How many shows are you doing in 2021? - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-25-2020, 11:31 AM   #61
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: How many shows are you doing in 2021?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
The horror
I could care less if they survive, but for good or ill they are the foundation that most big shows are built on. If they crumbled there would be a major restructuring of the dynamics to purchasing tickets at the very least.

Anyway back on topic. I'd love to add Deer Creek next year, but this thread is making me feel all sorts of hopeless for any music now.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #62
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    I could care less if they survive, but for good or ill they are the foundation that most big shows are built on. If they crumbled there would be a major restructuring of the dynamics to purchasing tickets at the very least.

Anyway back on topic. I'd love to add Deer Creek next year, but this thread is making me feel all sorts of hopeless for any music now.

Please God let it happen at some point, to your whole post
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #63
    dahpissah
    She is sooo hot!

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about COVID and I'm not about to debate this with anyone but things need to get back to normal soon. If you're that concerned about it stay home! That being said, going to Mohegan and Mansfield next year.
    Old 08-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #64
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Planning on either 2 or 5. Will probably end up with more than that unless the early shows suck or I hear a reason to not jump ship.

I fucking miss this band.
    Old 08-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #65
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Planning on just the Texas two step, but I'm not convinced Texas will be out of the woods yet by that time. So probably none.
    Old 08-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #66
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    What if one never comes? Are we really going to live like 2020 for the rest of time over a virus as benign to the majority as Covid?
    What if one never comes? Then we'll adjust our lives accordingly. I have no control over that and neither do you

We're living like this because of the folks for whom it is not benign, for the folks who are most vulnerable, because the mortality rate soars for them

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I guess it will come down to this: Are you ok leaving people fighting cancers, diabetics, people with high blood pressure, organ transplant recipients, arthritic/Crohm's disease patients taking stuff like Humira, the elderly (65 and above), people with a laundry list of chronic illnesses to their own devices? And don't forget, people in their 30's seemingly in good health have been put onto respirators due to this virus and some don't make it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    I keep hearing December for a vaccine anyway. Why do people just assume it’s going to take years. They already had advances on a vaccine for this.
    Because the fastest turnaround for some previous vaccines was 4-5 years

Also some of it is you just need time. You need to see if it actually works in your test subjects and you need to see what, if any, long-term ramifications it has

If you get the vaccine but your leg falls off (probably not, but as an example), I'm gonna say that's a side effect we should try to avoid!

That said, we have so many people around the globe working on this and medicine has improved so much over the past 50 years that I wouldn't be surprised if we get something faster than ever

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    I couldn't see LN and Ticketmaster surviving another year of no shows
    Live shot of me doing what I can to help TicketMaster in these uncertain times:

https://miro.medium.com/max/2800/0*v...6GkQ8RGDp.jpeg
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #67
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Where does it say it has to be in an amp? There are already many types of drive in shows happening. We are 8 months away from when spring/summer shows start. A lot can happen in that time.
    I'd be shocked if DMB plays next year.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 03:58 PM   #68
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The 2 Denver shows are all I will try for.

Last edited by jmkratt; 08-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #69
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I guess it will come down to this: Are you ok leaving people fighting cancers, diabetics, people with high blood pressure, organ transplant recipients, arthritic/Crohm's disease patients taking stuff like Humira, the elderly (65 and above), people with a laundry list of chronic illnesses to their own devices? And don't forget, people in their 30's seemingly in good health have been put onto respirators due to this virus and some don't make it.
    Yes I am. We can't stop living as a whole society because some people might get sick. Doing what we've been doing has major adverse effects on everyone. Many people are experiencing serious mental health issues, up to and including suicide. Many people are not getting regular health check ups that could catch cancer or other problems early and lead to better treatment options.

The high risk people should take an abundance of caution. They shouldn't be going concerts, sports, bars, clubs, etc. That in no one means that no one should be allowed to do those things. Its crazy to totally restructure society so that people that always get sick from things don't get sick. What we are doing isn't helping society and can't be sustained. It goes way beyond wanting to see concerts. That's how this conversation started but its so much more than that.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:45 AM   #70
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes I am. We can't stop living as a whole society because some people might get sick. Doing what we've been doing has major adverse effects on everyone.
    Maybe it's just me, but I never felt like society stopped "living". Especially from June to present. We can take precautions, live life, and fulfill a patriotic duty to protect our neighbors - it doesn't have to be an either/or.

I also think downplaying this as "some people might get sick" is ignorant.

Quote:
    Many people are experiencing serious mental health issues, up to and including suicide.
    There's no data-based evidence to suggest the notion of "the cure is worse than the disease". The "economic death" projections are vastly exaggerated because they use historical data of unemployment and related deaths to project for the current situation - but this isn't comparable; the size and extent of stimulus provided thru July is unprecedented and kept households and consumers afloat.

Quote:
    The high risk people should take an abundance of caution.
    I imagine that the high risk people were taking an abundance of caution when we had the "Summer Surge"...how did that work out? This whole idea that we can isolate the "high risk" ignores just how many people truly are "high risk". Half of the US adult population has a health condition that would put them in that high risk bucket.

Quote:
    Its crazy to totally restructure society so that people that always get sick from things don't get sick. What we are doing isn't helping society and can't be sustained. It goes way beyond wanting to see concerts. That's how this conversation started but its so much more than that.
    The solution to all of this is to get the virus totally under control, devise national strategies for reopening (and adhere to them), and vaccinate as many people as possible once efficacy and safety are established.

Be pissed that our "leadership" has failed to lead on this issue. That is why concerts in 2021 are still at risk.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:47 AM   #71
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes I am. We can't stop living as a whole society because some people might get sick. Doing what we've been doing has major adverse effects on everyone. Many people are experiencing serious mental health issues, up to and including suicide. Many people are not getting regular health check ups that could catch cancer or other problems early and lead to better treatment options.

The high risk people should take an abundance of caution. They shouldn't be going concerts, sports, bars, clubs, etc. That in no one means that no one should be allowed to do those things. Its crazy to totally restructure society so that people that always get sick from things don't get sick. What we are doing isn't helping society and can't be sustained. It goes way beyond wanting to see concerts. That's how this conversation started but its so much more than that.
    You’re not going to find many people on this board that agree with you.

I don’t think there’s even the slightest possibility that the 2021 tour will happen. The narrative seems to have changed to “as long as covid exists at all, nobody should do anything.”
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:54 AM   #72
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I don’t think there’s even the slightest possibility that the 2021 tour will happen.
    I think there's a 60/40 shot the tour happens.

Quote:
    The narrative seems to have changed to “as long as covid exists at all, nobody should do anything.”
    Yeah, nobody is saying that. People are saying things will be different until we have the virus under control, and the other side says "no, fuck that, I DEMAND everything be normal again".

It's ignorance and a lack of understanding of the basics of what a pandemic means, it's selfishness and a lack of care for your fellow citizens, and it's insulting to all the work we've done to actually attempt to control this thing to just want to throw caution to the wind.

Last edited by BTBaboon; 08-26-2020 at 05:56 AM.
    Old 08-26-2020, 06:52 AM   #73
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I never felt like society stopped "living". Especially from June to present. We can take precautions, live life, and fulfill a patriotic duty to protect our neighbors - it doesn't have to be an either/or.

I also think downplaying this as "some people might get sick" is ignorant.

There's no data-based evidence to suggest the notion of "the cure is worse than the disease". The "economic death" projections are vastly exaggerated because they use historical data of unemployment and related deaths to project for the current situation - but this isn't comparable; the size and extent of stimulus provided thru July is unprecedented and kept households and consumers afloat.

I imagine that the high risk people were taking an abundance of caution when we had the "Summer Surge"...how did that work out? This whole idea that we can isolate the "high risk" ignores just how many people truly are "high risk". Half of the US adult population has a health condition that would put them in that high risk bucket.

The solution to all of this is to get the virus totally under control, devise national strategies for reopening (and adhere to them), and vaccinate as many people as possible once efficacy and safety are established.

Be pissed that our "leadership" has failed to lead on this issue. That is why concerts in 2021 are still at risk.
    We disagree, that's okay. I don't have time right now to dig up sources to support my stances, nor do I have the energy to argue these points. It's why I have stopped going into the prompter thread. I just don't have the mental energy to do this on a message board. I know my view is the minority, after watching everything play out this year there is no changing how I view covid and the collective response to it.

Quote:
    You’re not going to find many people on this board that agree with you.

I don’t think there’s even the slightest possibility that the 2021 tour will happen. The narrative seems to have changed to “as long as covid exists at all, nobody should do anything.”
    Oh, totally, that's why I try to stick to DMB only discussion on here now. I decided to comment on the virus stuff and much like Ron Burgandy and his milk I immediately regret that decision.
    Old 08-26-2020, 07:02 AM   #74
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We disagree, that's okay.
    It's more than a disagreement, though. You're painting everyone who thinks differently than you as someone who wants to "lock down the country forever and stop society as a whole from living". That simply isn't the case at all.

I want concerts (and I still have hope for 2021), I want normalcy. But I recognize that we simply aren't going to get there without containing the virus completely. That requires a national effort and the acceptance from Americans to partake in a patriotic duty to protect others.

We all want the same thing - I think it's counterproductive to suggest we don't.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:11 AM   #75
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I do know if we don't have live music next year, even if we have travel and dining and all the other stuff, my mental health is going to be in shambles. It seems like such a petty, first world problem but in this pandemic I've realized how much of my mental escapism is found in live music.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #76
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I do know if we don't have live music next year, even if we have travel and dining and all the other stuff, my mental health is going to be in shambles. It seems like such a petty, first world problem but in this pandemic I've realized how much of my mental escapism is found in live music.
    Yep. And it cannot be replicated by live-streams, no matter how nice those may be.

I find myself missing live music a lot more than live sports. I’m pretty content watching sports on television, even though I think baseball feels particularly odd in an empty stadium.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #77
    Royal123

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I only have PNC in my backyard next year with awesome seats, don’t have my hopes up, I too will be in a deep dark place without live music next summer

Last edited by Royal123; 08-26-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    Royal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 08:02 AM   #78
    ClearlakeSun25

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Really depressing how many think 2021 tour won’t happen (not saying your wrong.)

Also you could start a thread about literally ANYTHING and in 2-3 posts it’d turn into an argument about COVID.

I have a killer lineup of shows for 2021, the thought of yet another million miles of fun being missed makes me want to punch a wall
    ClearlakeSun25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #79
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's more than a disagreement, though. You're painting everyone who thinks differently than you as someone who wants to "lock down the country forever and stop society as a whole from living". That simply isn't the case at all.

I want concerts (and I still have hope for 2021), I want normalcy. But I recognize that we simply aren't going to get there without containing the virus completely. That requires a national effort and the acceptance from Americans to partake in a patriotic duty to protect others.

We all want the same thing - I think it's counterproductive to suggest we don't.
    I agree with everything you're saying, but unfortunately these are seriously conflicting statements right now. If people would just get over themselves and do what they need to do there wouldn't be much of a question about getting back to (somewhat) normal by next summer. As it stands now, I'm just hoping for a vaccine/treatment breakthrough to bail us out since so many of us fail to understand that.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #80
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    Yep. And it cannot be replicated by live-streams, no matter how nice those may be.

I find myself missing live music a lot more than live sports. I’m pretty content watching sports on television, even though I think baseball feels particularly odd in an empty stadium.
    I'm planning to go to a drive-in concert next Friday for Dave Matthews Tribute Band. They've been doing drive ins at the local minor league baseball stadium.

There's live music options out there, they're just not the massive venue acts.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #81
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post

I definitely agree here but rarely go to see live sports in general anyway. I miss playing live music, it has crushed some of my friends who are professional musicians financially.
    Old 08-26-2020, 09:03 AM   #82
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I never suggested you or everyone who disagrees with me as wanting society shut down. There are many that do though, to pretend otherwise is willful ignorance.
    Old 08-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #83
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I never suggested you or everyone who disagrees with me as wanting society shut down. There are many that do though, to pretend otherwise is willful ignorance.
    Who are the people that WANT to?

I think there's people who feel it may be necessary to combat the virus and protect American lives. I don't think anyone is out there jumping for joy at the idea and want to have it happen.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #84
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Who are the people that WANT to?

I think there's people who feel it may be necessary to combat the virus and protect American lives. I don't think anyone is out there jumping for joy at the idea and want to have it happen.
    There are many primarily people on the left that repeatedly call for their governor to mandate masks and call for even more restrictions on businesses and our behavior.

Also many state officials that provide inconsistent guidelines on who is allowed to do what. There are numerous examples of large group bans unless its a BLM related protest. That is complete and utter bullshit. Its either safe to be in a group of people or it is not. The reason couldn't matter less. The virus doesn't differentiate between a BLM protest or a church service or a concert or sporting event or movie theater.

I'm not saying people shouldn't protest. That is their right. Its also our right to peacefully assemble in any way we want. The government shouldn't condone gathering x while banning gathering y.

Imo people that promote the protests which are often violent and destructive but condemn someone for wanting to see a sporting event, concert, or any other large gathering wants our society to shutdown and crumble.

Every individual should be able to make their own choice as to the level of risk they are willing to accept and they can change their lifestyle accordingly. To forcibly mandate changes on others for your (royal) sense of safety and security is gross and wrong.
    Old 08-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #85
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

The Avetts are doing a live drive-in concert that's also being streamed (but not for free, nor should it be) this Saturday. Looking at smaller crowds, no concessions, no interacting w/ anyone not in your car. Their version is sitting in your car OR on your car, but you are not allowed to use the empty spaces between the parked cars.

I've seen some shots of something similar with screens that too small...the video screens need to be HUGE to make them visible with the distance they're needing for these types of shows.

Had COVID-19 been taken seriously out of the gate and we truly shut things down nationally, we'd be in a position to have something far closer to normalcy next summer. Thanks to the politicization of a public health emergency from the top, we are in far worse situation than we should be. And there are lots of folks already saying that they don't intend to vaccinate (a trick to microchip/track us...cuz our phones don't provide that ability already) and they purposely go w/o protection believing that herd immunity is guaranteed. We're not interested in getting sick or making anyone else sick. It's been far too long for the leadership of this country to make a plan. We are here as result of that incompetence.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #86
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We disagree, that's okay. I don't have time right now to dig up sources to support my stances, nor do I have the energy to argue these points. It's why I have stopped going into the prompter thread. I just don't have the mental energy to do this on a message board. I know my view is the minority, after watching everything play out this year there is no changing how I view covid and the collective response to it.

Oh, totally, that's why I try to stick to DMB only discussion on here now. I decided to comment on the virus stuff and much like Ron Burgandy and his milk I immediately regret that decision.

DD, meet Prompter thread 2

... also why is it that I agree with practically everything Grill says always
    Old 08-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #87
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    DD, meet Prompter thread 2

... also why is it that I agree with practically everything Grill says always
    For real, I'm sorry I ever brought it up. But here we are.
    Old 08-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #88
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

We are returning back to pretty much normal up here, it just takes time and people doing a patriotic duty to others. Not speaking to you, but your neighbors in the south seem to have an issue with this and making it about themselves. Fauci has said, if everybody did their part for two full weeks in the beginning of this, we would be back like Italy already. But, liberty.
    Old 08-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #89
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    We are returning back to pretty much normal up here, it just takes time and people doing a patriotic duty to others. Not speaking to you, but your neighbors in the south seem to have an issue with this and making it about themselves. Fauci has said, if everybody did their part for two full weeks in the beginning of this, we would be back like Italy already. But, liberty.
    Its normal here too. Besides dumb seating rules at restaurants and no movie theater yet. My kids are playing baseball and doing dance classes. We are in school and all but three high schools in my county are open in person no mask mandate. The others, including the one I work at, are remote right now thanks to ridiculous quarantine guidlines and no evidence of community spread in the schools.

We are way beyond doing our "patriotic duty" for 2 weeks. Covid and the regulations surrounding it have become way to partisan and political at this point to get the majority of Americans to do anything together as a whole.

Also I know you meant it in a derogatory way but individual liberty is the single most important issue to me. Everything else pales in comparison. I'm 100% against any government mandate for "the greater good"
    Old 08-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #90
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There are many primarily people on the left that repeatedly call for their governor to mandate masks and call for even more restrictions on businesses and our behavior.

Also many state officials that provide inconsistent guidelines on who is allowed to do what. There are numerous examples of large group bans unless its a BLM related protest. That is complete and utter bullshit. Its either safe to be in a group of people or it is not. The reason couldn't matter less. The virus doesn't differentiate between a BLM protest or a church service or a concert or sporting event or movie theater.

I'm not saying people shouldn't protest. That is their right. Its also our right to peacefully assemble in any way we want. The government shouldn't condone gathering x while banning gathering y.

Imo people that promote the protests which are often violent and destructive but condemn someone for wanting to see a sporting event, concert, or any other large gathering wants our society to shutdown and crumble.

Every individual should be able to make their own choice as to the level of risk they are willing to accept and they can change their lifestyle accordingly. To forcibly mandate changes on others for your (royal) sense of safety and security is gross and wrong.
    And why why WHY is this such a hard mandate to follow? For the life of me, I can not understand it.

As for protests - by definition they are going to continue whether you place a mandate on them or not and as long as white people shoot black people point blank in the back its not going to stop. If random people kept killing my friends and family and all I got were "thoughts and prayers" I know for certain at some point I would get that angry.