2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update) - Page 8 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #211
artiej1120

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyray34 View Post
If you are talking the new moody amphitheater been to shows there it’s 5k tops. They are talking about building a 15k venue in bee caves I think though.
Ah you’re right, just looked it up - my bad. I heard about the one out in Bee Caves, looks like it could be awesome if it happens.
artiej1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-27-2021, 09:35 PM   #212
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

is the pavilion at COTA not good or something? why would austin need another major amp?
    Old 11-28-2021, 06:32 AM   #213
    blaise34

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmcniff22 View Post
    Meaning? If they play a festival in CT, it'll be in their contract they can't play within like 90 miles.
    That's pretty weird
    blaise34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #214
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I literally drove right past the Healthcare Hartford arena over the holidays as I had to go to Long Island for Thanksgiving and the ferry to and from NY is walking distance to the arena. Not the best area in Bridgeport but I noticed around the area that there's a few large parcels of land that don't look like they're being used for anything, but I can totally see tents being popped up for a festival as there is certainly enough room (not sure who has the rights to it, though from a city/town perspective). But if you are coming from Long Island to this supposed festival in the Bridgeport, CT area next year, it is super easy to walk over from the ferry.

By the way, Two Roads Brewery is nearby and they've expanded their facility and I'm sure will be jammed by tailgaters before the festival as their beer is super tasty.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-28-2021, 09:19 AM   #215
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    I literally drove right past the Healthcare Hartford arena over the holidays as I had to go to Long Island for Thanksgiving and the ferry to and from NY is walking distance to the arena. Not the best area in Bridgeport but I noticed around the area that there's a few large parcels of land that don't look like they're being used for anything, but I can totally see tents being popped up for a festival as there is certainly enough room (not sure who has the rights to it, though from a city/town perspective). But if you are coming from Long Island to this supposed festival in the Bridgeport, CT area next year, it is super easy to walk over from the ferry.

By the way, Two Roads Brewery is nearby and they've expanded their facility and I'm sure will be jammed by tailgaters before the festival as their beer is super tasty.
    Great news for me if this comes to fruition.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #216
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I was at Webster Bank Arena last month for an NHL preseason game right next to the Hartford Healthcare Amp. The ferry is right there but there isn't much parking since the Amp and Webster Bank Arena are smaller venues so a festival would be interesting in that sense.

I still hope the band doesn't play this festival given what we got from the band during Sea Hear Now which is within a 1-2 hour radius from Bader Field, Camden, NYC and they still got a crap cookie cutter set.

Mohegan or Hartford 2022 I am going to get some lobbyist to block dmb from playing this festival.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-28-2021, 05:39 PM   #217
    bcore15

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The festival will actually be at seaside park which is a few minutes from the venue on the beach with plenty of grassy space. Gathering of the vibes hosted there for years
    bcore15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #218
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmcniff22 View Post

Hoping for Deer Creek to be the last weekend of June. Be nice to come home from Red Rocks with a Creekend

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #219
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    They’d sell all 3 out easily
    The only way they could sell out stadiums again would be if they had a couple of huge openers. You would need a bill similar to what they had at Virginia Tech in 2007 or at the Caravan shows to sell out a stadium. If the bill had DMB, John Mayer, and someone like Ray LaMontagne then they might be able to sell out multiple nights at a stadium venue. The only artists who can sell out multiple nights ata stadium without big time supporting acts are Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Adele, Led Zeppelin (if they reunited) and maybe U2.
    Old 11-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #220
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    The only artists who can sell out multiple nights ata stadium without big time supporting acts are Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Adele, Led Zeppelin (if they reunited) and maybe U2.

You left out BTS, who are currently in the midst of several sold out dates at the new SoFi Stadium in L.A.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #221
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The only way they could sell out stadiums again would be if they had a couple of huge openers. You would need a bill similar to what they had at Virginia Tech in 2007 or at the Caravan shows to sell out a stadium. If the bill had DMB, John Mayer, and someone like Ray LaMontagne then they might be able to sell out multiple nights at a stadium venue. The only artists who can sell out multiple nights ata stadium without big time supporting acts are Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Adele, Led Zeppelin (if they reunited) and maybe U2.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    You left out BTS, who are currently in the midst of several sold out dates at the new SoFi Stadium in L.A.
    Baseball Stadiums =/= Football Stadiums

DMB probably wouldn't sell out either, but there are plenty of bands that could sell out Fenway or Wrigley but not come close at Gillette or Soldier Field.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #222
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Why would anyone want to see a band in a stadium if they didn't have to?

As to DMB selling out stadiums, they likely could easily...as one nighters on a tour with 20-25 total dates. The sound wouldn't be as good. Those far seats SUCK at stadiums, unless they played in the round (and even they the upper decks are not designed for sound).

Sheds and arenas are big as they should go for quality sound AND to get two nighters. I'm hoping for smaller venues in the future...three nights if that's the only way it's feasible...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #223
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Why would anyone want to see a band in a stadium if they didn't have to?

As to DMB selling out stadiums, they likely could easily...as one nighters on a tour with 20-25 total dates. The sound wouldn't be as good. Those far seats SUCK at stadiums, unless they played in the round (and even they the upper decks are not designed for sound).

Sheds and arenas are big as they should go for quality sound AND to get two nighters. I'm hoping for smaller venues in the future...three nights if that's the only way it's feasible...
    I agree 100% and i am a huge ballpark and football stadium nut that loves those venues. But the few experiences in ballparks/stadiums for music were not well outside of being right at the field soundboard for dead and co.

The huge issue with Stadiums is if you are not on the field or pit you can feel disconnected or not get quality sound as you said due to the venues not being made for live music.

Stadiums/ballparks are only meant for acts with an overwhelming demand like DMB in their heyday and the Taylors, BTS, Stones etc that are still high demand acts.
    Old 11-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #224
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    As for multiple nights at a stadium venue, Stones and Elton may sell out some stadiums but not all of them. I wonder if REM reunited if they could sell out some stadiums. Not sure if Madonna could sell out a stadium now. One Direction reuniting might be able to sell out some but not all. Bieber could sell out a few but not all, too.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2021, 10:43 PM   #225
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

how often do any of them tour? if DMB only toured every 4 years, they'd probably sell stadiums pretty well. enough people would be jonesing to see the band and would travel to see multiple shows, on top of the locals who would go because the band hasn't been around in years. they might not sell out 70k seats, but i dont think 55k would be out of the question after such a long layoff.
    Old 11-30-2021, 06:54 AM   #226
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    how often do any of them tour? if DMB only toured every 4 years, they'd probably sell stadiums pretty well. enough people would be jonesing to see the band and would travel to see multiple shows, on top of the locals who would go because the band hasn't been around in years. they might not sell out 70k seats, but i dont think 55k would be out of the question after such a long layoff.
    Ed, Taylor, BTS, U2, and a few others still would have more demand. Much of DMB's fans over the years as they got older stopped going to shows. No fiddle and no Roi are 2 huge factors that have kept many day 1 WH fans at home for the last 15 years.

Whereas These acts selling out stadiums have more engaged crowds and larger demographics going to their shows in the current moment. Even if DMB only toured every other year it would be the same 20,000 fans that go to 10-15 shows going to buy tickets.
    Old 11-30-2021, 07:53 AM   #227
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I think if DMB became a nostalgia act they'd likely sell more tickets - and that's with a lot less people going to multiple shows.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 08:09 AM   #228
    DMB24Illini

Shows Seen: 298

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mikeap View Post
    Any predictions on ticket prices for this year. Tickets are always relatively affordable compared to other major acts, but with the current inflation, gas, etc. I'm wondering what they're going to creep up to this year. Will we hit $150 for lowers? Or is that still a few years away?

My guess is pits/lowers are $135 face before fees (what MSG was). And that we may, sadly, be headed towards electronic tickets from the WH (administered through TM). That's what Phish did for the MSG shows.

297 shows, 31 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #229
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think if DMB became a nostalgia act they'd likely sell more tickets - and that's with a lot less people going to multiple shows.
    Eh, one could make the argument they have been a nostalgia act for some time now.
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #230
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

nostalgia acts don't play all the new shit that DMB plays
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #231
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Eh, one could make the argument they have been a nostalgia act for some time now.
    They have been I agree 100%. I have noticed at certain venues here in the northeast there are fans who finally got the kids raised and go out on a date night here in Mansfield or Mohegan (Hartford in 2019) and they are reliving the glory days of Dave in the late 90s with their spouse. Ants marching or Crash is played and that demographic goes nuts.

DMB has maxed out their popularity and if the band didn't have these destination venues like SPAC, Gorge, Deer Creek, now Fiddlers the ticket sales would be much worse even if they toured every other year.

One of the big issues with Nostalgia value for DMB is they literally don't sound anything like the acoustic percussive era that they sold out stadiums in. No fiddle and since roi has past they have turned into a rock band. Sound was better balanced this year but DMB in 2021 compared to even 2006 is completely different sound live where most Nostalgia acts while having lineup changes live sound like they did 20 years ago.
    Old 11-30-2021, 09:06 AM   #232
    ccarey23

Shows Seen: 95

My Tour Central Stats

Booked my Saratoga Rooms. Not cheap.

I'm hearing that DMB is pretty legit for the second weekend of the Sound on the Sound festival 9/24 or 25. Could line up nicely with Farm Aid.
    ccarey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 09:56 AM   #233
    eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Lmao DMB/Dave is the least nostalgic act out there. I think Dave wants to be like Neil Young in a way; just keep putting out new music and playing shows forever. If DMB was a nostalgia act, they would’ve gotten a violin back in the mix but they seem to be more concerned about moving forward and trying new things.
    eggsrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #234
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    nostalgia acts don't play all the new shit that DMB plays
    Yeah - my definition of nostalgia act doesn't line up with DMB at all.
    Old 11-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #235
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I wish DMB was a nostalgia act.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #236
    matt630

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

FWIW the source of info for a SPAC rumor (7/8 and 7/9) also said that Foo Fighters would be playing SPAC on 7/19 and that the show would be announced today, both of which turned out to be legit.

My Tour Stats
    matt630 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #237
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    is the pavilion at COTA not good or something? why would austin need another major amp?
    The new one isn't a major amp. It holds around 1/3 of what COTA holds. Much too small for DMB. Beach House and Bon Iver are among the upcoming acts.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 11-30-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 01:26 PM   #238
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Definitely not into the idea of them only playing "The Sound on the Sound" festival in CT. Would this mean Mansfield is out too? Jones Beach?

I kind of find it hard to believe but I guess we will see.

For what it's worth, they could easily sell out Mohegan both nights in June and do this festival in September from a ticket sales standpoint.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #239
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I'm feeling that Alpine will show up again. Perhaps even July 1 and 2? Seems like it would make sense on their way to SPAC. Rage is playing there on July 9th.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-30-2021, 02:00 PM   #240
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    I'm feeling that Alpine will show up again. Perhaps even July 1 and 2? Seems like it would make sense on their way to SPAC. Rage is playing there on July 9th.

I know the 3-day stand isn't the norm for the crew, but wouldn't a Fri-Sun make sense at Alpine in 2022 since the Fourth of July falls on a Monday??

Seems like a no brainer to me. Regardless, it'd be nice to have that Monday off after a Fri-Sat at Alpine, but I'd take a Sunday show, as well.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote