2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 111 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 05-14-2021, 11:31 PM   #3301
joeyray34

Shows Seen: 72

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
3 weeks ago people were still second-guessing IF the announced tour would actually happen. Now states are dropping all restrictions and masks mandates. By the time the tour starts life will be normal again.

I've been pro-mask, pro-mandates, etc. ... but it is time for normal life everywhere. If you want to get the vaccine it is available and those who get it (I have) can feel even better in groups. People are still going to get it (it is not going away), and a few will die, but people die from the flu too.

It's been a long 14 months, but we are at the light at the end of the tunnel, and it feels fantastic.
Well said. Here in austin you can stroll in basically anywhere and get a shot. At this point if you havenít on you. Letís do this and hope they are at acl
joeyray34 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-17-2021, 08:48 AM   #3302
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 48

Quote:
    3 weeks ago people were still second-guessing IF the announced tour would actually happen. Now states are dropping all restrictions and masks mandates. By the time the tour starts life will be normal again.

I've been pro-mask, pro-mandates, etc. ... but it is time for normal life everywhere. If you want to get the vaccine it is available and those who get it (I have) can feel even better in groups. People are still going to get it (it is not going away), and a few will die, but people die from the flu too.

It's been a long 14 months, but we are at the light at the end of the tunnel, and it feels fantastic.
    I think it's likely a little premature, but if it is, it's by a few weeks - I'd have preferred to wait a bit until the majority are past the two weeks for their second vaccine - but I do largely agree with your post. Hopefully those still working their way through that process are responsible, and even those that are vaccinated and good try to be respectful of that for a few more weeks. But it's definitely time to re-enter normality over the course of the next few weeks.
    Old 05-17-2021, 11:37 AM   #3303
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 43

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bustedstuff88 View Post
    Remember these words when money wins and the infection rate goes to the moon and shit gets pushed back beyond 2022, 2023 to make up for people not just being patient a bit longer.

Very, very foolish.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bustedstuff88 View Post
    Because at this point the baseless unfettered optimism that seems to cast to the wind the reality of the situation we are in is in the end only going to prolong this shit storm.

No, I do not enjoy this. But right now, everything is kind of screwed. Believe what you will, if it helps you sleep better at night, but we arent seeing DMB in 2021.
    You mean like this clown?
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #3304
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 63
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

Quote:

So I am guessing you don't have children? Because that's 50 millions people who still can't get vaccinated in this country.
    Ants who have had COVID-19: neumdogg, Clayj41, smokew11, ToySoldier#34, justinandimcool, DaveHead36, DIDriveout2spac, BotheLaneFan, dmbmuskie, BruceW, dontdrink36, gonz085, UCFish, BTCS_JTR, Bearclaw_, mposey34, Whiteyxc514, donvito72

Anyone else?!
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #3305
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 45

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    So I am guessing you don't have children? Because that's 50 millions people who still can't get vaccinated in this country.
    Those 50 million people are also at virtually no risk from a statistical standpoint. I'm not sure what your point is but not having kids of all ages eligible for vaccination is not even remotely close to a legitimate reason not to drop mandates and open up to totally normal life. If a parent is still hesitant about bringing an unvaxxed kid somewhere that is there choice as a parent but that shouldn't mean we keep certain aspects of life on pause.
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #3306
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 63
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Those 50 million people are also at virtually no risk from a statistical standpoint. I'm not sure what your point is but not having kids of all ages eligible for vaccination is not even remotely close to a legitimate reason not to drop mandates and open up to totally normal life. If a parent is still hesitant about bringing an unvaxxed kid somewhere that is there choice as a parent but that shouldn't mean we keep certain aspects of life on pause.
    When he says "life will be be normal again" by the time the tour starts, I just find that to be true. Kids in certain states will still have to wear masks. That is not normal.
    Ants who have had COVID-19: neumdogg, Clayj41, smokew11, ToySoldier#34, justinandimcool, DaveHead36, DIDriveout2spac, BotheLaneFan, dmbmuskie, BruceW, dontdrink36, gonz085, UCFish, BTCS_JTR, Bearclaw_, mposey34, Whiteyxc514, donvito72

Anyone else?!
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #3307
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    When he says "life will be be normal again" by the time the tour starts, I just find that to be true. Kids in certain states will still have to wear masks. That is not normal.
    There are states that require young children to wear masks? Yikes! That hasn't been a thing here the entire time. I think it was kids 8 or 10 were exempt even in places that required it for everyone else. My kids have worn a mask when entering certain stores but that is because my fiance wanted them to out of respect for the rule even though they weren't technically required by the rule.
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #3308
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    You mean like this clown?
    ((in best Dave Matthews circa 2000 voice))

BUSTED STUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:24 PM   #3309
    Bmwm3oz

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Agreed. I’ve followed all the mask rules since the beginning, but I stopped yesterday.

Yesterday, I went maskless in downtown Seattle (for any outsiders, this is the equivalent of walking around Texas with an anti NRA T-Shirt).

Nobody said a word (granted it’s allowed now per the governor). We went out to an oyster bar and I walked right in without a mask. Was pretty surprised to be honest. If people called me out, I would’ve put a mask on just because I’m not interested in getting into it with people, but it was really nice! Walking by people as they smile, smile back, etc.. it just feels goos to see people’s faces again.

Time to move on. If you don’t agree, you have every right to take the precautions you need to take for you to feel safe. Wear a face shield, wash all your groceries, stay at home. It’s not that difficult.

Last edited by Bmwm3oz; 05-17-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #3310
    donvito72

Quote:
    Agreed. Iíve followed all the mask rules since the beginning, but I stopped yesterday.

Yesterday, I went maskless in downtown Seattle (for any outsiders, this is the equivalent of walking around Texas with an anti NRA T-Shirt).

Nobody said a word (granted itís allowed now per the governor). We went out to an oyster bar and I walked right in without a mask. Was pretty surprised to be honest. If people called me out, I wouldíve put a mask on just because Iím not interested in getting into it with people, but it was really nice! Walking by people as they smile, smile back, etc.. it just feels goos to see peopleís faces again.

Time to move on. If you donít agree, you have every right to take the precautions you need to take for you to feel safe. Wear a face shield, wash all your groceries, stay at home. Itís not that difficult.
    Out of curiosity - was everyone else still in a mask? Were you the outsider, or was it a decent mix?

I know here in Pittsburgh, some stores are dropping requirements, some aren't - to me as a consumer, I don't have the patience to plan ahead and figure out who will / won't let you come in maskless, so I still just wear the damn thing wherever until it's a more blanket / uniform policy. Otherwise, I'll get to some storefront and realize I have to hike it all the way back to the car for a mask and I'm just not willing to deal with that yet.
    Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #3311
    Bmwm3oz

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    Out of curiosity - was everyone else still in a mask? Were you the outsider, or was it a decent mix?

I know here in Pittsburgh, some stores are dropping requirements, some aren't - to me as a consumer, I don't have the patience to plan ahead and figure out who will / won't let you come in maskless, so I still just wear the damn thing wherever until it's a more blanket / uniform policy. Otherwise, I'll get to some storefront and realize I have to hike it all the way back to the car for a mask and I'm just not willing to deal with that yet.
    Outside on the streets of Seattle, itís about 50/50 for masks. When going into restaurants, I was definitely the outsider. It was mostly an experiment to see if people would call me out or if the restaurant would enforce it.

Going forward, Iíll probably wear it while walking into restaurants because I donít want confrontation etc.

In grocery stores, Iíll wear it because itís required still (store policy). Outside, Iíll never wear it.
    Old 05-17-2021, 01:06 PM   #3312
    donvito72

Quote:
    Outside on the streets of Seattle, itís about 50/50 for masks. When going into restaurants, I was definitely the outsider. It was mostly an experiment to see if people would call me out or if the restaurant would enforce it.

Going forward, Iíll probably wear it while walking into restaurants because I donít want confrontation etc.

In grocery stores, Iíll wear it because itís required still (store policy). Outside, Iíll never wear it.
    I honestly never wore it outside here - not even in the beginning. Just kept my distance from everyone else. Cross the street - wait for someone to pass - that kind of thing.
    Old 05-17-2021, 01:06 PM   #3313
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony

Shows Seen: 64
    Send a message via MSN to Route_2

Quote:

We went out to dinner on Friday night in North Seattle and the restaurant had a sign out front that said 'no masks required if you are vaccinated'. Felt weird walking in with no mask for the first time in a long time. Our server wasn't wearing a mask either.
    Old 05-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #3314
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32
    Send a message via AIM to twostepr41

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    We went out to dinner on Friday night in North Seattle and the restaurant had a sign out front that said 'no masks required if you are vaccinated'. Felt weird walking in with no mask for the first time in a long time. Our server wasn't wearing a mask either.
    How did you prove you were vaccinated? And did your server show you a card or anything? I am just uncomfortable taking masks off right now. This thing could spike back up in a heartbeat.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #3315
    Bmwm3oz

Quote:
    Interesting. I havenít seen maskless restaurant staff yet.
    Old 05-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #3316
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    How did you prove you were vaccinated? And did your server show you a card or anything? I am just uncomfortable taking masks off right now. This thing could spike back up in a heartbeat.
    Honor system. Our server was super nice (I think he may have been managing the other staff as well) and I feel like he would have masked up for us if we had conveyed that we were uncomfortable. There were other staff there wearing masks still so I assume they either weren't fully vaxxed yet or were not comfortable being maskless yet.

I saw other people come in still wearing masks so assumed the same for them.

Seattle in general is very compliant with masking so while there may be some freeriders most will generally err on the cautious side, at least in this transitional phase back to normalcy.

Last edited by Route_2; 05-17-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    Route_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 02:42 PM   #3317
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 33

Quote:
    Honor system. Our server was super nice (I think he may have been managing the other staff as well) and I feel like he would have masked up for us if we had conveyed that we were uncomfortable. There were other staff there wearing masks still so I assume they either weren't fully vaxxed yet or were not comfortable being maskless yet.

I saw other people come in still wearing masks so assumed the same for them.

Seattle in general is very compliant with masking so while there may be some freeriders most will generally err on the cautious side, at least in this transitional phase back to normalcy.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    You do you is my advice. No one should receive any backlash for wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. Nor can they demand to see a vaccination card. Casinos aren't doing it and mlb ballparks aren't doing it. Airports may but we'll see.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #3318
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

My opinion is that the CDC felt that by relaxing the mask rules, for those who are fully vaccinated, it would get anti-vaccine people to go get vaccinated, so they can take advantage of the no-mask allowance.

Personally, I don't think it will make a bit of difference. It may even backfire, as people who haven't been vaccinated, or who only got a single shot of Pfizer/Moderna, to not bother following through with their vaccinations.

The honor system? LOL! I think that America as a country, as mostly demonstrated by the people who really didn't care about following the rules when they were needed, so no chance they're going to be honorable in their actions now. The anti-vaccine & anti-mask people are in heaven right now. Zero chance they'll be wearing a mask based on the "honor" system. Oh well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I've always worn a mask for my own safety. Sure, I'm glad it benefits others as well, but after seeing how people behaved during the height of the pandemic last year, I didn't really care so much about others' safety as I did my own. Perhaps if 90% of the country had been onboard, rather than 50-60%, I would have had more compassion.

I'll probably continue wearing a mask in public places for the next couple of months, so I can see how both the % of population vaccinated approaches herd immunity, and whether there are any spikes due to the relaxation in the rules that seem to be occurring at breakneck speed lately. Since I've been vaccinated, and the virus is not spreading out of control, I do feel safe, and less paranoid about the whole mask thing. But I'm not about to let my guard down until I see how things progress.

I'd like to be able to see a show in September mask free, so hopefully everything will go smoothly these next 3 months, and we're convincingly 90% back to normal by then. If we're still sitting at 60% fully vaccinated, and stable, I'm not likely to feel as safe, vaccination or not.

Last edited by SoCalDMBLover; 05-17-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #3319
    donvito72

These mopey posts, jesus christ
    Old 05-18-2021, 09:50 AM   #3320
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    These mopey posts, jesus christ
    Just put him on ignore.
    Old 05-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #3321
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 15

Itís like dude be happy for once. Itís close to over.
    Old 05-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #3322
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 71

Just got back from a trip to St. Pete, FL. Its over down there. Stayed at a very nice resort, mask were optional, pool chairs 2 inches from each other, it was pretty much 2019 again. It was fantastic. It was packed however, with people from Michigan/Northeast it seemed.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #3323
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    Just got back from a trip to St. Pete, FL. Its over down there. Stayed at a very nice resort, mask were optional, pool chairs 2 inches from each other, it was pretty much 2019 again. It was fantastic. It was packed however, with people from Michigan/Northeast it seemed.
    Nice, man. I'm in Punta Gorda for a few more days before heading back up north. It's like a different world down here (in a good way).

12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #3324
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32
    Send a message via AIM to twostepr41

My comment was sarcasm. It is pretty normal in Alabama and has been for a long time. There are still a few hippie joints that I have been to that are fairly serious about a mask inside but the number of those even is dwindling quickly. I think the virtue-signaling capital of the mask-wearing has just about worn off with everybody.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #3325
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    The honor system? LOL! I think that America as a country, as mostly demonstrated by the people who really didn't care about following the rules when they were needed, so no chance they're going to be honorable in their actions now.
    Some will, some won't. Mostly depends on what type of person they were before all this began. Those that don't see the bigger picture and care about living in a society aren't all of sudden going to see the light, sure. But, there are genuinely people who just haven't got around to getting vaccinated yet and need a nudge. Look at OH, their lottery definitely got some unvaccinated folks off of the couch. Seeing businesses treat vaccinated folks differently can be a nudge for good people as well. Even if it ends up being marginal, every little bit can help to dampen the spread and variancy.
    Old 05-18-2021, 12:24 PM   #3326
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 27

I mean look, the science is clear. If you’re vaccinated, you’re protected. Yes there are rare breakthrough asymptomatic or mild cases. If it makes you feel better, you can wear a mask.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #3327
    Crash1983
    2017 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 71

Lollapalooza just officially announced. Normal weekend. Full capacity. Proof of vaccine or negative test. Lineup released tomorrow morning.
    Old 05-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #3328
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crash1983 View Post
    Lollapalooza just officially announced. Normal weekend. Full capacity. Proof of vaccine or negative test. Lineup released tomorrow morning.
    Silly question, but do you know if you show the negative test result, does it have to be from the day of the show that the test was taken or within 24 hours? Thanks.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #3329
    Bmwm3oz

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    Silly question, but do you know if you show the negative test result, does it have to be from the day of the show that the test was taken or within 24 hours? Thanks.
    It’s upon entry and during the show. Each unvaccinated attendee is assigned a medical professional who continuously monitors your covid status by testing you (via nostril swab) after each song completes.

If you test positive at any point during the show, you will be escorted off the premises.
    Old 05-18-2021, 01:46 PM   #3330
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

I went to the Braves game yesterday, and it was so amazing being out in public again, mostly maskless. What a joy. Can't wait for the summer tour!