***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread*** - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #91
ZMB
Steady As I Go

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeandream View Post
I think many of us are. I did 1 show in 97, then 1 in 98, then I was let loose to go to college and low and behold my next tour included 4 shows. Hasn't stopped since.
One show like 10 years ago. One show last year. Did Phx already and got Chula and Irvine paid for. Tossing around ideas to cram one more in. But the Phish Festi in Indio is the next month and trying to make it to the Austin City Limits Festi will be difficult.
ZMB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #92
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Say what you want, but they are doing their job. The key is to not give them any reason to stop in your area. They patrol on bikes, cars, motorcycles, so just keep your eyes open and all should be fine.
    What - No Segways?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zacbecerra View Post
    Any team named after a Disney movie should be given a little ribbing. At least my team is owned by the great one. Suckie as they are.
    Sorry - but your team isn't really owned by anybody. Its just kind of nebulously floating around the sitting of Glendale and hoarding a bunch of tax money. The organization is a joke. (And I love hockey - but remain a Blues fan with the fiasco that the Coyotes have developed into under 'The Great One' and his cohorts.) Seriously - $7,000,000 per year to coach a shitty hockey team? Really? Mike Keenan would do it for about a seventh of that.

BTW - if anybody knows of any decent for tickets - I'd be interested. My wife and I are going to try to extend the Chula trip by an extra night.

Thanks!
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #93
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    What - No Segways?

Sorry - but your team isn't really owned by anybody. Its just kind of nebulously floating around the sitting of Glendale and hoarding a bunch of tax money. The organization is a joke. (And I love hockey - but remain a Blues fan with the fiasco that the Coyotes have developed into under 'The Great One' and his cohorts.) Seriously - $7,000,000 per year to coach a shitty hockey team? Really? Mike Keenan would do it for about a seventh of that.

BTW - if anybody knows of any decent for tickets - I'd be interested. My wife and I are going to try to extend the Chula trip by an extra night.

Thanks!
    Yes this team is in a complete tailspin. Funny if they did move back to Winnipeg and went back to being the Jets. I mean really....hockey in the desert? Did anyone really think it would stick. Transplants or not!
    Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #94
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Trying to get back on topic, I sure am looking forward to this show!
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #95
    ProudestMonkE41

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilannie View Post
    If you want tix for N1 at the Greek, I have a pair available. So Terr, Row M, seats 42 and 44. Email me if interested: abarrett@surewest.net
    Hey thanks a lot for the offer, thats amighty kind of ya. I don't think I'm prob gonna be able to make it with the show being on a Wednesday, I'm strapped for days off at work and I'm 30 miles from LA. Oh to be free of work and pockets full o cash... sigh...
    ProudestMonkE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #96
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    Sure will, I will seek you out. Ducks huh? Representing? LOL, my name is Adam. I think I am on the right side, not too far back this night.
    Well, I'm gonna sound like a schmuck but I'm really not a Ducks fan... More of a Baseball and Football fan, Cubs n Bears to be precise...

I won the jersey at work in a raffle and it came with a coupon for free embroidering, so I jumped on this opportunity to get me a dmb-related jersey. Not sure if I woulda forked out $300 if I had to pay for it myself!

My name's Matt btw, and I'm sitting Loge 7 in the middle

Now I'm gonna get me some Warehouse upgrades, dammit!! I've been to thirty something shows in ten years and I've never been upgraded ever. The closest I've ever sat was 11th row at the Gorge, which was pretty nice, don't get me wrong but I want just one show where I get the sweet stuff!
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #97
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes this team is in a complete tailspin. Funny if they did move back to Winnipeg and went back to being the Jets. I mean really....hockey in the desert? Did anyone really think it would stick. Transplants or not!
    When I lived in St. Louis - I was a Blues season ticket holder. Loved hockey.

The idea of bringing a team from Canada to this suburb of hell had a little bit of merit (the huge population coupled with the excess discretionary income of the NHL's top demographic - rich white people). And when the team was at US Airways - they did okay. But the inane decision to move them out to Glendale (which is on the opposite side of the world from where all the rich, white people live (Scottsdale and the East Valley)) was a decision that doomed this franchise. Oh - that and bringing Gretzky on as a partner who doesn't share in losses AND who gets to play coach at seven million a year.

Glendale is just too damned far to drive in our crappy traffic if you're coming from anywhere east of Central - especially on a weeknight. And compound that with the fact your team sucks - and well - lousy attendance. Plus - the winter is the time most people out here enjoy being outside. People aren't clamoring to get out of the house to go do something because there's snow or ice on the ground (like at most NHL cities).

Secondly - the tenure of Bettman as commissioner has taken the NHL from being one of the 'Big 4' to being on the verge of becoming a fringe/niche sport. Its a shame - because the NHL is damned entertaining in person.

/NHL chat

Still looking for Irvine tickets.

Last edited by davet7462; 08-14-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #98
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ProudestMonkE41 View Post
    Well, I'm gonna sound like a schmuck but I'm really not a Ducks fan... More of a Baseball and Football fan, Cubs n Bears to be precise...

My name's Matt btw, and I'm sitting Loge 7 in the middle
    If I get to the show - I'll be sure to look you up - and dump a beer over your head.

Dave (47 years old and lifetime STL Cardinals fan!)

btw - congrats on the 17 runs today - finally got a lead your bullpen couldn't blow.

P.S.S. Still looking for Irvine Tickets.
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #99
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Adam, sadly it is all true about that post and Irvine. I have witnessed first hand more then once Irvine PD tearing a car apart, pouring alcohol out or writing someone a ticket in the lots.

Say what you want, but they are doing their job. The key is to not give them any reason to stop in your area. They patrol on bikes, cars, motorcycles, so just keep your eyes open and all should be fine.

I work in Irvine, up by John Wayne Airport. If I see you at the show, since you are a Ducks fan, I will not say 'What's Up!'. GO KINGS!!!

Don't sweat this show either. The last time the band did an LA-Chula-Irvine run was in 2002. The Irvine show ended up being unique, if that is the right word. (Actually all three CA shows from that run were unique.) Not saying that we will get a similar type show this time around. But one can hope.

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=12&where=2002
    Yeah I'm more upbeat about the whole thing now that I realize that I can't go to the Greek even if I had tickets. I saw them at Irvine in 2006, it was a pretty bitchin show, RR on the geetar for Bayou, which made Bayou tolerable, hell even enjoyable.

I even found a bag of weed on the ground on the way to our seats, which was suspiciously empty by show's end
    Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #100
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If I get to the show - I'll be sure to look you up - and dump a beer over your head.

Dave (47 years old and lifetime STL Cardinals fan!)

btw - congrats on the 17 runs today - finally got a lead your bullpen couldn't blow.

P.S.S. Still looking for Irvine Tickets.
    Why am I even talking to you? If I knew you were a Cards fan then I wouldn't even have acknowledged your presence...

Yeah after this last week of deplorable baseball from the Cubbies, I've given up on our chances this year. We're injured all to hell, didn't make a trade before the deadline, and the Cards got way stronger with their trades and Carpenter's health.... I gotta stop talking about this, its making me depressed.

Here's some revenge for you : I won tickets this year from work to the Dodgers vs Cards for this Monday's game, and I get to sit in the Dugout Suite seats right behind the Dodger's dugout.. Take THAT, Cards fan! The only time you'll see me rootin hard for the Dodgers!! I'll say hello to Pujols for ya

Good luck on tickets, sorry, can't help ya
    Old 08-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #101
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

So I wanna see more Love in this room. I'm a Raiders fan but I can't help it.
    Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #102
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why am I even talking to you? If I knew you were a Cards fan then I wouldn't even have acknowledged your presence...

Yeah after this last week of deplorable baseball from the Cubbies, I've given up on our chances this year. We're injured all to hell, didn't make a trade before the deadline, and the Cards got way stronger with their trades and Carpenter's health.... I gotta stop talking about this, its making me depressed.

Here's some revenge for you : I won tickets this year from work to the Dodgers vs Cards for this Monday's game, and I get to sit in the Dugout Suite seats right behind the Dodger's dugout.. Take THAT, Cards fan! The only time you'll see me rootin hard for the Dodgers!! I'll say hello to Pujols for ya

Good luck on tickets, sorry, can't help ya
    Cubs need to realize that Piniella isn't the answer - only part of the problem. They shoulda sold to Cuban - that would have scared the shit out of us Cardinals fans.

Have fun Monday! I don't begrudge you that at all - root for the Dodgers. Its what makes baseball fun! (Well - not rooting for the Dodgers - but rooting against your team's rival.) I've seen many great games at Wrigley - Cards vs Cubs. Was there for that game when Sosa homered once and McGwire twice to take the home run lead back. Great, great times. Wrigely is a very special place - wish all parks could be like that.

Was watching the Cards/Padres game tonight - announcers said the Cards were going to be in San Diego next weekend - got all excited. Found seats - good hotel in the gas lamp district - then remembered we're taking My wife's son's nephew (long story) to see Green Day next Saturday night here in Phoenix. Don't get me wrong - I really like Green Day and they put on an awesome show - but the fleeting hope of getting out of this furnace, hanging in San Diego, and watching the Cards was pretty enticing.

I generally don't like athletes who wear their Christianity on their sleeve - but I will say that Pujols and Kurt Warner are two that really seem to walk the walk - and I have a tremendous amount of respect for that. Got to meet Warner once - just a class guy. Seems Pujols is the same.

Any chance you're going to Phish's Indio Festival?
    Old 08-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #103
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So I wanna see more Love in this room. I'm a Raiders fan but I can't help it.
    Love it. Raider nation in effect. Watched the game last night on the pc. And today on high def on the big screen. Still a boy just bigger toys and such.
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #104
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Hiya Irvine fans and friends.

Did you know at one point the Raiders were threatening to move to Irvine and the Irwindale if I'm not mistaken. This is when they were in LA actually.

Back to Irvine, what's up? Mornin!
    Old 08-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #105
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott

Location: Toups Town - Commissioner of Story Telling. Seal Beach

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

New videos at www.​simply-​mad.​com, click on film & video link. Also dont forget time is nearing for my documentary so now is a good time to help support the cause, http:​/​/​toupstownusa.​com/​index.​php?​page=​support_​the_​cause .
    “In theory- Theory is the same as practice, In practice- Theory is no where near practice“ “E as in David” “You can't call it all day drinking unless you start in the morning” “A is for Absinthe” “Straight to forever”
    www.toupstownusa.com www.simply-mad.com “I wont get a hangover if I don't quit drinking”
    Simply-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #106
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Just listening to the upcoming Live Trax release and it sounds pretty good. But not as good as these live shows are gonna sound!
    Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #107
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hiya Irvine fans and friends.

Did you know at one point the Raiders were threatening to move to Irvine and the Irwindale if I'm not mistaken. This is when they were in LA actually.

Back to Irvine, what's up? Mornin!
    I have an old school hat that says Sacramento Raiders. Sactown being my hometown. I think Al had a list of 20 places to move to in Cali.
    Old 08-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #108
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have an old school hat that says Sacramento Raiders. Sactown being my hometown. I think Al had a list of 20 places to move to in Cali.

...was it only 20?

On the other hand, are you ready to Rock?!
    Old 08-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #109
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ...was it only 20?

On the other hand, are you ready to Rock?!
    I am ready to rock, dance and sing all weekend long here in 4 weeks!!
    Old 08-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #110
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

4 weeks, I'll be gettin ready to head to the lot.
    Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #111
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Cubs need to realize that Piniella isn't the answer - only part of the problem. They shoulda sold to Cuban - that would have scared the shit out of us Cardinals fans.

Have fun Monday! I don't begrudge you that at all - root for the Dodgers. Its what makes baseball fun! (Well - not rooting for the Dodgers - but rooting against your team's rival.) I've seen many great games at Wrigley - Cards vs Cubs. Was there for that game when Sosa homered once and McGwire twice to take the home run lead back. Great, great times. Wrigely is a very special place - wish all parks could be like that.

Was watching the Cards/Padres game tonight - announcers said the Cards were going to be in San Diego next weekend - got all excited. Found seats - good hotel in the gas lamp district - then remembered we're taking My wife's son's nephew (long story) to see Green Day next Saturday night here in Phoenix. Don't get me wrong - I really like Green Day and they put on an awesome show - but the fleeting hope of getting out of this furnace, hanging in San Diego, and watching the Cards was pretty enticing.

I generally don't like athletes who wear their Christianity on their sleeve - but I will say that Pujols and Kurt Warner are two that really seem to walk the walk - and I have a tremendous amount of respect for that. Got to meet Warner once - just a class guy. Seems Pujols is the same.

Any chance you're going to Phish's Indio Festival?
    You know I have been trying to decide whether to go to the Phish Festival in Indio for a while now. I've never seen Phish live, nor am I really a Phish fan, but I would like to check it out because it looks like a really fun time. Since I haven't been able to go to the Gorge the last 3 years now, I would like to have a shot at the glory of camping 3-4 days in a row and just kickin' back. Plus I live in the IE and it wouldn't be that far of a drive at all.
    I really wanna see what they do for their "play an entire album" night!

And my birthday is Oct 28 so it would kinda be a birthday show weekend for me

Did you happen to scoop up those tickets that guy was posting for the Irvine show?

So its Sunday and I'm doing some housecleaning and watching the Central Park DVD... Haven't watched it in years, and I forgot what a great show it was... I didn't realize how hard it is for me to see Roi up there, man it sucks
    Old 08-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #112
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You know I have been trying to decide whether to go to the Phish Festival in Indio for a while now. I've never seen Phish live, nor am I really a Phish fan, but I would like to check it out because it looks like a really fun time. Since I haven't been able to go to the Gorge the last 3 years now, I would like to have a shot at the glory of camping 3-4 days in a row and just kickin' back. Plus I live in the IE and it wouldn't be that far of a drive at all.

Did you happen to scoop up those tickets that guy was posting for the Irvine show?

So its Sunday and I'm doing some housecleaning and watching the Central Park DVD... Haven't watched it in years, and I forgot what a great show it was... I didn't realize how hard it is for me to see Roi up there, man it sucks
    Same here on Phish. Never seen them - kinda like their music. My wife's son is a big fan - he's been to over 100 shows. So they plan is to head down on Saturday and try to get the Saturday/Sunday shows. There is a monkey wrench looming though - he and his wife are expecting their first child in mid October. So we'll see how that all plays out. Would kinda like to see them - but no way I'm camping. Way, way too old for that!

I think he's going to sell the tickets to me - waiting to hear back on payment, though.

IE = ?
    Old 08-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #113
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Same here on Phish. Never seen them - kinda like their music. My wife's son is a big fan - he's been to over 100 shows. So they plan is to head down on Saturday and try to get the Saturday/Sunday shows. There is a monkey wrench looming though - he and his wife are expecting their first child in mid October. So we'll see how that all plays out. Would kinda like to see them - but no way I'm camping. Way, way too old for that!

I think he's going to sell the tickets to me - waiting to hear back on payment, though.

IE = ?
    good luck on the tix, sound like pretty good seats

sorry I thought you were from SoCal, not AZ. IE = Inland Empire, the area north of Orange County and closer to Palm Springs, Veges, etc.

Yeah I'm 30 and I think my camping days may be limited so I wanna try to go before I feel weird about the whole thing. If it fits your personality, then hey why not?
    I'd prefer the Gorge however because that place will always be like my concert home... seen dmb there in 00,01,02,03,04 & 06. That place will always be special to me.
    Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #114
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    good luck on the tix, sound like pretty good seats

sorry I thought you were from SoCal, not AZ. IE = Inland Empire, the area north of Orange County and closer to Palm Springs, Veges, etc.

Yeah I'm 30 and I think my camping days may be limited so I wanna try to go before I feel weird about the whole thing. If it fits your personality, then hey why not?
    I'd prefer the Gorge however because that place will always be like my concert home... seen dmb there in 00,01,02,03,04 & 06. That place will always be special to me.
    Inland Empire - was thinking IE meant Internet Explorer.

I'm 47 and my camping days are WAY behind me. The Gorge is a great place - went there for the first time last year. Love it as a venue. The only downside to it for DMB is since they're there near the end of their tours - Dave's voice is going by N2 and basically shot by N3. This year may be different though since they've got the 2 week break right before it. If I had to pick one place to see my last show - the Gorge would be it.
    Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #115
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yay!! Halloween show. I got my tics for sure and I will be doing the camping thing for the first few nights. Never been to a Phish show either but the room mate followed them for a couple of years so its like a got a guide for the weekend.
    Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #116
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yay!! Halloween show. I got my tics for sure and I will be doing the camping thing for the first few nights. Never been to a Phish show either but the room mate followed them for a couple of years so its like a got a guide for the weekend.
    Kind of a fun - and related - read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/fa...1&ref=weddings
    Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #117
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Kind of a fun - and related - read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/fa...1&ref=weddings
    Funny how the Phish deal was more of a thing to overcome than the other.
    Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #118
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Hello Irvine Thread and friends. What's up? No love for Irvine today?
    Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #119
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

cool, nice to have a guide because I know if I go then I'm gonna be lost on the songs and the cultural differences between dmb fans/camping and the phish way of doing things

I have run into a lot of phish fans that were pretty much anti-dmb, and with some surprising aggression. Seemed kinda weird to me, I think they resented the fact that Phish was The Jam Band and people threw dmb in with them as "jam bands" which irritated them... I dunno, I'm sure that's already been hashed out in other threads a million times over.
    I wanna go and have a good time and I'm sure it will be a cool time. Its fun experiencing new bands in concert, I'm pretty open to that.
    Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #120
    ProudestMonkE41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Inland Empire - was thinking IE meant Internet Explorer.

I'm 47 and my camping days are WAY behind me. The Gorge is a great place - went there for the first time last year. Love it as a venue. The only downside to it for DMB is since they're there near the end of their tours - Dave's voice is going by N2 and basically shot by N3. This year may be different though since they've got the 2 week break right before it. If I had to pick one place to see my last show - the Gorge would be it.
    I know its prob pretty cliché, but The Gorge will always have special memories and meanings for me. Its the combo of the 3 days dmb, 4 days of camping, and the fact that its in the middle of nowhere makes it like going on a cruise. On a cruise, you are away from your home and your ability to travel and work, etc. At the Gorge, you are absolutely stuck out there and you have to do nothing but kick back all day with your hacky sack and frisbee and music and friends and just do nothing but relax and party. Its a ..... unique situation thats heaven for dmb fans... ah, I think y'all get the point, I'll quit blathering now...

Tags
    irvine , summer 2009