Those who have been or going to Tinley Park... - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > DMB Past Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #1
2StepMarching

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Those who have been or going to Tinley Park...

Hi,

Im planning to take a trip to Chicago and i was wondering if anyone can help me plan out my Tinley Park DMB experience like seating and what to expect. So if anyone can answer the following questions it will be helpful:

1. Value wise whats the best place to sit (im not talking front row or real close just a all around good area)?

2. Wheres a good hotel that is both close to Tinley Park and Wrigley Field (going to a cub game as well)

3. A good bar before the DMB show....A good bar before a cub game?

4. Anything else important to know!!!???!!!

Thanx
2StepMarching is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
    MelissaDMBfan
    Hollywood Boyfriend

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Those who have been or going to Tinley Park...

Well Tweeter Center sucks. The only good seats in the house are probably within the first 15 rows. There are some obstructed view seats in the pavillion. Anything within the 100's will probably be decent. Two years ago I was in the 200's and the sound was terrible. I would say go with the lawn cause its cheaper, but you might not be able to hear a single thing cause the acoustics are so bad.

I dont know if you are getting a rental car, but Tinley Park is kinda far from Wrigley Field. If you got a cab it would be VERY expensive. I don't really know of any hotels, but there is on right across I-80 by Tweeter Center.

There are TONS of bars around Wrigley. I like Hightops personally, but there is Harry Carry's and another one on the corner of sheffield and addison. You will have no problem finding a good bar, especially on game day.

Last edited by MelissaDMBfan; 02-22-2004 at 05:23 PM.
    MelissaDMBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
    CUBuffsMike41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2StepMarching
    Hi,

Im planning to take a trip to Chicago and i was wondering if anyone can help me plan out my Tinley Park DMB experience like seating and what to expect. So if anyone can answer the following questions it will be helpful:

1. Value wise whats the best place to sit (im not talking front row or real close just a all around good area)?

2. Wheres a good hotel that is both close to Tinley Park and Wrigley Field (going to a cub game as well)

3. A good bar before the DMB show....A good bar before a cub game?

4. Anything else important to know!!!???!!!

Thanx
    1)I don't mind the sound that much. If you're way up in the lawn, it kind of sucks. But I don't think anywhere in the pavilion is that bad.

2)No hotels are going to be close to both. Tinley is like 25 miles sw of the city, and Wrigley is on the northside. So it's probably a 35-40 mile or so drive from Wrigley to Tinley Park. If I was you, I'd stay downtown somewhere. Then you can take a cab up to Wrigley. But if you don't have a car, you're really going to struggle getting out to the show, unless you want to spend 90 bucks on a cab/limo.

3)There are some bars in Tinley and Orland Park about 10 minutes from the World, although you'll still probably have to sit in traffic for 20-25 minutes before you finally get there. And they're not going to be anything special, just your typical suburban neighborhood bars - although relatively speaking, Orland and Tinley Park are pretty nice. If you want the exact location and names, let me know. I know the ones in Orland, which is a little farther, but I'd have to ask my cousin about the ones in Tinley. As far as Wrigely goes, the neighborhood is surrounded by bars, all up and down the street right next to it. Very easy to find..

4)A lot of people will tell that you Tinley sucks, but I don't mind it. It's kind of a cool venue, and I never really had a problem with the sound. Don't expect any tailgating though, caus they really move people along in the lots. You can get away with it for awhile before they start threatening to get the cops, but it's a pretty lame scene.
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
    2StepMarching

My Tour Central Stats

Hmmm .... thats really dissapointing getting some bad reviews for Tweeter. What exactly makes it so bad?

Im a 4yr warehouse member so if i do get seats they will probably be good. Im just really concerned with my friends sitting elsewhere.
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #5
    pj4real29
    run like an antelope

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=2StepMarching] What exactly makes it so bad?
    QUOTE]

sound quality is not the greatest...if you are under the pavillion it shouldn't be too bad

the band put on one hell of a show there last year though
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #6
    CUBuffsMike41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hmmm .... thats really dissapointing getting some bad reviews for Tweeter. What exactly makes it so bad?

Im a 4yr warehouse member so if i do get seats they will probably be good. Im just really concerned with my friends sitting elsewhere.
    Some people say the sound is really bad, but I don't necessarily agree with that. I think it's average...

People say it sucks because it's basically a man made hill in the middle of suburbia right next to a major highway, and there's really no tailgating scene. And the venue is huge, one of the biggest amp's in the country, but really not that aesthetically pleasing. And the crowd is usually pretty average, nothing compared to somewhere like Alpine - a lot of the Chicago yuppies just go for the party, not necessarily caus they're big fans. You're more likely to find a girl squealing on her cell phone there than seeing a "true fan."

Last edited by CUBuffsMike41; 02-23-2004 at 12:26 AM.
    CUBuffsMike41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #7
    2StepMarching

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=pj4real29]
    Quote:
    What exactly makes it so bad?
    QUOTE]

sound quality is not the greatest...if you are under the pavillion it shouldn't be too bad

the band put on one hell of a show there last year though
    yea i saw the setlist and it looked great. Im used to shows at Shoreline CA they always put on an amazing show there and ive never had a bad experience there. I just hope its comperable!
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #8
    2StepMarching

My Tour Central Stats

does anyone have pics from a show at tweeter?
    Old 02-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #9
    MelissaDMBfan
    Hollywood Boyfriend

My Tour Central Stats

The sound in the pavillion isn't as bad as the lawn, but it is still bad. I was somewhere in the 200's two years ago, and we could hardly hear a thing. And then the speakers were cracking on top of that.

I have never been to Shoreline, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am sure you will be dissapointed with Tweeter compared to Shoreline. Whoever designed the place should be ashamed to call themselves and achitect.

Here is what it looks like. On the top level those are all sky boxes, and it is terrible for the sound. I don't know if I mentioned this yet, or if someone else did, but there are obstructed view seats in the pavillion. You could be sitting behind one of those huge poles!
    Old 02-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #10
    MelissaDMBfan
    Hollywood Boyfriend

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

One more thing. Since there is only one show for Tweeter, the Warehouse tickets are going to be given out randomly, and its not based on senority. I feel your pain, I am a 4th year Warehouse member too. If you are putting in a bid make sure you are definitely going, because these tickets are sometimes hard to sell.
    Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #11
    2StepMarching

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MelissaDMBfan
    One more thing. Since there is only one show for Tweeter, the Warehouse tickets are going to be given out randomly, and its not based on senority. I feel your pain, I am a 4th year Warehouse member too. If you are putting in a bid make sure you are definitely going, because these tickets are sometimes hard to sell.

Thanx for the pic.
    You are right that is an oddly constructed ampitheater. Looks like a big garage. No wonder you cant hear anything on the lawn, its built like an indoor amitheater. They shouldnt even have a lawn. Is the cost for the lawn vs under the pavillon significant?
    Old 02-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #12
    MelissaDMBfan
    Hollywood Boyfriend

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanx for the pic.
    You are right that is an oddly constructed ampitheater. Looks like a big garage. No wonder you cant hear anything on the lawn, its built like an indoor amitheater. They shouldnt even have a lawn. Is the cost for the lawn vs under the pavillon significant?
    I am not sure what the exact prices for DMB are going to be this summer, but I think lawn is ususally around 35 or 40 where lawn is around 52, then all the charges.
    Old 02-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
    Yesac820
    Raven

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Im thinking of making the trip down from wisconsin, because otherwise i have to wait til august for alpine. but yes the accoustics are horrible, and its not the best venue
    Yesac820 is offline   Reply With Quote