*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 12016 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #360451
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)

usgov should seize Bezos' megayacht and give it to one lucky vaxer

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-12-2021, 08:15 PM   #360452
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    usgov should seize Bezos' megayacht and give it to one lucky vaxer
    I'll take some AMZN shares.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #360453
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Biden: "Israel has a right to defend itself"

https://www.axios.com/biden-israel-r...78bb639f4.html

Fuck. Yes.
    Do Palestinians have the right to defend themselves too?
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #360454
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Apparently not.
    OK_Ant is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2021, 11:35 PM   #360455
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Only the occupiers get to use force. Force is not for the occupied. We are supposed to label that terrorism.
    Old 05-12-2021, 11:47 PM   #360456
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Only the occupiers get to use force. Force is not for the occupied. We are supposed to label that terrorism.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr983MfFvk
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #360457
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

All due respect for you all but check up on which side starts these battles and target civilians, far different than the Israeli strike where they warn the neighborhood and drop non-explosive projectiles on the roofs of targets so the innocents know to get out of dodge prior to a genuine strike. Can you say the same for the palestians who are launching hundreds of rockets on civilian areas with no regard for innocent life? Just for an example - if say Mexico started lobbing hundreds of rockets on innocent US citizens living in border states. How would you react at innocent and dead Americans? Would you not want military and guard units to do exactly what Israel is doing - protecting their citizens?

Last edited by Lcsulla; 05-12-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    Lcsulla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #360458
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    All due respect for you all but check up on which side starts these battles and target civilians, far different than the Israeli strike where they warn the neighborhood and drop non-explosive projectiles on the roofs of targets so the innocents know to get out of dodge prior to a genuine strike. Can you say the same for the palestians who are launching hundreds of rockets on civilian areas with no regard for innocent life? Just for an example - if say Mexico started lobbing hundreds of rockets on innocent US citizens living in border states. How would you react at innocent and dead Americans? Would you not want military and guard units to do exactly what Israel is doing - protecting their citizens?
    Found the Zionist.
    Old 05-13-2021, 12:13 AM   #360459
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Launching hundreds of rockets on civilian areas with no regard for innocent life sounds familiar. Trying to think of which country I know that does that. I'm sure it'll come to me.
    Old 05-13-2021, 12:28 AM   #360460
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

"You see, Israel does violence the nice way"
    Old 05-13-2021, 02:36 AM   #360461
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To me, obviously, extremists on both sides should stop. But Israel also must stop generally oppressing the Palestinians. There is no "two state solution" as the one side continues to unlawfully displace the other.

Countries like Canada and the US must stop funding Israel if they continue to destroy Gaza, etc through attrition and worse. That won't happen anytime soon though because Israel is a strategic country in the region.
    Old 05-13-2021, 02:41 AM   #360462
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK_Ant View Post
    To me, obviously, extremists on both sides should stop. But Israel also must stop generally oppressing the Palestinians. There is no "two state solution" as the one side continues to unlawfully displace the other.

Countries like Canada and the US must stop funding Israel if they continue to destroy Gaza, etc through attrition and worse. That won't happen anytime soon though because Israel is a strategic country in the region.
    By strategic, did you mean to say democracy? The middle east is perhaps the most complicated geopolitical issue in the world, but always seems odd to me that many people forget that there Israel is by far the most democratic country in the region, and the one with most liberal of civil rights (gay rights and other issues that are important to a lot of people).
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 02:47 AM   #360463
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

So there has been a lot of thought that one of the biggest obstacles in why your government & elections are so fucked up have to do with primaries: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ust-go/618428/
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 02:49 AM   #360464
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    By strategic, did you mean to say democracy? The middle east is perhaps the most complicated geopolitical issue in the world, but always seems odd to me that many people forget that there Israel is by far the most democratic country in the region, and the one with most liberal of civil rights (gay rights and other issues that are important to a lot of people).
    Whatever excuse is given to condone Israel's part in the never-ending war.

Then again, why would our countries really want to get mired in that mess? Also, Israel hasn't used nukes yet, so...
    Old 05-13-2021, 04:01 AM   #360465
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So there has been a lot of thought that one of the biggest obstacles in why your government & elections are so fucked up have to do with primaries: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ust-go/618428/
    Pretty sure Republicans are the biggest problem here.
    MDPrompter is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 04:33 AM   #360466
    ricky towel

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If we were annexing and occupying Mexican land and “evicting” Mexicans from their homes and conducting raids inside their holy places I’d certainly expect them to lob rockets across the border at us.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 04:37 AM   #360467
    ricky towel

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I keep seeing that. While I think it would be cool to be able to vote in any party’s primary, I think it makes sense to have democrats vote to decide their candidate and vice versa.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 04:37 AM   #360468
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    If we were annexing and occupying Mexican land and “evicting” Mexicans from their homes and conducting raids inside their holy places I’d certainly expect them to lob rockets across the border at us.
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:18 AM   #360469
    BTBaboon

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Elon Musk suspends Tesla purchases with bitcoin

https://www.axios.com/elon-musk-susp...ac237bd39.html
    Been discussing this in the investing thread. IMO it really highlights how easy it would be (is) for a few big fish to just pump and dump this stuff, and your average retail investor (gambler) gets the short end of the stick forever and always.

I've said before, but there is A LOT of money to be made in crypto. But it's highly volatile and almost all about the short term. This is not a wise investment for those looking to save for retirement, build long term wealth, etc - not because it can't pay off big, even in the long term (it can, and I'm sure there will be millionaires made from some of these over long term, in addition to those who make it big in 1-2 year spans), but because you cannot actually valuate it and it has a lot of hurdles to climb (regulation, nefarious use, safeguarding against cyber attacks, etc).

And that just goes for the cryptos that are more or less legit. Dogecoin, on the otherhand, is pure pump and dump, has no real intrinsic value, and was literally created as a joke.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:20 AM   #360470
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Been discussing this in the investing thread. IMO it really highlights how easy it would be (is) for a few big fish to just pump and dump this stuff, and your average retail investor (gambler) gets the short end of the stick forever and always.

I've said before, but there is A LOT of money to be made in crypto. But it's highly volatile and almost all about the short term. This is not a wise investment for those looking to save for retirement, build long term wealth, etc - not because it can't pay off big, even in the long term (it can, and I'm sure there will be millionaires made from some of these over long term, in addition to those who make it big in 1-2 year spans), but because you cannot actually valuate it and it has a lot of hurdles to climb (regulation, nefarious use, safeguarding against cyber attacks, etc).

And that just goes for the cryptos that are more or less legit. Dogecoin, on the otherhand, is pure pump and dump, has no real intrinsic value, and was literally created as a joke.

Yea my friend put $150 in dogecoin and just lets it ride, but he says the same thing how crypto is just at the whim of dudes like Musk and Cuban
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:22 AM   #360471
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post

Yeah, people really shouldn't be day trading this stuff as a way to earn a living or save for retirement.

That said, I do have a small-ish portfolio of BTC, LTC, and ETH that I started buying back in 2017 as a hedge in case this stuff eventually takes over as a world currency.
    MDPrompter is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:28 AM   #360472
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea my friend put $150 in dogecoin and just lets it ride, but he says the same thing how crypto is just at the whim of dudes like Musk and Cuban
    And I definitely don't think it's a bad idea, if you got some spare change laying around, and want to have some fun with it. It's no different, to me, than going to the casino and "having fun". You might win big! Or, you might not, but what a rush!

I have some Bitcoin (from back when it was worth like nothing, in the early 2010's), so it's not like I'm completely against it. Just don't rely on it as either A) a source of income, or B) an actual savings/retirement strategy. Just be responsible and know the risk - and have better/alternative investments, too. Low cost index funds, take advantage of any employer match, work towards maxing your 401K or IRA contributions first, etc.

There's just so much bad advice out there. Like people telling someone to "buy the dip" on Doge - they are just shooting blindly and playing the hype game, hoping to ride it up with the suckers and cash out before the next drop. If you want some actual good advice on crypto, if you're looking to dip your toes, Zaj has spread some good knowledge in the investment thread. He's more bullish than I am, but I think he's pretty logical about what crypto is, realistically, for most people putting their money in it. Personally, I don't see crypto - as is - becoming digital currency to be transacted for goods and services. I see it as a pseudo commodity or asset similar to gold/silver; and a hedge against inflation.

For the environmentally conscious, I'd suggest steering clear for now. It's incredibly environmentally costly to mine crypto currency - like multiple times more than mining actual precious metals. Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank called Bitcoin "blood coins", and he has a point. He's trying to ensure his holdings are sustainably mined. Musk cited the same concern yesterday when deciding Tesla won't accept BTC.

Last edited by BTBaboon; 05-13-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:36 AM   #360473
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

New jobless claims continue to fall and hit a new pandemic low - 473K vs forecast of 490K, and vs 498K in the prior week. It's a continuation of a significant downward trend on jobless claims as the labor market continues to show signs of robust recovery - despite the BLS report last week showing tepid overall gains, and some industries showing losses. Continuing claims also fell to a new pandemic low, 3.66M vs last week's report of 3.70M. This metric is report on a week-lag, so this is the data from the last week of April.

We have a disconnect now between narratives that suggest unemployment insurance offered by the federal government is preventing workers from accepting jobs - as the entire explanation for a disappointing BLS report. If that were the case, you would not expect to see such consistent downward movement in claims data; yet here we are. Still confounding, and we need another monthly data point to determine if survey methodology missed many payrolls in April, as the ADP private payroll report suggested robust gains.
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:37 AM   #360474
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

New body camera footage obtained by CNN shows the moment a DC police officer was brutally attacked by Trump supporters on Jan. 6.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/139...766303750?s=21
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:38 AM   #360475
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Israel will at least call you ahead of time to let you know they're going to blow up your house.
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:42 AM   #360476
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    New body camera footage obtained by CNN shows the moment a DC police officer was brutally attacked by Trump supporters on Jan. 6.

Just like a tour group!
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:46 AM   #360477
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I don't see a brutal attack there? I think this must be after it happened maybe?

There's not much to 'see' really... but it sounds mostly like people were trying to help him back into the building.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:47 AM   #360478
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Looks like every visiting tour I've ever been on

The fact that people have been trying to whitewash this event is so damn infuriating to me.
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:49 AM   #360479
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I don't see a brutal attack there? I think this must be after it happened maybe?

There's not much to 'see' really... but it sounds mostly like people were trying to help him back into the building.

I mean clearly something happened. The guy was screaming and saying he had kids. In the article it said he had a mild heart attack and a head injury.
    Old 05-13-2021, 05:54 AM   #360480
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    I mean clearly something happened. The guy was screaming and saying he had kids. In the article it said he had a mild heart attack and a head injury.
    The tweet states:

"New body camera footage obtained by CNN shows the moment a DC police officer was brutally attacked by Trump supporters on Jan. 6."

Yes, obviously something happened... but this video doesn't show what that something is as the tweet states.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote