Info Comes in... let's keep updated, realistic track list predictions here - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > Archive > 'Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King' Album Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #61
bubba40

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Info Comes in... let's keep updated, realistic track list predictions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post

I want Sugar Will so bad.
You and me both brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeJanitor View Post
Of course a fair number have started here as well.
True.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #62
    Miccius
    Crater4life

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

That's interesting information man. Hope it's true. Keep it coming.
    Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #63
    dmb5570

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

so over at tdc.org, it seems that moses is going to stop posting for a while. i guess having so many people doubt his info got old. there were some links to supposed videos from in studio, im busy studying or i would check them out. and im not much of a musician, whats the little guitar?
    Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #64
    sdaltons

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

my hunch is that moses came across something big that he's afraid he'll let slip if he keeps posting too much.

the "videos from in studio" were a different band at Studio Litho, i believe.

the tiny little guitar is the guitar dave plays Idea of You and Shotgun on. he often says stuff before the song starts like "this is a tiny little guitar and this song is called The Idea of You."
    Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #65
    warehouseguy

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

you all think he'll be back w/ more posts in future?
    Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #66
    PantalaNagaMan
    O! H!

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by warehouseguy View Post
    you all think he'll be back w/ more posts in future?
    Well I'm kind of dissapointed now.
    Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #67
    HolyCow
    Cubs Win!

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I'm sitting in class and I'm bored. So I figured I'd type out for the 276th time my ideal (realistic) track listing. So that means I'm pulling Crazy-Easy off my listing ().

1. NEW SONG
    Funky, acoustic driven song with a catchy, melodic chorus. Tim adding acoustic fills. ---5:45
    Standard version with Tim adding bottleneck slide acoustic fills. ---4:15
    3. NEW SONG
    A dark, driving song with Tim on it. Acoustic and catchy, but also relatively slow. Think Don't Drink the Water. ---4:45
    4. Cornbread
    Tim adding fills and Danny Barnes on banjo. This song could be a studio monster. I'm seeing Rapunzel-ish type potential all over it. Let Barnes and Tim have a "dueling banjos" type trade-off jam in the middle. ---5:30
    5. NEW SONG
    Dark, catchy song with solid, thought-provoking lyrics. Maybe use the lyrics from the Gravedigger/Warehouse intro. ---5:15
    6. NEW SONG (SBC soundcheck)
    I love the soundcheck and I can just smell the awesomeness in it. As long as the song has good lyrics, I don't think they can go wrong. Have Tim and Danny Barnes on it with Barnes coming in on that breakdown. Long, extended jam. ---7:30
    7. Sweet Up and Down
    I'm torn about having this one on the album, but it's going to need a real staple on it. You can't go wrong with SUAD and the band seems to be considering it so why not. Toss Tim on it with some fills and you've got a winner. ---5:00
    8. NEW SONG
    Need a soft, love song here. Maybe that myspace video song, but I'm not sold on that one yet. --- 4:00
    9. A Dream So Real / NEW SONG
    I'm not sold on ADSR yet either, but I think Tim could really add to it. I like the idea of the song, but it needs a little work and Dave needs a good riff in it instead of just standing there. ---4:00
    10. NEW SONG
    A sweet love song. Something like Lover Lay Down. Acoustic driven with a Tim solo. ---4:45
    11. Shotgun
    The best, most passion-filled, emotional version ever of it. Just belt out something incredible. ---6:00
    12. Sugar Will
    I know it's not likely, but one can dream. I love the song and Tim on it would blow my mind. Keep it long, extend the jam and just let it go. ---8:00

13. Hidden: Loving Wings
    Fade in and let it run for about 3:00 and then fade it out.

Total run time: 64:45 (w/bonus track)

That's what I'd love to see. A kind of country/bluegrass/old school DMB type album. I want the tracks long. No short little punchy three minute pop songs. Give me good lengthened tracks like the old albums.
    Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #68
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

^
    Cornbread could be awesome if Dave and Tim play it Radio City style with Barnes doing the usual on it.
    Old 03-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #69
    koscht

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm sitting in class and I'm bored. So I figured I'd type out for the 276th time my ideal (realistic) track listing. So that means I'm pulling Crazy-Easy off my listing ().

1. NEW SONG
    Funky, acoustic driven song with a catchy, melodic chorus. Tim adding acoustic fills. ---5:45
    Standard version with Tim adding bottleneck slide acoustic fills. ---4:15
    3. NEW SONG
    A dark, driving song with Tim on it. Acoustic and catchy, but also relatively slow. Think Don't Drink the Water. ---4:45
    4. Cornbread
    Tim adding fills and Danny Barnes on banjo. This song could be a studio monster. I'm seeing Rapunzel-ish type potential all over it. Let Barnes and Tim have a "dueling banjos" type trade-off jam in the middle. ---5:30
    5. NEW SONG
    Dark, catchy song with solid, thought-provoking lyrics. Maybe use the lyrics from the Gravedigger/Warehouse intro. ---5:15
    6. NEW SONG (SBC soundcheck)
    I love the soundcheck and I can just smell the awesomeness in it. As long as the song has good lyrics, I don't think they can go wrong. Have Tim and Danny Barnes on it with Barnes coming in on that breakdown. Long, extended jam. ---7:30
    7. Sweet Up and Down
    I'm torn about having this one on the album, but it's going to need a real staple on it. You can't go wrong with SUAD and the band seems to be considering it so why not. Toss Tim on it with some fills and you've got a winner. ---5:00
    8. NEW SONG
    Need a soft, love song here. Maybe that myspace video song, but I'm not sold on that one yet. --- 4:00
    9. A Dream So Real / NEW SONG
    I'm not sold on ADSR yet either, but I think Tim could really add to it. I like the idea of the song, but it needs a little work and Dave needs a good riff in it instead of just standing there. ---4:00
    10. NEW SONG
    A sweet love song. Something like Lover Lay Down. Acoustic driven with a Tim solo. ---4:45
    11. Shotgun
    The best, most passion-filled, emotional version ever of it. Just belt out something incredible. ---6:00
    12. Sugar Will
    I know it's not likely, but one can dream. I love the song and Tim on it would blow my mind. Keep it long, extend the jam and just let it go. ---8:00

13. Hidden: Loving Wings
    Fade in and let it run for about 3:00 and then fade it out.

Total run time: 64:45 (w/bonus track)

That's what I'd love to see. A kind of country/bluegrass/old school DMB type album. I want the tracks long. No short little punchy three minute pop songs. Give me good lengthened tracks like the old albums.
    this sounds awesome, i love this
    Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #70
    warehouseguy

My Tour Central Stats

SBC SC!!!!! other than sugar will, i could see that album happening...
    Old 03-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #71
    dmbdreamingtree
    be the light

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

first song of the album: carters drums --->cornbread.
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    Old 03-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #72
    kyledmb
    FORZA ROSSONERI

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Here is my dream track list for the new album:

1. New Song *
    2. New Song *
    3. New Song *
    4. New Song *
    5. New Song *
    6. New Song *
    7. Good, Good Time *
    8. Loving Wings *
    9. New Song *
    10. New Song *
    11. SBC Soundcheck *

* With Tim Reynolds
    + With Rashawn Ross (Notice there aren't any + signs)
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #73
    qm247
    찾음

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

^

I feel ya, Kyle.
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #74
    drummerdmbfan

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyledmb View Post

* With Tim Reynolds

LMAO kyle
    i like your comment at the gorge that rashawn makes any song sound like a 70's game show! haha priceless.
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #75
    kyledmb
    FORZA ROSSONERI

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drummerdmbfan View Post
    LMAO kyle
    i like your comment at the gorge that rashawn makes any song sound like a 70's game show! haha priceless.
    I think one of my biggest fear is that we will get a decent album, but it is plastered with blaring trumpet/sax syncopations throughout. You know the ones...you heard them all summer 2007 tour long. Yeah, the ones where Rashawn plays everything Roi plays on the chorus except 10 octaves higher.
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #76
    qm247
    찾음

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    except 10 octaves higher.
    ....or just shrill, screeching noises.
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #77
    dmb5570

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think one of my biggest fear is that we will get a decent album, but it is plastered with blaring trumpet/sax syncopations throughout. You know the ones...you heard them all summer 2007 tour long. Yeah, the ones where Rashawn plays everything Roi plays on the chorus except 10 octaves higher.

you mean a super high note, followed by a 1 second breath right into the exact same shaky rough high note?

if they can do it with small background parts i think the trumpet can be fine, i just hope that its not prominant on the album........they can always make parts for him on the road, but minimalistic on the album, same for butch.
    Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #78
    bila

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I am to am a decent fan of GGT. If you listen to the Bon 04 when he debuted it, what made it so good was trey and tim on the guitars fucking around over daves main riff. I agree that the song has no substance played full band because i feel the song is mainly good when you have 2 or 3 guitars. So, with timmy in there, and we all know how dope he is, he might just start fucking around with it with dave, they played it on the Sov of the Seas in 06. anyways thats all just throught i woudl chim in
    Old 03-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #79
    warehouseguy

My Tour Central Stats

I dunno, i dont see the trumpet overpowering... maybe on a couple of end jams.... and don't forget Boyd, Tim... with their fills
    Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #80
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Here is my dream track list for the new album:

1. New Song *
    2. New Song *
    3. New Song *
    4. New Song *
    5. New Song *
    6. New Song *
    7. Good, Good Time *
    8. Loving Wings *
    9. New Song *
    10. New Song *
    11. SBC Soundcheck *

* With Tim Reynolds
    Loving Wings wouldnt even be in consideration if it wasnt for Rashawn, he gave the song new life with the band.
    Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #81
    bubba40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb5570 View Post
    you mean a super high note, followed by a 1 second breath right into the exact same shaky rough high note?

if they can do it with small background parts i think the trumpet can be fine, i just hope that its not prominant on the album........they can always make parts for him on the road, but minimalistic on the album, same for butch.
    No, Rashawn should be prominent on the album because he's a phenomenal musician.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by qm247 View Post
    ....or just shrill, screeching noises.

Quote:
    Yeah, that would be fantastic music you're talking about. Call-and-response, playing off of each other, responding to and improvising off of each other's improvisations. It's called jazz, and it's awesome.

10 octaves higher? Really? 1) You're wrong, and 2) have you ever heard of harmony notes? As in, if the band is playing a G, Rashawn, with his extensive Berklee School of Music (one of the finest music schools in the world) training, might play another note from a G Major chord, such as the 3rd (B) or 5th (D) or another scale degree. It's called jazz.

Quote:
    Rashawn Ross makes this band much, much better.

The lack of appreciation and respect for Rashawn on this board is appalling.
    Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #82
    HolyCow
    Cubs Win!

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I'm with Bubba. I always thought Rashawn was an excellent addition to the band's sound.
    Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #83
    TobiasClown
    clownish play

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm with Bubba. I always thought Rashawn was an excellent addition to the band's sound.
    i definitely agree. i think he has a lot to bring to the table on this next studio effort

y'all behave yourselves.
    Old 03-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #84
    dmbdreamingtree
    be the light

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

i could do with out rashawn... i wouldn't mind him as a guest on the album and on a few shows of the tour. but he has influenced the bands sound too much.
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #85
    dance41nancies
    Baby, baby, baby...

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

What I would like to see:

Cornbread (maybe as an opener)
    A Dream So Real
    The Idea of You
    Shotgun
    Loving Wings
    & maybe Eh Hee (depending on what new twists they can possibly put on it)
    +
    A bunch (maybe 6ish) of new songs

With Tim, Butch, and Rashawn on all songs.
    With Danny on 1/3 of them.

This combo (1/2 new, 1/2 old + 4 guests) would be awesome to me (and is rather realistic).

Last edited by dance41nancies; 03-13-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #86
    dmb5570

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba40 View Post
    No, Rashawn should be prominent on the album because he's a phenomenal musician.

\The lack of appreciation and respect for Rashawn on this board is appalling.

Honestly, I think Rashawn has some good moments, but I really dont think that he is phenomenal by any means. When hes on he good, but theres too many times that I listen to songs and he is off key, cant hold notes steady, or the style just does not fit with the song(probably not his fault). Hes good, but not phenomenal. Background fill on the album, sure, a couple of brief solos on the album, thats cool, but id rather the majority of fill be boyd, roi, and tim.
    Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #87
    funksoul

Shows Seen: 73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dance41nancies View Post
    What I would like to see:

Cornbread (maybe as an opener)
    A Dream So Real
    The Idea of You
    Shotgun
    Loving Wings
    & maybe Eh Hee (depending on what new twists they can possibly put on it)
    +
    A bunch (maybe 6ish) of new songs

With Tim, Butch, and Rashawn on all songs.
    With Danny on 1/3 of them.

This combo (1/2 new, 1/2 old + 4 guests) would be awesome to me (and is rather realistic).
    Eh Hee has been released already...I really don't think it will be on the album.
    Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #88
    bubba40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb5570 View Post
    Honestly, I think Rashawn has some good moments, but I really dont think that he is phenomenal by any means. When hes on he good, but theres too many times that I listen to songs and he is off key, cant hold notes steady, or the style just does not fit with the song(probably not his fault). Hes good, but not phenomenal. Background fill on the album, sure, a couple of brief solos on the album, thats cool, but id rather the majority of fill be boyd, roi, and tim.
    I assure you, he is very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely "off-key" or unable to hold a note steady. And frequently an "off-key" note sounds great, such as in the blues scale (one of just an infinite number of examples), which is used in the Jimi Thing jam. Frequently in jazz, flatted or sharped notes, technically "off-key" as in that they are not in the original key signature, are played completely and strategically on purpose, and when done by a professional, sound wonderful. I, (if you can't tell ) STRONGLY belive Rashawn to certainly be a professional.
    Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #89
    CoffeeJanitor

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm sitting in class and I'm bored. So I figured I'd type out for the 276th time my ideal (realistic) track listing.

(Said track listing)
    Disregarding Sugar Will (as you said there's basically no chance) the only thing I would add would be IOY.
    Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #90
    dmb5570

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba40 View Post
    I assure you, he is very, very, very, very, very, very, very rarely "off-key" or unable to hold a note steady. And frequently an "off-key" note sounds great, such as in the blues scale (one of just an infinite number of examples), which is used in the Jimi Thing jam. Frequently in jazz, flatted or sharped notes, technically "off-key" as in that they are not in the original key signature, are played completely and strategically on purpose, and when done by a professional, sound wonderful. I, (if you can't tell ) STRONGLY belive Rashawn to certainly be a professional.

Ive been around music a long time, I know music. I played jazz band for 6 years. I dont think Rashawn is bad. But those notes im talking about are NOT on purpose and they are there. I have tons of downloads from the last two years, and there are plenty of times that the sound coming from his trumpet does not sound good at all. I think hes a talented musician, Im just disagreeing that hes that phenominal. And even if he did play perfect, I would just prefer a trumpet to not be on all of the songs, its just not the right sound for the band(obviously they disagree as do a lot of people on this board and thats fine).