what will Antsmarching.org be like.... - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > Archive > 'Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King' Album Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #31
Benco
Forgive You Why?

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: what will Antsmarching.org be like....

^^ you kind of fucked up my momentum, man. :giggle:

I just tore into the OP, and you make some stupid one liner.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #32
    jiggajm18
    Joe

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benco View Post
    ^^ you kind of fucked up my momentum, man. :giggle:

I just tore into the OP, and you make some stupid one liner.

ah sorry man. but thats honestly how i feel. i think the 2006-2007 songs do show some potential. but so did the 2000 songs and look what happened from there. i think the band definitly has good music left in them (and Some Devil is proof that dave does)......its just whether or not they get the desire to work hard on it.
    Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #33
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I don't want to ruin anyone's momentum here, but I think that the band has heard our cries and will make a better album. I'm really hoping that this album has some great new tunes, some road-tested songs, and a couple oldies that are a little reworked (SUAD???). I'm really optimistic about this new album, but if it sucks then I'll be pretty upset, but I'll still be here.
    Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #34
    swampdonkey
    Beer Me!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Your logic is seriously flawed.

Great songs don't become bad just because they are old.

By your logic, Sgt .Pepper (Beatles) is now a bad album because it's 40 years old. Bullshit.

Dave Matthews Band is an act that is still standing the test of time. New fans are experiencing the band for the first time everyday. That includes their older material (hence the discussion about topics that are according to you, "old and depressing", such as the Lovely Ladies.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy great music anymore just because it's from 1993.

But it's still is and always will great. The artistic value doesn't change with time. If anything, their recent efforts just makes their older material even more special and amazing.

Regardless of what you think the band is or what you think the band should be now, you can't take any of that away.

If you aren't satisfied, shut the fuck up and move onto other things. But many of us still enjoy what the band has to offer in 2008.

Good points...pwnd

Heehaw
    Myspace
    Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #35
    MistreatedLewis

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoke2007 View Post
    I don't want to ruin anyone's momentum here, but I think that the band has heard our cries and will make a better album. I'm really hoping that this album has some great new tunes, some road-tested songs, and a couple oldies that are a little reworked (SUAD???). I'm really optimistic about this new album, but if it sucks then I'll be pretty upset, but I'll still be here.
    Our cries? It's been like me and five other people out of the whole fanbase.
    Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #36
    jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MistreatedLewis View Post
    Our cries? It's been like me and five other people out of the whole fanbase.
    Ehhh I don't know about that. Sure you are outspoken ML, and I agree with you a lot. But even seeing shows this year, it is so obvious people still get twice as excited for the LIOG's and Billies, and Seek Up's etc, than the Bayou's and YMDT's. I'm not saying this album is going to be great, but aborted studio sessions with band members walking out means someone knows something isn't right. That gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, they will focus for this next one. And I really think there are a lot more people than you think who are not happy with Stand Up, maybe they accept it more than you, or me, or whoever, but these people still know it isn't that good. And I think the band knows it isn't that good. Are they in too deep of a rut to get out? I don't know, but whatever happened to scrap that last album is a good thing.
    Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #37
    planstoquit

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

By your logic, Sgt .Pepper (Beatles) is now a bad album because it's 40 years old. Bullshit.

Dave Matthews Band is an act that is still standing the test of time. New fans are experiencing the band for the first time everyday. That includes their older material (hence the discussion about topics that are according to you, "old and depressing", such as the Lovely Ladies.

But it's still is and always will great. The artistic value doesn't change with time. If anything, their recent efforts just makes their older material even more special and amazing.

Regardless of what you think the band is or what you think the band should be now, you can't take any of that away.

If you aren't satisfied, shut the fuck up and move onto other things. But many of us still enjoy what the band has to offer in 2008.
    Okay

So you opened your post claiming that my logic is flawed, reason being that "great songs don't become bad just because they're old".

I'd like you to look at my post and tell me where I said this. You took my avoiding songs like Tripping Billies, Ants, Too Much, to mean that these songs are bad. However, I never said this. I simply said that I don't listen to them anymore.

So your premise in the claim that my logic is flawed is based on a complete inference or assumption which leads me to believe that you don't warrant much talking to.

I understand that newer fans are experiencing the bands older music and yes, that is the reason for posts relating to older music and older themes. However, the point that I was making which, many (but not you) can comprehend, is that the sheer proliferation of these posts prove that the band has not done anything remotely exciting in a long time.

Again, I never said that the band's current material soils or besmirches the reputation of the band; I just stated that the flood of threads on wildly old topics prove that the band is done and has been for a long time.

And while I'm making an enemy with this post, I might as well bring the dude who said "owned" into the mix:

On a message board, nobody will ever have the last word and throwing out "owned", while it may make you feel secure and strong, it is a false sense of strength that is so fragile it will splinter at the touch. You essentially said "owned" to a post that is full of false accusations and illogical debate. Nicely done.

Last edited by planstoquit; 02-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #38
    AFurth
    new cd (iTunes): 4.4.09

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    People will say they will leave for good, but they won't. Unless the band did something sooooooo shitty, like worse than Stand Up, people have invested to much time in every possible sense of the word in this band to simply pack up. They will say they will leave to make a point, but they won't. They can't.
    i haven't listened to dmb in about 3 months. like - maybe 1 time through a few songs on my buddy's piedmont CD. there's no energy - no freshness.

it all seems so stale.

they need new material and they need to jam/play the shit out of it. with some real emotion.

i kind of hope upon hope it rocks

Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #39
    dmb5570

My Tour Central Stats

yea, i dfeinitely need some songs that go over the 5 minute mark and even on the cd have some nice jams in them. Theres nothing like listening to the early stuff when they actually jammed on the cd's, that would be a great way to step up the new album.
    Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #40
    Jimi's Thing
    Roi's the man!

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together!!!!!

I say regular posts in DMBc is cut in a 1/4, so a noticeable difference but not a total dropoff. I probably wouldn't leave...it all depends I guess.

LET'S GO FIGHTIN PHILS!!!!
    Old 02-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #41
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Ehh... I honestly don't know if they can get any worse than they are right now, so it wouldn't be that much different IMO. Unlike with Stand Up I really don't expect much so it'd just be..... whatever.
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #42
    ninjarebear

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

kudos for the beatles name drop.
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #43
    ninjarebear

My Tour Central Stats

And people, shut up. Yeah, Stand up wasn't amazing, and neither was Everyday. You act like the albums were made by down-syndrome patients (no offense). The albums are nothing to BTCS, BS, and of course UTTAD, but quit comparing them to those. It will not benefit your liking of DMB at all, so why fucking sit there and bitch about an album? Just appreciate the fact they're still making music and listen to the album.
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #44
    Trippin4136

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I will continue to have 93% of my posts remain in 24um/Tailgate/PoliSci and pop into DMBc when I feel like being nostalgic. Just like I have since, oooooh, about 2004.
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #45
    Trippin4136

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ninjarebear View Post
    And people, shut up. Yeah, Stand up wasn't amazing, and neither was Everyday. You act like the albums were made by down-syndrome patients (no offense). The albums are nothing to BTCS, BS, and of course UTTAD, but quit comparing them to those. It will not benefit your liking of DMB at all, so why fucking sit there and bitch about an album? Just appreciate the fact they're still making music and listen to the album.
    a) Crash??

b) No, thank you. I continue to discuss DMB music but haven't listened to Everyday since probably February 28, 2001.
    Old 02-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #46
    ninjarebear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trippin4136 View Post
    a) Crash??

b) No, thank you. I continue to discuss DMB music but haven't listened to Everyday since probably February 28, 2001.

Yes, Crash as well. And I don't blame you for not listening to Everyday. That album is better in small doses.
    Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #47
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I think a lot of people will leave here, but they will still go to a show or two every year because no matter how bad the new songs suck, summer just won't be the same to them without a Snare Intro or Boyd solo. I think people will still go and suffer through bad songs to hear those classics. Maybe not as often, but still will go, although they probably won't be around here much.
    Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #48
    rball1127
    Hey little chicken

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

people may disagree with with but whatever. if you like it or not, there's only gonna be a couple new cd's if that released by this band, so why not enjoy it? DMB will not be releasing cd's in 10 yrs, so why don't you make the most of what they put out and enjoy it.

you may hate stand up, but go on itunes and compare it to the top 10 albums right now. stand up isn't nearly DMB best work, but it's better then most SHIT put out by bands today.
    2005: 12/13 2006: 6/28 9/30 2007: 7/7 8/7 8/8 11/13 2008: 6/3 6/4 6/10 7/11 7/30 2009: 4/15 6/1 7/21 7/22 7/24 12/10 12/11 12/12 2010: 6/31 7/1 7/14 7/16 7/17 7/23 2011: 6/24 6/25 6/26 2012: 5/28 6/9 6/26 6/27 9/8 12/18 12/21 12/22 2013: 6/6 6/28 6/29 2014: 5/30 5/31 6/13 6/14 7/25 7/26 2015: 6/26 6/27
    Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #49
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rball1127 View Post
    people may disagree with with but whatever. if you like it or not, there's only gonna be a couple new cd's if that released by this band, so why not enjoy it? DMB will not be releasing cd's in 10 yrs, so why don't you make the most of what they put out and enjoy it.

you may hate stand up, but go on itunes and compare it to the top 10 albums right now. stand up isn't nearly DMB best work, but it's better then most SHIT put out by bands today.

truth
    Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #50
    comerelaxnow

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yep! i listened to Stand Up today for the 1st time in a while and i really enjoyed it. i like the cd. of course its not anything compared to the 1st 3 but who gives a shit? honestly people need to stop complaining about it.
    Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #51
    comerelaxnow

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rball1127 View Post

DMBs worst album still makes me sing along and dance.
    Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #52
    rball1127
    Hey little chicken

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by comerelaxnow View Post
    DMBs worst album still makes me sing along and dance.
    exactly!

are people gonna tell me they don't rock out at shows during bayou?
    2005: 12/13 2006: 6/28 9/30 2007: 7/7 8/7 8/8 11/13 2008: 6/3 6/4 6/10 7/11 7/30 2009: 4/15 6/1 7/21 7/22 7/24 12/10 12/11 12/12 2010: 6/31 7/1 7/14 7/16 7/17 7/23 2011: 6/24 6/25 6/26 2012: 5/28 6/9 6/26 6/27 9/8 12/18 12/21 12/22 2013: 6/6 6/28 6/29 2014: 5/30 5/31 6/13 6/14 7/25 7/26 2015: 6/26 6/27
    Old 02-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #53
    CapnHani06
    JMU Duuuuuuuuukes

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimi's Thing View Post
    Mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together!!!!!

I say regular posts in DMBc is cut in a 1/4, so a noticeable difference but not a total dropoff. I probably wouldn't leave...it all depends I guess.
    +10 on the ghostbusters reference
    - Sean
    Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #54
    walktheline
    A*L*P*I*N*E

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB0715 View Post
    I'd love to say I'd leave, but I never will. And I know it.
    sad but true!

Ian
    Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #55
    Steelers36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So you recomend that we just ignore how bad they have been for several years now and just throw our money at them even though we aren't satisfied with what we are hearing? That having an opinion is meaningless so just shut up and take what they give you because they don't feel like trying anymore?
    Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #56
    Sdljets#41
    Umphreak

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

good or bad, im going to soak it all in and enjoy it.
    Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 AM   #57
    comerelaxnow

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steelers36 View Post
    So you recomend that we just ignore how bad they have been for several years now and just throw our money at them even though we aren't satisfied with what we are hearing? That having an opinion is meaningless so just shut up and take what they give you because they don't feel like trying anymore?
    nobody is making you throw money at the band. if your not satisfied with what your hearing then don't listen.

i don't understand what the crisis situation is with some fans. the band has toured for almost 2 decades all the time, constantly writting new songs, constantly putting on great shows and everytime they slip up they get trashed on. there is not ONE band out there like DMB and you have to take the good with the bad and just enjoy these guys. why it has to turn into this huge deal all the time is beyond me. the band isn't always going to make you happy. don't like Stand Up? don't buy it. but the band will play songs off of it so the second you buy a ticket you no longer can complain when you hear Bayou or Stand Up because you know what you were going to get. nobody cares when people get all upset at a band for playing a song they don't like.

look at all the work this band does. look at all the happiness and great times you had with this group. its sad how much complaining goes on around here. the band has 2 less than par cds out of 6 studio ones and its like dooms day.
    Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #58
    Steelers36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by comerelaxnow View Post
    nobody is making you throw money at the band. if your not satisfied with what your hearing then don't listen.
    I don't plan on spending anymore money on this band until they have started making the kind of music that we all know they are capable of. I have wasted enough money the past three years on CD's and tickets that have only left me disappointed. That does not mean I have to stop listening or that I can not have an opinion. I have been a fan of this band for a long time and have invested a great deal of money into them, so I will voice my displeasure whether you like it or not.

Quote:
    i don't understand what the crisis situation is with some fans. the band has toured for almost 2 decades all the time, constantly writting new songs, constantly putting on great shows and everytime they slip up they get trashed on. there is not ONE band out there like DMB and you have to take the good with the bad and just enjoy these guys. why it has to turn into this huge deal all the time is beyond me. the band isn't always going to make you happy. don't like Stand Up? don't buy it. but the band will play songs off of it so the second you buy a ticket you no longer can complain when you hear Bayou or Stand Up because you know what you were going to get. nobody cares when people get all upset at a band for playing a song they don't like.
    Really? I haven't been to one in years. If you aren't at the Gorge, Red Rocks, Alpine or SPAC you get the same average to bad show as everyone else. After three straight years of paying $50 plus per ticket to hear the same show over and over again I do not believe that they care about putting on the best show possible for their fans. I don't expect them to write music that will always please me, but outside of four or five songs in the past six years, they haven't. I'm sure they have realized this as their fan base has shrunk considerably with each album. They don't sell out like they use to and its due to them releasing bad music.

Quote:
    look at all the work this band does. look at all the happiness and great times you had with this group. its sad how much complaining goes on around here. the band has 2 less than par cds out of 6 studio ones and its like dooms day.
    I think that DMB has three really good CD's and three really bad. Stand Up is the worst collection of songs I have bought in the past five years, Everyday is average AT BEST, and Busted Stuff is nothing but half assed versions of really good songs that they didn't want to work on anymore since it got too hard. They have picked the path of least resistence when it comes to producing albums since BTCS, each producer more useless than the last.

This band has provided me with some great times, I will always remember going to shows with friends, waiting in line for tickets, etc. But I think that the band has changed more than I have. They just don't seem to have the same desire or interest that they had, even four years ago. That was the last time they wrote songs that made you think they still had what made them so great before. If this album is as bad as Stand Up or only slightly better, then I will wash my hands with this band. I will listen to it before I buy it, but I really don't expect that the new album will be any good.
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
    comerelaxnow

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't plan on spending anymore money on this band until they have started making the kind of music that we all know they are capable of. I have wasted enough money the past three years on CD's and tickets that have only left me disappointed. That does not mean I have to stop listening or that I can not have an opinion. I have been a fan of this band for a long time and have invested a great deal of money into them, so I will voice my displeasure whether you like it or not.

i meant stop listening to the music that you don't like. you said "So you recomend that we just ignore how bad they have been for several years now and just throw our money at them even though we aren't satisfied with what we are hearing?" and all i said was if your not satisfied with it then don't buy it. i didn't say stop listening to DMB all together. nobody is making you buy tickets to shows and buy albums.
    Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #60
    comerelaxnow

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I
    Really? I haven't been to one in years. If you aren't at the Gorge, Red Rocks, Alpine or SPAC you get the same average to bad show as everyone else. After three straight years of paying $50 plus per ticket to hear the same show over and over again I do not believe that they care about putting on the best show possible for their fans. I don't expect them to write music that will always please me, but outside of four or five songs in the past six years, they haven't. I'm sure they have realized this as their fan base has shrunk considerably with each album. They don't sell out like they use to and its due to them releasing bad music.

see this is where i think some fans just over think things. you guys just think that DMB only cares about money and has no concern about their fans and putting on a good show anymore? Dmb is just lazy right?? its like 5 year old children who didn't get a cookie after dinner around here.