Dave Matthews Band "Drive-In" - Every Wednesday At 8! - Page 115 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #3421
prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band "Drive-In" - Every Wednesday At 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiza View Post
yea 2019 Spac weekend i left very underwhelmed. Lots of repeats from the year before and i felt N2 was mailed in.

Half of the weekend were repeats! I skipped it, and other than missing out on seeing some friends I have no regrets.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #3422
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Having been at SPAC both 2018 and 2019, I can't argue with the number of repeats, but the shows sounded so much better in 2019.

Dave's voice was quite rough in 2018. The SPAC Sledgehammer sounds particularly bad. In 2019, Buddy was more seamlessly integrated into the band, Dave's voice very strong, and everything sounded great. I was overjoyed to get JTR again, especially KTP>GIG leading into it. Jeff was awesome on LLD. Squirm opener N1, Joyride liberation right INTO Y&M...we dig Y&M so we laughed when people some folks groaned.

I have NO regrets about going to and enjoying SPAC in 2019, only regrets in not being able to go this year...or likely next.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #3423
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Having been at SPAC both 2018 and 2019, I can't argue with the number of repeats, but the shows sounded so much better in 2019.

Dave's voice was quite rough in 2018. The SPAC Sledgehammer sounds particularly bad. In 2019, Buddy was more seamlessly integrated into the band, Dave's voice very strong, and everything sounded great. I was overjoyed to get JTR again, especially KTP>GIG leading into it. Jeff was awesome on LLD. Squirm opener N1, Joyride liberation right INTO Y&M...we dig Y&M so we laughed when people some folks groaned.

I have NO regrets about going to and enjoying SPAC in 2019, only regrets in not being able to go this year...or likely next.
    It hurts knowing that next year not being "normal" is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

I do think we'll see some concerts still, but they'll look much different, no doubt.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #3424
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    It hurts knowing that next year not being "normal" is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

I do think we'll see some concerts still, but they'll look much different, no doubt.
    Yeah, bands and promoters are already successfully working out the logistics for shows, but it's for from the notion of normal.

Had all of the right people AND the citizens of this country take COVID-19 seriously, we'd be a far better place right now making next year's normal closer to normal "normal" than we're likely to see for a while. Wearing a mask is too easy and clearly too effective for twits to be complaining about.

Stay safe and healthy all.
    Old 09-18-2020, 08:42 PM   #3425
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, bands and promoters are already successfully working out the logistics for shows, but it's for from the notion of normal.

Had all of the right people AND the citizens of this country take COVID-19 seriously, we'd be a far better place right now making next year's normal closer to normal "normal" than we're likely to see for a while. Wearing a mask is too easy and clearly too effective for twits to be complaining about.

Sorry, If masks aren't effective against the smoke in the air, it's not doing anything for covid.
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #3426
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    Sorry, If masks aren't effective against the smoke in the air, it's not doing anything for covid.

Sorry, wrong. Respiratory droplets are much larger than the harmful materials in smoke from these fires.

Use a tiny bit of common sense and just do a little bit of research for yourself before believing conspiracy theories like that.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 06:33 AM   #3427
    stoga09

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Correct! You grill em danmo!
    stoga09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 06:48 AM   #3428
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Wow. I'm genuinely surprised that there wasn't more complaining in here about another free show next week. I know 2019 wasn't anyone's favorite, and yeah it'd be nice to get another show that wasn't already on SirusXM last year, but maybe taking a few weeks off from the Drive-In series was a good thing! Makes people appreciate it more.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    The drive in shows are always better if someone I don't know tells me they were there. I get excited and think "this will be great, someone was actually at this show"
    I seriously don't know how I made it all the way through that shit. (weed)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    WHOA! Super cool.
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #3429
    spiza

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sledgehammer and Jimi thing have no place at Spac, the fact he played Sledgehammer over best of whats around was a slap in the face. Terrible Spac weekend. Night 2 was mailed in they were on a boat all day on lake George not caring about the nights show. I remember seeing stefans social media post and instantly saying to my friend yup tonight is gonna blow not getting any surprises. I still love Spac and will never miss a show there but it just seems they are going through the motions at this point.
    spiza is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #3430
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

To paraphrase, a DMB staple and Dave's favorite song to play has no place at SPAC, also being out on a boat means there's no chance a show will be good
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #3431
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

6/1/13 request https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c8R...ew?usp=sharing
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #3432
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    To paraphrase, a DMB staple and Dave's favorite song to play has no place at SPAC, also being out on a boat means there's no chance a show will be good
    HA!

Noice.
    Old 09-20-2020, 01:38 AM   #3433
    imnothingman

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    Thank you so much
    Old 09-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #3434
    maxatlof

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFc4RhWn...d=iuptj6wkvq8f
    maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #3435
    spiza

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pretty much check out 2013, 2015, and 2016 Spac NO JIMI THING. Best Weekends EverRRRRRRRRRR
    Old 09-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #3436
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pretty much check out 2013, 2015, and 2016 Spac NO JIMI THING. Best Weekends EverRRRRRRRRRR
    SPAC N2 '08 and '09 are both better than those shows, also happen to have Jimi Thing
    Old 09-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #3437
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

It was fun watching that show again. Tim played some awesome solos that went in different directions from what he often plays in those places (e.g.: Cop). Still wish they did N2 instead. Dave's voice sounded great that weekend...SO MUCH BETTER THAN 2018. That said, I think Bristow 2019 was a better show.

It's very frustrating that 2021 still doesn't seem feasible from a concert going perspective. Sure, lots of people want to go and will, but there's currently no reason the believe we'll be any better off in 2021 unless there are some massive changes in how we deal w/ COVID-19.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #3438
    Tomacco

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Wondering if anyone here can help me.
    Does anyone have high-ish quality MP4 videos of the following Drive-Ins (ranked by personal priority)?

11/30/18 MSG
    9/14/07 WPB
    7/12/19 SPAC
    6/26/11 Atlantic City

I've tried using VLC and several online converters, but running into issues each time. One site I found will convert them but only at low quality (like at 720px screen size max). The higher quality ones don't have sound for some reason. If anyone can help, thanks in advance!
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #3439
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It was fun watching that show again. Tim played some awesome solos that went in different directions from what he often plays in those places (e.g.: Cop). Still wish they did N2 instead. Dave's voice sounded great that weekend...SO MUCH BETTER THAN 2018. That said, I think Bristow 2019 was a better show.

It's very frustrating that 2021 still doesn't seem feasible from a concert going perspective. Sure, lots of people want to go and will, but there's currently no reason the believe we'll be any better off in 2021 unless there are some massive changes in how we deal w/ COVID-19.

This is what i don't get...if there is a vaccine readily available by May of next year (which there should be) then what would make concerts not feasible? I'm asking genuinely. After a vaccine, what is left to do? You can't live the rest of your life wearing a mask and distancing. After a vaccine is out, life needs to move on as it once did, including being able to attend a show. My two cents.
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #3440
    spiza

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    SPAC N2 '08 and '09 are both better than those shows, also happen to have Jimi Thing
    Opinions Vary - Dalton
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #3441
    paulg83
    Probably just rage

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aforauer View Post
    This is what i don't get...if there is a vaccine readily available by May of next year (which there should be) then what would make concerts not feasible? I'm asking genuinely. After a vaccine, what is left to do? You can't live the rest of your life wearing a mask and distancing. After a vaccine is out, life needs to move on as it once did, including being able to attend a show. My two cents.
    I think at this point it is quite a tall order to have had by May an effective vaccine invented (which has yet to happen, although there are promising candidates) be mass produced on a world scale, shipped around the globe, dispersed to places that will distribute, and then rolled out to enough Americans to officially call Covid a non-threat during mass gatherings. That's not counting all the debating there is going to be about who gets it first, when, and how.

I do not trust the people in charge currently whatsoever to do what needs to be done to have that roll out be fluid and fast enough for a fully unaffected Dave Matthews Band summer tour. Could it happen? I suppose it's possible, but at this moment it's safe to say odds are against that. Not saying there won't be a tour at all, just that it is going to be affected somehow, whether a later start date, halved capacity, etc.
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #3442
    Aforauer

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paulg83 View Post
    I think at this point it is quite a tall order to have had by May an effective vaccine invented (which has yet to happen, although there are promising candidates) be mass produced on a world scale, shipped around the globe, dispersed to places that will distribute, and then rolled out to enough Americans to officially call Covid a non-threat during mass gatherings. That's not counting all the debating there is going to be about who gets it first, when, and how.

I do not trust the people in charge currently whatsoever to do what needs to be done to have that roll out be fluid and fast enough for a fully unaffected Dave Matthews Band summer tour. Could it happen? I suppose it's possible, but at this moment it's safe to say odds are against that. Not saying there won't be a tour at all, just that it is going to be affected somehow, whether a later start date, halved capacity, etc.

Makes sense! Part of my optimism comes from being sick of it all. If this vaccine comes out in October or November like they say it might, I’d like to think it won’t take 6 months to produce sufficient numbers of doses if effective, but I’m not a doctor or expert! Obviously not something to be rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #3443
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

What evidence do you have that an effective vaccine will be available at a large enough scale (for virtually everyone) for a regular summer tour to occur? Honestly intrigued.
    Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #3444
    Aforauer

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    What evidence do you have that an effective vaccine will be available at a large enough scale (for virtually everyone) for a regular summer tour to occur? Honestly intrigued.

I didn’t claim to have evidence. I know the process takes time and needs to be safe

Old 09-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #3445
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn’t claim to have evidence. I know the process takes time and needs to be safe

You said there should be a vaccine readily available by May of 2021, so I’m wondering what you are basing that on.
    Old 09-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #3446
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You said there should be a vaccine readily available by May of 2021, so I’m wondering what you are basing that on.
    Muskie.org

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #3447
    Aforauer

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You'd like to think if we have a vaccine in a month or two that its a possibility to be mass produced and distributed by May. Also just trying to be optimistic that we'll see our band play next year as planned which I don't think there is anything wrong with.

Last edited by Aforauer; 09-23-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    Old 09-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #3448
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

The first half of next year is certainly plausible per Fauci and Mayo Clinic experts, amongst others. Nothing wrong with a glass half-full approach. I think there will be a tour in 2021, but it won't be a completely normal tour.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #3449
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Opinions Vary - Dalton

Was Central Park a decent DMB show? Was Listener Supported?

It's just absurd to say Jimi Thing has no place in a DMB show, I don't even like Jimi Thing and I really don't like the never ending covers after it, have said they should end it with WWBOM multiple times. Jimi Thing whether you love it or hate it is a DMB staple and always has been, shows aren't make or break because of it.
    Old 09-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #3450
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You'd like to think if we have a vaccine in a month or two that its a possibility to be mass produced and distributed by May. Also just trying to be optimistic that we'll see our band play next year as planned which I don't think there is anything wrong with.
    There is nothing wrong with that. I never said there was.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    The first half of next year is certainly plausible per Fauci and Mayo Clinic experts, amongst others. Nothing wrong with a glass half-full approach. I think there will be a tour in 2021, but it won't be a completely normal tour.
    Nothing wrong at all. I was genuinely curious as I haven't stayed on top of vaccine news.