*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 8753 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #262561
DMBstandUP1984
Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
Meanwhile, the President will unveil a $775B plan for universal statue care.

Seriously, though. What is Trump's policy platform for 2021-2024?

That one dude itt said he was voting for Trump because he doesn’t like the direction the country has been heading the last four years sooooo I guess that.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #262562
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Meanwhile, the President will unveil a $775B plan for universal statue care.

Seriously, though. What is Trump's policy platform for 2021-2024?
    His policy platform is to stop the slide to the leftist platform.

The PROBLEM is that him being president will accelerate the slide toward the leftist platform.

So, if you don't want to slide toward the leftist platform (like parker or shotty) your best course of action, if you are thinking long term, is to vote for Biden.

Gotta lose the battle if you want to win the war.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #262563
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    I am hopeful but not depending on this outcome. But it does fill me with joy to think the Dems could have a government trifecta for two years.

At first I was prepared to be pissed about this. But to be fair he said he wants to have students taught about all religions including Islam. He did not say he wanted it to be the focus of education and elevated above science. I am ok with people learning about religion. It is still part of our everyday world and to ignore it as subject matter would be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right. But how is Fox News and oann? Going to cover that sound bite lol
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:44 AM   #262564
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    I am hopeful but not depending on this outcome. But it does fill me with joy to think the Dems could have a government trifecta for two years.

At first I was prepared to be pissed about this. But to be fair he said he wants to have students taught about all religions including Islam. He did not say he wanted it to be the focus of education and elevated above science. I am ok with people learning about religion. It is still part of our everyday world and to ignore it as subject matter would be wrong.

I mean honestly... I was just trying to throw SOMETHING in here about Joe. Last several pages have been pretty void of any mentions of the other guy running for president.

I actually don't think he meant any of it... just pandering to the audience like politicians do.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:44 AM   #262565
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    That one dude itt said he was voting for Trump because he doesn’t like the direction the country has been heading the last four years sooooo I guess that.
    these people are allowed to be part of our society and that scares the living fuck out of me. they can barely breathe, let alone think.
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:46 AM   #262566
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    To what degree? As someone who went to public school the only time I remember religion being mentioned was when were learning about evolution. We were briefed on some religions believing in creationism. That was about it. And I think that was only b/c some kid's mom complained.

I'm not surprised at all that you were learned about religion in a catholic school.

My public education included religious history and impact in both High School and college. I credit that education to helping create my point of view on religion and it’s vast impact on our world. I am glad I had that opportunity to see religion for what it is.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:48 AM   #262567
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I mean honestly... I was just trying to throw SOMETHING in here about Joe. Last several pages have been pretty void of any mentions of the other guy running for president
    Wrong.gif

One page ago:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Biden today will unveil a $775 billion plan for universal preschool, child care and elder care

https://twitter.com/agearan/status/1...052469766?s=21
    Two pages ago:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Biden on Trump: “The irony is, all this talk about the president saying I want to defund police departments, his budget calls for cutting police, local -- aid to local police agencies, by half a billion dollars. Typical, isn't it? Typical."

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/12...265563651?s=19

Joe brings up a good point. Trump doesn't want to bail out state and local governments. That means cuts. That means defunding the police.

So if you want to fund the police, vote joe.
    Three pages ago:
    Quote:
    Actually, he's promised them the opposite: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/bide...-tax-cuts.html

He even told them that they aren't going to like it, but they're going to take their medicine. It's a baller move to say that to your donors.

Sir Old Fuck Drop, time to up the prescription on those glasses! There's been Biden talk on every page!

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!

Last edited by BTBaboon; 07-21-2020 at 05:50 AM.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:49 AM   #262568
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    You’re right. But how is Fox News and oann? Going to cover that sound bite lol

They will most definitely use this to scare up fear. But they do this about anything and everything. Fear of liberals is the Republicans most effective tool in their arsenal. They have nothing in terms of a solid policy platform.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:51 AM   #262569
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    One page ago:

Two pages ago:

Three pages ago:

Sir Old Fuck Drop, time to up the prescription on those glasses! There's been Biden talk on every page!
    I mean, your first one was after my initial post so...

Also, I didn't say 'completely' void... so, again...

Also, also... I was in school during the crusades so that's probably why religion wasn't taught in history class. It was a current event.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:55 AM   #262570
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Also, also... I was in school during the crusades so that's probably why religion wasn't taught in history class. It was a current event.
    What was Merlin like?

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 05:55 AM   #262571
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    From the state that gave us Kobach and his fake conspiracies about voting, an actual case —> GOP Kansas Congressman Steve Watkins charged with three felonies in illegal voting case https://t.co/uCGJ7PqZn7

https://twitter.com/JoeSudbay/status...016489985?s=19

Have we talked about this?

I think I've said it before but it's all projection by the republicans. The things they think Democrats do is because they themselves either engage in it or want to engage in it and they can't fathom that Democrats wouldn't do the same.

Meanwhile, the actual democratic party is run by a bunch of nerds who follow rules.
    Source: Trump tweet encouraging mask wearing came as a result of internal polls showing mass disapproval of his handling of pandemic @kaitlancollins reports https://t.co/nwYEWYqnYw

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/statu...039108608?s=19

Sigh.

I'm seeing this play out in real time with my family. They can't fathom that people would wear a mask just to be safe. There's got to be some ulterior motive.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #262572
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Source: Trump tweet encouraging mask wearing came as a result of internal polls showing mass disapproval of his handling of pandemic @kaitlancollins reports https://t.co/nwYEWYqnYw

Sigh.

I'm seeing this play out in real time with my family. They can't fathom that people would wear a mask just to be safe. There's got to be some ulterior motive.
    What do your anti mask family members think about Trump now “encouraging” and wearing one?
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #262573
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What was Merlin like?
    Merlin was an asshole.

Quote:

Sigh.

I honestly don't care what his reasoning is at this point... Trump being on board with masks can only help the situation.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #262574
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

I think by wearing a mask, Trump is trying to send a coded message ---- the Deep State is trying to run him again, and so he needs to placate them. He could be getting close to finally arresting everyone.

I think we need to resist wearing masks more than ever. We know our leader wouldn't give in unless he had a reason and ulterior motive.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #262575
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I honestly don't care what his reasoning is at this point... Trump being on board with masks can only help the situation.
    He had already publicly shed the mask along with Mark Meadows and Lindsey Graham just last night at an event.

He managed to keep one on for one tweet.

I predict he walks out today wearing one, then takes it off, makes a quick quip about needing to talk better, and that's that. Maybe rambles for 30 seconds about how people are saying it's very important, and he has always supported public health, maybe more than any President in history.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 AM   #262576
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sigh.

Are you sister and BiL now going to wear masks?
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 AM   #262577
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What do your anti mask family members think about Trump now “encouraging” and wearing one?
    No idea.

My guess would be that they would acknowledge he has to say it for political reasons but wink wink nod nod he doesn't really think we have to.

My bro in law got mad that the minnesota twins had a facebook post about how people should mask up and commented on how they should play baseball and leave the health decisions to him.

Gotta think he's dabbling in Q but who knows. I try not to talk to them. I just hear it through the grapevine.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:08 AM   #262578
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Are you sister and BiL now going to wear masks?
    I don't know if my brother in law does. My sister has indicated she follows the rules.

My guess is that my brother in law would honor private businesses requests for mask wearing (muh free market) or if around people he believes to be vulnerable/high risk but wouldn't wear one otherwise.

Last edited by cazzie34; 07-21-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #262579
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Still doing the anthem thing four years later.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...648729600?s=20
    Looking forward to live sports, but any time I witness a player kneeling during the National Anthem, a sign of great disrespect for our Country and our Flag, the game is over for me!

Touting the stock market with millions out of jobs
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...892748288?s=20

Strong Stock Market Numbers. You want to see them dive? Vote for the Radical Left with their BIG Tax Hikes!

Guy definitely cares about REAL americans!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.

Last edited by TheLastPig; 07-21-2020 at 06:14 AM.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:14 AM   #262580
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    I went to a public school in rural Virginia and we had a whole segment on each of the major world religions as part of world history class. Learned what the major beliefs were, how they were formed, where they’re practiced, etc. I did my presentation on Hinduism, fascinating religion.
    We did the same in my world history class when I was a sophomore in HS. This was in 1996-97.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:17 AM   #262581
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) reportedly got into a confrontation with AOC, in which he called her "disgusting" and concluded by saying, "Fucking bitch."

https://twitter.com/aaronblake/statu...691284481?s=21

Jeez.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:21 AM   #262582
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

“Police activity is being reported at Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder’s farm and the U.S. Attorney’s office said it is holding a 2:30 p.m. press conference today related to $60 million in bribes paid to a state official and associates.” https://t.co/AaHwyrtrHo

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...987841536?s=19

Sigh.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #262583
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    “Police activity is being reported at Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder’s farm and the U.S. Attorney’s office said it is holding a 2:30 p.m. press conference today related to $60 million in bribes paid to a state official and associates.” https://t.co/AaHwyrtrHo

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...987841536?s=19

Sigh.
    The one time he decides to start accepting bribes, he gets caught. It's not fair.

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:25 AM   #262584
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Roger is not here to tell us about it, but known Corrupt #1 in Illinois Michael Madigan is also under investigation.

He's about as slippery as Roger Stone though, so I expect him to backroom bargain his way out of trouble, like he always does.

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 07-21-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #262585
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

My thoughts on POTUS resuming briefings:

1. It's a mistake. That room is a hot spot. Too many reporters don't want info- they want a fight.
    2. Don't give them a fight.
    3. When reporters taunt, rise above.
    4. Talk personally. Show you care.

5. Be specific about what the Fed government is doing.
    6. Get out of the room within 30 minutes.
    7. Do NOT do these things daily.
    8. It would be far better for POTUS to travel the country showing what the government has done rather than spending time in the briefing room.

9. When HHS sends drugs to hot spots, go to the warehouse where the drugs are shipped and give a speech.
    10. When FEMA/HHS send masks and supplies to hot spots, go to the warehouse where the trucks depart from and give a speech.

11. When the Fed government sends nurses to hot spots, visit the nurses and give a speech.
    12. When the Fed government sends doctors to hot spots, visit the doctors and give a speech.
    13. Send buses with testing facilities to poor neighborhoods where they need help the most.

Final point: In other words, instead of being at the WH with reporters, POTUS should go where the action is and show the world what he has done/is doing.

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/sta...174974465?s=19

If you want a laugh...
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #262586
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Really hard to believe that Trump’s “lie, suppress and politicize” coronavirus strategy has blown up in his face. Seemed foolproof.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #262587
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
    IF you fear you might not be voting legally AND you have no one to help you register properly AND there is a political party saying you will go to jail if you vote illegally THEN otherwise franchised voters may not vote or register to vote
    Quote:
    If you don't think there are people out there who think "they are making this process difficult and they hope I mess up so they can put me in jail so I'm not going to risk it" then you don't understand people.
    New: A black North Carolina woman who mistakenly voted while ineligible asked a prosecutor to dismiss the case against her. The prosecutor responded by doubling the felony charges: https://t.co/AwKc87IUqk

https://twitter.com/srl/status/1285567619974737921?s=19

Sigh.
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #262588
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

This is where I get to remind people of the historical performance of the stock market depending on what party controls the White House; note this does not include Trump's years, so the Republican return is probably around 3% (vs 2% - Democrats are around 11%)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterla.../#419604cb239d
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #262589
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

When I taught 7th grade I taught most of the main religions. It's not hard to teach what people believe in without telling students what to believe themselves

the one thing that would get me though is when they said "that's stupid" or that's dumb" about believing in a specific god, or what people believed a god or prophet did......then I'd remind them that most of the class believed a dude walked on water, turned water into wine, and another dude built a boat big enough for 2 of every living thing on the planet...that kinda puts them in the right mindset

I always wanted to say that most of them believe that the only white guys in the middle east at the time of ancient Rome happened to be Jesus and his followers, but that would have been pushing it

Last edited by smokew11; 07-21-2020 at 06:47 AM.
    smokew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #262590
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) reportedly got into a confrontation with AOC, in which he called her "disgusting" and concluded by saying, "Fucking bitch."

https://twitter.com/aaronblake/statu...691284481?s=21

Jeez.
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1285411816596819976

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1285403665965121538

she angry @ kilmeade