*** Official Deer Creek 2020*** - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #301
sean52692
Extremely Painful
 
sean52692's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 60,423

Shows Seen: 0

Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

Everyone have fun. I will be in a wedding this weekend.

Maybe covid will postpone the wedding so I can go to the Creek?
__________________
Currently listening to:
7/2/04, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #302
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883
     
    daveindyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 4,234

    Shows Seen: 64
    Send a message via AIM to daveindyman

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    Hi, kind of a noob at this Warehouse thing. I went in to the Warehouse to buy tickets today. Does this mean I officially have the tickets or does this just mean that if some come available, I have a shot at them? Thanks for any help or advice. Attachment 76905

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You have pavilions both nights. Usually a few weeks before they ship they let you know locations of them .
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
    I think you're trying to justify using the name Foundational Butch, which has probably only ever happened a) here, and b) in a secret Mattel lesbian Barbie naming meeting.
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #303
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883
     
    daveindyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 4,234

    Shows Seen: 64
    Send a message via AIM to daveindyman

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwrice5 View Post
    Iím new to The Warehouse, so Iím hoping someone can help me understand the tickets I just bought.

    Since I actually ordered and fully paid for the tickets I wanted, does that mean I will get seats in that section even though there is no seat assignment yet? I paid for lower pavilion... is it fair to expect that my tickets will actually be lower pavilion?
    I'm not in the Warehouse but what I recall is that certain sections of uppers are at the 115 price point. I believe there might be a seating map on the Warehouse site that shows you those locations??
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
    I think you're trying to justify using the name Foundational Butch, which has probably only ever happened a) here, and b) in a secret Mattel lesbian Barbie naming meeting.
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #304
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!
     
    Join Date: Mar 2020
    Location: West KY
    Posts: 142

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    You have pavilions both nights. Usually a few weeks before they ship they let you know locations of them .
    I guess the only reason I was concerned was because I've seen people looking for tickets as well as the inflated prices on Ticketmaster, so I thought being able to just grab them from the Warehouse like that seemed too good to be true.

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    ==================================

    Nashville '19, Gorge Weekend '20, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 08:30 AM   #305
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,701

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Bummed I can't make it back to the Creek this year since it happens during school. Y'all enjoy, I'll be back in 2022 I hope.
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #306
    landsharkbam
    "The Shark"
     
    landsharkbam's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 4,871

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***



    So happy yesterday seeing the news. Want to go to all the shows!
    __________________
    Brett
    landsharkbam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #307
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!
     
    twostepping's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Screaming from the Minarets
    Posts: 14,012

    Shows Seen: 69

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Everyone have fun. I will be in a wedding this weekend.

    Maybe covid will postpone the wedding so I can go to the Creek?
    Still time to break off the wedding!
    __________________
    Deer Creek - "They skipped your home state this year? Come on over, we'll take care of you."
    twostepping is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #308
    Colestewart112
     
    Join Date: Nov 2019
    Posts: 2

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Second time coming to DC, first time staying for the whole weekend. What is the camping scene like for the venue? Is staying on-site worth it or should we go elsewhere and drive to the venue?
    Colestewart112 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #309
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 5,387

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepping View Post
    Still time to break off the wedding!
    Creekz lawn wedding!!!
    __________________
    -Michael

    2021 - WPB, Deer Creek & Riverbend
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #310
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883
     
    daveindyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 4,234

    Shows Seen: 64
    Send a message via AIM to daveindyman

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colestewart112 View Post
    Second time coming to DC, first time staying for the whole weekend. What is the camping scene like for the venue? Is staying on-site worth it or should we go elsewhere and drive to the venue?
    I'm no expert at camping but you have the on-site camping venue and then a few more right around the venue like Sleepy Bear where you can walk to the venue or shuttle over. Hopefully some others chime in w preferences but a lot of people dig the camping scene here.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
    I think you're trying to justify using the name Foundational Butch, which has probably only ever happened a) here, and b) in a secret Mattel lesbian Barbie naming meeting.
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #311
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 5,387

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colestewart112 View Post
    Second time coming to DC, first time staying for the whole weekend. What is the camping scene like for the venue? Is staying on-site worth it or should we go elsewhere and drive to the venue?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    I'm no expert at camping but you have the on-site camping venue and then a few more right around the venue like Sleepy Bear where you can walk to the venue or shuttle over. Hopefully some others chime in w preferences but a lot of people dig the camping scene here.
    I would avoid the venue camping. Its crowded with no shade. It is cheaper but you can see why. Most other campgrounds offer shuttles to the venue or you can drive yourself. Sleepy Bear and Dead Creek are the most popular non-venue campsites. Our crew normally camps at Backstage. There are a couple others as well.
    __________________
    -Michael

    2021 - WPB, Deer Creek & Riverbend
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #312
    noliduponmyhead
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Posts: 73

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post
    I would avoid the venue camping. Its crowded with no shade. It is cheaper but you can see why. Most other campgrounds offer shuttles to the venue or you can drive yourself. Sleepy Bear and Dead Creek are the most popular non-venue campsites. Our crew normally camps at Backstage. There are a couple others as well.
    In 2019, the owner of Backstage told us he sold his land and they were turning it into a golf course. Not sure if that went through or not. Website is outdated and facebook page is gone.
    noliduponmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #313
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 5,387

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noliduponmyhead View Post
    In 2019, the owner of Backstage told us he sold his land and they were turning it into a golf course. Not sure if that went through or not. Website is outdated and facebook page is gone.
    He had said that for a few years. I'll check and report back.
    __________________
    -Michael

    2021 - WPB, Deer Creek & Riverbend
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #314
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 5,387

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Heard back from him, Backstage will be open again for DMB.
    __________________
    -Michael

    2021 - WPB, Deer Creek & Riverbend
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-25-2021, 01:30 PM   #315
    noliduponmyhead
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Posts: 73

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post
    Heard back from him, Backstage will be open again for DMB.
    Sweet! Thanks for checking up on that!
    noliduponmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #316
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!
     
    Join Date: Mar 2020
    Location: West KY
    Posts: 142

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    So first time to Deer Creek, Dave canceled the shows closest to me, but I feel like I lucked in to a much better situation as this venue sounds awesome. Still kind of a rookie to Dave shows in general as this is my first multi-night run, so I have a few questions. Is this an area with quite a few hotels nearby and what's the parking like for the venue? What's the poster game like? Are they usually set up outside the venue prior to the show or is it a break for them once the venue opens? Last, what's good in the area to do during the day?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    ==================================

    Nashville '19, Gorge Weekend '20, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #317
    nickcua
    BOWA Opener
     
    nickcua's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Austin, TX
    Posts: 3,007

    Shows Seen: 99

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Cambria is the best and walking distance. Probably too late to get it now.
    __________________
    Nick
    nickcua is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #318
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!
     
    Join Date: Mar 2020
    Location: West KY
    Posts: 142

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickcua View Post
    Cambria is the best and walking distance. Probably too late to get it now.
    Not wrong, rookie mistake, it looks like anything within walking distance is out of the question. So I guess that brings me to how the parking is for the venue?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    ==================================

    Nashville '19, Gorge Weekend '20, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #319
    nickcua
    BOWA Opener
     
    nickcua's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Austin, TX
    Posts: 3,007

    Shows Seen: 99

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    Not wrong, rookie mistake, it looks like anything within walking distance is out of the question. So I guess that brings me to how the parking is for the venue?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Itís a good grassy tailgate lot.
    __________________
    Nick
    nickcua is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #320
    aaronvl
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Quad Cities, IA
    Posts: 47

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    So first time to Deer Creek, Dave canceled the shows closest to me, but I feel like I lucked in to a much better situation as this venue sounds awesome. Still kind of a rookie to Dave shows in general as this is my first multi-night run, so I have a few questions. Is this an area with quite a few hotels nearby and what's the parking like for the venue? What's the poster game like? Are they usually set up outside the venue prior to the show or is it a break for them once the venue opens? Last, what's good in the area to do during the day?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    I think the only way to really experience Deer Creek is to camp. Thereís the official site and several others. Itís like a weekend-long tailgate and you canít beat walking to/from the shows. Sun King Brewery in Fishers is nearby - definitely worth checking out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    aaronvl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #321
    jssmith6
     
    jssmith6's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Billings, MT
    Posts: 339

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    ISO 1 ticket pit or lowers for Friday. Thanks!
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 12:22 PM   #322
    AntzDigger7
     
    AntzDigger7's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Under the Table
    Posts: 435

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Hello Deer Creekers! Thinking about making my first trip to this venue in August from the west coast. I've been to Alpine and Gorge before but never to Deer Creek...what should I expect? Is this venue a worthy DMB destination? Seems to always get stellar setlists.

    Also, any tips about anticipated ticket demand? I would be fine with a 2-day lawn pass but see that the Livenation page is currently down and can't gauge whether this means that this ticket type is sold out or if it is just a temporary technical issue: https://concerts.livenation.com/dave...839.1618721282

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    AntzDigger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 08:11 PM   #323
    IndyDMB
     
    IndyDMB's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 5,387

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AntzDigger7 View Post
    Hello Deer Creekers! Thinking about making my first trip to this venue in August from the west coast. I've been to Alpine and Gorge before but never to Deer Creek...what should I expect? Is this venue a worthy DMB destination? Seems to always get stellar setlists.

    Also, any tips about anticipated ticket demand? I would be fine with a 2-day lawn pass but see that the Livenation page is currently down and can't gauge whether this means that this ticket type is sold out or if it is just a temporary technical issue: https://concerts.livenation.com/dave...839.1618721282

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    Been to Alpine, Gorge and SPAC. Gorge is it's own thing but Deer Creek is basically Gorge Light. Comparable with SPAC and Alpine. Saturday might sell out a week or so before the show, Friday hasnt in years. The setlist are always good here and I expect the crowd to be pretty amped after being off. You wont be disappointed.
    __________________
    -Michael

    2021 - WPB, Deer Creek & Riverbend
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2021, 08:32 AM   #324
    Eric Kinser
     
    Join Date: May 2014
    Posts: 22

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post
    Been to Alpine, Gorge and SPAC. Gorge is it's own thing but Deer Creek is basically Gorge Light. Comparable with SPAC and Alpine. Saturday might sell out a week or so before the show, Friday hasnt in years. The setlist are always good here and I expect the crowd to be pretty amped after being off. You wont be disappointed.
    I'll echo this. Deer Creek is always a great show. I haven't been able to get out to the Gorge yet, but we have some great memories from DC. If you have the chance, get some tickets.
    Eric Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2021, 09:52 AM   #325
    yankeesguy86
     
    yankeesguy86's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: IL
    Posts: 801

    Shows Seen: 70
    Send a message via AIM to yankeesguy86

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Have a pair of N2 Pit. Anyone interested in trading their lowers for them? Going with my dad and seats are a bit more manageable for him.

    Would consider the front parts of G, F, or E too.
    __________________
    02 12/14 03 7/3 04 6/18; 8/7 05 6/2,13; 7/23,24; 11/30 06 5/30; 6/2,3; 7/1,2; 9/15 07 7/8; 8/17,18,25,26 08 8/9, 10 09 7/18,19; 8/1 10 6/16,18,19; 7/3,4; 9/17,18 11 7/8,9,10 12 6/22; 7/6,7 13 6/21, 22; 7/5,6 14 6/20,21; 7/4,5 15 7/15,17,18,25,26,31; 8/1
    yankeesguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #326
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit
     
    ptothec2004's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Greenwood, IN
    Posts: 972

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    T-minus 90 days and counting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________
    2021: DC x2 (pit), CINCINNATI, BLOSSOM, LEXINGTON & SPAC x2 (inside each night)

    LIFE IS GREAT WHEN YOU AREN'T HAVING TO PAY FOR iujj012ís SHIT!
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #327
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!
     
    Join Date: Mar 2020
    Location: West KY
    Posts: 142

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptothec2004 View Post
    T-minus 90 days and counting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First time for me and I am pumped. The more I read about the venue, the more excited I get. I gave up on my trip to the Gorge after it was canceled in 2020, so this helps make up for it a little bit.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    ==================================

    Nashville '19, Gorge Weekend '20, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #328
    yankeesguy86
     
    yankeesguy86's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: IL
    Posts: 801

    Shows Seen: 70
    Send a message via AIM to yankeesguy86

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    First time for me and I am pumped. The more I read about the venue, the more excited I get. I gave up on my trip to the Gorge after it was canceled in 2020, so this helps make up for it a little bit.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I think Deer Creek is the most consistently good stop on their tour. As someone who does Alpine (when it actually happens), I look at it like this:

    Alpine occasionally gets a 10/10 all-time show.
    Deer Creek gets 8.5/10's pretty much every single time.

    In fact, I can't remember the last time I left a DC show saying "meh". I'm sure others could help me out in this thread, but can't recall a stinker in a long time.
    __________________
    02 12/14 03 7/3 04 6/18; 8/7 05 6/2,13; 7/23,24; 11/30 06 5/30; 6/2,3; 7/1,2; 9/15 07 7/8; 8/17,18,25,26 08 8/9, 10 09 7/18,19; 8/1 10 6/16,18,19; 7/3,4; 9/17,18 11 7/8,9,10 12 6/22; 7/6,7 13 6/21, 22; 7/5,6 14 6/20,21; 7/4,5 15 7/15,17,18,25,26,31; 8/1
    yankeesguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #329
    TheQuietStorm86
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Posts: 30

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    We were able to book the Embassy Suites close by the venue. Is it walkable to the venue from that hotel? Googlemaps says itís a 45 minute walk but the path looks circuitous.
    TheQuietStorm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #330
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby
     
    btpeters's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Indianapolis, IN
    Posts: 23,241

    Shows Seen: 55

    Re: *** Official Deer Creek 2020***

    I like that assessment. And those 8.5 shows could easily be 10s for a lot of people too. And i think since the band returned in 2018, itís been competing with SPAC as the best 2 night stop.

    As far as disappointments, Iíll try...

    I think they left A LOT on the table that was in rotation in 2010 (Hello Again, Kit Kat, So Right, Cry Freedom, Baby Blue, Grace, Ditch)...buuut...JTR, Break For It, Big Eyed Fish, Sweet Up & Down, Stay or Leave, Stand Up>Recently, Warehouse w Barnes and seeing them after a 2 hour rain delay play til 1am on a Friday night really make it hard to really call that weekend a disappointment.

    2014 N2 i was not feeling the set list. However the crowd that night was one of the most roaring and the band was feeding off it tremendously and mentioning it all night. That set still had an Ants opener, Recently, Stolen Away, LIOG, that little I Need A Word moment, a really good Everyday with a lot of 36 in it, tour debut of Halloween and a rock solid encore (Some Devil>Granny>Improv>Grey St).
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram