**Dave & Tim Mexico 2023** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-21-2022, 01:17 PM   #31
surferbrad87

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Dave & Tim Mexico 2023**

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
my wife and i are looking at going with some friends who aren't dave fans and would just want to go with us for the weekend

but it looks like the resort must have all rooms reserved for that weekend because their site is telling me that the nearest available dates are at the end of february

can any vets confirm if the resort does this and then opens up rooms on those dates depending on demand for the D+T packages?
Also, package prices dropped a week or 2 before the event as well but again probably due to people cancelling due to rise in covid cases and didn't want to go so you may not want to depend on that.
surferbrad87 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-21-2022, 01:22 PM   #32
    facelessman

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by surferbrad87 View Post
    I am not a vet but I was looking to do that last year and some rooms opened up about a week or so before the event but that may have been due to covid cancels. Who knows.
    Pretty sure the hotel has them all blocked off for the presale for WH, Vets and any others who can get in.
    facelessman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 01:48 PM   #33
    soulkickmd

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

We are in!! This year. Somehow I manifested three people to say “Fuck it let’s go!!!!l” Spend the weekend lining up 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice for Tuesday. Looking forward to rocking with all you who plunge in ‘23. Love the deep ocean theme! Hope that stays through the merch and maybe the posters!!!!

We be going. All else is icing.

Last edited by soulkickmd; 07-21-2022 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Grammar
    soulkickmd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 03:43 PM   #34
    SeminolePride77

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

For anyone who has done this before, would you advise if one of the Sunset, Nizuc, or The Grand is better than the others, and if so, why? I know the venue is at Sunset, but its also just one gigantic property, right? Is there sometime about one of the others (and I don't care about Gold Course or the Hilton) that makes it worth spending more money?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else or in a prior year.

Thanks for your advice.
    SeminolePride77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #35
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

How’s the pricing compared to last year? Looking at the packages today, I don’t recall them being quite as pricey. May just be misremembering.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 04:11 PM   #36
    mandemiowa

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeminolePride77 View Post
    For anyone who has done this before, would you advise if one of the Sunset, Nizuc, or The Grand is better than the others, and if so, why? I know the venue is at Sunset, but its also just one gigantic property, right? Is there sometime about one of the others (and I don't care about Gold Course or the Hilton) that makes it worth spending more money?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else or in a prior year.

Thanks for your advice.
    Sunset-where venue is at, so close to and fro show and merch tent. large pool, flow rider, more restaurants than nizuc.

Nizuc- daytime parties, smaller pool(?), really not that far from Sunrise/venue/merch. But still, a 10 minute walk in the sun, or golf cart ride away.Not as many food options, does have Brazilian steakhouse that wasn't bad.

Grand- not sure, never went. But more $, and further away from Nizuc and even further from Sunrise. Many more food options, and I'm sure better food.

That's my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    mandemiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #37
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Ok, I'm seriously considering this time.

Is is possible to do this not being a Warehouse member?

Also, I would be solo. Do people going solo ever pool together to get a room at a cheaper rate? Basically, what are my options if I go solo?
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 04:59 PM   #38
    sheman10

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

We're in! This will be our 5th of 6. Super expensive but totally worth it!

Cheryl's the resident expert but I'm a vet too so I can provide advice here and there as well
    Old 07-21-2022, 05:00 PM   #39
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    How’s the pricing compared to last year? Looking at the packages today, I don’t recall them being quite as pricey. May just be misremembering.
    Did Nizuc Ocean View this year. Next year is ~$500 more per person for the same package
    Old 07-21-2022, 05:10 PM   #40
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandemiowa View Post
    Sunset-where venue is at, so close to and fro show and merch tent. large pool, flow rider, more restaurants than nizuc.

Nizuc- daytime parties, smaller pool(?), really not that far from Sunrise/venue/merch. But still, a 10 minute walk in the sun, or golf cart ride away.Not as many food options, does have Brazilian steakhouse that wasn't bad.

Grand- not sure, never went. But more $, and further away from Nizuc and even further from Sunrise. Many more food options, and I'm sure better food.

That's my 2 cents.

We like Nizuc, but I wouldn't say it's significantly different than Sunrise (we'd be perfectly fine staying at Sunrise).

We stayed til Wednesday this past year so on Tuesday when it was dead (post D&T/pre-Phish) we walked thru The Grand. We liked it, but it didn't seem like it was worth the extra money for the full week, but we do want to go back so we'll probably buy a day pass or two.
    Old 07-21-2022, 05:16 PM   #41
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    Ok, I'm seriously considering this time.

Is is possible to do this not being a Warehouse member?

Also, I would be solo. Do people going solo ever pool together to get a room at a cheaper rate? Basically, what are my options if I go solo?
    You can definitely go solo (there are packages for 1 person at Sunrise) and it's definitely possible to go not being a Warehouse member, but the most popular packages went pretty quickly this year, though that may not be an issue for a solo package
    Old 07-21-2022, 05:23 PM   #42
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That's my 2 cents.

I've stayed at all 3 properties. Main difference imo between Sunrise and Nizuic is Sunrise doesn't have any ocean front rooms. I usually try to get ocean front when I travel
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #43
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Someone in my group has gone before and she'll be getting the early presale code through the WH. She'll be on a flight during the on sale. Can she just give me the pre-sale code and I can use it on my own? Or is it linked to her WH account? Does anyone know how that works?
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 06:26 PM   #44
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Someone in my group has gone before and she'll be getting the early presale code through the WH. She'll be on a flight during the on sale. Can she just give me the pre-sale code and I can use it on my own? Or is it linked to her WH account? Does anyone know how that works?
    99% sure you'll be able to use it. It's just a code to open up the pre-sale. Once you enter the code, there aren't any additional Warehouse log-in credentials required
    Old 07-21-2022, 06:40 PM   #45
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheman10 View Post
    99% sure you'll be able to use it. It's just a code to open up the pre-sale. Once you enter the code, there aren't any additional Warehouse log-in credentials required
    Thanks! Also, with respect to the payment plan, is there an added fee for utilizing it instead of paying it all up front or is it the same price?
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #46
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks! Also, with respect to the payment plan, is there an added fee for utilizing it instead of paying it all up front or is it the same price?
    from the fine print:

"Once your initial down payment is received the price of your purchase will not change. If you participate in a payment plan, you understand and agree that the payment plan is subject to the terms of the Truth in Lending Act and although you will not be charged any interest, you will be charged a fee as stated during the purchase process. You hereby further acknowledge that you have been provided with all necessary information relating to your purchase and your participation in the payment plan, and that we have your express authorization to process payment of the balance and the payment plan."
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:05 PM   #47
    prokid123

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Just about have my wife convinced to go. She isn't a huge Dave fan (but tolerates). However, she loves the beach and traveling and getting out of the cold, dark Chicago winter. Couple questions:

1. Touched upon a bit here, but is the Grand "worth it"? Think we are eyeing the Grand Presidential Suite for 2 OR the Nizuc Governor Suite Ocean View Shard Terrace for 2. Both obviously seem great but wondering if being 'closer' to the action at Nizuc is better. We aren't big partiers but do like to drink. With the Grand, I like the sound of "premium food and beverage options" and perhaps more "private" pools.

2. What are the 'hot' packages that will go quickest on Tuesday?

3. The venue itself, are there any seating options? As part of the non-Dave fan thing, my wife likes to sit and relax for about half the show. The FAQ isn't clear ("no assigned seating in the venue" but "ample seating around the venue"). If we want to be near seats, are we going to be far from the stage and hamper the experience?

Thanks in advance.
    prokid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #48
    dpduke5173

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

Thinking about doing Mexico again! Had a great time in 18/19 at Barcelo but looking forward to checking out Moon Palace!
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:39 PM   #49
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prokid123 View Post
    Just about have my wife convinced to go. She isn't a huge Dave fan (but tolerates). However, she loves the beach and traveling and getting out of the cold, dark Chicago winter. Couple questions:

1. Touched upon a bit here, but is the Grand "worth it"? Think we are eyeing the Grand Presidential Suite for 2 OR the Nizuc Governor Suite Ocean View Shard Terrace for 2. Both obviously seem great but wondering if being 'closer' to the action at Nizuc is better. We aren't big partiers but do like to drink. With the Grand, I like the sound of "premium food and beverage options" and perhaps more "private" pools.

3. The venue itself, are there any seating options? As part of the non-Dave fan thing, my wife likes to sit and relax for about half the show. The FAQ isn't clear ("no assigned seating in the venue" but "ample seating around the venue"). If we want to be near seats, are we going to be far from the stage and hamper the experience?

Thanks in advance.
    Regarding your third question, I recall that there was a raised platform in the back of the audience area that had many chairs on it for people that needed/wanted to sit down. If I had guess there may have been 50-75 chairs up there. Someone else might have a better memory of it.
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:42 PM   #50
    SeminolePride77

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you for your insight. Appreciate it.
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:48 PM   #51
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
    i'll give your questions a go:

1. hard to say if The Grand is worth it for you. it's personal preference and budget. yes, you'll get higher quality food and drink and the pools are smaller and more private. It's relatively nicer and there will be less D&T people and more regular vacationers. You'll be away from "the action" if that matters to you (and furthest from the stage), though shuttles are constantly running throughout the grounds taking you wherever you need to go if you don't want to walk. There are no ocean view or front rooms, if that matters to you. Like I said in a previous post, it's not worth it for us personally for the entire week, but we'll probably pay extra for a day pass or two.

2. I didn't follow super closely, so not 100% sure, but I think the packages that went the quickest are the 2-4 person mid-range rooms at Sunrise and Nizuc.

3. I have attached the Venue Map from last year. There were tables in the back by the food and drinks (patio area on the map) with a somewhat limited view of the stage, but they seemed packed most of the time. There's also a grassy courtyard area (upper-middle on the map) that has seating and was pretty empty most of the time during the shows (and also has it's own big screen and speakers that broadcast the show)
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg D&T Riviera Maya 2022 Venue Map(1).jpg (51.7 KB, 47 views)
    Old 07-21-2022, 07:49 PM   #52
    SeminolePride77

My Tour Central Stats

Follow up to my earlier question about the differences in the resorts. How far of a walk is it from the grand to the venue? Are we talking 10 minutes? 30?

Really torn here. Sunrise seems to be the best option for the parties and venue but The Grand seems to be the better resort overall. Do I want to sell one kidney or two to pay for this? Decisions decisions.
    Old 07-21-2022, 08:11 PM   #53
    illinifan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeminolePride77 View Post
    Follow up to my earlier question about the differences in the resorts. How far of a walk is it from the grand to the venue? Are we talking 10 minutes? 30?

Really torn here. Sunrise seems to be the best option for the parties and venue but The Grand seems to be the better resort overall. Do I want to sell one kidney or two to pay for this? Decisions decisions.
    From the Grand to the venue I'd say 30 min ez.
    Old 07-21-2022, 08:28 PM   #54
    prokid123

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i'll give your questions a go:

1. hard to say if The Grand is worth it for you. it's personal preference and budget. yes, you'll get higher quality food and drink and the pools are smaller and more private. It's relatively nicer and there will be less D&T people and more regular vacationers. You'll be away from "the action" if that matters to you (and furthest from the stage), though shuttles are constantly running throughout the grounds taking you wherever you need to go if you don't want to walk. There are no ocean view or front rooms, if that matters to you. Like I said in a previous post, it's not worth it for us personally for the entire week, but we'll probably pay extra for a day pass or two.

2. I didn't follow super closely, so not 100% sure, but I think the packages that went the quickest are the 2-4 person mid-range rooms at Sunrise and Nizuc.

3. I have attached the Venue Map from last year. There were tables in the back by the food and drinks (patio area on the map) with a somewhat limited view of the stage, but they seemed packed most of the time. There's also a grassy courtyard area (upper-middle on the map) that has seating and was pretty empty most of the time during the shows (and also has it's own big screen and speakers that broadcast the show)

Really appreciate the help. This is really informative. I think the lack of ocean view/front rooms all but knocks the Grand out for us. Having that ocean view when you first wake up is basically a necessity whenever we travel to the Caribbean, Mexico and the like. One option could be the Presidential Suite, which then gives access to the Grand. Although if we are at Sunrise, how often will we really want to make the long hike over to Grand just for better food/drink? Tough call.

For the venue, how 'crowded' does the general admission get towards the middle and back? In other words, if we were hanging near the middle-ish and my wife wanted to go sit/chill for a while, is it a hassle getting back? Super specific question, I know. Just a unique setting and my wife has quite a few questions. ha
    prokid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #55
    sheman10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Really appreciate the help. This is really informative. I think the lack of ocean view/front rooms all but knocks the Grand out for us. Having that ocean view when you first wake up is basically a necessity whenever we travel to the Caribbean, Mexico and the like. One option could be the Presidential Suite, which then gives access to the Grand. Although if we are at Sunrise, how often will we really want to make the long hike over to Grand just for better food/drink? Tough call.

For the venue, how 'crowded' does the general admission get towards the middle and back? In other words, if we were hanging near the middle-ish and my wife wanted to go sit/chill for a while, is it a hassle getting back? Super specific question, I know. Just a unique setting and my wife has quite a few questions. ha
    first point: anywhere on the property is pretty quick to get to when you jump on a shuttle, which are everywhere. I wouldn't worry about that.

second point: up front during the shows? pretty tight and a tough go. middle-back? you'll be fine
    Old 07-21-2022, 08:59 PM   #56
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The raised platform I mentioned is the dark rectangle with the wheelchair icon on the map. It was labeled as an ADA section but I saw all types of people go there for a seat.
    Old 07-21-2022, 09:01 PM   #57
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    From the Grand to the venue I'd say 30 min ez.
    They will bus you over to if you don't want to walk. I recall last year they also had a separate side entrance to the venue area for Grand folks.
    Old 07-21-2022, 09:40 PM   #58
    illinifan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    They will bus you over to if you don't want to walk. I recall last year they also had a separate side entrance to the venue area for Grand folks.
    Yes I'm aware. The question posed was "how far of a walk."
    Old 07-21-2022, 09:47 PM   #59
    CDN-DMBfan

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    First of all, last year I distinctly remember people were able to give their codes to others to use and there were no issues.

I just noticed this comment on one of the emails “ Your unique pre-sale access code may not be shared and may only be used ONE TIME, to either purchase an available package OR join the waitlist for a package that is sold out.” So just be aware that the code sharing might not work this time. It might have something to do with the change over from CID to whoever is running it now, Playa Luna Presents which is probably just a front for live nation.
    CDN-DMBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2022, 09:53 PM   #60
    CDN-DMBfan

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Couple things about the Grand.

It’s about a 10-15 minute walk back from the venue. We took the bus each night to the venue.

We stayed our first year at Sunrise and last year at The Grand. We’re doing the Grand again this year because we liked the flexibility of having somewhere quieter to go. After partying at the Sunrise pools Thursday and Friday we were done, so we hung out at the adults only pool at the grand the rest of our trip. It worked out well for us, especially because by Saturday, if you weren’t at the sunrise pool by 8am or so, you pretty much didn’t have chairs. Lots of people “holding” seats coupled with people who truely got there early.

Bars and restaurants as mentioned seemed better at the Grabd too, but to each their own.

Hope to see some folks there next year. Already planning our swag.
    CDN-DMBfan is offline   Reply With Quote