Hershey Review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > Just Got Back From The Show!
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
tugolf08

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Hershey Review

So last night was my 10th show I've seen and I have never written a review. But after tonight's show and seeing the ridiculous write up of that being the worst show ever I felt compelled to write a review of my own.

I know it doesn't look like anything special on paper, but fuck me if this wasn't a dam good show IMO.

ODH - Obv not the best opener in the world but I don't mind the song at all. Sure as hell suprised me with this one though

Everday - Average version of the song, crowd enjoyed, enjoy this song live every time i see it.

YMDT - wow this has to be the best version of the song I have ever heard. They jammed the hell out of it and I thoroughly enjoyed the song.

Eh Hee - Glad to see it back on the acoustic. Standard Version

Bartender - First time seeing it live! absolutely completely blew me the fuck away. Dave's wails at the end were unreal, gave my friend chills. Can't say enough about how much I loved this song.

Grey St - Can never go wrong with it. Roi sounded awesome on it. I'll take it at every show. I don't know if anyone else noticed but dave wasn't really playing the guitar the first part of the song. Was confused by that.

Out of my Hands - the dave speak before was hilarious. Dave talking about hiding a monkey with a blue penis and big shiny red balls under the curtain. Enjoyed this more than I thought and enjoyed the changes to it.

Nancies - Sounded good. First time catching it since my first show. Dave had some hilarious Davespeak before the song tlaking about Hershey Syrup in a can and not letting it go extinct like the dodo or the dinosaurs because we now have squeeze tubes for it. Seemed to do a little intro talking about Hershey's syrup and it getting your hands sticky.

Typical Situation - Didn't see this one coming at all. Thought this was one of the highlights of the show. Really enjoyed the jam on this one. Was happy it wasn't the truncated version, kept waiting for them to cut it off on us.

Where Are You Going - I can't believe how many people don't like this song.. Everyone around me took a seat immediately! It was unreal to see how many people either left or sat down. Still not too bad though.

Crash - Standard

Jimi Thing - Not sure this beats the version I heard in Camden but none the less was a good version of the song.

So Damn Lucky - I've already caught this song a couple times this summer, but WOW this version blew me away. I REALLY enjoyed the new outro for the song.

R & R - Timmy stole the show on this song. Just awesome.

SMTS - Standard

ASTB - I was sitting 12th row section A and got to see the side of the stage where it seemed to be stefan's wife and kids and then went ABSOLUTELY WILD when he had his bass solo during this. You would swear they've never seen him perform live. Was great to see

Too Much - Dave broke a string on his guitar during this and then got it back and was dancing around shaking his ass with the guitar above his head. Absolutely hilarious.

Money - Was excited to see this again. Really enjoy this song as a cover

Two Step - This has to be the best version of Two Step I have ever heard live. The jam they did in the middle was incredible. It didn't even sound like Two Step at one point and you could see how pumped Dave was pumping his fists and just yelling into the crowd. Still can't believe how good this version was. Said to my buddy how crazy would it be if they went into Ants from here....

Ants - Sure enough they did!!! Still can't believe it. Absolutely sent the place into a frenzy. I thought they were definitely done after two step but getting this was just icing on the cake. Such a ridiculous version with Boyd going wild in the beginning.

I thought this was a great show and left there comparing this show to Night 2 of Camden last year. I know everyone hates ODH and Everyday but man that was a great show. Can't say enough about it.
tugolf08 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-28-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Hershey Review

Here is mine. Show #33 I believe now.

ODH - Shitty way to open the set...that being said...I didn't hate it

Everday - Called it. Standard but always nice.

YMDT - Fantastic song. Really has come a long way over the last 3 years.

Eh Hee - pretty cool song. Second time I have heard it now. I like the chorus to the song. That being said...at this point in the concert I was looking for a classic song to be played

Bartender - Classic song success. Love this song, have loved it ever since they wrote it. Great version. The outro was really awesome

Grey St - Worst version I have ever heard. This would start a reoccurring theme of Dave having horrible guitar problems throughout the night. Guitar did not play for him for the first 1/2 of the song...the band never recovered and a shit version came out...it happens...what can I say.

Out of my Hands - I personally really love this song now. It has a really cool feel to it. However, it is somewhat of a set killer. One of the highlights of the night for me though.

Nancies - Classic song and first song written before 2000 to be played so far! First song to really get the crowed on their feet too. Warehouse should always follow this song though.

Typical Situation - If there was one song that could follow Nancies other than Warehouse this was it. One of my favorite songs of all time and I was such a treat to hear it tonight. Made the show for me because I really was not expecting it. Jam was amazing again. Classic DMB right here.

Where Are You Going -Dave read my mind on this one. I had literally just turned to my friend and said "I need to go pee" and this song started to play. Perfect timing Dave! Thank you!

Crash - Standard, but always a crowd pleaser

Jimi Thing - This song always has a way of being the highlight of the concert. The crowd sang the "Stop Hey Whats That Sound" outro and Dave jumped in on it at the end...pretty awesome. Also...I am glad the scatting is getting a break.

So Damn Lucky - Cool, but I perfer DM + F version

R & R - One of my favorite songs. Classic DMB again...and TR was awesome on it.

SMTS - The song that got me into DMB back in 97! Was not expecting and I have not heard it live for a while now so I was all about it! Great way to end the show ~> Too Much

ASTB - Freeze Intro is funny...except Tim kept moving haha.

Too Much - Guitar problems continued...but we got a really funny Dave dance because of it...so it is all good.

Money - Floyd is top 3 favorite band for me....DMB is #1 so for me this was a perfect match!

Two Step - I have heard this song encore close like 15 times...so I started to leave the second it started to play...but then I stopped and listened to it....such an amazing song every time. Though for sure this was the last song.

Ants - Nothing and I mean nothing will ever top an Ants Marching closer. Amazing...you will never leave a concert unhappy when this song closes...and to through it in right after two step was unreal!

Over all: set list was weak but the show was awesome! The Band sounds great and even those "weak" songs sound amazing. This band is playing as good as they ever have right now. To bad this is the only show I can make it to this tour.
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Hershey Review

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    Here is mine. Show #33 I believe now.

ODH - Shitty way to open the set...that being said...I didn't hate it

Everday - Called it. Standard but always nice.

YMDT - Fantastic song. Really has come a long way over the last 3 years.

Eh Hee - pretty cool song. Second time I have heard it now. I like the chorus to the song. That being said...at this point in the concert I was looking for a classic song to be played

Bartender - Classic song success. Love this song, have loved it ever since they wrote it. Great version. The outro was really awesome

Grey St - Worst version I have ever heard. This would start a reoccurring theme of Dave having horrible guitar problems throughout the night. Guitar did not play for him for the first 1/2 of the song...the band never recovered and a shit version came out...it happens...what can I say.

Out of my Hands - I personally really love this song now. It has a really cool feel to it. However, it is somewhat of a set killer. One of the highlights of the night for me though.

Nancies - Classic song and first song written before 2000 to be played so far! First song to really get the crowed on their feet too. Warehouse should always follow this song though.

Typical Situation - If there was one song that could follow Nancies other than Warehouse this was it. One of my favorite songs of all time and I was such a treat to hear it tonight. Made the show for me because I really was not expecting it. Jam was amazing again. Classic DMB right here.

Where Are You Going -Dave read my mind on this one. I had literally just turned to my friend and said "I need to go pee" and this song started to play. Perfect timing Dave! Thank you!

Crash - Standard, but always a crowd pleaser

Jimi Thing - This song always has a way of being the highlight of the concert. The crowd sang the "Stop Hey Whats That Sound" outro and Dave jumped in on it at the end...pretty awesome. Also...I am glad the scatting is getting a break.

So Damn Lucky - Cool, but I perfer DM + F version

R & R - One of my favorite songs. Classic DMB again...and TR was awesome on it.

SMTS - The song that got me into DMB back in 97! Was not expecting and I have not heard it live for a while now so I was all about it! Great way to end the show ~> Too Much

ASTB - Freeze Intro is funny...except Tim kept moving haha.

Too Much - Guitar problems continued...but we got a really funny Dave dance because of it...so it is all good.

Money - Floyd is top 3 favorite band for me....DMB is #1 so for me this was a perfect match!

Two Step - I have heard this song encore close like 15 times...so I started to leave the second it started to play...but then I stopped and listened to it....such an amazing song every time. Though for sure this was the last song.

Ants - Nothing and I mean nothing will ever top an Ants Marching closer. Amazing...you will never leave a concert unhappy when this song closes...and to through it in right after two step was unreal!

Over all: set list was weak but the show was awesome! The Band sounds great and even those "weak" songs sound amazing. This band is playing as good as they ever have right now. To bad this is the only show I can make it to this tour.
    Forgot about Cornbread...song is awesome...my favorite of the newbies!!
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote