2021/COVID Venue Policies - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-28-2021, 04:30 AM   #61
monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021/COVID Venue Policies

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
have everyone show proof of vaccination, negative test, sign a waiver, or just suggest masks, and let's do this thing.

we know enough by now.

if you're high risk, or just uneasy in general, then stay home.
That's good and all but if local state guidelines are different and cannot allow 100% capacity the shows in that state have to be cancelled or move to 2022.

If the band sold new tickets for 2021 and had 75% capacity it would have been easier to bet on all shows going as planned. The big concern is if local officials in Washington State or New York or any northern venue has spikes or concerns of variants that beat the vaccine they could shut down 100% capacity shows in the late summer/fall

You have towns like Morrison Colorado who just yesterday aren't allowing The Revivalists have a 100% capacity show in June and forcing them to move that show with Preservation Hall Jazz Band to 2022 and having a new show with limited capacity for mid June in 2021.

All it takes is once city one county or one state in a Gorge or SPAC to shut this joint down if there are concerns in the late summer/fall. Hence why i didn't think DMB would be this ballsy to call their shot and say "fck it full capcity shows with pits all late summer of 2021 b$%ches!" especially with how cautious fonz and dave have been.
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-28-2021, 06:07 AM   #62
    abul_aziz

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

OK... so say that we're a month away from a show in Town XYZ and the capacity is limited to 75% .... How do you eliminate 25% of the tickets at that point? Seems impossible.
    abul_aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:09 AM   #63
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abul_aziz View Post
    OK... so say that we're a month away from a show in Town XYZ and the capacity is limited to 75% .... How do you eliminate 25% of the tickets at that point? Seems impossible.
    If there are capacity restrictions at any venue come show time, the shows will either be cancelled or postponed, there are really no other legitimate options.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:28 AM   #64
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

another thing no one is taking in to account...

these venues have a legal capacity higher than what they usually sell tickets for..

I know that might not help if the demand is extra high this year because people are itching to get out, but very rarely are DMB shows sold out.
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #65
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

example :

restaurants have a capacity limit of 75%, but that doesn't mean 75% of physical SEATS in the establishment. it's 75% of legal fire code capacity. that number is much higher than the actual number of seats.
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:37 AM   #66
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    another thing no one is taking in to account...

these venues have a legal capacity higher than what they usually sell tickets for..

I know that might not help if the demand is extra high this year because people are itching to get out, but very rarely are DMB shows sold out.
    I think that would be a very hard thing to sell to a state governing body with restrictions.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:39 AM   #67
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    I think that would be a very hard thing to sell to a state governing body with restrictions.
    what are you talking about? what would be hard to sell?

a legal fire code capacity is what it is..
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:41 AM   #68
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

SPAC capacity - 25,100
    5100 seats, 20,000 lawn

75% is 18,825.

they sell 14k lawn tickets at SPAC?
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #69
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    what are you talking about? what would be hard to sell?

a legal fire code capacity is what it is..
    So since you created an example I’ll do the same. Let’s say come September SPAC n2 is officially sold out (yes, venues do sell out, no tickets available). The state for some reason has a 75% capacity restriction. You think they are gonna go to the powers that be in NY and say “yeah, it’s sold out but not really legally sold out”. If no actions are taken, you have people question how this sold out show with 25k is meeting the 75% capacity restriction.

Just how much extra legal capacity do you think these venues have?

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:45 AM   #70
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    SPAC capacity - 25,100
    5100 seats, 20,000 lawn

75% is 18,825.

they sell 14k lawn tickets at SPAC?
    Absolutely

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:51 AM   #71
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    So since you created an example I’ll do the same. Let’s say come September SPAC n2 is officially sold out (yes, venues do sell out, no tickets available). The state for some reason has a 75% capacity restriction. You think they are gonna go to the powers that be in NY and say “yeah, it’s sold out but not really legally sold out”. If no actions are taken, you have people question how this sold out show with 25k is meeting the 75% capacity restriction.

Just how much extra legal capacity do you think these venues have?
    my point wasn't that they're going to go lobby the local govt days before a show (although they should), but rather the fact that capacity limits aren't always as we perceive them.

I imagine they never actually sell to full fire code capacity. they also certainly don't only sell 75%, so there's that.

maybe they're planning on selling less lawn tickets to every show to ensure they only hit up to 75%? Adding/restricting GA lawn is a VERY easy and fluid thing they can do.

if they sell well over current covid capacity limits, and restrictions aren't lifted, then sure, the shows will have to be postponed/cancelled.

