Official Phish Discussion - Page 2237 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-07-2021, 05:49 AM   #67081
TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Phish Discussion

Theres no way indoor shows on the front end of the tour happen, I highly doubt Hershey will happen either.

That "announcement" about CA being open in the summer is completely circumstantial and has no bearing on what these venues, let alone the band themselves are comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #67082
    crush_me_16125

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Theres no way indoor shows on the front end of the tour happen, I highly doubt Hershey will happen either.

That "announcement" about CA being open in the summer is completely circumstantial and has no bearing on what these venues, let alone the band themselves are comfortable with.
    I think the comfort of the venues has little to do with anything. You don’t think Live Nation would open their venues at 100% tomorrow if given the green light?

Perhaps some bands have some varying degrees of comfort involved in the decision, whether that be personal safety or some ethical concerns about ancillary being involved with increasing infections. But let’s not get this twisted, shows are still limited primary (I would say in most cases solely) based off local restrictions.
    crush_me_16125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2021, 06:57 AM   #67083
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Phish isnt band that is going to play shows until 4/4 guys on stage are 100% comfortable with what happens with the crowd. They arent going to do limited capacity bc of the financial aspect, and all it takes is one of the four being weary about whatever detail it is to nix shows.

It just seems like things are entirely too much in the air to realistically have shows any time before August at absolute earliest, and even that would probably depend on a vax passport or some way to prove everyone going to the show is healthy, and the passport isnt going to get federal backing anyway, which leaves it up to states. I just have a very hard time believing these guys are going to do anything other than play it as safe as absolute possible since they are more than aware of how any show is going to get people traveling from all over the US.

Quote:
    Old 04-07-2021, 07:52 AM   #67084
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Phish isnt band that is going to play shows until 4/4 guys on stage are 100% comfortable with what happens with the crowd. They arent going to do limited capacity bc of the financial aspect, and all it takes is one of the four being weary about whatever detail it is to nix shows.

It just seems like things are entirely too much in the air to realistically have shows any time before August at absolute earliest, and even that would probably depend on a vax passport or some way to prove everyone going to the show is healthy, and the passport isnt going to get federal backing anyway, which leaves it up to states. I just have a very hard time believing these guys are going to do anything other than play it as safe as absolute possible since they are more than aware of how any show is going to get people traveling from all over the US.
    That may be true, not even disagreeing with the first part. I still contend that for the vast majority of situations the “comfort of the venues and band” has almost nothing to do with the decision on when they will start playing full venues. Phish may be one of the few examples of this not being the case, although that’s pure speculation.

In terms of the effects of a Phish tour on Covid, I mean they may think it would have a substantial impact but the reality it almost certainly would not. I wouldn’t fault them for erroring on the side of caution IF that’s their concern, although practically it would have very little impact. I’m been traveling via planes throughout the duration of the pandemic, there wasn’t a single month where I didn’t take at least one round trip flight (essentially worker, healthcare field). I was flying when there were literally less than 10 people on the plane in March/April 2020. But I assure you, those days are long since past, and people have been back to traveling in mass numbers for at least 6 months now, probably closer to 9. The first 100% full plane I was on was in August. Nearly every flight I’ve been on in the last 6 months has been at or near capacity (granted Delta is still blocking middle seats but others aren’t and haven’t been for 6 months or more). I say all that to say that people are traveling, in mass numbers, and to think there would be any substantial impact from the current dates on the phish tour to increase that is just a bit silly. Sure the argument could be made about mass gatherings being a risk, but by the time Phish tour roles around literally anyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten one. Not to mention those who are even going to Phish in general would be a low risk population, plus what is our current high risk population vaccination rate at already, I’m not sure but hve read (specifically on NYT) that those >65 years are already at 75% vaccination level. Point being any thoughts that a Phish tour specifically would have a substantial impact on covid infection rate is probably misinformed. Granted if they want to error on the side of super conservatism because they fear having a negative impact on others I completely understand that, it is what i would say is altruistically egocentric and certainly well intentioned, although not really accurate.
    Old 04-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #67085
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Thank you to all who provided help and insight on starting with Phish!

Live Alpine 2010 came on and I listened to the whole thing yesterday and today.

It’s just all so good. Not one skippable moment.
    That Down With Disease> What’s the Use is where it’s at. Can believe that was 11 years ago. I had just started getting really into Phish around those Alpine shows. What a ride it’s been. Hope your able to catch these guys soon! You will be blown away.
    Old 04-07-2021, 11:56 AM   #67086
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

I just can't see them rolling the dice this year on having another festival fuck up.
    Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #67087
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NextMovement41 View Post
    I just can't see them rolling the dice this year on having another festival fuck up.
    exactly.

they are going to do it right - their next festival - and 2021 is not the time for it.
    Old 04-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #67088
    laverwater

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    exactly.

they are going to do it right - their next festival - and 2021 is not the time for it.
    Can you imagine the crowd they'd have show up for it? Would be insane.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #67089
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Interesting post from Facebook form a guy that ran into trey. Sounds like summer isn’t happening, maybe Dicks?
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg F1F81FBC-F9F4-4E5B-B960-6DB5DBD548B7.jpg (96.1 KB, 36 views)
    File Type: jpg F9FE8D7F-B53D-4673-9BD5-CC0DE437D590.jpg (87.5 KB, 31 views)

Quote:
    Old 04-11-2021, 07:33 AM   #67090
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

What I think is interesting is it sounds like they haven't even made the call on summer. Definitely think they're planning on it not happening but at the same time it sounds like its still up in the air. I'd be surprised if we got summer tour but fall sounds completely on the table. Wonder if it'd be a new tour route or the same places just moved back in the year.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #67091
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

What a bad ass interaction. Trey is just such the man. If what the guy posted is accurate it sounds like reading between the lines that Trey is optimistic for Dick ‘s. Yet not so optimistic about summer. Which is probably fair in terms of where to place ones optimism. That being said it definitely seems that things are still up in the air. If they had absolutely no intentions of playing no matter what, then they would have canceled the tour already. Why would they just drag everyone on if they knew they were going to cancel regardless.

Speaking of live music, Suwannee Rising was amazing. It was so awesome to be able to see live music in that setting again. Some great sets, fantastic atmosphere, the vast vast majority of people were really well behaved in terms of the social distancing guidelines. I am really just grateful to Paul and everyone who put that amazing event on, it was really really needed and greatly appreciated. Also,Consider me a PODS fan for life. I am not even exaggerating one bit when I say that was by far the most pleasant way I have ever caught a concert. Having that amount of space well still being close to th e stage, being able to spread out your stuff, bring your own drinks lots of space for chairs and everything, no reason to leave the pod really for anything except going to the bathroom if you had to. It was honestly just awesome. I would unquestionably spend twice the amount of money of a typical concert ticket to have that kind of set up.
    Old 04-13-2021, 12:22 PM   #67092
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

am i the only one taking that fan interaction w/trey with a grain of salt?

random guy meets trey out and about and there's a snowball's chance in hell that trey is gonna give any sort of insider info about what's gonna happen. yes, he's friendly and gracious to fans, but that doesnt mean he's gonna be all like "oh sure i've never met you but here's the scoop..." trey aint dumb, he's been in the biz a long time and knows what he should and shouldnt say

perhaps he doesnt know allllll the details about if/when/how they're getting back on stage together, but i'd be shocked if he doesnt know anything at all.

also, there's a vid of that interaction
    https://twitter.com/PhishatMSG/statu...5Es2_&ref_url=

looks like the fan was secretly recording trey at first. kinda sketch.
    Old 04-13-2021, 12:27 PM   #67093
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    am i the only one taking that fan interaction w/trey with a grain of salt?

random guy meets trey out and about and there's a snowball's chance in hell that trey is gonna give any sort of insider info about what's gonna happen. yes, he's friendly and gracious to fans, but that doesnt mean he's gonna be all like "oh sure i've never met you but here's the scoop..." trey aint dumb, he's been in the biz a long time and knows what he should and shouldnt say

perhaps he doesnt know allllll the details about if/when/how they're getting back on stage together, but i'd be shocked if he doesnt know anything at all.

also, there's a vid of that interaction
    https://twitter.com/PhishatMSG/statu...5Es2_&ref_url=

looks like the fan was secretly recording trey at first. kinda sketch.
    Im not sure what you mean by trey giving a scoop. He didnt give any kind of clear answer on anything that wasnt something that were already seeing play out in the industry with acts bumping tours to next summer and rescheduling.

What he said wasnt even entirely optimistic "I sure hope im playing music by Sept." and "I have to keep up hope"

Youre really doing a galaxy brain take if youre imagining trey did this to throw us off the scent or something lol

Quote:
    Old 04-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #67094
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Interesting post from Facebook form a guy that ran into trey. Sounds like summer isn’t happening, maybe Dicks?
    I love reading stories like this. What a guy. I don't really get starstruck, but I know my heart would be racing meeting someone like Trey or Dave.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2021, 12:54 PM   #67095
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Im not sure what you mean by trey giving a scoop. He didnt give any kind of clear answer on anything that wasnt something that were already seeing play out in the industry with acts bumping tours to next summer and rescheduling.

What he said wasnt even entirely optimistic "I sure hope im playing music by Sept." and "I have to keep up hope"

Youre really doing a galaxy brain take if youre imagining trey did this to throw us off the scent or something lol
    did you watch the video? i feel like the fan probably came off douchey to trey and trey was just 'going thru the motions' to get the guy off his back about whether or not they're gonna play this year

"hey fan i've never met who's rattling off bands that are postponing summer shows already to find out if phish is going to follow suit, lemme tell you what's gonna happen"

i mean, what did the fan think trey was gonna tell him? trey was perfectly non-commital in his response "I hope we're playing by september." that means nothing

it would be great to meet trey, but did that guy really think he was going to get trey to spill the beans? and its clear hes secretly recording the first part of that convo and then he asks trey to say something to his wife and thats when he lifts the camera up

its douchey.

Last edited by mr. testaverde; 04-13-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    mr. testaverde is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #67096
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    did you watch the video? i feel like the fan probably came off douchey to trey and trey was just 'going thru the motions' to get the guy off his back about whether or not they're gonna play this year

"hey fan i've never met who's rattling off bands that are postponing summer shows already to find out if phish is going to follow suit, lemme tell you what's gonna happen"

i mean, what did the fan think trey was gonna tell him? trey was perfectly non-commital in his response "I hope we're playing by september." that means nothing

it would be great to meet trey, but did that guy really think he was going to get trey to spill the beans? and its clear hes secretly recording the first part of that convo and then he asks trey to say something to his wife and thats when he lifts the camera up

its douchey.

It didnt come off that way at all. There were a few videos and more pics on the actual FB post, trey yelled the guy's kid's name to come over and say hi. He was being very nice and genuine.

Id assume Trey doesnt have a hard date on anything himself, things still seem so up in the air. I cant blame the guy for trying to ask, its literally on everyone's mind every day and im sure Trey expected it when he agreed to stop and chat.

Quote:
    Old 04-13-2021, 01:04 PM   #67097
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It didnt come off that way at all. There were a few videos and more pics on the actual FB post, trey yelled the guy's kid's name to come over and say hi. He was being very nice and genuine.

Id assume Trey doesnt have a hard date on anything himself, things still seem so up in the air. I cant blame the guy for trying to ask, its literally on everyone's mind every day and im sure Trey expected it when he agreed to stop and chat.
    perhaps i'll have to find those other videos, i only saw the one i linked above. i still stick by my point though - trey aint gonna dish out any major details beyond surface level "i cant wait to play!" kinda stuff

Last edited by mr. testaverde; 04-13-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    mr. testaverde is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #67098
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    perhaps i'll have to find those other videos, i only saw the one i linked above. i still stick by my point though - trey aint gonna dish out any major details beyond surface level "i cant wait to play!" kinda stuff
    I mean, sure. But what he said is pretty much directly in line with any trickle of inside information that has come from either this board about DMB or the phish rumor mill. No one is expecting any kind of these large scale concerts before labor day at best.

Quote:
    Old 04-13-2021, 01:45 PM   #67099
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone know anything about this Lawn Boy vinyl for pre order?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092CBN8L2...8343168&sr=8-5
    Old 04-13-2021, 09:45 PM   #67100
    SpartanPhish87

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Trey is a mensch.

I hope they are playing soon.

The Cluster Flies release looks fucking awesome. https://www.jambase.com/article/clus...pilation-album

I love Phish.
    SpartanPhish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2021, 07:07 AM   #67101
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RAPUNZEL13 View Post
    Anyone know anything about this Lawn Boy vinyl for pre order?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092CBN8L2...8343168&sr=8-5
    That color is sweet. Also like that price point. Much cheaper than their previous releases.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2021, 07:45 AM   #67102
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    That color is sweet. Also like that price point. Much cheaper than their previous releases.
    Agreed on both. Kinda curious to see what Dry Goods releases. I still do not have Lawn Boy. So will be getting either way.
    Old 04-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #67103
    dmbfd15

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Definitely picked up the new Lawn Boy pressing. Now I’ve got on vinyl

-Lawn Boy
    -Picture of Nectar
    -Story of a Ghost
    -Sigma Oasis
    -NYE box set

NEED Junta but I believe that will happen when it happens...repress of Farmhouse wouldn’t suck either
    dmbfd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #67104
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

That Divided Sky song series print today.... woof.

These have all been pretty underwhelming, even the Welker.

Quote:
    Old 04-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #67105
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

Broke open my Story of a Ghost and side A of red disc is warped. Kind of disappointed. Anyone had issues with their Ghost press?

Just opened my Picture of Nectar for first time since I bought in 2014. And it’s absolute perfection. Incredible release all around. Kind of bitter sweet. Bought it from a record store that I absolutely loved. They were closing in a matter of days and I saw the Nectar album in “reserves”. Nobody had actually bought it but someone had called in saying they wanted. I went back three days in a row and finally they sold it to me. Last album I bought from that store.
    Old 04-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #67106
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfd15 View Post
    Definitely picked up the new Lawn Boy pressing. Now I’ve got on vinyl

-Lawn Boy
    -Picture of Nectar
    -Story of a Ghost
    -Sigma Oasis
    -NYE box set

NEED Junta but I believe that will happen when it happens...repress of Farmhouse wouldn’t suck either
    Jealous of that NYE set. High on my list.

I’ve currently got:
    -Junta
    -Rift
    -Billy Breathes
    -Story of the Ghost
    -Fuego
    - Sigma Oasis

Definitely will be snagging Lawn Boy. Gotta get Hoist, Nectar, Bakers Dozen. And so many more lol. Don’t have enough Phish on vinyl.
    Old 04-15-2021, 05:01 AM   #67107
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That Divided Sky song series print today.... woof.

These have all been pretty underwhelming, even the Welker.
    Completely agree on that Divided Sky one, hope it appeals to some people though as everyone’s taste is different in that kinda thing.

Also, maybe I need to start getting into vinyl. I have lots of great audio equipment but never dabbled in vinyl.
    Old 04-15-2021, 06:02 AM   #67108
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crush_me_16125 View Post
    Completely agree on that Divided Sky one, hope it appeals to some people though as everyone’s taste is different in that kinda thing.

Also, maybe I need to start getting into vinyl. I have lots of great audio equipment but never dabbled in vinyl.
    They sold 1500 of them in minutes, so I guess some people liked them.

Spending $60 on a litho is crazy to me. Makes that one even worse that it wasnt a screen print.

Quote:
    Old 04-15-2021, 06:16 AM   #67109
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

I’m not one to overly criticize art seeing as I have little to no artistic ability myself but...that Divided Sky print was embarrassing. It looks like someone took a Miyazaki movie poster and then used clip art for the very first time to change around the colors so they don’t get caught with plagiarism.
    Old 04-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #67110
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They sold 1500 of them in minutes, so I guess some people liked them.

Spending $60 on a litho is crazy to me. Makes that one even worse that it wasnt a screen print.
    I admittedly don’t know the difference but I’m assuming screen print is the normal method for the official phish posters and litho is more “regular” poster?

Tags
    phish