Past Fantasy Tour Threads and Memories - Page 7 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #181
maya
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,189

Shows Seen: 1

Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshaw06 View Post
holy crap what does he have?
exactly what i was thinking!!!
maya is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #182
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    1. Senator12 - 23
    2. Maya - 23
    3. wingnut73 - 21
    4. MDrums54 - 19
    5. zeppelinman - 19
    6. Semper454 - 19
    7. dmbgirl87 - 18
    8. broatchg - 18
    9. Crashintonickdm - 17
    10. Tgaucho - 16
    11. Mcbong - 16
    12. bradshaw06 - 15
    13. ant_marching41 - 15
    14. Minarets#40 - 15
    15. sharvey - 15
    woody33 - 15
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #183
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    look at maya... tied for first!! (cornbread was huge... and Senator12 caught OOMH)
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #184
    maya
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 16,189

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minarets#40 View Post
    look at maya... tied for first!! (cornbread was huge... and Senator12 caught OOMH)
    Sweet baby jesus! i need to pay more attention.. when did that happen?
    maya is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #185
    taparoo
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 1,033

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    So is Cornbread a Group D tune?
    taparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #186
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    ^ yes but i just requested it
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #187
    Senator12
     
    Senator12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Erie, PA
    Posts: 2,113

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to Senator12

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minarets#40 View Post
    look at maya... tied for first!! (cornbread was huge... and Senator12 caught OOMH)
    Senator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #188
    zeppelinman
     
    zeppelinman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Columbus OH
    Posts: 710

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    I hope Cornbread isn't placed in Group D only for the fact that if it is played as often as Sister was last year, than the people who were quick enough to pick it up will get more than half of their total points from one song. I'm not trying to be bitchy because I didn't pick it up and I know I already have quite a few points. I just think it wouldn't be fair to all the others who couldn't request it quick enough to give 5 points to a song that could very well be played at most every tour stop.
    __________________
    Joel
    zeppelinman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #189
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeppelinman View Post
    I hope Cornbread isn't placed in Group D only for the fact that if it is played as often as Sister was last year, than the people who were quick enough to pick it up will get more than half of their total points from one song. I'm not trying to be bitchy because I didn't pick it up and I know I already have quite a few points. I just think it wouldn't be fair to all the others who couldn't request it quick enough to give 5 points to a song that could very well be played at most every tour stop.
    if it becomes a little monster, we'll do something about it. I agree that if it turns into a situation where the 10 people with Cornbread win their leagues that sounds totally unfair. right now it's just two shows, and no one had it for the first one, so it's only made 5 points difference, but if it starts to get rediculous, don't worry. we're reasonable people
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #190
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taparoo View Post
    So is Cornbread a Group D tune?
    currently. see my last post.
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #191
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    I picked up Cornbread



    so if later in tour its changed to group B, will i keep my points from when it was a group D?
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #192
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    I picked up Cornbread

    so if later in tour its changed to group B, will i keep my points from when it was a group D?
    you're getting a little ahead of us... Jantz hasn't verified for certain that it'll be group D to start with (so all those scores could potentially change) and if we have to make a change to keep it fair, we'll decide then what we'll do. let's see if it's even going to be an issue. it's still early...
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #193
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    aight dude
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #194
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think
     
    TGaucho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Dancing A Thousand Steps For You
    Posts: 6,517

    Shows Seen: 18
    Send a message via AIM to TGaucho

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeppelinman View Post
    I hope Cornbread isn't placed in Group D only for the fact that if it is played as often as Sister was last year, than the people who were quick enough to pick it up will get more than half of their total points from one song. I'm not trying to be bitchy because I didn't pick it up and I know I already have quite a few points. I just think it wouldn't be fair to all the others who couldn't request it quick enough to give 5 points to a song that could very well be played at most every tour stop.
    uh, i wholeheartedly disagree. It can't be moved up to a different bracket just because it looks now like it may be played a lot this summer. That would be bullshit. That's the whole point of the free agent song system: to reward (or punish) people that jump on a song that was overlooked for reasons of rarity and then is put in the rotation for the summer. People that didn't "request it quick enough" are out of luck, just like in any fantasy league.

    for example, i picked up Frank Gore last year in Fantasy Football. Why? Because i was vigilant. I payed close attention to the games and the weekly stats, and i took a chance on him before anyone else could pick him up. It payed off. There is no logic in the world that says that i shouldn't've recieved full credit for his stats just because he wasn't drafted and no one expected him to earn any points. I was rewarded for my speed and for the attention i was paying.

    besides, look at it this way, i picked up Cornbread last night before anyone else in my league, dropping If I Had It All. It could've backfired. Cornbread could have been a one or two time thing (still could be), and IIHIA could still end up being played significantly more than that. No fair changing the rules now that the band has tipped their hand a bit. You know full well that if someone had drafted Cornbread originally it would've been classified an obvious bottom tier song. End of story
    __________________
    *Tony - fanatic since '95 (thanks sis)*

    ~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #195
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TGaucho View Post
    for example, i picked up Frank Gore last year in Fantasy Football. Why? Because i was vigilant. I payed close attention to the games and the weekly stats, and i took a chance on him before anyone else could pick him up. It payed off. There is no logic in the world that says that i shouldn't've recieved full credit for his stats just because he wasn't drafted and no one expected him to earn any points. I was rewarded for my speed and for the attention i was paying.
    consider this...
    what if I were at the show? I hear the song played, and decide I totally want to pick it up, but by the time I can get to a computer, it's gone.

    on the other hand...
    I understand and see a lot of reason in your point. I didn't say for sure that we'd change it, but I can't guarantee that we wouldn't. Honestly, I think we'd try to have another discussion about it (like the new songs discussion) before doing anything. we do appreciate and want to take into consideration the opinion of everyone playing the game.
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #196
    zeppelinman
     
    zeppelinman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Columbus OH
    Posts: 710

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TGaucho View Post
    uh, i wholeheartedly disagree. It can't be moved up to a different bracket just because it looks now like it may be played a lot this summer. That would be bullshit. That's the whole point of the free agent song system: to reward (or punish) people that jump on a song that was overlooked for reasons of rarity and then is put in the rotation for the summer. People that didn't "request it quick enough" are out of luck, just like in any fantasy league.

    for example, i picked up Frank Gore last year in Fantasy Football. Why? Because i was vigilant. I payed close attention to the games and the weekly stats, and i took a chance on him before anyone else could pick him up. It payed off. There is no logic in the world that says that i shouldn't've recieved full credit for his stats just because he wasn't drafted and no one expected him to earn any points. I was rewarded for my speed and for the attention i was paying.

    besides, look at it this way, i picked up Cornbread last night before anyone else in my league, dropping If I Had It All. It could've backfired. Cornbread could have been a one or two time thing (still could be), and IIHIA could still end up being played significantly more than that. No fair changing the rules now that the band has tipped their hand a bit. You know full well that if someone had drafted Cornbread originally it would've been classified an obvious bottom tier song. End of story
    I see where you come from but some people don't have the time to watch the real time setlists and to immediately act to change their fantasy picks. I got pretty lucky coming home tonight to do so with OOMH, but Cornbread has overall better prospects. Plus we don't have Jantz to make an official decision. And please don't compare this to Fantasy Football which is far more complex matter of stats where this is solely based on being played or spotted.
    __________________
    Joel
    zeppelinman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #197
    maya
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 16,189

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    if you can get a hold of Jantz. The man is slippery, just when you think you have him BAM there's a wall.... and no Jantz.
    maya is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #198
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think
     
    TGaucho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Dancing A Thousand Steps For You
    Posts: 6,517

    Shows Seen: 18
    Send a message via AIM to TGaucho

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minarets#40 View Post
    consider this...
    what if I were at the show? I hear the song played, and decide I totally want to pick it up, but by the time I can get to a computer, it's gone.

    on the other hand...
    I understand and see a lot of reason in your point. I didn't say for sure that we'd change it, but I can't guarantee that we wouldn't. Honestly, I think we'd try to have another discussion about it (like the new songs discussion) before doing anything. we do appreciate and want to take into consideration the opinion of everyone playing the game.
    alright. The "At The Show" scenario transfers over to a regular Fantasy Sports League as well. If i were at the Niner game when Frank Gore first went off I would have had a distinct disadvantage in terms of picking him up before the other people in my league who were not at a game that day. If i were really really serious about it, i might go the extra mile and call a friend or family member and have them pick Gore up, or i could try and do it on my phone. Yes, i would have a disadvantage, but that's normal in any Fantasy scenario. To try and compensate for such a disadvantage by punishing the people that were on the ball is unfair in my opinion.

    The bottom line is this: where would the song have been ranked on Draft Day? The answer to that question is obvious.

    I understand fully that any current Cornbread point objections are centered on fairness . . i understand that some people will have less fun if every league winner is a Cornbread owner. And i know that this is supposed to be for fun, and thus anything that lessens the fun of it should be looked at and perhaps dealt with. I get it. Really. I want everyone to have fun. I really do. That should be the primary focus of our little enterprise here. Absolutely.

    But punishing those of us that picked it up isn't even close to fair. What this debate centers on is the system that's been set up. If this is a Fantasy League, and if this League is to honor the concept of a Free Agent Pool, then there shouldn't be any meddling just becuase a surprise song is stepping up to the plate. That's the whole point of a Free Agent Pool. Two years ago a few Fantasy Baseball owners took a chance on an unknown named Ryan Howard half way through the year. Those people were rewarded. That's how Fantasy competition works.

    Besides, at this point, we don't even know how often it'll get played. It appears that it will be a common E1 selection, but we don't know. It's entirely possible that it could be fazed out over the summer. We're only on Night 2 here
    __________________
    *Tony - fanatic since '95 (thanks sis)*

    ~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #199
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think
     
    TGaucho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Dancing A Thousand Steps For You
    Posts: 6,517

    Shows Seen: 18
    Send a message via AIM to TGaucho

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeppelinman View Post
    I see where you come from but some people don't have the time to watch the real time setlists and to immediately act to change their fantasy picks.
    well that's their loss then. Everyone was aware of the Free Agent Pool system prior to the tour. That some people weren't prepared is none of my concern, and shouldn't affect those of us that were
    Quote:
    I got pretty lucky coming home tonight to do so with OOMH, but Cornbread has overall better prospects.
    It has better overall prospects, true. But that has no impact on what its prospects were before the season started. On draft day we were given Categories to choose from. Nothing in this debate can touch what value the song would've had then, and that's what matters here
    Quote:
    Plus we don't have Jantz to make an official decision.
    true. Obviously we're all awaiting his decision. It's his league, and thus his call.
    Quote:
    And please don't compare this to Fantasy Football which is far more complex matter of stats where this is solely based on being played or spotted.
    This is called the DMB Fantasy League, is it not? This league is based on the Fantasy framework, thus the comparison is legit. There was a Fantasy style draft, we are all owners of a lineup that we're rooting for to score us points, we can add, drop and trade. It's called a Fantasy League, it was sold to us as a Fantasy League, it shares the same basic attributes as a Fantasy League. I see no problem here.
    __________________
    *Tony - fanatic since '95 (thanks sis)*

    ~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~

    Last edited by TGaucho; 08-03-2007 at 12:23 AM.
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #200
    zeppelinman
     
    zeppelinman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Columbus OH
    Posts: 710

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    I see your point, but for me I guess I was hoping for a more level playing field to make this more fun. You also have to consider that more people might have payed attention to Cornbread if it was indeed on the song list (probably in Group D). I honestly think most people forgot about it until now. I know its too early to tell about Cornbread, true, I just don't want the whole playoffs to come down to having the sole song. I'll quit bitching, though, because I know its not up to me. So here's to a great fantasy tour!
    __________________
    Joel
    zeppelinman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #201
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    I really do appreciate ya'll's commentary. I'm promise that Jantz and I will do everything we can to keep the league in as good a balance of fun and fairness as we can. I see everyone's points, and they all seem reasonable... let's just wait for Jantz at this point.
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #202
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Two Step
    Cornbread
    Warehouse
    Too Much
    Grace is Gone


    how can i lose?
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #203
    bradshaw06
     
    bradshaw06's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Posts: 21,669

    Shows Seen: 19
    Send a message via AIM to bradshaw06

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    you aint never had my cornbread!
    __________________
    -Brad
    bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #204
    TGaucho
    A Fool To Think
     
    TGaucho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Dancing A Thousand Steps For You
    Posts: 6,517

    Shows Seen: 18
    Send a message via AIM to TGaucho

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeppelinman View Post
    I see your point, but for me I guess I was hoping for a more level playing field to make this more fun. You also have to consider that more people might have payed attention to Cornbread if it was indeed on the song list (probably in Group D). I honestly think most people forgot about it until now. I know its too early to tell about Cornbread, true, I just don't want the whole playoffs to come down to having the sole song. I'll quit bitching, though, because I know its not up to me. So here's to a great fantasy tour!
    Fair enough. Here's to it! *clinksfrostymug*
    __________________
    *Tony - fanatic since '95 (thanks sis)*

    ~ DMB Fantasy Tour 2007 CHAMPION ~
    TGaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #205
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    for the record (Still Water) does NOT count as Cover song, and that's how it's reported on the road page tonight
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #206
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    3 songs and a "C" song spot!
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #207
    Minarets#40
    for really...
     
    Minarets#40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: yes.
    Posts: 3,485

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    1. wingnut73 - 35
    2. Senator12 - 35
    3. broatchg - 31
    4. maya - 30
    5. MDrums54 - 28
    6. zeppelinman - 28
    7. JamesM - 27
    8. Semper454 - 27
    9. bradshaw06 - 26
    10. Tgaucho - 26
    11. Minarets#40 - 25
    12. dmbgirl87 - 25
    13. ant_marching41 - 23
    14. Crashintonickdm - 23
    15. Martindcxle - 22
    __________________
    ~John
    Minarets#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #208
    JamesM
    Stickam Gang.
     
    JamesM's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 4,594

    Shows Seen: 2
    Send a message via AIM to JamesM

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    reppin' that 7 spot!
    JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #209
    Senator12
     
    Senator12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Erie, PA
    Posts: 2,113

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to Senator12

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    Number #1!!!
    Senator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #210
    DMBgirl87
    After Her
     
    DMBgirl87's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Glens Falls, NY
    Posts: 31,034

    Shows Seen: 76

    Re: Fantasy Tour Discussion

    well give me a few
    __________________
    Jenn
    DMBgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram