Live Trax Vol. 62: Blossom Music Center 6.25.2010 - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Live Releases
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-10-2023, 10:53 AM   #241
RSSR
Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax Vol. 62: Blossom Music Center 6.25.2010

If you call them, they’re infinitely faster about helping you than if you send an email. I’ve never had a problem calling them and they get right on it.
RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-17-2023, 10:48 AM   #242
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I bought this Live Trax mostly because it was my first show on the rail and I have fond memories, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how good it is. The band sounds great and it's mixed very well.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2023, 11:47 AM   #243
    TerrapinMonkey

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoDaFoo View Post
    I bought this Live Trax mostly because it was my first show on the rail and I have fond memories, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how good it is. The band sounds great and it's mixed very well.
    It's a better show than I anticipated it being and fine for the average LT release. Don't think it deserved a vinyl version though, and the audience is mixed in wayyyy too hot. Sounds like a taper pull with some loud bros screaming into the mic.
    TerrapinMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2023, 07:23 AM   #244
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoDaFoo View Post
    2010 was really really good as far as band sound. i'm always pleasantly surprised by how much i like the mix on those shows. this set wasnt the most exciting, but I have found myself going back quite a bit and relistening already
    Old 01-18-2023, 09:05 AM   #245
    TerrapinMonkey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
    2010 was really really good as far as band sound. i'm always pleasantly surprised by how much i like the mix on those shows. this set wasnt the most exciting, but I have found myself going back quite a bit and relistening already
    At the time, everyone hated the 2010 sound. Too Fast, too loud, sloppy. Now it's good again?
    Old 01-18-2023, 10:00 AM   #246
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

The sound from 2008 up to WPB in 2010 was pretty solid. At some point when they came back from that break in the tour the faster, louder stuff started up. (Give or take, there may have been a night or 2 where they were "off" and it might've been the faster/louder style)

But this site has put forth the notion that its been that way ever since Jeff replaced Roi and its really not true at all. Listen to something like Camden 2010 (N2 is one of the best shows of the tour and one of Tim's best with the band) and then Gorge 2010. Same tour, but you'll notice quite a difference.

Last edited by btpeters; 01-18-2023 at 10:01 AM.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2023, 03:10 PM   #247
    mray10
    devil's reject

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    The sound from 2008 up to WPB in 2010 was pretty solid. At some point when they came back from that break in the tour the faster, louder stuff started up. (Give or take, there may have been a night or 2 where they were "off" and it might've been the faster/louder style)

But this site has put forth the notion that its been that way ever since Jeff replaced Roi and its really not true at all. Listen to something like Camden 2010 (N2 is one of the best shows of the tour and one of Tim's best with the band) and then Gorge 2010. Same tour, but you'll notice quite a difference.
    To some extent it was gradual and we all noticed it at varying shows/times over this time period. Or, as you say, certain show may have highlighted it more than others.

I went to Phoenix 2009 in the spring and it was fine at least in terms of sound quality, then caught them again in San Diego at the end of the summer and just felt like all I heard all night was Tim blaring away at me. Now, maybe that's some mix of the setlist (Chula was really BW heavy) and maybe even just how they mixed the sound in the venue. But I remember feeling then that something had changed and when I remarked on my feeling after the show I was not the only one who felt that way (not solely based on the Chula show, either).
    mray10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2023, 06:59 AM   #248
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mray10 View Post
    To some extent it was gradual and we all noticed it at varying shows/times over this time period. Or, as you say, certain show may have highlighted it more than others.

I went to Phoenix 2009 in the spring and it was fine at least in terms of sound quality, then caught them again in San Diego at the end of the summer and just felt like all I heard all night was Tim blaring away at me. Now, maybe that's some mix of the setlist (Chula was really BW heavy) and maybe even just how they mixed the sound in the venue. But I remember feeling then that something had changed and when I remarked on my feeling after the show I was not the only one who felt that way (not solely based on the Chula show, either).

I wasn't at that Chula show but some people I knew were and they had no problem bailing early. They were pretty disappointed in it. And these are people that are typically "stay til the last band member leaves the stage!" types.

2009 they just played too damn much. Way too many shows. They played from April to October through the united states and europe that year while also doing talk shows, radio programs and other kinds of album promotion gigs. If you saw them after WPB that year and that was your only show or shows, you probably weren't too big on 2009
    Old 01-19-2023, 07:49 AM   #249
    dmb2much40
    flower in the desert

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

A lot goes into this in terms of venue acoustics, mix, song selection. I don’t think it was consistently bad until 2012, but obviously there are examples earlier. When Tim came back in 2008 I never thought he’d stay this long.
    into a black bottomless well
    and the red blue blood comes through her
    feels as cold as ice in her hell..."
    dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #250
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
    A lot goes into this in terms of venue acoustics, mix, song selection. I don’t think it was consistently bad until 2012, but obviously there are examples earlier. When Tim came back in 2008 I never thought he’d stay this long.

My first shows in 2008 were the Staples Center (RIP ) and I remember Tim was bouncing off the walls there. Then at Chula Vista the following Saturday, they sounded great.

Staples indoors of course, but I haven't had that issue with Tim at the indoor shows I've seen since.
    Old 01-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #251
    TerrapinMonkey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I wasn't at that Chula show but some people I knew were and they had no problem bailing early. They were pretty disappointed in it. And these are people that are typically "stay til the last band member leaves the stage!" types.

2009 they just played too damn much. Way too many shows. They played from April to October through the united states and europe that year while also doing talk shows, radio programs and other kinds of album promotion gigs. If you saw them after WPB that year and that was your only show or shows, you probably weren't too big on 2009
    Ya, even at the time, I couldn't believe they were playing so much. I know Dave mentioned BW as kind of a rebirth and wanted to bring that energy back that they had as a young hungry band. BUT they were all in their 40's and 50's back then. I think it took a toll and likely led to them needing 2011 off. 2010 wasn't a light year either.
    Old 01-19-2023, 10:06 AM   #252
    TerrapinMonkey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Oh I personally agree! A lot of people here just hate on 2010 in general. It certainly had it's ups and downs like any tour. But it's a good one overall.

I love Tim Reynolds, so I had/have no issue with him being front and center. I know it changed the sound. But in 2007, I was about done with the old sound, and haven't really missed it since. Tim brought excitement back. It was dragging in 06/07.
    Old 02-02-2023, 11:53 PM   #253
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

I just noticed on dr.loudness-war.info LT62 is SLAMMED dynamically. It's startling to see how it came out versus the other recent LTs rated on there. I still plan to buy this as soon as I can (I didn't like the t-shirt, and really had no incentive to pre-order), and of course I haven't listened to this yet, but damn!
    Old 02-03-2023, 12:32 PM   #254
    BustedStuff2000

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I just noticed on dr.loudness-war.info LT62 is SLAMMED dynamically. It's startling to see how it came out versus the other recent LTs rated on there. I still plan to buy this as soon as I can (I didn't like the t-shirt, and really had no incentive to pre-order), and of course I haven't listened to this yet, but damn!
    Huh. It sounds great minus some audience noise. Don't think it's clipping anywhere, but ya everything is front and center on it.
    BustedStuff2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2023, 12:31 PM   #255
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Finally ordered this. Pumped.
    Old 02-08-2023, 01:02 PM   #256
    BustedStuff2000

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Finally ordered this. Pumped.
    Vinyl? Ohio Sweatshirt?
    BustedStuff2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2023, 01:25 PM   #257
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

I really hated that T-shirt, that's why I didn't pre-order. Maybe I'll eventually get the vinyl, bought the CD.
    Old 02-19-2023, 11:20 AM   #258
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

This release was meh. And I’m an apologist for nearly all DMB LT selections. Nothing against ‘10 shows either. Little Red Bird was the highlight for me. I don’t think I’m going back to this release.
    Old 08-11-2023, 06:21 PM   #259
    AndySlash
    Falling Hard

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

i’m glad shake me/you & me are one lp side so i can just not play that side at all.

Discogs
    AndySlash is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-28-2023, 10:30 AM   #260
    dmb417

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I know people have been pointing to the almanac for hi-res artwork but this is the highest there is on there, anyone got anything better?
    https://dmbalmanac.com/releaseartwor...ossum62510.jpg
    dmb417 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2023, 05:45 AM   #261
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This release was meh. And I’m an apologist for nearly all DMB LT selections. Nothing against ‘10 shows either. Little Red Bird was the highlight for me. I don’t think I’m going back to this release.
    I enjoyed this release but if I'm going for a 2010 show it's likely going to be LT 22.