*** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread *** - Page 40 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #1171
donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
The best part is that there was no mention of this when the tour was announced, people bought tickets, and they're not even getting a refund if they can't go because they're banned.
Why is that the best part?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #1172
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

Shows Seen: 203

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    Why is that the best part?
    Sarcasm. There's nothing "good" about this stupid bullshit.
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-10-2021, 04:03 PM   #1173
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sarcasm. There's nothing "good" about this stupid bullshit.
    Ah - sorry I didn't pick up on it. I completely agree with you. Kind of a bush league bait and switch.
    Old 06-10-2021, 04:14 PM   #1174
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

*** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread ***

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    Ah - sorry I didn't pick up on it. I completely agree with you. Kind of a bush league bait and switch.

I honestly don’t know how Live Nation can even get away with that. Ban people from going and then keep the money of those they ban? That’s theft. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #1175
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Can't go, sell your tickets on Live Nation, no money kept
    Old 06-10-2021, 06:17 PM   #1176
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Can't go, sell your tickets on Live Nation, no money kept

Cool. And if nobody buys them and someone still can’t go because Live Nation told them no?

Yours is not a solution. If you don’t see the problem with what Live Nation is doing, I don’t know what to tell ya.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #1177
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Cool. And if nobody buys them and someone still can’t go because Live Nation told them no?

Yours is not a solution. If you don’t see the problem with what Live Nation is doing, I don’t know what to tell ya.

No one buys SPAC tickets on LN for face value???
    Old 06-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #1178
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

There IS a solution, a very good one. Get Vaccinated. Still plenty of time before the Tour even begins, and it's Free.

If your Freedom is worth more to you than seeing a DMB show in 2021, then sell your tickets on Warehouse, Ants or Stubhub.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 03:28 AM   #1179
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    There IS a solution, a very good one. Get Vaccinated. Still plenty of time before the Tour even begins, and it's Free.

If your Freedom is worth more to you than seeing a DMB show in 2021, then sell your tickets on Warehouse, Ants or Stubhub.

I am vaccinated. And I still understand that it’s insane that Live Nation isn’t giving refunds to people that aren’t. If Live Nation is making it so that some people aren’t allowed to go, LN needs to give those people their money back. They have no right to punish people monetarily if they choose to not be vaccinated.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:37 AM   #1180
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

No one is going to be stuck eating SPAC tickets because they can’t sell them; no one with half a brain (and I’d make an argument about those refusing vaccines without a real medical reason) is going to be “punished monetarily”

This is raging just to rage. Simple solution - get the vaccine; it’s free/safe/effective. If you don’t want to, that’s your choice. But choices have a range of consequences. In this case, that includes the venue not letting you in. You get to exercise your freedom of choice, as does the business. That’s how it works and it’s good to have both entities with that freedom.

If anyone decides that a vaccine requirement means they will have to skip SPAC, and cannot find a way to recoup their ticket money, they are dumb on multiple levels.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #1181
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    No one is going to be stuck eating SPAC tickets because they can’t sell them; no one with half a brain (and I’d make an argument about those refusing vaccines without a real medical reason) is going to be “punished monetarily”

This is raging just to rage. Simple solution - get the vaccine; it’s free/safe/effective. If you don’t want to, that’s your choice. But choices have a range of consequences. In this case, that includes the venue not letting you in. You get to exercise your freedom of choice, as does the business. That’s how it works and it’s good to have both entities with that freedom.

If anyone decides that a vaccine requirement means they will have to skip SPAC, and cannot find a way to recoup their ticket money, they are dumb on multiple levels.
    Again, I've been vaccinated.

You're right, it is a person's choice as to whether or not they want to be vaccinated. Live Nation should have made it clear that only vaccinated people will be able to attend shows in NY. People bought tickets without that knowledge or understanding, and now people making that choice are most definitely being "punished monetarily"... because they're not getting refunds for their tickets. It shouldn't be their responsibility to sell sell them on the 2ndary market. They purchased something under the assumption that they would be able to use what they purchased, and now the seller is saying that the consumer can't use what they sold unless the purchaser abide by a rule that wasn't in place at the time of sale. The business "exercising their freedom of choice" doesn't include a bait and switch on people who bought tickets but now can't use them because the venue (or organizer) changed the rules weeks after tickets have been bought and paid for.

And what if you have a lawn ticket? Do you think the market for lawn seats at SPAC is so hot that nobody will have any issues when trying to resell them?

And this doesn't just affect SPAC. This is for every venue in the State of New York. For every concert going through the State of New York.

If Live Nation/NY Venues want to have this rule in place, fine. That's not the point I'm arguing. The point is... give people their f***ing money back.
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #1182
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Again, I've been vaccinated.

You're right, it is a person's choice as to whether or not they want to be vaccinated. Live Nation should have made it clear that only vaccinated people will be able to attend shows in NY. People bought tickets without that knowledge or understanding, and now people making that choice are most definitely being "punished monetarily"... because they're not getting refunds for their tickets. It shouldn't be their responsibility to sell sell them on the 2ndary market. They purchased something under the assumption that they would be able to use what they purchased, and now the seller is saying that the consumer can't use what they sold unless the purchaser abide by a rule that wasn't in place at the time of sale. The business "exercising their freedom of choice" doesn't include a bait and switch on people who bought tickets but now can't use them because the venue (or organizer) changed the rules weeks after tickets have been bought and paid for.

And what if you have a lawn ticket? Do you think the market for lawn seats at SPAC is so hot that nobody will have any issues when trying to resell them?

And this doesn't just affect SPAC. This is for every venue in the State of New York. For every concert going through the State of New York.

If Live Nation/NY Venues want to have this rule in place, fine. That's not the point I'm arguing. The point is... give people their f***ing money back.
    Don’t waste your time arguing with these lunatics. They are always right. Get the non approved FDA vaccine but it’s still safe they’ll tell you. The unvaccinated are 3/5’s people now a days.

My biggest issue is not me having to be vaccinated, it’s that I planned to take my 10 year old who doesn’t even have the option to be vaccinated. A negative test should suffice in that situation.
    aircavmike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:33 AM   #1183
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post
    Don’t waste your time arguing with these lunatics. They are always right. Get the non approved FDA vaccine but it’s still safe they’ll tell you. The unvaccinated are 3/5’s people now a days.

My biggest issue is not me having to be vaccinated, it’s that I planned to take my 10 year old who doesn’t even have the option to be vaccinated. A negative test should suffice in that situation.
    I don't understand defending Live Nation here, at all.
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:37 AM   #1184
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't understand defending Live Nation here, at all.

It says no refunds if you show up at the time of the event. You’re not even reading the policy right.
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #1185
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unccrombie View Post
    It says no refunds if you show up at the time of the event. You’re not even reading the policy right.
    I called. They're not offering refunds, period.
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 AM   #1186
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

That sure settles that.
    Old 06-11-2021, 08:13 AM   #1187
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    Children under the age of 12, who are not vaccine eligible, are likely to be permitted but will be asked to wear a mask.

https://www.syracuse.com/entertainme...dont-know.html

Quote:
    Children under age 12 are not eligible to be vaccinated, and vaccination rates are still low among older children. Some syracuse.com readers said Live Nation informed them that kids under 12 can attend shows with their parents, but they must wear a mask.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 08:18 AM   #1188
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Don’t waste your time arguing. They are always right.

When it comes to being vaccinated this is true
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #1189
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Live Nation should have made it clear that only vaccinated people will be able to attend shows in NY.

LN did not KNOW this when DMB started selling tickets to their tour. This is a new thing that it was extended to this point.

But yes, I agree - they should offer a refund just on that basis. Luckily for DMB fans, tickets are very easy to sell to these shows (not Wantagh or Holmdel, maybe though...?) except lawn. If they add a new policy well after tickets go on sale then just let the few people get the refunds if they want them.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #1190
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    LN did not KNOW this when DMB started selling tickets to their tour. This is a new thing that it was extended to this point.

But yes, I agree - they should offer a refund just on that basis. Luckily for DMB fans, tickets are very easy to sell to these shows (not Wantagh or Holmdel, maybe though...?) except lawn. If they add a new policy well after tickets go on sale then just let the few people get the refunds if they want them.
    I agree with everything you said. I'm not blaming DMB. I'm not even necessarily blaming Live Nation. Clearly it's not their guidelines, otherwise it would be happening everywhere. This is all the State of New York.

What I do blame Live Nation for is not giving refunds.
    Old 06-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #1191
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

You guys have invaded the safe haven of the spac thread with covid talk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #1192
    dog117

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

While I'm not against the measures, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Things might have opened up by September but if they haven't and you can't go to the show due to the vaccine requirements you can very likely get your money back via a credit card chargeback since the requirements didn't exist when you bought the tickets.

I'm guessing Livenation probably doesn't want to open the refunds door given anyone might be able to request refunds on that basis but their position isn't really tenable.
    dog117 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #1193
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    You guys have invaded the safe haven of the spac thread with covid talk
    Sad but true

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2021, 07:07 AM   #1194
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

89 days

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #1195
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

*** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread ***

June 13
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2021, 10:46 PM   #1196
    ForkInFork

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

If anyone is or knows a season pass holder at SPAC there are face value tickets in section 11 for both Friday and Saturday available for presale on ticketmaster.
    ForkInFork is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2021, 05:17 AM   #1197
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
    If anyone is or knows a season pass holder at SPAC there are face value tickets in section 11 for both Friday and Saturday available for presale on ticketmaster.
    Wish I did - I still need tix inside for N2.
    Old 06-15-2021, 06:16 AM   #1198
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unccrombie View Post
    June 13
    Such a good show. Possibly my favorite.

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #1199
    Bernie41
    2022 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 82

My Tour Central Stats

For those that were worried about the vax requirement, it looks like NY is dropping all restrictions effective today. So at this point I'd be surprised if vax is required for shows in September.
    Bernie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #1200
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone here going to Mexico?
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote