What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 2736 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-21-2019, 12:12 AM   #82051
drakan
Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

I forgot to add that another new neighbor was burning a huge brush pile(10 feet high probably) close to his house and maybe 20 yards from the house next door to that and 20 yards to a line of trees. Other than that he is fine though. He burned through the brush pile after a month or so.
drakan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #82052
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    The new neighbor told our neighbor he couldn't park his car in front of his house(meaning in front of the new neighbors house). The problem neighbors(who didn't live where the new neighbor lives) just moved out days ago. Now the new neighbor leaves a note saying I know you lived here 20 years but you can't park in front of my house. Right buddy. Our batting average isn't good when it comes to new neighbors the last few years. It's like 50/50.
    .500 will get you into the hall of fame
    Old 02-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #82053
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The new neighbor told our neighbor he couldn't park his car in front of his house(meaning in front of the new neighbors house). The problem neighbors(who didn't live where the new neighbor lives) just moved out days ago. Now the new neighbor leaves a note saying I know you lived here 20 years but you can't park in front of my house. Right buddy. Our batting average isn't good when it comes to new neighbors the last few years. It's like 50/50.
    Neighbors is a fantastic irritant that doesn't come up here enough. I mean, they're great if they're decent neighbors but if they suck, WOOF!

My neighbors on one side are cool. They say hello but, generally speaking, mind their own business. My other neighbor is someone who is on disability and stays home all day. The "battles" she creates are legendary and she is literally known throughout the entire neighborhood for being a cunt. That takes WORK in a city like Chicago.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:04 AM   #82054
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

There is some sort of living creature inside my bedroom wall. I have no idea what it is or how it got in there.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #82055
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    There is some sort of living creature inside my bedroom wall. I have no idea what it is or how it got in there.
    http://i.imgur.com/wTYl89V.gif
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #82056
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

My Dad thinks it's super weird that I don't talk to my neighbors.

Funny enough, the neighbor I've talked to more than any of the others (like five whole times) is the one I'm least able to communicate with (deaf.)
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #82057
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

A doctor I see has a common policy that any cancellations within 24 hours, I still need to pay the fee. Today I had an appointment, but the doctor sent me an email 14 hours before to cancel; under that policy, should't they owe me money?

Last edited by Lee3691; 02-21-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #82058
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    My Dad thinks it's super weird that I don't talk to my neighbors.

Funny enough, the neighbor I've talked to more than any of the others (like five whole times) is the one I'm least able to communicate with (deaf.)
    I never have that much either, besides an initial introduction when we moved into our current house and a friendly wave whenever we see them in the driveway or whatever.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #82059
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

That's a bit from Seinfeld, pretty much verbatim.
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #82060
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

^
    It's funny because its true
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #82061
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I never have that much either, besides an initial introduction when we moved into our current house and a friendly wave whenever we see them in the driveway or whatever.

Yea, we all wave. That's about all I want from a neighbor unless there's some serious trouble. I'm confident that if my house were on fire or something, a bunch of them would come to help, as I would for them.

The last thing I want is to have to stop and chat with people every time we both happen to be outside/near the mailboxes.
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #82062
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    A doctor I see has a common policy that any cancellations within 24 hours, I still need to pay the fee. Today I had an appointment, but the doctor sent em an email 14 hours before to cancel; under that policy, should't they owe me money?
    was the doctor skiing with your friend Elaine?
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #82063
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    was the doctor skiing with your friend Elaine?
    Here's the weird thing - she sends me an email at 2:30 confirming, which I answer. Then an email 5 hours later canceling due to the flu. Unfortunately I didn't check my email, so I didn't find out until I got there. Can't believe she didn't call though.
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #82064
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Yea, we all wave. That's about all I want from a neighbor unless there's some serious trouble. I'm confident that if my house were on fire or something, a bunch of them would come to help, as I would for them.

The last thing I want is to have to stop and chat with people every time we both happen to be outside/near the mailboxes.
    This is one of the best things about living in a neighborhood, IMO. We get along great with our neighbors and are close friends with a few more people who live right up the street from us.
    Old 02-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #82065
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    A doctor I see has a common policy that any cancellations within 24 hours, I still need to pay the fee. Today I had an appointment, but the doctor sent me an email 14 hours before to cancel; under that policy, should't they owe me money?
    Yes, imo.

My salon is like this.
    They gave me such shit because one time I called (on my way to an appointment) to say traffic was terrible and I might be 5 minutes late. Apparently, if you're 15 minutes late, they cancel you & charge a fee.

On the other hand, the last time I was there, my stylist was running at least 15 minutes behind.

I get that she was behind likely because someone earlier was running late, but the day I called saying I might be late (I ended up not being), the girl on the phone was such a bitch that I almost stopped going there completely.
    But, there was no apology / regard to me when I had to wait because they were running behind.

On the other hand, at my last cleaning, my dentist was running behind.
    Which, almost never happens (actually, it was the hygienist). My dentist is about 2 minutes from my office, so I schedule my cleanings at noon and run down. After sitting there for a good 20 minutes, I asked if they were going to be much longer (not that it matters how long I leave for "lunch," but I also didn't want to take an hour at the dentist and then another hour to actually get lunch & eat). They apologized and I was seen about 5 minutes later, so it was annoying, but I didn't make a big deal about it. A week later - my dentist sent a note apologizing for the delay & a $10 Starbucks gift card.
    I've never had any type of dentist / doctor / salon acknowledge holding up my time like that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    This is one of the best things about living in a neighborhood, IMO. We get along great with our neighbors and are close friends with a few more people who live right up the street from us.
    I initially thought this. And, then a crazy girl moved in across the street. Like stalker level crazy. It sucked. And, it's not like I could make up a "oh, I'm out of town this weekend" excuse to dodge her because she'd see my car there (and was always sending texts about seeing us home / or noticing when we weren't home, etc). I was so happy when they moved to Idaho.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #82066
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I know many years ago your property tax included the spot in front of your house. I'm talking about the 1940s and probably 1950s. I doubt any city or town still has this. Tell the guy to go fuck himself, its a public street and cars can park anywhere they want.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #82067
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    Yes, imo.

My salon is like this.
    They gave me such shit because one time I called (on my way to an appointment) to say traffic was terrible and I might be 5 minutes late. Apparently, if you're 15 minutes late, they cancel you & charge a fee.

On the other hand, the last time I was there, my stylist was running at least 15 minutes behind.

I get that she was behind likely because someone earlier was running late, but the day I called saying I might be late (I ended up not being), the girl on the phone was such a bitch that I almost stopped going there completely.
    But, there was no apology / regard to me when I had to wait because they were running behind.

On the other hand, at my last cleaning, my dentist was running behind.
    Which, almost never happens (actually, it was the hygienist). My dentist is about 2 minutes from my office, so I schedule my cleanings at noon and run down. After sitting there for a good 20 minutes, I asked if they were going to be much longer (not that it matters how long I leave for "lunch," but I also didn't want to take an hour at the dentist and then another hour to actually get lunch & eat). They apologized and I was seen about 5 minutes later, so it was annoying, but I didn't make a big deal about it. A week later - my dentist sent a note apologizing for the delay & a $10 Starbucks gift card.
    I've never had any type of dentist / doctor / salon acknowledge holding up my time like that.

I initially thought this. And, then a crazy girl moved in across the street. Like stalker level crazy. It sucked. And, it's not like I could make up a "oh, I'm out of town this weekend" excuse to dodge her because she'd see my car there (and was always sending texts about seeing us home / or noticing when we weren't home, etc). I was so happy when they moved to Idaho.

Do you go to Dallas beauty lounge? I only ask because my ex knows the owner and ive heard about that policy before.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #82068
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I don't dislike when coworkers put something up or send out an email asking to buy the thing their kids are selling, or if you wanna join and volunteer on the charity thing they're doing, or taking up a collection for this thing or for that person.

But I hate when they come around and corner you one on one.
    GSUdawg521 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #82069
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Girlscouts were posted up for like two weeks in front of the restaurant I'm working at. I had finally broken down and decided that I was going to buy a bunch yesterday. So of course they weren't there.
    Old 02-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #82070
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Do you go to Dallas beauty lounge? I only ask because my ex knows the owner and ive heard about that policy before.
    Haha! No, it's Jet Salon in Oakmont.
    My good friend also goes to a salon that does the same (you have to cancel with them 24 hours in advance or they charge you a ridiculous fee).

I mean, I understand that cancellations suck, and running late affects everybody after you, but emergencies do happen! And, like Lee, then do the same when you're cancelling on me!
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #82071
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Could probably be posted in this thread or what made you happy today but I had never heard this Nick Drake song until today, I think it's well written, I guess it irritates me that he was gone so early

https://youtu.be/BLXbTMyTDcU

Last edited by ToySoldier#34; 02-21-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2019, 08:24 PM   #82072
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Someone stole my lawn mower today. It had some busted line or something and making the garage and house smell like gas so I put it out in front of our garage. It’s been there for a few days. I leave for work and my neighbor was gone. Guess they figured no cars, what the hell.

I’m not irritated about the mower so much as it was an $60 pos and had issues, but I am irritated that someone thought they could help themselves to shit in front of my house. Had they just knocked on the door I would have probably given it to them.
    Old 02-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #82073
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

The worst situation was a neighbor had an insanely loud car. He was confronted 3 times by 3 different people. LOL. It was louder than your average loud motorcycle by a lot. The first time he turned it down or whatever but as soon as he reached a certain speed it was really loud. Then they act like we are the problem.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 04:02 AM   #82074
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    Someone stole my lawn mower today. It had some busted line or something and making the garage and house smell like gas so I put it out in front of our garage. It’s been there for a few days. I leave for work and my neighbor was gone. Guess they figured no cars, what the hell.

I’m not irritated about the mower so much as it was an $60 pos and had issues, but I am irritated that someone thought they could help themselves to shit in front of my house. Had they just knocked on the door I would have probably given it to them.
    Do you mind if I knock on your door, and just ask for $60 cash?
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:16 AM   #82075
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

There would be hell to pay if someone stole my lawnmower.

My irritant for the day is that Starbucks added syrup/sugar to my coffee after I explicitly stated NO SUGAR. Starbucks added sugar to a diabetic's coffee, JFC.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:19 AM   #82076
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The worst situation was a neighbor had an insanely loud car. He was confronted 3 times by 3 different people. LOL. It was louder than your average loud motorcycle by a lot. The first time he turned it down or whatever but as soon as he reached a certain speed it was really loud. Then they act like we are the problem.
    I've said it in here a thousand times, but people who make their cars intentionally louder than normal need to be shot into the sun.
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:43 AM   #82077
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I kinda think the lawnmower was asking for it. there are a very large number of people who drive around neighborhoods looking for random junk that people throw out. depending on the layout of your garage/driveway etc, if there's an old junky lawnmower sitting out for a period of several days, I don't necessarily think that the junk-picker is out of line for thinking it was being offered up to the junk gods
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:44 AM   #82078
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    My irritant for the day is that Starbucks added syrup/sugar to my coffee after I explicitly stated NO SUGAR. Starbucks added sugar to a diabetic's coffee, JFC.
    Oof.

I always am thankful that I don't have any dietary restrictions (for medical reasons or otherwise); with how bad customer service is nowadays I'd be on edge every time I ordered something while out and had to rely on a stranger getting it right.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #82079
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Hopefully the leaky gas line leaked all over their car and catches fire.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #82080
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    I kinda think the lawnmower was asking for it. there are a very large number of people who drive around neighborhoods looking for random junk that people throw out. depending on the layout of your garage/driveway etc, if there's an old junky lawnmower sitting out for a period of several days, I don't necessarily think that the junk-picker is out of line for thinking it was being offered up to the junk gods
    i agree with this train of thought.

wife and i moved to a new house in august of 2018, but the neighborhood we moved from was "filled" with people scouring the curbs for junk. and by "filled" i mean i never actually saw them but they were there. it wasn't a bad neighborhood by any means, but i could put an old grill out on the curb and by the time i've gotten back into my house it'd be gone. yet i never actually heard any one take it frankly, i loved that aspect of it. cause the town charged $10 to throwaway oversized items, so rather than pay the fee, i'd put it out on the curb with a "free" sign on it and it'd get taken care of