Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Away From The World


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #121
OneSweetMonkey
O.G.
 
OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,700

Shows Seen: 251
Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
99% of the things you say about DMB is ballwashing them. You're butthurt the rest of us don't do the same.



You're right, idiot. I'm "butthurt" because certain opinions of mine are different than others around here. I'm shattered over it. Idiot.

I think I've said this before, but I'll just throw it out there again... I won't apologize, nor am I "butthurt" that I'm a MUCH bigger fan of this Band than you are. Nor does it bother me that I'm a "ballwasher", or whatever idiotic term you want to give it. I LOVE the fact that I LOVE most things this Band does. Why wouldn't I love that? All that means is that I enjoy them... WAY more than you. So cool, I'll be a "ballwasher". I'd rather be that than a trolling idiot. Like you. Idiot. Troll.



By the way... you're a complete idiot. Idiot.
OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #122
    twostepinbillie
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 168

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Less than 240 people voted in an AFTW/BS poll less than 24 hours after hearing AFTW for the first time, and there was a difference of only 30 votes in the results. That doesn't define what the "majority" of anybody except those 236 amount of people think.

    236 people = majority!!! 133 to 103 determines the entire site's opinions!!!

    Not to mention the fact "the majority" of people in society like a lot of shitty things. "Majority likes it" is the worst reason or excuse of all-time. Not shocking bluewater21 bases his opinions on that, though.

    hahah holy shit dude your a fucking joke
    twostepinbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #123
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    http://antsmarching.org/forum/poll.p...ts&pollid=3858

    Majority of Ants liked Stand Up when it was brand new. Shocking.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #124
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post


    You're right, idiot. I'm "butthurt" because certain opinions of mine are different than others around here. I'm shattered over it. Idiot.

    I think I've said this before, but I'll just throw it out there again... I won't apologize, nor am I "butthurt" that I'm a MUCH bigger fan of this Band than you are. Nor does it bother me that I'm a "ballwasher", or whatever idiotic term you want to give it. I LOVE the fact that I LOVE most things this Band does. Why wouldn't I love that? All that means is that I enjoy them... WAY more than you. So cool, I'll be a "ballwasher". I'd rather be that than a trolling idiot. Like you. Idiot. Troll.



    By the way... you're a complete idiot. Idiot.
    This is glorious. Shame it's too long to sig.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #125
    twostepinbillie
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 168

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    you love a good sig dont ya kittens


    hahah just jump off a cliff
    twostepinbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #126
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepinbillie View Post
    you love a good sig dont ya kittens


    hahah just jump off a cliff
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #127
    seekupdani
     
    seekupdani's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Billings, MT
    Posts: 824

    Shows Seen: 25

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Maybe it's a stupid question because my native language is not English, but:
    the title 'Belly Belly Nice' is that some sort of joke as if someone from China is trying to say 'very very nice' or is that just my imagination... why was it changes from Belly Belly to Belly Belly Nice?
    This was my initial impression too. Not sure about the name change.
    __________________
    Dani
    seekupdani is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #128
    dpavadmb
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: IN
    Posts: 180

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    i really dislike this song for dave's cheesy, unoriginal lyrics. the whole jack and jill thing and also the belly jelly... ugh. I really enjoy it musically, especially boyd's solo, but it's still too cornbread/smlam for this album.
    dpavadmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #129
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,113

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dpavadmb View Post
    i really dislike this song for dave's cheesy, unoriginal lyrics. the whole jack and jill thing and also the belly jelly... ugh. I really enjoy it musically, especially boyd's solo, but it's still too cornbread/smlam for this album.
    Belly Jelly is cheesy/unoriginal? I've gotta be honest, this song is easily the first time I've ever even heard the terminology. I think you misunderstand what cheesy means...

    "I would do most anything girl to be the apple of your eye."

    That's cheesy, it uses a cliche, and tries to portray an emotion through the overused term.

    Not to mention, that's two lines in the entire song...why does everyone make the same exact argument in regards to this song, I want to see someone use any other line/group of lines other than those two to try and make an argument for why this song's lyrics are unoriginal or cheesy.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #130
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,113

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PantalaNagaMan View Post
    "Down the hill fell Jack and Jill
    And you came tumbling after
    'Cause of original sin"

    It is literally almost the same line. I am not going to say that Belly Belly Nice has extrodinary lyrics, because it doesn't - but it has lyrics for what the song's message intends. Everyone gets so caught up in two to three lines that they complete erase themselves from other good lines, and other brilliant parts of music.

    I know people are caught up on the "Jack and Jill" and "Belly Jelly"

    But in the same vein;

    "When the juice is drippin' off your chin, one peach is not enough"

    and

    "All the light that shines up, the gift that everyone has for the taking. And happiness, so pure as this, is surely worth the making"

    Are pretty good lines when dealing with the song's subject.

    Away from the lyrics, I think this song hits the EXACT way Too Much and What Would You Say had. This song is so much more Too Much and WWYS than it is SMLAM.

    There are syncopated jams, but not syncopated to the point where you'd expect a Conductor to jump on stage (kind of like SMLAM) - the range each member has in this song is brilliant. Everyone shines, EVERYONE. The song was meant to and should have been meant to revolve around the guitar riff. It's addicting and creative. I love how Lillywhite kept it just the Riff, beat and Vocals at first, as the song progresses you hear everyone come in at the time they want to come in at.

    At one point you have both horns squaring off against each other in the left channel, Boyd blasting in the right channel - Carter double bass in both channels - and that riff still hits you in the face.

    Because of some "off" lyrics - this song gets a bad rap that it doesn't deserve.
    ...As usual.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #131
    TheStone91
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Posts: 5,466

    Shows Seen: 29

    Has anyone heard the tapes of BBN from this past weekend? It sounds like the sound guys intentionally turned down/almost muted Boyd's solo! His solo is a big reason why I like this song too...

    #turnupboyd
    TheStone91 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #132
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    http://antsmarching.org/forum/poll.p...ts&pollid=3858

    Majority of Ants liked Stand Up when it was brand new. Shocking.
    you're a douche, also shocking
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #133
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    you're a douche, also shocking
    You're mad because you're wrong, and since it happens all the time, it's surprising you still get this butthurt.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #134
    dpavadmb
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: IN
    Posts: 180

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
    Belly Jelly is cheesy/unoriginal? I've gotta be honest, this song is easily the first time I've ever even heard the terminology. I think you misunderstand what cheesy means...

    "I would do most anything girl to be the apple of your eye."

    That's cheesy, it uses a cliche, and tries to portray an emotion through the overused term.

    Not to mention, that's two lines in the entire song...why does everyone make the same exact argument in regards to this song, I want to see someone use any other line/group of lines other than those two to try and make an argument for why this song's lyrics are unoriginal or cheesy.
    I didn't misunderstand anything. I meant that it's cheesy b/c this song is so juvenile for dave. I don't get why he makes these cornbread-esque songs. this song is easily the weakest song on the album b/c of a poorly written chorus, imo. I just have higher standards for Dave based on how good the rest of the album is (The Riff and Broken Things in particular).
    dpavadmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #135
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    You're mad because you're wrong, and since it happens all the time, it's surprising you still get this butthurt.
    What is it with you and the word "butthurt"?? Bad memories in the showers bud??
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #136
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Your butt hurts more and more with every post I make. This is beautiful.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #137
    seng225
     
    seng225's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Charleston, SC
    Posts: 282

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    It'll be interesting to see what everyone is saying a year from now. I remember when BW came out most people were praising it much like they are with this album. Most people were diggin SMLAM as well. It's funny to see how time has changed people's views
    seng225 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #138
    berman1125
     
    berman1125's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Hartford
    Posts: 35,828

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    Has anyone heard the tapes of BBN from this past weekend? It sounds like the sound guys intentionally turned down/almost muted Boyd's solo! His solo is a big reason why I like this song too...

    #turnupboyd
    he is turned down on everything...its sad
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Ummm...how many times does Dave literally have to say “I don’t care” for you to believe him?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #139
    berman1125
     
    berman1125's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Hartford
    Posts: 35,828

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seng225 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what everyone is saying a year from now. I remember when BW came out most people were praising it much like they are with this album. Most people were diggin SMLAM as well. It's funny to see how time has changed people's views
    shake me is perfect on the record....they still havn't played it correctly live in 3 years...thats why we dont like it. BBN was great live before we even heard it on the record...and guess what, they nailed the studio take too.

    BBN is 10x what Shake me is
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Ummm...how many times does Dave literally have to say “I don’t care” for you to believe him?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #140
    berman1125
     
    berman1125's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Hartford
    Posts: 35,828

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Maybe it's a stupid question because my native language is not English, but:
    the title 'Belly Belly Nice' is that some sort of joke as if someone from China is trying to say 'very very nice' or is that just my imagination... why was it changes from Belly Belly to Belly Belly Nice?
    this should be sigged
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Ummm...how many times does Dave literally have to say “I don’t care” for you to believe him?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #141
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Your butt hurts more and more with every post I make. This is beautiful.
    the fuck???
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #142
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,032

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    I dig this song. It's going to be fun live, definitely gives me the SMLAM vibe - and I imagine it's only going to get better as time goes by. I see many people dancing to this one.
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube

    2020 - Arkansas & Mississippi
    2021 - Woodlands, Dallas, Arkansas, STL
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #143
    PantalaNagaMan
    O! H!
     
    PantalaNagaMan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 9,150

    Shows Seen: 23
    Send a message via AIM to PantalaNagaMan Send a message via Skype™ to PantalaNagaMan

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    shake me is perfect on the record....they still havn't played it correctly live in 3 years...thats why we dont like it. BBN was great live before we even heard it on the record...and guess what, they nailed the studio take too.

    BBN is 10x what Shake me is
    Spot on, chap.
    __________________
    Facebook II Twitter: @jspalding
    PantalaNagaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #144
    killerangel
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Posts: 634

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Your butt hurts more and more with every post I make. This is beautiful.
    If I were a betting man, I'd guess that your IQ is on the low end of the spectrum.
    killerangel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #145
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Your butt hurts more and more with every post I make. This is beautiful.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by killerangel View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd guess that your IQ is on the low end of the spectrum.
    Understatement of the year
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #146
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by killerangel View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd guess that your IQ is on the low end of the spectrum.
    Considering you like putrid songs such as Sweet and awful lyrics like in BBN, it's safe to say you're the drizzling shits.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #147
    Jared41
    Drunken Soldier
     
    Jared41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Australia
    Posts: 1,364

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    So here we have lowbrow conversation at its finest. Please, continue with your highly amusing feats of childish name calling and knuckle dragging.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan4ever View Post
    You don't like the main riff of Warehouse? Fuck yourself! Haven't heard the Yoshi #40? Well don't look behind you, because all you'll see is yourself fucking yourself in the ass! You're telling me you don't want the Heartbeat intro back? Well you're not a virgin anymore, because you just got fucked!
    Jared41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #148
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Considering you like putrid songs such as Sweet and awful lyrics like in BBN, it's safe to say you're the drizzling shits.

    Yea cause you're so much better with not liking Ants Marching or Seek Up.
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #149
    Primetime41
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 1,178

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    I'll take Stand by Blues Traveler.
    Primetime41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #150
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'
     
    dmbredsox36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Central NY
    Posts: 3,890

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to dmbredsox36

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    So glad to see they played If Only on Ellen, probably confirming it's the second single. Awesome choice management, awesome. Belly Belly Nice had no shot.
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter