Dave had security pull us backstage tonight! - Page 15 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > Epic Threads

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-25-2022, 07:17 AM   #421
Foreverford05
Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave had security pull us backstage tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes101190 View Post
So, who wants to break the news?
Still the best post.
Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #422
    Lulu1975

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

This.....was entertaining. I've laughed, I've cried...but I am very late to this and am so confused about Keira Knightly and her part in this story.
    Lulu1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 08:05 PM   #423
    GraceBuckley

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by claytonabbott10 View Post
    Somehow I forgot all about this thread and forgot to share that there was a second encounter with my sister and Dave. No we didn’t get pulled backstage, but at Deer Creek N2 in 2018 my sister and I were a couple rows back in the pit again. Of course she was trying to get Butterfly played as she still loves it... but after the encore Dave pointed at her and said “My Butterfly.” Then proceeded to instruct the people in front of us to hand her one of his guitar pics. I managed to get that part on video. I’m sure if there’s a video or audio of the end of the show you’ll hear him. A friend who was in the own and new the original story text me and said “DID HE JUST SAY MY BUTTERFLY?!” Crazy to think that 6 years later, he recalled that crazy hair girl in the first few rows of the pit.
    Oh wow, glad this thread got resurrected, I missed this update! That is so cool "My Butterfly", what an amazing memory Dave has! And how amazingly memorable your sister and you are
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-10-2022, 01:44 PM   #424
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lulu1975 View Post
    This.....was entertaining. I've laughed, I've cried...but I am very late to this and am so confused about Keira Knightly and her part in this story.
    Probably some crazy ass theory people on the boards were spreading at the time. Although I guess she was on a talk show with Dave circa 2012, so perhaps related?

TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-05-2022, 04:09 AM   #425
    Lulu1975

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TempHelpNeeded View Post
    Probably some crazy ass theory people on the boards were spreading at the time. Although I guess she was on a talk show with Dave circa 2012, so perhaps related?
    Hey, thanks. I tried looking up the Tonight show episode but couldn't find it.
    Lulu1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2023, 08:19 PM   #426
    CryFreedom17

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by claytonabbott10 View Post
    So tonight in Louisville myself (21) and my younger sister (18) were in about the 3rd row center. Throughout the night it seemed as if Dave were looking straight at us, however it always feels like that. Well then he started pointing at my sister and giving her a thumbs up and pointing to his hair (she has a unique hairstyle). Later on in the show she put her hands in the air and did as you would if you were making a bird in a shadow, symbolizing she wanted to hear butterfly, and he did the hand sign back. So the show went on and right at the end of Christmas Song security was walking the rail looking for someone, he finally found my little sister and said "come with me." So naturally I wasn't going to let us get split up since I had no idea what was going on. The guy walks us backstage and tells us to wait. We were able to see Halloween and Billies from just off the side of the stage standing right next to Jimmy Cliff. Immediately after the encore ended, Dave left the stage, walked up to me and my sister and said follow me. We went to his dressing room and had a 15 minute conversation with him. He said that he found my little sister "unique and fun to look at, so I just wanted to say hello." My sister who is an art student began discussing his art form with him and we got a lot of cool background on the AFTW artwork as well as his history. I asked him how often he pulls people from the crowd like that and he said "I've actually never done this! Well at least not that I can remember." This was truly an unbelievable experience for me, and so I figured I'd share it with my fellow ants!

So 13 years later and we are still 99% sure that Dave was looking to plow this girl until he saw the brother tagged along right?
    CryFreedom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-14-2023, 11:41 AM   #427
    Mountains#41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    I do NOT think he's into actual necrophelia. I really don't have any reason to think that. I DO ABSOLUTELY think he finds women who are not afraid to deal with dead bodies - living women who aren't afraid to deal with dead bodies - very very "intriguing".

But I'm glad you asked, because I definitely don't want what I said to lead to a rumor he's into sex with dead bodies. Dave has some twisted hysterical ideas, but I"m gonna guess that that sex with dead people is even out of bounds for Dave!
    Weird weird weird.. what a weird thing to discuss Grace. hmmm
    Mountains#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    autograph , backstage , dave , louisville , lvoe , meet