***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2023, 05:40 PM   #1
BrokenThings
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 151

Shows Seen: 0

***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

July 11+12

(Jeff's home state!)
Dave Matthews Band continues their mid-week two night tradition on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee.

Many in the music industry, myself included consider Gilford, NH the hidden gem of the Northeast.

We've gotten some killer shows the last few years let's keep it going!
__________________
Warehouse 3/00
BrokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-24-2023, 07:41 PM   #2
    dmbboston
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Posts: 20

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Love it and the bands that go there do as well. It has everything they need for a mini vacation and the shows have been great.
    dmbboston is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM   #3
    KeithBox007
    The World Is Not Enough
     
    KeithBox007's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Frederick, MD
    Posts: 373

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Hello,

    I'm looking to hit a new venue this summer, and zeroing in on Gilford. Leaning towards going up for a week to vacay and take in the shows, looks like there's lots to do in the region.
    KeithBox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2023, 06:08 PM   #4
    BrokenThings
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 151

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Got very lucky this year with an Airbnb walkable to venue, but there are lots of options.
    __________________
    Warehouse 3/00
    BrokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2023, 06:33 PM   #5
    BrokenThings
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 151

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Anyone familiar with Old Lakeshore Road.... Apparently I'm going to be able to walk there from the Airbnb
    __________________
    Warehouse 3/00
    BrokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2023, 02:57 PM   #6
    chrisjuniper
     
    chrisjuniper's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 1,465

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrokenThings View Post
    Anyone familiar with Old Lakeshore Road.... Apparently I'm going to be able to walk there from the Airbnb
    Yeah it's definitely close enough to walk, depending on what end of it you're staying at. If you're close to the wal mart end, its a couple miles for sure, if you're closer to the liquor store side, you're basically right next to the venue

    Last edited by chrisjuniper; 01-27-2023 at 02:59 PM.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2023, 07:16 PM   #7
    timos25
     
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Posts: 37

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisjuniper View Post
    Yeah it's definitely close enough to walk, depending on what end of it you're staying at. If you're close to the wal mart end, its a couple miles for sure, if you're closer to the liquor store side, you're basically right next to the venue
    Agreed. Definitely walkable if you are close to the liquor store end. Just be careful walking back at night as I donít recall the road being well lit. I ended up on this road last year as part of the route back to Laconia
    timos25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2023, 01:38 PM   #8
    fuvonks
    Kaylor!
     
    fuvonks's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: The Land of Ooo
    Posts: 1,571

    Shows Seen: 94

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Just deleted my request for the 1st night from WH. Don't want to get stuck with shit ticket when you can go on TM a few weeks before the show and get SEC 2 seats like i have for the last few times i've been there.
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #9
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 7,842

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    hotel booked, can't wait. Saw Toad the Wet Sprocket, Gin Blossoms and Barenaked Ladies here last year and had a blast. The venue is so spaced out. For those looking for a sleeper brewery, we stumbled upon Lone Wolfe Brewery in Wolfesboro and the beer is awesome. IPA's and so forth, great craft beer. About a half hour from the pavillion.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2023, 12:52 PM   #10
    fuvonks
    Kaylor!
     
    fuvonks's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: The Land of Ooo
    Posts: 1,571

    Shows Seen: 94

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuvonks View Post
    Just deleted my request for the 1st night from WH. Don't want to get stuck with shit ticket when you can go on TM a few weeks before the show and get SEC 2 seats like i have for the last few times i've been there.
    I might have got boned in the ass by the warehouse. Got a charge for 234.90, so I got tier 3.
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2023, 03:57 PM   #11
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 7,842

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuvonks View Post
    I might have got boned in the ass by the warehouse. Got a charge for 234.90, so I got tier 3.
    we'rehosed amirite?
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2023, 04:33 PM   #12
    fuvonks
    Kaylor!
     
    fuvonks's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: The Land of Ooo
    Posts: 1,571

    Shows Seen: 94

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    we'rehosed amirite?
    Haha, that made me chuckle!
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2023, 08:44 PM   #13
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Looking at booking a room at Gunstock Inn & Suites. Has anyone stayed there before? 8 minute drive to the venue.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2023, 08:51 PM   #14
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Looking at booking a room at Gunstock Inn & Suites. Has anyone stayed there before? 8 minute drive to the venue. Any hotel recommendations? I stayed at Best Western in Laconia before but seems like they are booked.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2023, 09:13 PM   #15
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    hotel booked, can't wait. Saw Toad the Wet Sprocket, Gin Blossoms and Barenaked Ladies here last year and had a blast. The venue is so spaced out. For those looking for a sleeper brewery, we stumbled upon Lone Wolfe Brewery in Wolfesboro and the beer is awesome. IPA's and so forth, great craft beer. About a half hour from the pavillion.

    Which hotel? Iím looking to book one.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2023, 11:13 AM   #16
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 597

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    citi presale actually came up huge
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2023, 03:35 PM   #17
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr
     
    DIDriveOut2SPAC's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 26,276

    Shows Seen: 35

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    citi presale actually came up huge


    Was able to easily gain some uppers - prices were insane for lower.
    __________________
    Dan|
    DIDriveOut2SPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2023, 03:39 PM   #18
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out
     
    42km's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Toronto Canada
    Posts: 2,215

    Shows Seen: 128

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Venue camping and parking tickets now on public sale:
    https://banknhpavilion.com/?page=camp
    __________________
    "What I want is what I've not got. But what I need is all around meĒ

    Summer 2023: Darien, Burgettstown, Gilford x2, SPAC x2, WPB x2, Gorge x3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2023, 07:53 PM   #19
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Booked a room at Steele Hill resorts since everything closer to the venue or in Laconia was booked.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2023, 08:32 PM   #20
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 597

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post


    Was able to easily gain some uppers - prices were insane for lower.

    Awesome! There were actually a ton of citi presale which was great to see. Only a handful of lowers left
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2023, 09:54 AM   #21
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 597

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    editing only a group of 3 and a group of 2 left in the lower sections outside of a few singles in case anyone wants something in that section
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2023, 05:33 PM   #22
    meesholoski
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh
    Posts: 196

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42km View Post
    Venue camping and parking tickets now on public sale:
    https://banknhpavilion.com/?page=camp
    Do we need to buy parking passes? And what is a nicer area to stay, Plymouth or Tilton?
    meesholoski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2023, 09:31 PM   #23
    markk
     
    markk's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: MA
    Posts: 508

    Shows Seen: 64

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meesholoski View Post
    Do we need to buy parking passes? And what is a nicer area to stay, Plymouth or Tilton?
    Yes, a parking pass is required. Tilton is probably better for hotels, restaurants and shopping.
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2023, 03:24 PM   #24
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markk View Post
    Yes, a parking pass is required. Tilton is probably better for hotels, restaurants and shopping.
    If you find any hotels with rooms available in Tilton let me know.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2023, 11:27 AM   #25
    Bartender8586
     
    Join Date: May 2022
    Posts: 4

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Has anyone had club seats? Looks like it's folding table with chairs? Just curious what to expect. Thanks in advance.
    Bartender8586 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2023, 05:23 PM   #26
    smm16
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoopsman1982 View Post
    If you find any hotels with rooms available in Tilton let me know.
    The Hampton Inn on Laconia Road in Tilton has rooms. I stayed there two years ago and it worked out well - only 20 minutes from the show.
    smm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2023, 01:33 PM   #27
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smm16 View Post
    The Hampton Inn on Laconia Road in Tilton has rooms. I stayed there two years ago and it worked out well - only 20 minutes from the show.
    When did you book? Website shows that it is sold out and when I checked a few days ago it was sold out too. Iíll try calling them later this week.
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #28
    smm16
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoopsman1982 View Post
    When did you book? Website shows that it is sold out and when I checked a few days ago it was sold out too. Iíll try calling them later this week.
    I booked it yesterday. I just looked and found rooms available. If you go to Hilton.com, search for that hotel and put in 7/11 - 7/13, there were rooms still available.
    smm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2023, 01:13 PM   #29
    Hoopsman1982
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 344

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smm16 View Post
    I booked it yesterday. I just looked and found rooms available. If you go to Hilton.com, search for that hotel and put in 7/11 - 7/13, there were rooms still available.
    If I try to book for one night it shows nothing available but if I do two nights then it shows rooms available. Iím just going to the Tuesday night show though so Iíll stick with my original reservation at Steele Hill. Thanks for the info!
    Hoopsman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2023, 02:09 PM   #30
    DvMatthewsBnd
     
    DvMatthewsBnd's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Posts: 261

    Shows Seen: 119

    Re: ***Official GILFORD, NH 2023***Lakes Region

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bartender8586 View Post
    Has anyone had club seats? Looks like it's folding table with chairs? Just curious what to expect. Thanks in advance.
    It's a table with a waitperson I believe. Never sat there but last year they had these amazing looking pretzels only available in club lol.
    __________________
    -=and i hope you love me like you say you do=-
    co-host of The Pod That Jane Likes
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1632843037
    DvMatthewsBnd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram