Ants Podcast - Episode 5 - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #91
tbrown4

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast - Episode 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cworty06 View Post
great podcast...LIOG, as anyone whose read through the posts would know is excellent. best ive heard since the LT7 w/ bela

ps the crowds clapping during butch's outro (which i enjoyed surpsingly) is perfectly in unison, we cant clap like that
Over here...we got soul. We clap on 2 & 4.

while it was nice to hear the unison clapping.....1 & 3 kills me.

tbrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #92
    Sutmaster6

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Another great one, thanks!
    Sutmaster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #93
    Drewda

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Really do enjoy these...I'm pretty sure i speak for most of ants when I say that we appreciate the effort that goes into making these. Keep them coming!
    Drewda is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #94
    marcusdk

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Great way of getting news and info.
    Looking forward to the next ones !
    Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #95
    chrisandiego

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks, fellas! That was great. One of the best recordings of LIOG I have ever heard, too - that was quite the treat. I will be jamming to that once again before I head to bed tonight. Cheers!
    Twitter: @chrisroth408
    chrisandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 02:46 AM   #96
    Ayrton Senna
    The fastest guy ever

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    great podcast...LIOG, as anyone whose read through the posts would know is excellent. best ive heard since the LT7 w/ bela

ps the crowds clapping during butch's outro (which i enjoyed surpsingly) is perfectly in unison, we cant clap like that

sure we can!!!! If veryone are claping wccording with song's tempo... tempo is the same for all...

If monkeys can do it... DMB fans can as well. watch it:

Ayrton Senna is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 03:23 AM   #97
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbrown4 View Post
    Forgot to ask in the ep4 thread......who did your new intro? Who is the voice.

good work!

a professional voice over guy
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #98
    Gladstone
    Little Beethoven

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I have a feeling LT10 will be the best LT since 8, 5 and 3! I've always been in love with Brazilian people, I doubt the Portugese would let me down.
    Gladstone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #99
    number4ty1
    Meh

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gladstone View Post
    I have a feeling LT10 will be the best LT since 8, 5 and 3! I've always been in love with Brazilian people, I doubt the Portugese would let me down.
    We won't...

You'll even like the Dreamgirl and the Hunger on this !!

Amazing what a minute can do
    number4ty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #100
    cworty06
    I'm Clay

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by number4ty1 View Post
    We won't...

You'll even like the Dreamgirl and the Hunger on this !!
    i see you're from portugal...can you explain what the crowd is chanting right before going into LIOG? im just curious

thanks!!!
    Get off your ass and feel some shit." --DJM
    cworty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #101
    number4ty1
    Meh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i see you're from portugal...can you explain what the crowd is chanting right before going into LIOG? im just curious

thanks!!!
    For-ty-one, For-ty-one !!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #102
    cworty06
    I'm Clay

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

haha now i hear it..thanks
    Get off your ass and feel some shit." --DJM
    cworty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #103
    number4ty1
    Meh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    haha now i hear it..thanks
    It was kind of funny, because Dave turned to us, smiled, and shook his hand and made that look on his face that says "hhuuummm, maybe", and then #41 popped after LIOG... everyone went crazy !

I was like an hysterical 15 year old girl, like "Aaaaahhh, 41 after LIOG, aaaahhhhh"

Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #104
    Ayrton Senna
    The fastest guy ever

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by number4ty1 View Post
    It was kind of funny, because Dave turned to us, smiled, and shook his hand and made that look on his face that says "hhuuummm, maybe", and then #41 popped after LIOG... everyone went crazy !

I was like an hysterical 15 year old girl, like "Aaaaahhh, 41 after LIOG, aaaahhhhh"

Is funny, that’s not how I read it… :-)

For me, Dave’s face and hand movement was a “please don’t rush, be patient and let us do what we do best”.

PS: I hate people asking the bands for a particular song in shows.
    Ayrton Senna is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #105
    tbrown4

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    a professional voice over guy
    Nice! How much did that set you guys back?

tbrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 AM   #106
    number4ty1
    Meh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ayrton Senna View Post
    Is funny, that’s not how I read it… :-)

For me, Dave’s face and hand movement was a “please don’t rush, be patient and let us do what we do best”.

PS: I hate people asking the bands for a particular song in shows.
    I was very close to the stage (front row) and it seemed the way I told you...

Anyway, that doesn't matter tha much !

I for one don't like song requests as well.

There was this prick behind me that kept shouting "Nancies" throught the show... I had to turn to him and say "will you please shut the hell up, you're getting on my nerves !!"

He eventually did !

Old 11-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #107
    Gladstone
    Little Beethoven

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

This Lie In Our Graves sure contains the best clappin' ever, mmm!
    Gladstone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #108
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'll respond more clearly soon, but PLEASE do not assume that just because someone doesn't have any posts, that they do not partake in other areas of the site. There are MANY more people that use other areas of the site, than use the forums.

My apologies, but it definitely irks me when people think message boards = website. We're SO much more than these boards. And thank God.
    Matt, I am still awaiting your response to my analysis.

Thanks.
    Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #109
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by emtphish View Post
    To ensure that more people read this post:

After listening to Podcast 5, I was not surprised to hear that the top voter getter so far only has 500 or so votes. Think about it, DMB, D&F and D&T have played 1949 shows together since 1989 and you want the ants community, of which 126,00+ have register with this site to come together to pick one show for the Warehouse to release as a LiveTrax. Because there is no structure to the voting, (everyone picks what they think are the best), there will never be a clear winner. Its like asking America to pick the next president and allowing them to pick any past or present politican. There is no way that America would come up with a clear answer.

So here is the solution to the problem. You need to do the voting by year. Put the top 10 shows each year in a poll and have ants vote on it. Then after all the years have been completed, put the top 10 vote getters, regardless of year in one last poll, in random order, and allow everyone to vote for one show only. The results should be sent to the Warehouse and the Warehouse and DMB fans will be handsomely rewarded.

Matt and Jake have good intentions, but this board couldnt even decide on what officially released album is the best out of the ones that we already have. 1/3 would say LT1, 1/3 would say Central Park and 1/3 would say RR95. Then people would say they like rare shows and go Hartford LiveTrax. And thats only about 15 albums or so. Now pick among the 1000s of shows of which atleast 80% of people on this site havent heard atleast 90% of those shows. Its never going to happen, so we need an intervention. Narrow it down folks. I wish someone other than me took a statistics class in college, geez!
    If you think about it, in the last week, 4,500 different people sign in to antsmarching.org. Thats out of the 15,000 different people that have 5 or more posts. Meaning that over 100,000+ people that register on this website have 5 or fewer post and thus can not be counted on to vote for a LiveTrax.

So from there, you can deduct that there are about 4,500 people "active" ants on this website. Now, out of the 4500 people that are active, 500 of them pick a particular show, thats about 10% of the total active ants community that voted for the show with no structure in place. Thats amazing! And thats assuming that all the 4500 active ants went and voted for the shows that they would buy.

So clearly, 500 votes show OVERWHELMING support for a show and would lead to significant revenue for the Warehouse and happiness for ants. I think that Jake and Matt are unrealistic about the number of shows that should be voted for and I hope that I shed some light on this topic for my fellow ants. In addition, everyone that is going to vote for these LiveTrax would have already done so. Nobody is holding out, there is not going to be so new influx of fans that have listened to a bunch of shows or been fans since the beginning. The results are in and hopefully someone that has taken a statistics class will properly analyze the votes, instead of having unrealistic expectations!
    Another note, take a look at the number of "people", not number of votes casted in general, that have voted. Take the number of votes that a show got and then divide it by the number of people that have voted. Also thinking that there will be a clear winner is very wrong due to the unstructured voting process in place at antsmarching.org
    One additional request, I like to see the list of the shows that I have voted for. Thanks.
    I like to update this based on Matt's response. He said people use this website for other purposes than posting. The number I used before was 4,500. Those are the active ants. The new number will be 6,000 active ants. 6,000 people have logged into ants in the last two weeks. I believe this number, although 1,500 higher, still supports all my arguments in the post above. Thats closer to 5% of all ants that still voted for the top show. I believe the real reason that they wont release the totals is because the #1 show is a 2007 show. I wouldnt be surprised since it just happen. Its too bad. If Jake and Matt could follow my suggestion, we might actually have a good chance of getting the next LiveTrax to be a great show. Until then, we can only hope that they do the right thing.
    Old 11-04-2007, 04:22 AM   #110
    Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I like to update this based on Matt's response. He said people use this website for other purposes than posting. The number I used before was 4,500. Those are the active ants. The new number will be 6,000 active ants. 6,000 people have logged into ants in the last two weeks. I believe this number, although 1,500 higher, still supports all my arguments in the post above. Thats closer to 5% of all ants that still voted for the top show. I believe the real reason that they wont release the totals is because the #1 show is a 2007 show. I wouldnt be surprised since it just happen. Its too bad. If Jake and Matt could follow my suggestion, we might actually have a good chance of getting the next LiveTrax to be a great show. Until then, we can only hope that they do the right thing.
    4,500, 6,000, my word, you sound like you honestly believe that these numbers are accurate, to which I say: how the hell would you know? Really? PLEASE stop trying to assume you know how much traffic this site gets, because honestly, you obviously have no idea! I'm not going to respond to your claims which you base off of your "facts" about the traffic this website gets.

If I come off as angry, it's because I am. Read your post back and understand how it comes across.
    Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #111
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    4,500, 6,000, my word, you sound like you honestly believe that these numbers are accurate, to which I say: how the hell would you know? Really? PLEASE stop trying to assume you know how much traffic this site gets, because honestly, you obviously have no idea! I'm not going to respond to your claims which you base off of your "facts" about the traffic this website gets.

If I come off as angry, it's because I am. Read your post back and understand how it comes across.
    Matt, dont be mad. Look, its a fact that 6,000 people have logged onto ants in the last two weeks. If you go to Members list, sort by last visit, then count the number of people that have logged in the last two weeks, you get 6,000. Yes, the number is higher if you count people that dont log in, but you have to be logged on to vote. I dont know why you are trying to be all secretive about the amount of traffic the site gets or the LiveTrax votes, but I was trying to maturely prove a point with empirical data using statistical methods. There was nothing wrong in my argument, so you can say that you are sorry and be more open minded to the views of others. You sound like a real nice guy on the podcast, so I dont know why you are so close-minded about this website and the livetrax.

All I was proving was that 500 votes is a substantial amount of votes for any one show on the current conditions of this website. You havent made a good counter point to my argument other to say that my data points are invalid and wrong which they are not. You called me out and I was right. So can you please provide me a counterargument to my suggesion? I think it would be the right thing to do.
    Old 11-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #112
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Also, I would be more than happy to talk to you offline, either by phone or PM, about the voting and different statistically valid approaches that Antsmarching.org could take.

Thanks.
    Old 11-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #113
    Matt

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Matt, dont be mad. Look, its a fact that 6,000 people have logged onto ants in the last two weeks. If you go to Members list, sort by last visit, then count the number of people that have logged in the last two weeks, you get 6,000. Yes, the number is higher if you count people that dont log in, but you have to be logged on to vote. I dont know why you are trying to be all secretive about the amount of traffic the site gets or the LiveTrax votes, but I was trying to maturely prove a point with empirical data using statistical methods. There was nothing wrong in my argument, so you can say that you are sorry and be more open minded to the views of others. You sound like a real nice guy on the podcast, so I dont know why you are so close-minded about this website and the livetrax.

All I was proving was that 500 votes is a substantial amount of votes for any one show on the current conditions of this website. You havent made a good counter point to my argument other to say that my data points are invalid and wrong which they are not. You called me out and I was right. So can you please provide me a counterargument to my suggesion? I think it would be the right thing to do.
    When you're points are based on false facts, I take issue with your insistence that those "facts" are as solid as you believe they are. The members list on the Ants forum counts people who log in and view the message boards. Our registration system is based on the boards' login system, but if someone logs in on the front page, but stays away from the boards, they are not counted in those 6,000.

Call me close-minded, but at least get your facts straight. You're making assumptions and trying to say that I'm being mean when I counter them with truth. Truth, mind you, that only the owners of this site are really privy to. So perhaps I would counter-suggest to you that you realize that you really don't know how this site works on the backend, and you shouldn't base your arguments on assumed data.
    Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #114
    emtphish
    Philly = Ugly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Truth, mind you, that only the owners of this site are really privy to.
    Seems like you guys are really big on hiding truths of this website. I kind of thought it would be the opposite. Ill respond to the rest of your post when I have time to re-read it.
    Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #115
    Matt

My Tour Central Stats

I find it comical your quickness to accuse secrecy et al. There is no second shooter on the grassy knoll. My central issue is, you have no idea what you're talking about. Yet you think you do. If you're so rabid for traffic information, look up our historical performance against davematthewsband.com on alexa for a reference. Traffic patterns, demographics, etc - aren't your right, despite what you're hinting at. If we feel like sharing them, we will. But please stop painting us as some group in a bunker afraid to say how popular we are. There's no rule written to say we must open ourselves to audit.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, you may email me.
    Old 11-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #116
    rythman

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Great discussion. The voice quality didn't seem as good as Episode 4. I'm assuming they are still using Skype....sounds like they are in the same room with an echo of some kind. The music in the background is great, but I think it's slightly too loud....it's a little distracting from the conversation.

Keep up the good work guys....continue discussing great shows and answering fans questions....thanks for doing this Podcast!
    rythman is offline   Reply With Quote