***Official MSG 2021 Thread*** - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #331
Dangie

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official MSG 2021 Thread***

Words can't express how pumped I am for this!

I live in Iowa and Alpine is what I consider my "home venue" having been to every DMB show there since '05 (with the exception of '07 when I had a wedding I couldn't miss that weekend). With Alpine not getting any shows and me having a conflict the weekend of the Northerly Island Chicago shows (venue sucks anyway) I was worried I wasn't going to see the band for a second straight year. My brother-in-law lives in White Plains so I convinced my wife that our family should fly out and see them in November and I would try to score some MSG tickets. I was able to get floor seats both nights through the Citi Presale! Section A on N1 and Section C N2. I paid too much money for these, but I've never been to MSG before and have always wanted to go. A DMB show at MSG is essentially a bucket list event for me, so I figured I might as well go all out. My brother-in-law is coming with me N2 and it will be his first DMB show.

Anybody that has been there before have advice for a first timer? I assume those seats are pretty good?
Dangie is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-30-2021, 08:05 AM   #332
    jjc41

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dangie View Post

I live in Iowa and Alpine is what I consider my "home venue" having been to every DMB show there since '05 (with the exception of '07 when I had a wedding I couldn't miss that weekend). With Alpine not getting any shows and me having a conflict the weekend of the Northerly Island Chicago shows (venue sucks anyway) I was worried I wasn't going to see the band for a second straight year. My brother-in-law lives in White Plains so I convinced my wife that our family should fly out and see them in November and I would try to score some MSG tickets. I was able to get floor seats both nights through the Citi Presale! Section A on N1 and Section C N2. I paid too much money for these, but I've never been to MSG before and have always wanted to go. A DMB show at MSG is essentially a bucket list event for me, so I figured I might as well go all out. My brother-in-law is coming with me N2 and it will be his first DMB show.

Anybody that has been there before have advice for a first timer? I assume those seats are pretty good?
    You have great seats. Shows a epic there as i am sure everyone can relate who has been there. My first was in 98, was there for James Brown in 02 with confetti flying down. Saw a lot of shows there. As of now it is the last show of the tour, will see how it goes. Always some great guests, rarities. Biggest thing is the crowd. Some sucked and some were amazing. I do not think you will be disapointed.
    jjc41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:11 AM   #333
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Great seats. Check in on the boards every now and again to see if there's a pre-show gathering.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:12 AM   #334
    Dangie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjc41 View Post
    You have great seats. Shows a epic there as i am sure everyone can relate who has been there. My first was in 98, was there for James Brown in 02 with confetti flying down. Saw a lot of shows there. As of now it is the last show of the tour, will see how it goes. Always some great guests, rarities. Biggest thing is the crowd. Some sucked and some were amazing. I do not think you will be disapointed.
    Do you know how the seats are set up? I'm Row 7 seat 14 in Section A on N1 and the pin looks like I'll be close to the inside isle towards the center of the stage. N2 I'm in row 6 seats 5 & 6 in Section C and again the pin looks like I'm closer to the center aisle. The pins somewhat contradict each other so clarification would be nice. Either way, I'm sure the crowd will be nuts. I've been chasing a Warren Haynes guest appearance since the start of my fandom. I would love to see him (or Trey), but I won't be disappointed either way.
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:14 AM   #335
    Dangie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Great seats. Check in on the boards every now and again to see if there's a pre-show gathering.
    I'll definitely by following the boards for pre show get togethers. I usually have a pretty solid group when we go to Alpine, Deer Creek, Chicago, etc. but this will be my first solo mission. It would be great to hang out and party with some new faces to enhance the experience!
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:40 AM   #336
    jjc41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do you know how the seats are set up? I'm Row 7 seat 14 in Section A on N1 and the pin looks like I'll be close to the inside isle towards the center of the stage. N2 I'm in row 6 seats 5 & 6 in Section C and again the pin looks like I'm closer to the center aisle. The pins somewhat contradict each other so clarification would be nice. Either way, I'm sure the crowd will be nuts. I've been chasing a Warren Haynes guest appearance since the start of my fandom. I would love to see him (or Trey), but I won't be disappointed either way.
    Seats are straight across, usually on top of each other but with the pandemic maybe they dropped a seat or 2 per row. Not sure. You have premium seats. Personally i like to be a little back, not GA floor so i have good sight lines and there is a seat for my wife. Especially in those first few sections you cannot go wrong unless the crowd around you are bad.
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:44 AM   #337
    ShaynaIU

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll definitely by following the boards for pre show get togethers. I usually have a pretty solid group when we go to Alpine, Deer Creek, Chicago, etc. but this will be my first solo mission. It would be great to hang out and party with some new faces to enhance the experience!
    Someone started a DMB MSG group on Facebook if you want to join! I'm sure there will be talks of pre-show meet-ups starting up:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1237221203393058/

In 2018, a bunch of Ants met up at a bar nearby, but it closed during COVID :-/

Amazing what a minute can do...
    ShaynaIU is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:54 AM   #338
    wahoowaaa

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

A bunch of lowers just got posted side/behind the stage
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #339
    pogoslis

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wahoowaaa View Post
    A bunch of lowers just got posted side/behind the stage
    the pairs sold out in like 5 seconds

edit: more aisle pairs coming up live!

not in love with these seats but they are lowers

Last edited by pogoslis; 07-30-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    pogoslis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #340
    jjc41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShaynaIU View Post
    Someone started a DMB MSG group on Facebook if you want to join! I'm sure there will be talks of pre-show meet-ups starting up:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1237221203393058/

In 2018, a bunch of Ants met up at a bar nearby, but it closed during COVID :-/
    I will look for that as well!!!
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:11 AM   #341
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I sat rear stage back in 2010 (or 2009? can't remember) and thought it was awesome. I wonder if they'll open up the full rear stage seats. If I recall correctly, I was in Section 414 or one of those sections that really behind the stage. Don't think they sold those seats in 2018.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:14 AM   #342
    pogoslis

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

as did we. those were the fall tour 2010 shows

pogoslis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:27 AM   #343
    yankeesdrummer

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I sat rear stage back in 2010 (or 2009? can't remember) and thought it was awesome. I wonder if they'll open up the full rear stage seats. If I recall correctly, I was in Section 414 or one of those sections that really behind the stage. Don't think they sold those seats in 2018.

The seats behind the stage are really cool. It gives you a really sick view of what the band kinda sees. I had apprehension about doing it in 2010 but this was my perspective for N1. And the sound is still great too.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 12.25.29 PM.jpg (79.3 KB, 68 views)
    yankeesdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:27 AM   #344
    greyant2

Shows Seen: 169

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

I want to wait until Warehouse seat locations are posted, but does anyone have a pair of Friday lowers to trade for Saturday lowers?

Shows I've Seen
    Facebook
    greyant2 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:47 AM   #345
    ShaynaIU

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yankeesdrummer View Post
    The seats behind the stage are really cool. It gives you a really sick view of what the band kinda sees. I had apprehension about doing it in 2010 but this was my perspective for N1. And the sound is still great too.
    Wow, that's a really awesome view!!! Thanks for sharing that photo! Good to know for the future

Old 07-30-2021, 09:54 AM   #346
    crushme1990

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Well, was finally able to grab a pair of uppers (section 222, row 12) for N2. Not proud of what I did, but feel better that I at least have tickets! Hopefully the seats aren't too awful - views online for various concerts range from decent to not so great depending on stage setup.
    crushme1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:55 AM   #347
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShaynaIU View Post
    Wow, that's a really awesome view!!! Thanks for sharing that photo! Good to know for the future
    Hey stranger!

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #348
    ShaynaIU

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    Hey stranger!
    Hey, hey, hey! Fancy seeing you here! Giving me flashbacks to the months leading up to SPAC 2010 hahah

Old 07-30-2021, 11:50 AM   #349
    dmbboz

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all,

For the MSG show on Friday 11/12 I have a pair (2) of WH floor reserved for face plus fees ($289 + $10 for shipping as i won’t charge the extra 7.50 they do), and also have a pair of (2) of WH uppers for face and fees as well ($209 + $10 for shipping and won’t charge the extra 7.50). I will mail them USPS priority mail when I receive them ~2 weeks prior to the show if not earlier for free. If you need them faster than USPS priority, I can expedite shipping for whatever it costs through USPS or another courier for guaranteed 1 day delivery etc. Longtime member here and have sold plenty of tickets before here. Feel free to DM me if interested. Don’t know seat locations right now since WH won’t give me them so that is full disclosure. Payment thru PayPal only. Thanks!
    dmbboz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 02:10 PM   #350
    Willyboy620

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Thank u for sharing and good for u. Have N1 tixkets now and so upset with the process of N2’s tickets from Wearhouse to citi presale to ticketmaster today. I will be at the show one was or another, just might have to buy them on the low from the wife. Enjoy it, MSG is completly redone since when i saw them last around 2000’somthing. Anyway enjoy
    Willyboy620 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2021, 05:55 PM   #351
    CDN-DMBfan

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Never been to NYC before. Suggestions on where to stay? General area. Looked at a couple hotels already but they were in midtown and some of the reviews said the area wasn’t that great.
    CDN-DMBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2021, 07:09 PM   #352
    crushme1990

My Tour Central Stats

I am deciding between two sets of tickets (which to keep) for N2. One pair is in 114 (side/behind stage, but row 6 which looks to be the front row in that section) and 222 (row 12). Any insight from anyone who has been to MSG before? I feel like 114 might be a cool vantage point but am worried about obstruction (speakers, lights, etc).. Any insight would be appreciated! I have never been to MSG and am beyond pumped!
    Old 07-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #353
    fuvonks
    Kaylor!

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I'd sit sec 114. From my experience there is nothing really blocking your view.

Been to MSG for a bunch of different shows and I'd rather be lower and closer to the stage.
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #354
    yankeesdrummer

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crushme1990 View Post
    I am deciding between two sets of tickets (which to keep) for N2. One pair is in 114 (side/behind stage, but row 6 which looks to be the front row in that section) and 222 (row 12). Any insight from anyone who has been to MSG before? I feel like 114 might be a cool vantage point but am worried about obstruction (speakers, lights, etc).. Any insight would be appreciated! I have never been to MSG and am beyond pumped!

This is the view from 110, the opposite section of 114. I sat there in 2018 and it's a fun view. While you are looking at their backs for most of the show, obviously they all move around a bit where it doesn't feel like it. The sound is still very good and it's cool to have the crowd as a backdrop. Personally, I'd take 114 over 222. Being close to the band is always exciting just cause you can watch how they interact with each other. It's all a matter of preference though.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg IMG_2454.jpg (72.0 KB, 49 views)
    yankeesdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2021, 09:07 AM   #355
    RiotAct

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

was in the city yesterday… Tonchin Ramen on West 36th was incredible, I’d highly recommend it. And Taphaus 33 a couple blocks away is a pretty good pour-your-own beer place (you pre-load a card and they charge by the ounce… they have around 50 different selections).

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #356
    crushme1990

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuvonks View Post
    I'd sit sec 114. From my experience there is nothing really blocking your view.

Been to MSG for a bunch of different shows and I'd rather be lower and closer to the stage.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yankeesdrummer View Post
    This is the view from 110, the opposite section of 114. I sat there in 2018 and it's a fun view. While you are looking at their backs for most of the show, obviously they all move around a bit where it doesn't feel like it. The sound is still very good and it's cool to have the crowd as a backdrop. Personally, I'd take 114 over 222. Being close to the band is always exciting just cause you can watch how they interact with each other. It's all a matter of preference though.
    Thanks guys! I personally love that vantage point, so think I will go with the pair in 114. Thanks for the pic-that really helped to get a sense of what the view might be like from the other side. Hoping to see some cool interactions between Dave and Buddy or Carter looking back toward our section. I was mainly concerned with potential obstructions but doesn't seem like that should be a major issue.

Last edited by crushme1990; 08-01-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    Old 08-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #357
    pzamps210

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Shut out on tickets. Rough. Any leads in here would be super. Thanks y’all looking for 2 tickets each night.
    pzamps210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #358
    jjc41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pzamps210 View Post
    Shut out on tickets. Rough. Any leads in here would be super. Thanks y’all looking for 2 tickets each night.
    There were pairs on TM like an hour ago. Side stage 100's & 200's. Maybe like a pair or two both nights. Keep TM open and just refresh. They come up here and there
    Old 08-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #359
    SirBobalew
    DC Sports & DMB

My Tour Central Stats

So excited for these shows. Right now my only ones this year. Going solo. Right now in a WH upper for N1, and managed to snag a single in section C row 15 in the public on sale for N2. Can’t wait!
    Old 08-01-2021, 07:05 PM   #360
    jlbaseball03

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I might have an extra pair in sec 110 row 22, seats 1-2 (first two on the aisle). These look to be directly even with Dave if not in front of him vs behind him, lower bowl so you're very close to the band. Let me know if interested and I'll confirm if they are disposable (for face of course).

Last edited by jlbaseball03; 08-01-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    jlbaseball03 is offline   Reply With Quote