***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 468 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-13-2019, 06:48 AM   #14011
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_BTCS View Post
Losing to relegated Cardiff to finish up the season would really sum up everything nicely. At least Greenwood has looked decent.
Couple that first thought with this:

2 points from the final 15 in the league, including only 1 point out of 6 versus two two teams that were already relegated.

I am all in on Ole as the manager but this was not the ending anyone, or at least the faithful, had envisioned. He needs to get his stuff straight, figure out what formation he wants to run, get the team on board and players in place to make that happen.

I fully expect major changes on the squad over the summer, including Pogba to be sold off and maybe even De Gea too. The key will be to get either or both of those deals done quickly so they can immediately reinvest in the squad and not have any transfers lingering over the team all summer. More than likely, we will also be slotted in for Europa qualification with two games prior to the season starting, so getting the squad in order quickly will be paramount.

Regardless of what happens over the summer, bottom line, if the team stumbles out of the gate next season the pressure will be immense. If the league is out of reach, as Ole seems to be spinning right now, then he has go go deep in any of the cup competitions. If not then we end up getting to Thanksgiving sitting mid-table, holiday fixtures taking on more importance, possibly crashing out of Europa (if we make it to the group stage), FA Cup games starting in the new year and rumors flying in the press about wide spread changes.

Same song and dance we have heard over the last several seasons. And sounds all too familiar to this fan.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #14012
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Lampard is going to get the chance to manage Derby into the EPL. But more importantly, Leeds spends another season in the EFL.
    Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #14013
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Not if we bring him home this summer.
    Old 05-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #14014
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Exciting final weekend in the EFL. Derby, with a certain former Chelsea player at the helm, with a strong final match to move into the playoff over 'Boro, and a certain former Stoke manager. Then at the other end of the table, Bolton doing their best impersonation of early 2010's Portsmouth and finding themselves in such final turmoil that the players strike over unpaid wages, essentially forfeiting one game and losing their last match, on their way to League 1 next season. Hopefully with better ownership, a solid squad and no point deductions.
    Confirmed a few days ago that Bolton are entering administration. The will enter League One with a twelve point deduction. This season in League One it took 52 points for guaranteed safety. There were three teams on 50 points, with Plymouth going down on goal differential. So that means Bolton would need minimum 64 points for safety or fall yet further down the order. While the debt is not to the scale the Portsmouth had, this has the same setup and potential free fall for Bolton.
    Old 05-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #14015
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

CAMPEONES
    CAMPEONES
    OLE OLE OLE!!!!

God, we are fucking good as winning trophies. I love Chelsea Football Club!!!!!!!!
    Old 05-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #14016
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Who the fuck puts a game in Baku?
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #14017
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

$$$fifa$$$
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #14018
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ascf33 View Post
    $$$fifa$$$
    UEFA I believe. When I heard it was being located in Baku I though who got bribed?
    Old 05-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #14019
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

yep you're right. same point nevertheless
    Old 05-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #14020
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Viking kid scores 9 goals versus Honduras in U20 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrq4sJyMG4
    Old 05-31-2019, 07:58 AM   #14021
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

City looks to have rejected Bayern’s first offer for Sane.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.co...-pep-guardiola
    Old 06-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #14022
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Handball on the first minute of the UEFA Championship! Wow!
    Old 06-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #14023
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't think that penalty was that controversial but some people seem to think so. Boring game though.

The most champions league thing that could have happened this year would be for Tottenham to have won.
    Old 06-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #14024
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Wooooo!!! So glad to see Liverpool come away with a trophy this season! Champions of Europe for a 6th time!
    Old 06-03-2019, 05:38 AM   #14025
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

Champions of Europe!!!

Pretty boring game but man when Origi hit that second goal. Made it real.
    Old 06-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #14026
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you Liverpool.
    Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #14027
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Goodbye, Sweet Prince.

Hazard to Real Madrid deal agreed. With add-ons, it is worth up to 130M pounds.
    Old 06-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #14028
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

James is going back to Madrid too. Although I’ve read rumors they might flip him.
    Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #14029
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Lampard is going to get the chance to manage Derby into the EPL. But more importantly, Leeds spends another season in the EFL.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    Not if we bring him home this summer.
    I am sure you already knew this Chad, and know more details, but sounds like Chelsea are making advances for Lampard to come manage next season.
    Old 06-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #14030
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Super Frank is coming home indeed.
    Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #14031
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

How many leagues/teams/players do y'all follow? I've officially been sucked down the rabbit hole of the world of soccer. But I'm still pretty ignorant to who the best players are and what leagues they play in. I've watched MLS the past 2.5 seasons by of the ATL United. I watched Premier League last year and follow Tottenham and Newcastle. I've also caught some matches from Serie A and Bundesliga. I watched the Gold Cup and have been watching this preseason tour in America right now.

It's just so much to follow and try to figure out where the top players are. It's honestly a bit overwhelming. How much do yall follow closely or just casually. What are the best places to watch the international leagues in America. Premier League is easy to find on NBC but I cant find the other top leagues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Old 07-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #14032
    mrignatious

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    How many leagues/teams/players do y'all follow? I've officially been sucked down the rabbit hole of the world of soccer. But I'm still pretty ignorant to who the best players are and what leagues they play in. I've watched MLS the past 2.5 seasons by of the ATL United. I watched Premier League last year and follow Tottenham and Newcastle. I've also caught some matches from Serie A and Bundesliga. I watched the Gold Cup and have been watching this preseason tour in America right now.

It's just so much to follow and try to figure out where the top players are. It's honestly a bit overwhelming. How much do yall follow closely or just casually. What are the best places to watch the international leagues in America. Premier League is easy to find on NBC but I cant find the other top leagues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Honestly I've found the best way to keep up with who's hot and what teams are doing well is to just try to tune in every weekend, you'll usually get a good recap of the table and any big matches that have already been played. Plus, with tottenham/newcastle you'll have the opportunity to see the other 18 teams 4 teams each throughout the season.

As far as the other leagues, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but as far as I know you can catch Bundesliga games on FOX sports channels, La Liga on Bein Sports, and Serie A on ESPN+. Unless you dedicate a large portion of your weekend to watching soccer though, it can be overwhelming so if you're wanting to catch the best of the continental leagues it's probably easiest to keep tabs on the Champions League and the Europa League.

Others in here might be able to point you in the direction of good weekly recap shows, but I've always thought they tend to miss the overall sense of how the match went and focus more on the highlights, which can be good or bad obviously. I try and listen to the Football Ramble and On the Continent podcasts each week, some funny and insightful information on both.
    mrignatious is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2019, 04:37 AM   #14033
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

I used to listen to Hawkesby and Jacobs on TalkSport radio. I think they have a podcast now. They are very Premier League focused and tend to focus on the top 6. You’ll definitely get Spurs news. I haven’t listened in a while so maybe the formats changed, but it was very good to get footy news.

Podcasts will probably be your best bet. I’m sure there is one for Spurs and Newcastle probably has one if not some sort of online radio show. BBC/ITV/Sky sports always helps fill the gap.
    Old 07-29-2019, 04:57 AM   #14034
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    The league is now up and running.

Group Name: Ants Marching
    Code: 347544-74203

If anyone has trouble joining, I can also send out email invites.
    I've renewed this league from last year. It should've sent out an invite to everyone who had previously joined.

I wasn't given a group code like last year, so please let me know if you're having trouble renewing or signing up for the first time as I'll likely just have to send you an email invite.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2019, 07:46 AM   #14035
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I only follow Liverpool. I will watch an occasional Bundesliga game on FS1 though as they are very entertaining style of football.
    Old 07-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #14036
    hailtopitt
    Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ascf33 View Post
    I only follow Liverpool. I will watch an occasional Bundesliga game on FS1 though as they are very entertaining style of football.
    #YNWA
    hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2019, 06:45 AM   #14037
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

My strategy is to just care about and follow Chelsea. The rest of you can fuck off
    Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #14038
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    My strategy is to just care about and follow Chelsea. The rest of you can fuck off
    Looks up from shining Champions League trophy Hey Chad!
    Old 07-30-2019, 09:38 PM   #14039
    panini2001
    DMBritain

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Stoke City. Campaign begins this weekend. Enough said.
    Old 07-31-2019, 06:13 AM   #14040
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone know if they're doing a second season of Sunderland 'Til I Die? That show was awesome.

Tags
    soccer , uefa