**Official Camden 2022** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #31
madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Camden 2022**

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower08 View Post
Camden or WPB!?
setlists - camden
foodie - camden
scenery - WPB
pre show relaxation options - WPB
weather - camden
energy - camden
posters - neither
Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-02-2022, 09:02 PM   #32
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    setlists - camden
    foodie - camden
    scenery - WPB
    weather - camden
    energy - camden
    posters - neither
    WPB is memorial day weekend though, so it might not be as ridiculously hot and humid, and mid july in philly can be disgustingly hot as well. i'd say weather is a "push" for these two this tour.
    Old 02-03-2022, 06:16 AM   #33
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Wanna go...closest 2niter to home...

The idea of hitting SPAC, Gilford, and then closing it out at Camden...damn if that's not tempting as all hell...six shows in nine day, 2niters all around...
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 06:47 AM   #34
    blaise34

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    WPB is memorial day weekend though, so it might not be as ridiculously hot and humid, and mid july in philly can be disgustingly hot as well. i'd say weather is a "push" for these two this tour.
    Mid July in Philly has potential to be really hot and sticky
    blaise34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 07:36 AM   #35
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Wanna go...closest 2niter to home...

The idea of hitting SPAC, Gilford, and then closing it out at Camden...damn if that's not tempting as all hell...six shows in nine day, 2niters all around...
    I'm hitting both SPAC and Camden, but I'm actually pretty concerned about the setlists across 6 two-nighters meaning A LOT of the same songs. My buddy and I agreed this would be the year we did SPAC, and Camden is almost literally in my backyard so I can't justify not going.

So I'd be afraid the energy it takes to do 6 shows in 9 days would not be worth it if I'd be seeing very similar shows.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #36
    daspfund22

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheman10 View Post
    Warehouse is offering two day lawn passes. Haven't seen that for Camden before
    Price on the 2 day passes?? Not in Warehouse anymore...
    daspfund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 07:55 AM   #37
    JimBeam41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daspfund22 View Post
    Price on the 2 day passes?? Not in Warehouse anymore...
    $85

These are still listed on the WH page, look again
    JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 08:05 AM   #38
    daspfund22

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
    $85

These are still listed on the WH page, look again
    I meant I'm not a member anymore, sorry poor wording.
    daspfund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #39
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    I'm hitting both SPAC and Camden, but I'm actually pretty concerned about the setlists across 6 two-nighters meaning A LOT of the same songs. My buddy and I agreed this would be the year we did SPAC, and Camden is almost literally in my backyard so I can't justify not going.

So I'd be afraid the energy it takes to do 6 shows in 9 days would not be worth it if I'd be seeing very similar shows.
    The energy isn't a concern (I'm just there to enjoy the music w/ my wife), but I feel like by the time we got to Camden, I'd start to resent hearing a bunch of tunes for the 3rd-5th time. Also, I like to spread the shows out over the summer, but we can't really control that...
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #40
    JimBeam41

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daspfund22 View Post
    I meant I'm not a member anymore, sorry poor wording.
    Gotcha, my bad, i thought you were saying it's no longer being offered
    JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #41
    KeithBox007
    Chasing Alligator Pie

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

My requests are in, finally going to check Camden off my list. Now that I'm living in MD, this venue is less than 2.5 hours from home, so hopefully will make this a regular stop. Looking very forward to a Philly weekend. I've only been to that city once, but as a big history guy, absolutely loved it, and looking forward to seeing more of it. My bro will be flying out from Michigan to make the drive up with me in what's become an intermittent annual tradition. Besides our home venue shows in VA/MD/MI, we've road tripped to DC, Alpine, Star Lake, VA Beach a few times, and Mansfield/Hartford. I'll likely be checking in here in the coming months for some local advice on things.
    Old 02-03-2022, 01:59 PM   #42
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

Looking at making the trip from Colorado... rental cars are ridiculous right now, so public transportation will have to be a must. What is the difference between the PATCO and the Riverline Light Rail? We'll be staying near City Hall (in Philadelphia) and I want to make sure we can get back to the area before any trains stop running (and hear SMLAM as a closer still). If people want to message me, you can do that instead of post here. My small-town ass just needs to get some reassurance from some natives that I can make this happen. Thanks in advance Camden Ants!
    Old 02-03-2022, 02:06 PM   #43
    sheman10

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    Looking at making the trip from Colorado... rental cars are ridiculous right now, so public transportation will have to be a must. What is the difference between the PATCO and the Riverline Light Rail? We'll be staying near City Hall (in Philadelphia) and I want to make sure we can get back to the area before any trains stop running (and hear SMLAM as a closer still). If people want to message me, you can do that instead of post here. My small-town ass just needs to get some reassurance from some natives that I can make this happen. Thanks in advance Camden Ants!
    http://www.septa.org/maps/transit/mfl.html

http://www.ridepatco.org/stations/routemap.html

Riverline doesn't go to Philly. If you want to go all subway from City Hall:

1) Get on Septa Market-Frankford (blue) line from City Hall to 8th & Market
    2) Transfer to PATCO to Broadway in Camden
    3) Walk from there. It's not far from there. My wife and I used to do it every year when we lived in Philly.
    sheman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #44
    PHL856

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    if you don't take PATCO there's a ferry that leaves from Penn's Landing in Philly and takes you directly across the river to the venue.
    PHL856 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 04:13 PM   #45
    PHL856

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheman10 View Post
    Warehouse is offering two day lawn passes. Haven't seen that for Camden before
    the last time they played Camden the lawn was dead night 1 and packed night 2. i'm sure that factors into it.

not to be all 'they don't play my favorite song' but i haven't heard 'warehouse' live since 2018. really need this dry streak to end this summer.
    PHL856 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #46
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PHL856 View Post
    the last time they played Camden the lawn was dead night 1 and packed night 2. i'm sure that factors into it.

not to be all 'they don't play my favorite song' but i haven't heard 'warehouse' live since 2018. really need this dry streak to end this summer.
    Yeah that's my theory as to why we were skipped last tour. Lawn was pretty sparse in 2019 and I bet they're trying to get people back
    Old 02-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #47
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You can also use Uber or Lyft in a pinch, though they're definitely more expensive than the train and subway
    Old 02-03-2022, 05:47 PM   #48
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    You can also use Uber or Lyft in a pinch, though they're definitely more expensive than the train and subway
    That's a good option on the way in. I'd find a better option for the way out. Competitive and really expensive
    Old 02-03-2022, 10:15 PM   #49
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post

in 2012 i did 4 shows in 5 days. it was camden x2, hershey, and bethel. by the time the 4th show came around, i wasn't having much fun at the show. the sets were repetitive, and there were a couple songs i heard 3 times by the end of the week. with this being a suspected album tour, thats only going to make the sets even more similar.

do spac and camden, but do yourself the favor and skip NH. if you don't, you're going to wish you did. whatever unique song(s) they play at NH will have a good chance of being played at camden anyway.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PHL856 View Post
    if you don't take PATCO there's a ferry that leaves from Penn's Landing in Philly and takes you directly across the river to the venue.
    that ferry is iffy though. i know some people say they've had no issues with it, but the one time i did it, i left the show before the final song of the encore ended, walked pretty quickly to the ferry, and still missed the first boat. we had to wait an hour and a half to get across the river. i would have been more than half way home by that time if we just parked in the venue lots.
    Old 02-04-2022, 03:35 AM   #50
    GOBIRDS2492

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

so glad to have camden back as a 2 night stop! very underrated venue. always a great crowd and greats sets
    GOBIRDS2492 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 06:31 AM   #51
    phl_run

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KeithBox007 View Post
    My requests are in, finally going to check Camden off my list. Now that I'm living in MD, this venue is less than 2.5 hours from home, so hopefully will make this a regular stop. Looking very forward to a Philly weekend. I've only been to that city once, but as a big history guy, absolutely loved it, and looking forward to seeing more of it. My bro will be flying out from Michigan to make the drive up with me in what's become an intermittent annual tradition. Besides our home venue shows in VA/MD/MI, we've road tripped to DC, Alpine, Star Lake, VA Beach a few times, and Mansfield/Hartford. I'll likely be checking in here in the coming months for some local advice on things.
    Philly has a great craft beer scene if that interests you.

There are 4 or 5 breweries in about a 1/2 mile radius near Spring Garden St.
    phl_run is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 08:02 AM   #52
    floppybeagle

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Best lawn is Bethel
    floppybeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 08:03 AM   #53
    ElijahSoRight72

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    in 2012 i did 4 shows in 5 days. it was camden x2, hershey, and bethel. by the time the 4th show came around, i wasn't having much fun at the show. the sets were repetitive, and there were a couple songs i heard 3 times by the end of the week. with this being a suspected album tour, thats only going to make the sets even more similar.

do spac and camden, but do yourself the favor and skip NH. if you don't, you're going to wish you did. whatever unique song(s) they play at NH will have a good chance of being played at camden anyway
    I appreciate it! I was actually trying to throw caution to the person who was wondering about doing all 6. I was saying I’m nervous enough about the 4 shows so close together. But I’m glad you have a similar experience and that I’m not making a mistake doing SPAC and Camden as it is!
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #54
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

do spac and camden, but do yourself the favor and skip NH. if you don't, you're going to wish you did. whatever unique song(s) they play at NH will have a good chance of being played at camden anyway.

that ferry is iffy though. i know some people say they've had no issues with it, but the one time i did it, i left the show before the final song of the encore ended, walked pretty quickly to the ferry, and still missed the first boat. we had to wait an hour and a half to get across the river. i would have been more than half way home by that time if we just parked in the venue lots.
    this is such wise and sound logic.
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 02:04 PM   #55
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks everybody for helping me navigate the potential trip. Put in for Warehouse tickets just now. I'm sure I'll be lurking again, reading details of other posts. But I wanted to shout out to all you Camden experts making the worrisome Western Tourist a little more at east coming out to Megalopolis.
    Old 02-04-2022, 02:28 PM   #56
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks everybody for helping me navigate the potential trip. Put in for Warehouse tickets just now. I'm sure I'll be lurking again, reading details of other posts. But I wanted to shout out to all you Camden experts making the worrisome Western Tourist a little more at east coming out to Megalopolis.
    All good. We'll help you out. Also fyi you can take the Septa regional rail from PHL to center City too if you don't want to Uber
    Old 02-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #57
    DKX147992

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    setlists - camden
    foodie - camden
    scenery - WPB
    weather - camden
    energy - camden
    posters - neither
    Prefer the lawn at Camden for the vibe / energy. Seen fights in the Pit here… last one I remember was n2 2018.

The lawn is a lot more stationary than other venues… you can find a good spot as late as 1 hour before start, and it feels like the rest of the lawn is more relaxed and just enjoys the show.

Plus concessions are now all only accessible by going to the front of the lawn and going left or right. So you don’t have the constant people going back and forth through the lawn to get back to bathrooms or drinks. IIRC, they used to have stuff at the back of the lawn (all the way up by the perimeter walls - as recently as 2004-05?) but some common sense and foot traffic engineering has made it very pleasant.

Not complaining, you get what you pay for with any lawn seat. But Camden has one of my favorite lawns to just chill and enjoy a show… like the people next to you at 8pm will be the ppl next to you two hours later. Not the case everywhere..
    DKX147992 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2022, 11:15 PM   #58
    DKX147992

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    in 2012 i did 4 shows in 5 days. it was camden x2, hershey, and bethel. by the time the 4th show came around, i wasn't having much fun at the show. the sets were repetitive, and there were a couple songs i heard 3 times …

Seriously great advice.

I did Camden x2, Canadigua (spell? Lol) for D&T and Bethel in ‘19. Heard 7-8 songs 3x. I was like where is The Stone in 2018 and then heard it 3 of 4 nights, including 3 straight shows.

Camden and SPAC will have 95% of NH’s set. If I had to pick 2 of the 3, I’d do Camden and SPAC. jones beach and Holmdel NJ (both sort of in between Camden and SPAC) are unfortunately before SPAC this year—they’re usually the Tue-Wed following SPAC and would be a great way to hit 6 at 4 venues in 11 days without 3 2-niters.

If you really want to do another venue (and can stay 3-4 more days) try Bethel NY the Wednesday after Camden. It’s just beyond the PA border into NY (coming from Philly area) and has the historic value worth seeing at least 1x. It’s only recently in 2019 made the tour again after an absence so unlike NH, might be your one chance to see Dave there. Someone else can weigh in, but I’ve been told the ‘69 Woodstock site is on the same land as the venue but only locals there swear to that… it’s nearby but who knows. Small town, traffic isn’t bad considering and the random nature of a 1-night stand, you might get a great set…the repeats are again likely to be high and similar to Camden & SPAC, but at least it’s just 1 night. NH it’s very unlikely you’ll hear more than 1-2 songs max not heard the weekends before or after. Some really great shows at Bethel too… 2010 stands out… 2019 was so-so, it’s due

Last edited by DKX147992; 02-04-2022 at 11:16 PM.
    DKX147992 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #59
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

Camden folks! Joining in on this as this also will be my first time--and have never been to Philly. So, I need your help with everything.

Stay in downtown Philly or elsewhere? Recs?
    From above, looks like subway/mass transit/light rail, etc. is doable. I won't have a car. Seems like I can do the whole weekend with everything being so close.

Any first time tips?

Last edited by Bearclaw_; 02-05-2022 at 06:59 AM.
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2022, 07:34 AM   #60
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

First timer or twentieth timer, I'd stay in Center City.