I just have to think they know more than we do about this, at least I'd sure hope so.

Last edited by madpiker; 04-28-2021 at 06:52 AM.
    Old 04-28-2021, 07:01 AM   #72
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Selling less lawn tickets would absolutely be the smart thing to do. I guess there’s really no way of knowing.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 04-28-2021, 07:39 AM   #73
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

They very well could be selling less lawn tickets right now and we have no idea, but I actually doubt it just because of how many pit tickets have been available recently for literally every show of the tour. But, I'm not in charge of course so they very well may be up to something behind the scenes. DMB likely just rolled the dice expecting a full capacity tour everywhere and will deal with any potential issues when they are closer to the shows, IMO.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 09:20 AM   #74
    nickcua
    BOWA Opener

Shows Seen: 116

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I bet they are holding back lawns at some venues.
    Old 04-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #75
    greenpeace41

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I don't know shit about fuck but I sure am glad to see concerts coming back so I'm cool with whatever.
    greenpeace41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #76
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenpeace41 View Post
    I don't know shit about fuck
    My favorite Ozarks reference, period. Hahaha
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #77
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    my point wasn't that they're going to go lobby the local govt days before a show (although they should), but rather the fact that capacity limits aren't always as we perceive them.

I imagine they never actually sell to full fire code capacity. they also certainly don't only sell 75%, so there's that.

maybe they're planning on selling less lawn tickets to every show to ensure they only hit up to 75%? Adding/restricting GA lawn is a VERY easy and fluid thing they can do.

if they sell well over current covid capacity limits, and restrictions aren't lifted, then sure, the shows will have to be postponed/cancelled.

I just have to think they know more than we do about this, at least I'd sure hope so.
    A few things wrong with this

1. GA pit being full may be against local guidelines for states like WA and NY which hold 2 of the biggest weekends of the year.

2. If the show can't be sold for 100% they have to postpone till 2022 or cancel the show regardless of ticket sales based on TM history. The revivalists moved the entire show to 2022 that was sold for full capacity because Morrison Colorado wouldn't let them play it in June. Same with Tedeschi trucks band shows that were not sold out for 2022 for early summer. Those shows weren't all sold out and were moved to 2022 and they are selling new social distant shows for 2021 in venues like Gilford NH.

3. For a venue like spac if the cap is 75% the spac lawn and crowd is more than 75% capacity based on previous attendance numbers. I think a large part of this tour wont run into that issue but WA and NY are 2 states that seem to be more strict than the mid atlantic and southern states. SPAC and Gorge being cancelled would be huge PR/Morale Blows to this tour and summer.

Everything ticketmaster has pointed to is that contractually if it was sold with the intention of 100% it has to be moved or cancelled regardless of what is sold. Also don't forget some of these current 50% and or 20% type setups require social distancing and specific charts with social distance. Washington state has a % per section that can be sold right now not overall % tickets sold.
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #78
    specialkd24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    However it's pretty ballsy to reconfigure a 2021 tour with such promotion and boldness at full capacity without an sure fire confirmation that

1. GA pits will be allowed in states like WA and NY
    2. The show will be cleared for full capacity
    3. Let fans book hotels/flights/rentals without knowing if vaccinations and or covid tests will be required within a period before the show.

Obviously things are fluid but can you imagine if 10% of gorge travelers are anti vaxers and they are told a few weeks before the show they need a negative covid test within 48 hours of the first night of the gorge in Washington?
    Good points. But that is every year. A show could be canceled not during a pandemic.

And also if they end up requiring a vaccine to go, and that takes out some people who didn't get it and think they are being micro-chipped, too bad for those people. If someone plans to spend a bunch of money and travel across the country, they should probably get the vaccine to make sure it happens.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #79
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
    Good points. But that is every year. A show could be canceled not during a pandemic.

And also if they end up requiring a vaccine to go, and that takes out some people who didn't get it and think they are being micro-chipped, too bad for those people. If someone plans to spend a bunch of money and travel across the country, they should probably get the vaccine to make sure it happens.
    Doubtful they will require a vaccine. The sports and entertainment standard so far has been negative test and or proof of vaccination. Even as ballsy as the move is to announce a tour with uncertainty LN having a vax or kick rocks policy would have required them to be more forthcoming before any full capacity show was announced.

And while cancellations can happen to any show this is totally different. A conditioned summer of 2020 of no entertainment of any kind in large scales followed by a big rollout of "DMB is back!" only to have a major tour stop cancelled after people built up excitement and dropped thousands on hotels/fights would be the ultimate trainwreck. SPAC being cancelled because a tornado hit the venue the day before would be reasonable. But cancellation due to covid restrictions would be madness.
    Old 04-29-2021, 07:08 AM   #80
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    A few things wrong with this

1. GA pit being full may be against local guidelines for states like WA and NY which hold 2 of the biggest weekends of the year.

2. If the show can't be sold for 100% they have to postpone till 2022 or cancel the show regardless of ticket sales based on TM history. The revivalists moved the entire show to 2022 that was sold for full capacity because Morrison Colorado wouldn't let them play it in June. Same with Tedeschi trucks band shows that were not sold out for 2022 for early summer. Those shows weren't all sold out and were moved to 2022 and they are selling new social distant shows for 2021 in venues like Gilford NH.

3. For a venue like spac if the cap is 75% the spac lawn and crowd is more than 75% capacity based on previous attendance numbers. I think a large part of this tour wont run into that issue but WA and NY are 2 states that seem to be more strict than the mid atlantic and southern states. SPAC and Gorge being cancelled would be huge PR/Morale Blows to this tour and summer.

Everything ticketmaster has pointed to is that contractually if it was sold with the intention of 100% it has to be moved or cancelled regardless of what is sold. Also don't forget some of these current 50% and or 20% type setups require social distancing and specific charts with social distance. Washington state has a % per section that can be sold right now not overall % tickets sold.
    you can bring up counter points, but you can't call my comments "wrong" by stating opinions and hypotheticals.

ultimately, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.
    Old 04-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #81
    Bernie41
    2022 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 82

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

NYC planning to be fully re-opened by July 1. I know DMB isn't doing an NYC show, but hopefully bodes well for Jones Beach & SPAC

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/new-...on-july-1.html
    Bernie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 07:32 AM   #82
    Bduff14

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Short of a drastic set back everything will be open with maybe only mask restrictions in crowded places.
    Bduff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 07:35 AM   #83
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And while cancellations can happen to any show this is totally different. A conditioned summer of 2020 of no entertainment of any kind in large scales followed by a big rollout of "DMB is back!" only to have a major tour stop cancelled after people built up excitement and dropped thousands on hotels/fights would be the ultimate trainwreck. SPAC being cancelled because a tornado hit the venue the day before would be reasonable. But cancellation due to covid restrictions would be madness.
    yup that's exactly what I've been saying. The threshold for them to say "sorry, just kidding, can't hold this event," is pretty damn high. Plus, there's a gubernatorial election coming up next year in a lot of states...

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 07:58 AM   #84
    wvufan2010
    Evan

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

So I’ve been keeping an eye on the Fiddler’s Green tickets just out of curiosity, and I just saw where the N2 Citi presale was completely sold out of everything, including lawn seats. Obviously they only set aside a limited supply of reserved seating for the presales, but I’ve never seen lawns sell out during a presale (someone who has more experience than I might can recall a time that happened). Just makes me wonder if perhaps they are for the time being taking a wait-and-see approach with lawn seats and only selling a limited amount of lawns until they see where we are with COVID as time goes on.

It could also obviously be that this is an effect of people wanting to get back to shows and demand is just this big right now, which would be pretty cool, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wvufan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 08:00 AM   #85
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    yup that's exactly what I've been saying. The threshold for them to say "sorry, just kidding, can't hold this event," is pretty damn high. Plus, there's a gubernatorial election coming up next year in a lot of states...

I've always enjoyed the word "gubernatorial."
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 08:43 AM   #86
    MiniFlynny34

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Michigan removing all capacity limits and mask mandates two weeks after 70% of residents 16 and older get the first dose. Currently at 48.6%. So hopefully DTE and Grand Rapids should both be in business.
    Old 04-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #87
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Chicago just announced Windy City Smoke Out is on for July 8th-11th with 12,500 people allowed everyday. Need a vax card or negative test to gain entry.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #88
    schwaca

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

The Atlanta Braves and Atlanta United are going full capacity with some mask precautions in place by mid-May. I think this tour will be cleared in regions. Think the first run of NC, GA, and FL are all well on track to be clear at this point. NC is expected to lift all capacity restrictions by June 1 and well Florida is Florida.
    schwaca is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #89
    bustedstuff88

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Madpiker isnt getting it

2022: Alpine x2, Gorge x3, Minneapolis
    bustedstuff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #90
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bustedstuff88 View Post
    Madpiker isnt getting it
    Aren't you part of the "Zero chance DMB plays a show in 2021, See you in 2023, maybe!" crowd?
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote