associated with providing download's of FLAC/MP3. So, instead, they sell the vinyl at a premium price knowing full well that it'll be ripped and shared for free - thus quenching the demand for digital. They still make their buck because of the price point on the record and don't incur additional costs. They make their money off the backs of us vinyl addicts who then in turn will put in the leg work to get the rest of the fans their piece for free

Maybe? I don't know, is Cap$haw that much of an evil genius? Beware vinyl lovers, we're being used!

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #757
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah man, fuck management. And if my neighbor didn’t want his new Volvo XC90 stolen, the company shouldn’t have made it so expensive.

Dat mirror black paint bae.
    Fun little car.
    The point is wash the produce.
    socopithy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #758
    moosicmaniac

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Or, and purely playing devil's advocate here and just hypothetically/jokingly speaking, management didn't want to incur any additional costs of having to manufacture CDs or whatever costs are associated with providing download's of FLAC/MP3. So, instead, they sell the vinyl at a premium price knowing full well that it'll be ripped and shared for free - thus quenching the demand for digital. They still make their buck because of the price point on the record and don't incur additional costs. They make their money off the backs of us vinyl addicts who then in turn will put in the leg work to get the rest of the fans their piece for free

Maybe? I don't know, is Cap$haw that much of an evil genius? Beware vinyl lovers, we're being used!

Very very little. The files are already mixed. They could master them again for digital instead of the vinyl but they wouldn't even have to do that. There's no physical product. They already have a server. Have someone upload the files. 99% of the work is already done.

I can't see them not offering a download of this at some point. They're just turning down money. I'd be floored.

I bought the box and I'm pumped about the release, but the way they're doing it is silly.
    moosicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #759
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yup. Easy solution though, just take it, and blame someone else! Don't forget, everyone's entitled to it!
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:46 AM   #760
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah man, fuck management. And if my neighbor didn’t want his new Volvo XC90 stolen, the company shouldn’t have made it so expensive.

Dat mirror black paint bae.
    Fun little car.
    Horrible example. Not even remotely close to the same thing. I can assure you this will be downloaded by the majority of non vinyl DMB fans the day or appears online. This greatly reduces the need/desire to purchase it when it becomes available for purchase.

If it's going to be available for download they should have said so. Even at a later date no one would have cared. But if it's not available from them when it's available for free people will take advantage. All they had to do was say it will be available and people would be cool with it. Or offer it with the initial announcement and make tons more money. Management fumbled the release of a highly sought after compilation.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #761
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moosicmaniac View Post
    Very very little. The files are already mixed. They could master them again for digital instead of the vinyl but they wouldn't even have to do that. There's no physical product. They already have a server. Have someone upload the files. 99% of the work is already done.

I can't see them not offering a download of this at some point. They're just turning down money. I'd be floored.

I bought the box and I'm pumped about the release, but the way they're doing it is silly.
    Yeah, again I was mostly joking. I have no idea what the costs are for that but agree it probably isn't much.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #762
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    It's absolutely sickening but suckers on here pay it, so why not?

For reference, I've bought two packages of similar scope/track this last year at my local record store:

My Morning Jacket, "Okonokos" (Live Boxset): $38.50
    Drive By Truckers, "It's Great to be Alive" (limited edition 2,500 copies): $60

For those saying this one is so special because it's LP only... this release will be posted in the usual places for free soon enough.
    you're reading a pejorative tone into my post that isn't there

I would much rather DMB capture that premium than flippers; I'm fine with them charging whatever they think people will pay
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #763
    djamieb

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by djamieb View Post
    Just pulled the trigger.

On the box set and possibly my marriage.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrAzYEasyDMB04 View Post
    if your wife has a problem with that then divorce her.
    Haha! Nah, I was kidding; she's awesome.

This vinyl collection is pretty pricey, but I'm not complaining. It's absolutely a judgement call for each individual person to make on whether or not it's worth it to them. Personally, I don't think it's a bad investment. I'm excited to have it!
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #764
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Yup. Easy solution though, just take it, and blame someone else! Don't forget, everyone's entitled to it!
    No one used the word entitled. Bit when you cut out 90% of the market and they have been clamoring for this type of release for years what do you expect to happen?

Music streaming services were born to combat online piracy. Offering this to only 10% of the market is stupid, especially when it's so easy and virtually free for management to release it to the masses.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #765
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    no, it's on you. if you download it illegally, it's on you. you stole something. it is very trite and seemingly accepted for some reason or another to say "everybody's doing it! it's actually the owner's fault I stole this stuff!" it's also a crock of shit.

making it easy to steal something doesn't make the thieves any less culpable
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #766
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Horrible example. Not even remotely close to the same thing. I can assure you this will be downloaded by the majority of non vinyl DMB fans the day or appears online. This greatly reduces the need/desire to purchase it when it becomes available for purchase.

If it's going to be available for download they should have said so. Even at a later date no one would have cared. But if it's not available from them when it's available for free people will take advantage. All they had to do was say it will be available and people would be cool with it. Or offer it with the initial announcement and make tons more money. Management fumbled the release of a highly sought after compilation.
    It's a perfect example, and you know it.

Had I not ordered this set, I'd be stealing it from a torrent site too. And I wouldn't be acting like I was entitled to it. I'd know it was theft through and through.

Cut the shit.
    I can assure you we'd all steal nice cars if it were just as easy to get away with and justify to ourselves.

Your "all they had to do" line is such horseshit. All they really had to do was run a business how they see fit. Just because you have a personal gripe with it doesn't magically entitle you to theft.

Again, I'd do it too, but at least I'm honest about it all.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #767
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Hell, I just remembered I did exactly that with Live @ AC.
    I had a bitch of a time ordering it through the website; wanted the FLAC files.

Got fed up and went and stole it.
    Should have just been patient and waited until their issues stopping me from ordering were resolved, but I chose theft.

Now, I've since gone back and bought it legit, but that doesn't change what I did in the first place.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #768
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    no, it's on you. if you download it illegally, it's on you. you stole something. it is very trite and seemingly accepted for some reason or another to say "everybody's doing it! it's actually the owner's fault I stole this stuff!" it's also a crock of shit.

making it easy to steal something doesn't make the thieves any less culpable
    Quote:
    It's a perfect example, and you know it.

Had I not ordered this set, I'd be stealing it from a torrent site too. And I wouldn't be acting like I was entitled to it. I'd know it was theft through and through.

Cut the shit.
    I can assure you we'd all steal nice cars if it were just as easy to get away with and justify to ourselves.

Your "all they had to do" line is such horseshit. All they really had to do was run a business how they see fit. Just because you have a personal gripe with it doesn't magically entitle you to theft.

Again, I'd do it too, but at least I'm honest about it all.
    When didn't I say it wasn't illegal or that the downloader didn't share the culpability? That's right, I didn't. All crimes are not equal, even in the eyes of the law so car example is asinine. Management fumbled plain and simple. They chose not to provide an easy and profitable way for the fans to get the music. That's on them.
    Old 07-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #769
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hell, I just remembered I did exactly that with Live @ AC.
    I had a bitch of a time ordering it through the website; wanted the FLAC files.

Got fed up and went and stole it.
    Should have just been patient and waited until their issues stopping me from ordering were resolved, but I chose theft.

Now, I've since gone back and bought it legit, but that doesn't change what I did in the first place.
    Many people will still do that if they release it. It won't be 100% though.
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #770
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    When didn't I say it wasn't illegal or that the downloader didn't share the culpability? That's right, I didn't. All crimes are not equal, even in the eyes of the law so car example is asinine. Management fumbled plain and simple. They chose not to provide an easy and profitable way for the fans to get the music. That's on them.
    As of this moment in time.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #771
    thedak

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Hope this comes in a mono remaster as well before the download now.

thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #772
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

I mean, it is 100% on management if they dont decide to sell the files... I really want to hear these songs, as do a ton of people who arent buying this package as is. If I dont have another option im gonna download it whenever someone rips the vinyl. They are turning down money if they dont at least sell the FLAC/MP3's.

Im not just gonna sit here and say "hmm well I guess its not for me! Ill go listen to the other live trax I have like Hilly told me to!"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.

Last edited by TheLastPig; 07-13-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #773
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

It's the bank's fault that I robbed it! They just had all that money laying around!!!

Terrible logic to blame the band for releasing something limited that you end up stealing.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #774
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    As of this moment in time.
    As I said if it's available online before it hits the store it will be pirated. If they just say it'll be available for download on _____ date you can pre-order it now for $x people will happily order it.
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #775
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    It's the bank's fault that I robbed it! They just had all that money laying around!!!

Terrible logic to blame the band for releasing something limited that you end up stealing.
    Ill pay for it if its available. I have no other way of listening besides dropping the money on the vinyl and going out and spending more money on a vinyl player, two things I have absolutely no interest in doing.

If someone shares the ripped files, ill listen.

I love how uppity some sound in here, like youve never downloaded something illegally

Its normal practice in the music business... I dont want to do it, but if they offer no other options I 100% will, as tons of others will too.

Quote:
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #776
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    As I said if it's available online before it hits the store it will be pirated. If they just say it'll be available for download on _____ date you can pre-order it now for $x people will happily order it.
    Yeah if that was an option theyd already have my money and I would wait for the download to come.

Quote:
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #777
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

"nice release you got there, be a shame if something happened to it"
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #778
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

as a side note, still available in the store. 2500 seems like plenty
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #779
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Ill pay for it if its available. I have no other way of listening besides dropping the money on the vinyl and going out and spending more money on a vinyl player, two things I have absolutely no interest in doing.

If someone shares the ripped files, ill listen.

I love how uppity some sound in here, like youve never downloaded something illegally

Its normal practice in the music business... I dont want to do it, but if they offer no other options I 100% will, as tons of others will too.
    It's not uppity at all... it's just very flawed logic to blame them for you stealing it. That's on you to decide to go ahead and do that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #780
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    as a side note, still available in the store. 2500 seems like plenty
    All the more reason to release it digitally to recoup on the cost of the vinyl.