***Official Southaven 2023 Thread*** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-20-2023, 04:23 PM   #31
LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Southaven 2023 Thread***

I'm flying in for this experience. This and Nashville were the only dates that worked for this Colorado boy. It can be me and ten fans and I'll party like I'm at the Gorge. To me, it's all about hearing some new tunes. I'm actually excited about hearing five or six new songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners243 View Post
Last year the Brandon show sold poorly as well. Many of our big public high schools had graduation on the night they played. It’s a tough time during the week at the end of May with ceremonies and graduations occurring. All I know is I’m gonna have a fabulous time and enjoy every minute of it.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-24-2023, 10:40 AM   #32
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Checked the other night again. I can't believe how bad this is selling. They used to sell this place out fairly easily.

This is selling as bad as Little Rock 2016. They closed the entire upper deck, moved everyone down and there was still tons of empties in the lower bowl. Hopefully the venue goes full GA and we get a decent performance.

Surprised they haven't started slashing ticket prices. Doing 2 for 1 deals or something.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-24-2023, 10:42 AM   #33
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

All that said, I do know this venue also takes the approach of smaller acts playing bigger venues so there's more capacity.

Santana played there in 2018 (I think) and it wasn't near sold out. I think around 4K tickets sold. The venue held like 8 at the time (that may be off). I talked to a guy who worked the show and he told me their approach is taking artist who play smaller venues (like 2500 seat theaters) and give them more room to sell tickets with the understanding they'll have lots of empties but can sell more than if they played the theater again. It's not a bad plan in terms of ticket sales, but the optics are awful.

Yet, I somehow doubt that's what happening with DMB.
    Old 04-24-2023, 11:51 AM   #34
    Bachman40

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Well not to damn it with faint praise, but the lawn and pit both appear (to me at least) as unavailable now (without checking secondary market sources) so that's... something??

Maybe a last minute sales push will make it look a bit more respectable come showtime....

Just thinking about it, not counting Beale St Musicfest, was Autozone Park 2008 the last time they played a venue in Memphis properly? I can't believe it's been almost 15 years since that show.
    Bachman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-24-2023, 01:42 PM   #35
    SlateDMB

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bachman40 View Post
    Well not to damn it with faint praise, but the lawn and pit both appear (to me at least) as unavailable now (without checking secondary market sources) so that's... something??

Maybe a last minute sales push will make it look a bit more respectable come showtime....

Just thinking about it, not counting Beale St Musicfest, was Autozone Park 2008 the last time they played a venue in Memphis properly? I can't believe it's been almost 15 years since that show.
    Dang that's the last time they've played Memphis? I remember that show, I don't know if I've left any other DMB show as drenched in sweat as that one.

DMB'23: Texas x2, Gorge, maybe NH | https://www.setlist.fm/user/Ells
    MyAlmanac
    SlateDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-25-2023, 08:12 AM   #36
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yes; they've only played twice since I've been a fan. BSMF and Autozone Park in 2008. This will be their third performance at Southaven.
    Old 04-25-2023, 11:13 AM   #37
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlateDMB View Post
    Dang that's the last time they've played Memphis? I remember that show, I don't know if I've left any other DMB show as drenched in sweat as that one.

No shit! It was so effing hot even at the end of the show. My group was close enough to the stage near the end, you could see Dave motion to the security guards to start handing out bottled water as it seemed some people were about to pass out on the front rail.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Yes; they've only played twice since I've been a fan. BSMF and Autozone Park in 2008. This will be their third performance at Southaven.

Gotcha. Yeah I caught the first Southaven show but missed the second. I'm lucky (or rather I should say old) enough, that my first two shows were at a unique arena now known for hocking outdoor sporting goods! I haven't actually lived in Memphis in quite a while, but I'm close enough that I try not to miss when they're in the area, 2015 Southaven notwithstanding.
    Old 04-26-2023, 09:43 AM   #38
    pzamps210

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I have 5 PITs trying to sell real quick for 120 each. Tell your friends
    pzamps210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2023, 10:01 AM   #39
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I wonder why they won't lower prices for a show that's selling this shitty. Wouldn't moving a seat for $30 be better than keeping the prices where they are and have the seat go unsold?
    Old 05-01-2023, 11:17 AM   #40
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

Well it does look like some seats have dropped in price now. This is what I'm seeing on Ticketmaster...

Sections 16 & 20, which used to be $95-$115, are now $49.50-59.50.

Sec 17 and & 19, which also used to be $95-115, are now running $65-85.

And Sec 11 & 15, which used to be $135-155, now have $65, $95, and $115 tickets.

That and they are apparently using the tactic of only making every other row available.
    Old 05-01-2023, 12:53 PM   #41
    Nanners243

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    All that said, I do know this venue also takes the approach of smaller acts playing bigger venues so there's more capacity.

Santana played there in 2018 (I think) and it wasn't near sold out. I think around 4K tickets sold. The venue held like 8 at the time (that may be off). I talked to a guy who worked the show and he told me their approach is taking artist who play smaller venues (like 2500 seat theaters) and give them more room to sell tickets with the understanding they'll have lots of empties but can sell more than if they played the theater again. It's not a bad plan in terms of ticket sales, but the optics are awful.

Yet, I somehow doubt that's what happening with DMB.
    From what I’ve read before DMB gets paid a set amount regardless of ticket sales, but I don’t even pretend to understand how all that really works.
    Nanners243 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2023, 05:18 AM   #42
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I'm not fully aware of how all that works. I know bands can rent out spaces themselves then make back all the money through ticket sales or they can be booked, make bank regardless of who shows up. There's probably incentives attached to a percentage of the door or something. Who knows. But it's insane how bad this show is selling all things considered.
    Old 05-03-2023, 06:21 PM   #43
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    I wonder why they won't lower prices for a show that's selling this shitty. Wouldn't moving a seat for $30 be better than keeping the prices where they are and have the seat go unsold?
    Hopefully they go under $30 closer to the show. I may go to this
    Old 05-04-2023, 07:17 PM   #44
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well it does look like some seats have dropped in price now. This is what I'm seeing on Ticketmaster...

Sections 16 & 20, which used to be $95-$115, are now $49.50-59.50.

Sec 17 and & 19, which also used to be $95-115, are now running $65-85.

And Sec 11 & 15, which used to be $135-155, now have $65, $95, and $115 tickets.

That and they are apparently using the tactic of only making every other row available.
    Thanks for this. I was able to do the Ticketmaster exchange and bump up to the lower portion of 16 from the upper portion of the pavilion.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #45
    pzamps210

My Tour Central Stats

Any want cheap pits? Can’t believe I can’t sell pits for below face!
    Old 05-05-2023, 09:24 AM   #46
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    Thanks for this. I was able to do the Ticketmaster exchange and bump up to the lower portion of 16 from the upper portion of the pavilion.

Just did the same myself. Moved from Sec 18 down to 15. I'm more off to the side now but at least I'll have much easier access in and out of my row.
    Old 05-15-2023, 01:10 PM   #47
    SoxFan82

Shows Seen: 4

My Tour Central Stats

It’s a shame that Southaven is such a nice venue for a low attendance show. I’m surprised DMB comes here at all. Even if it is every few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 05-15-2023, 02:22 PM   #48
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

I think this one is at least a make-good for having to cancel the 2021 show due to pushing the tour back. But yeah I'm wondering if we can expect to not see Southaven (or Brandon) going forward. Such a shame...
    Old 05-16-2023, 06:15 AM   #49
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Southaven has historically sold very well. 2013 was a super hard ticket to get. And 2014 (or was it 2015) was sold out. I wanna say even the 2020 show was almost sold out. But this tour in general seems to be lower relevance. Even the Nashville show, which is on a Friday, was selling fine at best. Last time they played there it sold out pretty quickly.

I think part of the problem is people don't know it's reopened. It was quiet for so long and it's a weird thing of Memphis people don't go to Southaven really for shows. And Memphis is also getting into this weird spot where they don't support Memphis shows either. Hell, Lizzo had to cap off part of the room at her show last month and she's literally one of the most popular names in pop music right now.
    Old 05-16-2023, 10:32 AM   #50
    SoxFan82

Shows Seen: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Could also be the rampant crime in the city. I also think since there’s a new album out it will be primarily new songs instead of his old stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 05-16-2023, 10:49 AM   #51
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

Sounds like everyone in the area blew out their concert budgets and life savings going to see Taylor Swift in Nashville (or any of her other stops.)
    Old 05-16-2023, 10:55 AM   #52
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post

could you please explain how on your TM account to do an exchange?
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2023, 11:06 AM   #53
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

On Ticketmaster.com, go to your Event Details page for your tickets. On the lower left, hit the Contact Us button under Need Help With Your Oder?

From there, a virtual assistant chat box will open and you will answer a series of questions dwindling down to Exchange or Upgrade your tickets. It'll ask if you want to pay the $10 exchange fee and then will ask for the new seat info (section, row, seat number.) Give it a few minutes and it should process. I got denied at first first because they claimed the new seat I was asking for "cost less" than my original ticket but I reminded them that it cost the same amount, they re-reviewed the request and then approved me.
    Old 05-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #54
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    On Ticketmaster.com, go to your Event Details page for your tickets. On the lower left, hit the Contact Us button under Need Help With Your Oder?

From there, a virtual assistant chat box will open and you will answer a series of questions dwindling down to Exchange or Upgrade your tickets. It'll ask if you want to pay the $10 exchange fee and then will ask for the new seat info (section, row, seat number.) Give it a few minutes and it should process. I got denied at first first because they claimed the new seat I was asking for "cost less" than my original ticket but I reminded them that it cost the same amount, they re-reviewed the request and then approved me.
    okay, thanks for that. Sounds like a real person and not a bot in the chat box if they have the sophistication to re-review your request and get approved, unless technology is extremely advanced now.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2023, 12:48 PM   #55
    Bachman40

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I suppose it would have to be a real person once the you get to the specific request. Definitely feels virtual at first. Either way, that was the process for me. Now I'm sitting closer for $10 more. probably would be be able to just move on down to the emptier sections for free at the start of the show! Oh well.
    Old 05-16-2023, 05:11 PM   #56
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    okay, thanks for that. Sounds like a real person and not a bot in the chat box if they have the sophistication to re-review your request and get approved, unless technology is extremely advanced now.
    It ends up being a real person reviewing. Just know there are large gaps of time in between their responses. It also doesn't end up being the same person each time. It's an odd system, but I expect nothing less from TM.

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2023, 07:39 PM   #57
    pzamps210

My Tour Central Stats

I'm selling 2 PITs for $80 each if anyone wants them let me know
    Old 05-20-2023, 02:58 PM   #58
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Got $50 pit tickets $70 with fees. Shit, I see dmb once a year it’s worth it. Hoping for a pig, PM, YNK, or bartender? Is that too hard to ask?
    Old 05-21-2023, 05:44 AM   #59
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Place is gonna be a ghost town. Sad...
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2023, 08:07 AM   #60
    surferbrad87

Shows Seen: 42

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    Place is gonna be a ghost town. Sad...
    This puzzles me. I live in AL and we can't get a show each year but they keep going to MS with sparse crowd when Huntsville was the first show to sell out last year and it was mid week. Not to mention Oak Mountain usually does well too. Friends went to MS last year and it was no where a sellout either.
    surferbrad87 is offline   Reply With Quote