Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Away From The World


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #91
Bluewater21
Climbin' out the mud
 
Bluewater21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Posts: 7,496

Shows Seen: 50

Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

So many layers in this song, enjoy it live more but im really starting to dig the studio cut!
Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #92
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,026

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    guys stop fighting... my parents used to fight
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #93
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,025

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    guys stop fighting... my parents used to fight
    Hold me closer, Tony Danza
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube

    2020 - Arkansas & Mississippi
    2021 - Woodlands, Dallas, Arkansas, STL
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #94
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    guys stop fighting... my parents used to fight
    Haha I'm not fighting just sticking up for people who actually enjoy the band and get mauled for it
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #95
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    "mauled" for liking DMB
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #96
    Hilly
     
    Hilly's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Posts: 10,484

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Really dig it. Know some people here complain about the Jack/Jill part, but frankly, I'm digging it. It's just fun and catchy. Nothing wrong with that.
    __________________
    DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.
    Hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #97
    DMBCardinal
     
    DMBCardinal's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Indiana
    Posts: 3,837

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Love this song. The Jeff and Boyd solos back to back take the song from being good to great.
    DMBCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #98
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'
     
    dmbredsox36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Central NY
    Posts: 3,890

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to dmbredsox36

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    Haha I'm not fighting just sticking up for people who actually enjoy the band and get mauled for it
    Exactly. And for the record, this is nothing like his other trolling, you should see the NFL thread.
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #99
    FJM005
     
    FJM005's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 521

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    They did a really good job with song in the studio. It was a bit messier live, but Steve really cleaned this one up. Has a great sound.
    FJM005 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #100
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    "mauled" for liking DMB
    You're laughing at yourself idiot, because thats exactly what you do. Doesn't surprise me about you at all considering only 38 year old virgins and 8 year olds still watch wrestling.
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #101
    solsburyhill
    MM #57
     
    solsburyhill's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Carolina
    Posts: 10,779

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    i dont like bbn. just cannot get into it
    __________________
    Bryan

    solsburyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #102
    madhatter
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Posts: 736

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by killerangel View Post
    Hoping it's just how the song came across in the stream...but in my opinion, the mix on this particular song seems way off.
    The mix threw me off initially, because it does sound different than the live versions (which I've practically had on repeat). The backing vocals come more to the forefront in the studio version, which was a bit jarring when I first heard it. However, after listening to it over the last several days, I'm really liking the studio cut of BBN. I think both the live and studio versions are great for this song.
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #103
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    You're laughing at yourself idiot, because thats exactly what you do. Doesn't surprise me about you at all considering only 38 year old virgins and 8 year olds still watch wrestling.
    I've never "mauled" anyone on Ants. You are just butthurt some of us have standards.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #104
    dpduke5173
     
    dpduke5173's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Raleigh, NC
    Posts: 5,630

    Shows Seen: 65

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    The mix threw me off initially, because it does sound different than the live versions (which I've practically had on repeat). The backing vocals come more to the forefront in the studio version, which was a bit jarring when I first heard it. However, after listening to it over the last several days, I'm really liking the studio cut of BBN. I think both the live and studio versions are great for this song.
    The backing vocals on the studio version sounded funny to me after having the live versions on repeat as well. But after a few listens something about the studio version makes me really crank the volume! Sounds great!:

    Last edited by dpduke5173; 09-07-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    dpduke5173 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #105
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    I've never "mauled" anyone on Ants. You are just butthurt some of us have standards.
    Haha yea that's it, your awful judgement in music keeps me up at night. The fuck outta here
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #106
    dmb27364041
    Since '99
     
    dmb27364041's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: CT
    Posts: 1,228

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Belly Belly Nice is the worst song on the album in my opinion. Good song, but I like all of the others better. I really dig Broken Things.
    __________________
    2012 YEAR OF BOYD
    dmb27364041 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #107
    CupTheSky
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 12

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    I really like the bridge of this song. It's one of the better bridges they've written for this type of song. the lyrics, instrumentation, and transitions beat the hell out of the "cigarettes and coffee little girls and ponies" mess on SMLAM
    CupTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #108
    themaker111
    I think I can
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Cincinnati
    Posts: 642

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    I love SMLAM. Alot.
    themaker111 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #109
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'
     
    dmbredsox36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Central NY
    Posts: 3,890

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to dmbredsox36

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    You're laughing at yourself idiot, because thats exactly what you do. Doesn't surprise me about you at all considering only 38 year old virgins and 8 year olds still watch wrestling.
    Not that this post didn't make me because it absolutely did, but there is zero point in engaging him. The dude posted like 10 pages about Tebow and every other post was 'DEFINE HIS POSITION!. Literally.
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #110
    CupTheSky
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 12

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by themaker111 View Post
    I love SMLAM. Alot.
    i do as well. i just meant in terms of bridges i always found that one to be a little awkward/corny but I feel like they really got it right in BBN
    CupTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #111
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy
     
    SpotlightEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: New Jersey
    Posts: 5,677

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flip36 View Post
    its funny how people were so amped to hear SMLAM at a show back in '09, now they can't stand it!
    It has never been good live. At all. That has a lot to do with it.
    __________________
    Enough Big Whiskey Already.
    SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #112
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.
     
    OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Posts: 9,699

    Shows Seen: 251
    Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    I've never "mauled" anyone on Ants. You are just butthurt some of us have standards.
    Have you ever listened to your own opinions? What "standards" do you have that you're so proud of? You think Tim Reynolds sucks. You think Seek Up is a bad song. Everyone, including you, has a right to their own opinion, but to say that your "standards" are any better than anyone else's around here is just simply idiotic.

    Honestly, bro, I have to ask... are you the ONLY one who doesn't see yourself for the troll that you are? Believe me, dude... EVERYONE sees it except for you. 99% of the things you post is negative bullshit that puts down the Band and it's efforts. If you hate everything they do so much, why do you claim to be a fan? You're on these boards for one reason only... to say stupid shit and try to get a rise out of people. Which is fine for me, because I actually enjoy getting in to it with you and letting you know how much of a trolling douche you act like. The only reason you don't hear it from everyone else is because they don't find the entertainment in getting in to it with you. It's not worth their time. And you can report me all you want for this honesty. If I get a time out for it, than so be it. It will have been worth it to call you out, yet again, for acting like a total douche bag. But, it's been said before by others, and I completely agree... you have had a serious hand in making antsmarching.org a completely different place. Why don't you just stick the "The Thread" and stop subjecting the rest of us to your idiotic behavior. Find a fat girl... go on a date, or something. And please... Just like Bluewater21 said...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    Haha yea that's it, your awful judgement in music keeps me up at night. The fuck outta here
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #113
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    Have you ever listened to your own opinions? What "standards" do you have that you're so proud of? You think Tim Reynolds sucks. You think Seek Up is a bad song. Everyone, including you, has a right to their own opinion, but to say that your "standards" are any better than anyone else's around here is just simply idiotic.

    Honestly, bro, I have to ask... are you the ONLY one who doesn't see yourself for the troll that you are? Believe me, dude... EVERYONE sees it except for you. 99% of the things you post is negative bullshit that puts down the Band and it's efforts. If you hate everything they do so much, why do you claim to be a fan? You're on these boards for one reason only... to say stupid shit and try to get a rise out of people. Which is fine for me, because I actually enjoy getting in to it with you and letting you know how much of a trolling douche you act like. The only reason you don't hear it from everyone else is because they don't find the entertainment in getting in to it with you. It's not worth their time. And you can report me all you want for this honesty. If I get a time out for it, than so be it. It will have been worth it to call you out, yet again, for acting like a total douche bag. But, it's been said before by others, and I completely agree... you have had a serious hand in making antsmarching.org a completely different place. Why don't you just stick the "The Thread" and stop subjecting the rest of us to your idiotic behavior. Find a fat girl... go on a date, or something. And please... Just like Bluewater21 said...

    Amen brother, Amen
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #114
    jcarrier
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 36

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Holy crap, love this song. The chorus caught me off guard. So different from the verses and so good, so catchy. Genius on Dave's part.
    jcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #115
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    Have you ever listened to your own opinions? What "standards" do you have that you're so proud of? You think Tim Reynolds sucks. You think Seek Up is a bad song. Everyone, including you, has a right to their own opinion, but to say that your "standards" are any better than anyone else's around here is just simply idiotic.

    Honestly, bro, I have to ask... are you the ONLY one who doesn't see yourself for the troll that you are? Believe me, dude... EVERYONE sees it except for you. 99% of the things you post is negative bullshit that puts down the Band and it's efforts. If you hate everything they do so much, why do you claim to be a fan? You're on these boards for one reason only... to say stupid shit and try to get a rise out of people. Which is fine for me, because I actually enjoy getting in to it with you and letting you know how much of a trolling douche you act like. The only reason you don't hear it from everyone else is because they don't find the entertainment in getting in to it with you. It's not worth their time. And you can report me all you want for this honesty. If I get a time out for it, than so be it. It will have been worth it to call you out, yet again, for acting like a total douche bag. But, it's been said before by others, and I completely agree... you have had a serious hand in making antsmarching.org a completely different place. Why don't you just stick the "The Thread" and stop subjecting the rest of us to your idiotic behavior. Find a fat girl... go on a date, or something. And please... Just like Bluewater21 said...
    99% of the things you say about DMB is ballwashing them. You're butthurt the rest of us don't do the same.

    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #116
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,496

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    99% of the things you say about DMB is ballwashing them. You're butthurt the rest of us don't do the same.

    More people on here think AFTW is better than BS so who are "the rest of us"? You're the one in the minority dip shit. PS Jericho is as cool as AIDS.
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #117
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,112

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    99% of the things you say about DMB is ballwashing them. You're butthurt the rest of us don't do the same.

    You make people who can be critical of the band as well as like them, look like unintelligent losers.

    I remember having a completely intelligent debate about If Only with Blue...I don't like it, he does, but I made my points rationally and intelligently, and we were able to discuss it. Sometimes I feel like you're literally incapable of having an actual discussion about music. Most of your posting involves laughing faces and the some form of the word ballwasher.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #118
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,112

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    It has never been good live. At all. That has a lot to do with it.
    For me that is literally it. I still think the studio cut fucking slams hard. I wish BBN actually slamed as hard in the studio as Shake Me, because BBN is a better song.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #119
    xander
     
    xander's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
    Posts: 52

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Maybe it's a stupid question because my native language is not English, but:
    the title 'Belly Belly Nice' is that some sort of joke as if someone from China is trying to say 'very very nice' or is that just my imagination... why was it changes from Belly Belly to Belly Belly Nice?
    __________________
    If you speak dutch, come and visit: www.davematthewsband.nl
    xander is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #120
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J
     
    kittensXLI's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 66,565

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    More people on here think AFTW is better than BS so who are "the rest of us"? You're the one in the minority dip shit. PS Jericho is as cool as AIDS.
    Less than 240 people voted in an AFTW/BS poll less than 24 hours after hearing AFTW for the first time, and there was a difference of only 30 votes in the results. That doesn't define what the "majority" of anybody except those 236 amount of people think.

    236 people = majority!!! 133 to 103 determines the entire site's opinions!!!

    Not to mention the fact "the majority" of people in society like a lot of shitty things. "Majority likes it" is the worst reason or excuse of all-time. Not shocking bluewater21 bases his opinions on that, though.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    Why the spike in candy consumption?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter