Post-Gazette Pavilion ~ May 31, 2008 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
joeyfine
Blossom Is The Best

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Post-Gazette Pavilion ~ May 31, 2008

In Case anyone wanted to know

Dave Matthews Band
May 31, 2008
Post-Gazette Pavilion at Star Lake, Burgettstown, PA

Pre-show ~ tailgated once again with some of the coolest people on the planet. love all of you.

Two Step ~ great opener. the LCD lights came on and they started to jam. Timmy and LeRoi killed this jam. wonderful.

Granny ~ first time i've heard it since star lake in 2005. amazing song and everyone went with it.

Corn Bread ~ 1st repeat of the night, Carter got it going and everyone followed. becoming a fan fave.

Satellite ~ good to see them busting out this tune. very mellow but everyone sang along.

So Damn Lucky ~ 2nd repeat of the night. these Some devil tracks are becoming very good. it will be interesting to see how it matures with the band.

The Maker ~ would have loved to hear this before two step like the old days. a lot of people didn't really know the song that well. it was nice they brought it back.

Where Are You Going ~ Filler song. people sang. the end

You Might Die Trying ~ 3rd repeat of the night. Dave said he really liked this song. so they played it.

#41 ~ Finally! I haven't heard this one since 2005 and it was the song we have been waiting for. Dave & Boyd rocked this one. everyone in the world was happy to hear it.

Too Much ~ I love how they play the music videos on the screen this year. brings back good memories. They didn't slow it down like last year in the middle. LeRoi rocked this one.

Melissa ~ nice Allman brothers cover. kinda killed the energy though. not many people know of this song. (alot of kids tonight).

Gravedigger ~ 4th Repeat Carter and Timmy started the song. becoming a big band hit. better than last night In my opinion.

Rhyme and Reason ~ 5th Repeat. i pretty much wrote this song off when i heard it till LeRoi & Reshawn took over. they played a very funky and bizarre jam in the middle. the whole band was just watching and grooving. the crowd got into it. good choice.

#27 ~ 6th repeat. i thought last night was better. Dave Broke a string and sorta wandered off to get a new guitar.

Lie In Our Graves ~ Boyd killed the solo as always. gotta love this song. makes people happy.
...>
Ants Marching ~ nice way to end the set. soo much energy going into this song. what a way to end the night

Encore:
Money ...>
Money That's What I Want

Great set of songs. i enjoyed last night more though. listen to this and see if you like it.

Notes

* I would like to say that this band sounds 10 years younger with the edition of Reshawn Ross and Tim Reynolds compare these songs to last year and you will know what im talking about.

* Six repeats for 1 night is too much. i know they are gettin the kinks out of the songs but there was no reason for you might die trying two nights in a row.

* Cover songs are great but we don't need 3 in one night. stick to your own music but last night was still amazing.

* Dave told a story about a duck that followed him. then he wanted to tell the duck to kiss his whole ass.

* Dave also stated that he "Loved his job"

* Tim is better than Butch. listen to the music and just agree

* I want to thank all the ants who i met for making it such an amazing weekend.

Feel free to hate away

* And Do NOT FORGET TO THANK THE TAPERS. WITHOUT THEM YOU'D HAVE TO GO BUY THE CDs. Thank you to the 3 tapers i saw out there.
joeyfine is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
    41 Step

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Post-Gazette Pavilion ~ May 31, 2008

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeyfine View Post
    * And Do NOT FORGET TO THANK THE TAPERS. WITHOUT THEM YOU'D HAVE TO GO BUY THE CDs. Thank you to the 3 tapers i saw out there.
    IMO it's kind of pointless to post a review for a show a month after it happens, but I must say that I completely agree with this. At every show I go to, DMB or otherwise, I make sure to thank every taper I see who is in a section I can access.
    41 Step is offline   Reply With Quote