*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 8752 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-21-2020, 12:01 AM   #262531
neumdogg
Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Forgetting everything Trump has done his entire presidency up until Sunday....how could a person watch that Wallace interview and say to themselves, “Yup! This is my guy! This is the person I want running this country!”

I honestly don’t get it.
neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #262532
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

The thing that scares me about Parker’s views in this thread is not that he believes them. It’s that millions of people believe them. And it could be enough people to re-elect president fuckface.
    Old 07-21-2020, 12:13 AM   #262533
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

We've got a president who brags he passed a test that if he failed it it would mean he has dementia.

Meanwhile a pandemic rages unchecked like a wildfire throughout the country.

We are a ship without a captain. Be careful out there.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 12:15 AM   #262534
    drakan
    Drums!

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Forgetting everything Trump has done his entire presidency up until Sunday....how could a person watch that Wallace interview and say to themselves, “Yup! This is my guy! This is the person I want running this country!”

I honestly don’t get it.
    Because they are every bit as incompetent and dumb as he is. They don't see Trump as something out of the ordinary because that is how they live their own lives and that is they type of people they surround themselves with. Think of the St. Louis couple.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 12:43 AM   #262535
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

My Tour Central Stats

Howard Stern was 100% correct when he said that the last people that Trump would ever golf with or invite to Mar a lago would be his own supporters. They are the bottom of the bottom and President Fuckface would never be seen with them outside out campaigning.

The fucked up thing is that he wants so badly to be friends with the Hollywood elite. He wants to go their parties and be seen as equals. Instead, he gets low lifes who brush their teeth twice a week and value their own guns over actual black lives.
    Old 07-21-2020, 03:55 AM   #262536
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    "We will," said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the second-ranking Republican leader, when asked if the Senate would fill a supreme court vacancy, even during the lame-duck session after the presidential election. "That would be part of this year. We would move on it."

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/12...400196098?s=19

Evergreen post.

You know there are millions of Republicans/Trumpers who will celebrate the death of any Liberal leaning Supreme Court justice. Especially if it happens before 1/20/21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #262537
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    You know there are millions of Republicans/Trumpers who will celebrate the death of any Liberal leaning Supreme Court justice. Especially if it happens before 1/20/21.

Well if the Democrats gain control of the Senate, it would have to be before January 3. So I guess that’s promising.
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:17 AM   #262538
    ricky towel

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

The mom brigade now joined by a dad brigade in Portland. *

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/sta...321326592?s=21

It’s clear that Trumps feds presence has brought out more people to the streets.*
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:19 AM   #262539
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    The mom brigade now joined by a dad brigade in Portland. *

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/sta...321326592?s=21

It’s clear that Trumps feds presence has brought out more people to the streets.*

Cannot wait to see this spread across the country. Bring it on, Donald. The silent majority will not stand up for it.

Game. The fuck. On.
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:24 AM   #262540
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Meanwhile, Joe wants religion taught in schools... particularly the 'Islamic faith'.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/20/89306...den-did-monday
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:29 AM   #262541
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Howard Stern was 100% correct when he said that the last people that Trump would ever golf with or invite to Mar a lago would be his own supporters. They are the bottom of the bottom and President Fuckface would never be seen with them outside out campaigning.

The fucked up thing is that he wants so badly to be friends with the Hollywood elite. He wants to go their parties and be seen as equals. Instead, he gets low lifes who brush their teeth twice a week and value their own guns over actual black lives.
    First paragraph: I disagree. His base is 40-60 year old white males who do at least half way decent money wise. I think he would golf with car dealership owners, insurance salesmen, realtors etc. Really poor white people don't really vote for him. Boaters for Trump? He'd absolutely hang out with those people. Rich but not cultured is 100% who he is and who his supporters are.

Second paragraph: I agree, he wants to be liked by these people and probably in his eyes he would want to hang out with them in a fantasy world. However, if the opportunity ever arose he wouldn't find it enjoyable. He'd have to be a completely different person. He wants the new york times to accept him for who he is and have the times change to be more like him. He, obviously, does not realize that but that's the reality. In truth he gets more joy golfing with his supporters.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:30 AM   #262542
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    Meanwhile, Joe wants religion taught in schools... particularly the 'Islamic faith'.

What’s the problem?
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:32 AM   #262543
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

He wants kids to learn about the Muslim faith so they have a better understanding of it outside of GOP politicians telling you they’re all terrorists.
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:53 AM   #262544
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What’s the problem?
    Pretty sure teaching religion in schools has been a problem for a loooong time.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:56 AM   #262545
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don’t see why the basic history and beliefs of world religions can’t be included in history/social studies classes.
    Old 07-21-2020, 04:59 AM   #262546
    Noles20
    Go Birds!

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    As a teacher, I don't see a problem with teaching about different religions and it happens in schools to a degree right now. I don't think Biden is advocating teaching to believe or have faith, just what the facts are about the religion. I went to Catholic school 1-8 and around 5th -7th grade, we learned about every major religion.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:05 AM   #262547
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yeah I think you have a pretty big misinterpretation or what’s going on here.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:07 AM   #262548
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noles20 View Post
    As a teacher, I don't see a problem with teaching about different religions and it happens in schools to a degree right now. I don't think Biden is advocating teaching to believe or have faith, just what the facts are about the religion. I went to Catholic school 1-8 and around 5th -7th grade, we learned about every major religion.
    To what degree? As someone who went to public school the only time I remember religion being mentioned was when were learning about evolution. We were briefed on some religions believing in creationism. That was about it. And I think that was only b/c some kid's mom complained.

I'm not surprised at all that you were learned about religion in a catholic school.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:08 AM   #262549
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noles20 View Post
    I wish I knew more about each of the religions.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:11 AM   #262550
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

I went to a public school in rural Virginia and we had a whole segment on each of the major world religions as part of world history class. Learned what the major beliefs were, how they were formed, where they’re practiced, etc. I did my presentation on Hinduism, fascinating religion.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:14 AM   #262551
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

https://i.redd.it/6jvhossp42c51.jpg
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #262552
    Noles20
    Go Birds!

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To what degree? As someone who went to public school the only time I remember religion being mentioned was when were learning about evolution. We were briefed on some religions believing in creationism. That was about it. And I think that was only b/c some kid's mom complained.

I'm not surprised at all that you were learned about religion in a catholic school.
    As periods of history are taught, and wars are covered, they cover the religions involved and what the differences were that caused the conflicts. When my kids were in middle school, they learned about different religions when they were studying different eras in history/geography.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:18 AM   #262553
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Moms sing lullaby “hands up please don’t shoot me”

https://twitter.com/mrolmos/status/1...746764800?s=21

I think the mom brigade is my favorite part about Portland right now.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:19 AM   #262554
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    oh boy. totally slipped they minds
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:20 AM   #262555
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

I saw a comment somewhere that said what they should do next is bring the cops moms out there.

​​​​​​​“Bradley, I see you over there covering your badge number, I’m not mad, I’m disappointed.”
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:22 AM   #262556
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I feel like my high school had a world religions class.

Not 100% sure though. I didn't take it.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:27 AM   #262557
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Biden today will unveil a $775 billion plan for universal preschool, child care and elder care

https://twitter.com/agearan/status/1...052469766?s=21
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:30 AM   #262558
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Pelosi, Schiff, Warner, and Schumer send letter to FBI requesting a defense counterintelligence brief for all members of Congress: https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/72020-2

Quote:
    We are gravely concerned, in particular, that Congress appears to be the target of a concerted foreign interference campaign, which seeks to launder and amplify disinformation in order to influence congressional activity, public debate, and the presidential election in November.
    One of the Dems' concerns is that Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis) has become a vehicle for "laundering" a foreign influence campaign of disinformation in an attempt to damage the Presidential campaign of Joe Biden: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ampaign-373134

Quote:
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer demanded the all-Congress briefing Monday, citing “specific” intelligence that a foreign influence operation targeted lawmakers to “launder and amplify disinformation in order to influence congressional activity.”

Though the letter did not mention the Johnson investigation, it included a classified addendum that the two sources say identified the probe as one of the sources of their concern.
    Quote:
    The last time senators were briefed on election security and foreign influence operations, Democratic lawmakers confronted Johnson behind closed doors about his investigation, arguing that it threatens the integrity of the 2020 election and relies on Russian disinformation to tar a political opponent.

They cited in particular Johnson’s initial effort to subpoena Andrii Telizhenko, who has pushed unsubstantiated claims about coordination between the Ukrainian government and the Democratic National Committee in 2016. Johnson dropped plans to subpoena Telizhenko after the FBI’s foreign influence task force briefed senators about him, focusing on concerns over his credibility.

Some Senate Republicans, too, have previously signaled unease with Johnson’s investigation. In December, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who was chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee at the time, privately told Johnson that his inquiry could aid Russia, according to two congressional sources familiar with the meeting. And Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned in February that any derogatory information coming out of Ukraine about any American should be vetted by intelligence agencies because “Russia is playing us all like a fiddle.
    Note that Ron Johnson was one of a handful of Republican senators that took a 4th of July trip to Russia in 2018 to meet with Vladimir Putin. Upon return, Johnson took a more vocal position, saying that Russian interference was "overblown".

Something to watch as we get closer to November. The hardliners in the GOP have gone all-in on corruption and are doubling down on the strategy that got the President impeached. They are more open than ever to accepting election interference when it helps them, and have bent the knee to Putin.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!

Last edited by BTBaboon; 07-21-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:31 AM   #262559
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Biden today will unveil a $775 billion plan for universal preschool, child care and elder care

https://twitter.com/agearan/status/1...052469766?s=21
    Meanwhile, the President will unveil a $775B plan for universal statue care.

Seriously, though. What is Trump's policy platform for 2021-2024?

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:37 AM   #262560
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    Well if the Democrats gain control of the Senate, it would have to be before January 3. So I guess that’s promising.
    I am hopeful but not depending on this outcome. But it does fill me with joy to think the Dems could have a government trifecta for two years.
    Quote:

At first I was prepared to be pissed about this. But to be fair he said he wants to have students taught about all religions including Islam. He did not say he wanted it to be the focus of education and elevated above science. I am ok with people learning about religion. It is still part of our everyday world and to ignore it as subject matter would be wrong.