*** Official Jacksonville D&T 2017 *** - Page 7 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #181
BH.netter

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Jacksonville D&T 2017 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemesomedmb View Post
I wasn't there, but was watching the Periscope feed. I was thinking "wow" I'm glad I'm not there because the crowd sucks and nobody seems to care about what's happening on stage. But then again, I was hoping it was just from the vantage point of the scoper, and that maybe it was different sitting elsewhere. Apparently not. I'm so sorry for your experience. I would have felt the exact same disappointment and anger. People are SO ridiculously rude. And thanks for the explanation of the Two-Step into Bartender opener. I was wondering what happened..
Yea I'm afraid it's not even the "casual" DMB fans that make the experience terrible, though the certainly contribute to it. Obviously I'm grateful for any Periscope but that guy doing it was like a SuperFan who wouldn't shut up and was responding to Periscope comments outloud DURING songs. Imagine having that guy next to you at a show? Going to hope for good crowds at Mann N1 and PNC but kind of going in fearing the worst. Never seen a proper Dave and Tim show (only before D+F) so was wanting to hit a couple shows
BH.netter is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #182
    FlaFan09

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prezzy View Post
    Sorry about the folks that had a bad crowd around them or whatever. We were dead center in the orchestra like 5 rows back. Amazingly awesome seats. All hard-core fans around us. Loved the venue, loved tailgating like 20ft from the entrance. Double Encore and 3hrs of the best music in the world. What more can you ask for?
    Ditto. This was my experience also.
    FlaFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #183
    timhelms

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ewingjb View Post
    Tim Helms you are right about Two Step opener. Check the setlist photo I attached, looks like he was going to open with Two Step and improvised like you said. I can't vouch for the crowd assessment, the wife and I were center section, row A seats 1&2, so dead center front row. We were locked on Dave & Tim for 3 hours, just incredible. We received the tickets for free from Warehouse by winning the random drawing 5-5-5. I've seen many shows, but this one will always be special for us, it was surreal for sure. The camera guy that was filming Timmy the whole show promised us the setlist before the show because he was posted up in front of me, and he delivered setlist to us like promised. Dave & Tim were having a good time and looked relaxed the whole show. It was a night to remember.
    nice! i'm glad you had a good time... and honestly, i'm really glad someone posted that setlist as proof of what i knew i heard... i figured a lot of people would probably think "what does that guy know, dave was just jamming out" ... but yeah... i thought thats what was going on...
    timhelms is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #184
    RecentlyCrushed

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

The Jacksonville show was good. I loved the setlist and the venue is great for a small venue. I'm excited to see other shows there. But in regards to this show in particular, the crowd SUCKED so much. It did seem Orchestra and maybe some of section 100 were engrossed in the show but the rest of the crowd just wouldn't shut up. We were in 206 and my friends and the people behind us were shocked at how loud everyone was. I'm not in the "it's a D&T show, everybody sit down and shut up" camp; I want to dance and sing and have a good time. But to just be talking the whole time? Come on people! There were definitely times when I could barely hear the show because of how loud it was - specifically during the lesser known/newer songs. I would like to blame the design of the venue, but from observation, you could look around and see a sea of people turned and looking at each other literally trying to have conversations instead of caring about who was on stage. And I swear if I go to one more show where the person in front of me stands up and holds their damn phone above their heads the whole night, someone is going to have a broken phone. I understand periscope (and love it really) but the people I've been behind are definitely not scopers. But if you are going to do this, can people please look around and make sure you're not blocking the people around you from seeing the show?
    RecentlyCrushed is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #185
    SeaneeRo66

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

What was stage time, around 8pm? I know Band tends to be 815-830, but I figured D&T could be a little earlier
    SeaneeRo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #186
    pigsmarching8

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I have the entire opening of the twostep/wrong guitar/bartender on my phone from the third row dead center and you can see everything. Whats the best way for me to upload this?
    pigsmarching8 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #187
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

YouTube?
    Old 06-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #188
    ckmajik

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RecentlyCrushed View Post
    The Jacksonville show was good. I loved the setlist and the venue is great for a small venue. I'm excited to see other shows there. But in regards to this show in particular, the crowd SUCKED so much. It did seem Orchestra and maybe some of section 100 were engrossed in the show but the rest of the crowd just wouldn't shut up. We were in 206 and my friends and the people behind us were shocked at how loud everyone was. I'm not in the "it's a D&T show, everybody sit down and shut up" camp; I want to dance and sing and have a good time. But to just be talking the whole time? Come on people! There were definitely times when I could barely hear the show because of how loud it was - specifically during the lesser known/newer songs. I would like to blame the design of the venue, but from observation, you could look around and see a sea of people turned and looking at each other literally trying to have conversations instead of caring about who was on stage. And I swear if I go to one more show where the person in front of me stands up and holds their damn phone above their heads the whole night, someone is going to have a broken phone. I understand periscope (and love it really) but the people I've been behind are definitely not scopers. But if you are going to do this, can people please look around and make sure you're not blocking the people around you from seeing the show?
    Section 206 was horrible! There were very few songs where most of the people around me weren't talking to each other rather than focusing on D&T. Plus, so many people on their cell phones! Using them to record parts of the show is understandable, I guess...but I could see so many people on their phones around me, using Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc....I don't know about other people, but I can't see spending that much money on a concert ticket, plus drinks and merch, only to spend my time the way I would at a bar with some local band playing in the background. I still enjoyed what Dave and Tim did, but I will look forward to the full band returning with all of their loud instruments to drown out the idiots!
    ckmajik is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #189
    beonewithforce

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pigsmarching8 View Post
    I have the entire opening of the twostep/wrong guitar/bartender on my phone from the third row dead center and you can see everything. Whats the best way for me to upload this?
    Would love to see this. Was not far away from you. If you have trouble you can send it to my phone and ill post it for you. Let me know.
    beonewithforce is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #190
    pigsmarching8

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Enjoy! Watch Dave tell Tim to play bartender.

https://youtu.be/pvRYnqfAWjI
    pigsmarching8 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #191
    timhelms

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pigsmarching8 View Post
    Enjoy! Watch Dave tell Tim to play bartender.

https://youtu.be/pvRYnqfAWjI
    yep! you can see them trying to figure out why the it sounds funny... at 27 seconds you can see tim mouth something like "OH IT'S THE WRONG GUITAR!" and laugh...

then they piddle around trying to just keep things going... then at 52 seconds, just as the tech is bringing out a different guitar for dave, you can see dave yell to tim "bartender. go to bartender"
    timhelms is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #192
    TelevisionTD

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

As a So. Cal fan, who travels out of state for 1 or 2 DMB/D&T show a tour, I have mixed feelings about this show. Mainly due to the crowd. As mentioned several times above, the volume of people talking was LOUD. I had several people around me, who talked non-stop throughout the show. There was a fight, about the 3rd song in, just over my shoulder, which tarnished the show experience for the remainder, as the couples kept bickering. The incident was over a couple standing. I thought for sure, Dave had to hear the dull roar of talking throughout, and say something to the crowd. Maybe, it was the venue acoustics. Either way, I will chose another venue for future tour travels. Pros of JAX: Parking was perfect. I got in the lot about 6:30p, quick and easy. Practically at the entrance. And, out even quicker. Nice venue. Clean. Food choices could have been more diverse. I was in Sec 106. Row C. On the aisle. Great view. Ushers were helpful. I imagine the sound is good, if its quiet.
    TelevisionTD is offline   Reply With Quote