Citi Field N2 review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > Just Got Back From The Show!
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
The-Last-Stop

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Citi Field N2 review

Got into the city around 4 or so and tailgated in this beautiful parking lot across the street and under a bridge. We had our chairs set up on the outskirts towards the front of the lot about 10 feet away from the harbor, overlooking laguardia and a few marinas, awesome spot to have a few beers and grill up some food. We headed into the show around 7:20 and were in our seats right around 745 and we caught the last 2 or 3 songs from ZBB, they were pretty tight although I must say I do hate that Chicken Fried song lol. Overall the tailgate and opening band was one of the most enjoyable I have had this year.

The Stone- Doesnt get much better than this one to open a show with, at first I couldnt hear Dave's guitar riff but once it registered with me that it was the Stone I lost it, amazing. Great version and the end jam over the past two years or so has been unreal, jeff kills it and Dave puts alot of emotion into his vocals.

Warehouse- This was the one I really wanted to get and I did. I went to Hartford and SPAC and they didnt start playing it until a few shows later. The UTTAD intro is absolutely great and blows the woo's out of the water. Dave's voice was on and Carter and boyd sounded great. The salsa jam was also enjoyable and they turned the volume up on this one because it seemed much louder than the Stone, great version chekc the tapes.

OSW- Thank god the intro is back because it is a great piece of music, after Dave played the riff a few times through I was hoping the band would chime in and sure enough they did, the crowd loved it. OSW itself was standard which also means that it was great.

Funny- I took a pee pee break during this one but got back for the last portion of it from Tim's solo and on, good song.

Seek Up- Didn't expect this one to pop up. Intro sounded great with Rashawn and Jeff going back and forth. Boyd rocked the outro and Dave put it some fantastic wails, he took a different take on them then I have heard and I thought it worked really well. Always good to hear, great version.

Seven- Dave mentioned he loves this song as he usually does and that they were going to play it again. Standard version but this song is top tier from BWGK for me so I am always joyed to hear it.

Squirm- This song is bumping this year, overall a great performance and Dave and Stefan sound great on this one. Although, I think SPAC N2s may have been a little better.

Crash- Fan favorite, one of my favorites. Tasty beats.

YMDT- I tend to enjoy this song a little more than most on the boards here so I was glad to hear it start. Boyd, Rashawn, Jeff, and Tim all turn this song into quite the beast once the jam starts. Dave sounded good on the outro. Also, tasty beats.

PM>Satellite- I love both of these tunes and I thought that Proudest Monkey could have been a little tighter, the New York New York interpolation would have probably been cool if I could have ehard it, my section got a bit chatty during this one. Timmy sounded nice on his solo as did Carter; those two take this one to the next level. Satellite was standard but as always, wonderful.

Spaceman- Standard version. I actually rested my legs and sat down for the first part of the song until Rashawn's solo. Decent tune, average version. Not a horrible song to hear at shows but I think they should have thrown something else in this slot. No complaints though...then it went into>

Dancing Nancies- Great version, Dave threw in the "lost somewhere in Flushing" which was actually the first time I have seen him do it. This song is one of those for me that is a favorite but I don't listen to very often on CD for whatever reason. I always enjoy seeing it pop up at a show and this was no exception. Carter, Daves guitar, and Boyd sounded fantastic for the jam. This was a pretty tight version, probably the tightest of the tour so far from the tapes I have heard. --->

Gravedigger- I thought it was Say Goodbye for the first minute or two of Carter's little intro. I enjoy Gravedigger but after thinking I was going to hear Say Goodbye, Gravedigger was a bit of a buzzkill lol. Still a good song and a standard version.

(Black Jack)- Had no clue what this was obviously. Couldn't really hear Dave's few lyrics because our section got a bit chatty during this one as well. I enjoyed the music from what I could hear and the little breakdown at the end reminded me of one of those little snippets between songs on BTCS.

Stay- Crowd really got crazy for this one and people in my section were dancing up and down the rows. During the end jam I had a dance off in our row. Me and my friend were kind of battling this kid down the row. We were doing different sports motions in a dancing fashion which we deemed appropriate considering the venue. I would pitch him the ball in sync and he would do an exxagerated dancing swing and I would catch it, i dunno it was a blast thought. then we moved on to bowling and tennis. Had a blast during this one.

Two Step- I thought they were going to close with Stay but instead they decided to play one of the best Two Steps I have ever heard. Can't really say much about this one other then grab the tapes. Boner.

------------------------------

Some Devil- Dave's voice sounded noticeably fantastic on this performance. He usually has some trouble with this one but he really nailed it. Great job dave.

Shake Me- I dig this song and although I would have rathered have heard a classic or something that could get jammed out a bit, I cant find it in my heart to complain about this song. Great tune, and it has really tightened up live over the past year or so.

Stefan> AATW - Saw this close in Hartford and SPAC so I was a bit underwhelmed when Stefan started his solo, but they played a pretty fantastic version of this tune and I was singing and dancing my ass off. Tim sounded great and I thought that Boyd sounded even better.

Overall it was a great day topped off by a great show, I would love to catch another show by any band at Citi it was a really nice place to see a concert. Hope you enjoyed the review!

"Sweet sugar lips, push from the hips, woman looks just like love, Without a care, she floats above, She's got me down here looking up."~DJM
The-Last-Stop is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here