All You (Ever) Wanted Was Tomorrow - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-14-2023, 09:27 AM   #61
Joedw8

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: All You (Ever) Wanted Was Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by abieshaboton View Post
I like it a lot
Tell em!
Joedw8 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-14-2023, 09:34 AM   #62
    Joedw8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    Gonna hold off on this one until Friday, but I really enjoyed It Could Happen, which means I've liked every song I've heard from this album. Feels like it could be a pretty strong studio effort, and I'm excited about that!
    It will be
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:09 AM   #63
    paulg83
    Probably just rage

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Love the horns. I'm here for the extended jam.
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:26 AM   #64
    elconguero

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 View Post
    It's pretty catchy. Looking forward to hearing the studio versions of all of these songs.
    Almost like it would have been cool to release album before tour started so people can get familiar with them. Does Dave know the album isn’t out yet? And why not ship preordered albums out early so fans get them on or a few days before release date. They obviously don’t care that fans are hearing them. Listening parties, playing them at the shows.
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:29 AM   #65
    Alpine416

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elconguero View Post
    Almost like it would have been cool to release album before tour started so people can get familiar with them. Does Dave know the album isn’t out yet? And why not ship preordered albums out early so fans get them on or a few days before release date. They obviously don’t care that fans are hearing them. Listening parties, playing them at the shows.
    Just watched Carter's "it should be out" video again. It literally would not surprise me if the band (including Dave) thought the listening parties last week was the album release.
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:34 AM   #66
    trippingbilly22

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I like both the slow piece and horn piece to the song, but I am not sure that they belong together. It feels a little jagged to me.
    trippingbilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:39 AM   #67
    daytondmb40

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I immediately thought of Preservation Hall when I heard this. I have a feeling that the outro would go crazy with them.

Also, this song could definitely segue into Jimi Thing. Very similar opening and someone mentioned how a similar riff was played as a Jimi intro in Trax 24.

I'm not a huge fan, but I don't dislike it yet.
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #68
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I finally caved and listened to the live version, and wow, the Come Tomorrow comparisons really were lazy. I can't decide if I like it or not, but like "Looking for a Vein," I see a chance for the song to evolve and become more. It could be like "That Girl is You" or "Drunken Soldier" and never really change, but the opportunity is there.

However, this is a much better E1 song than STTMB, Sister, or Windows. I can easily see this transitioning into a number of different Encores.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #69
    Miller9

Shows Seen: 101

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

After a couple listens (because I can't help myself) this song has some real potential. It's interesting lol. I feel like the jam at the end could just keep going honestly and I would not mind at all. Give me some Buddy on the keys there and throw in Tim and rotate back to the horns. This could actually be a reallllly fun song live and I hope it grows into something like what they do with Jimi Thing!

Not to beat a dead horse here, but good lord Rashawn's solos are terrrrrrible. I don't understand his obsession with needing to squeal on everything he does. IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD! I don't care how "impressive" it might be in the trumpeting community or whatever reason he does it, it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. His part started out so good and then just goes into the screech fest and just takes me out of the song.
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:56 AM   #70
    DMBCardinal

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miller9 View Post
    After a couple listens (because I can't help myself) this song has some real potential. It's interesting lol. I feel like the jam at the end could just keep going honestly and I would not mind at all. Give me some Buddy on the keys there and throw in Tim and rotate back to the horns. This could actually be a reallllly fun song live and I hope it grows into something like what they do with Jimi Thing!

Not to beat a dead horse here, but good lord Rashawn's solos are terrrrrrible. I don't understand his obsession with needing to squeal on everything he does. IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD! I don't care how "impressive" it might be in the trumpeting community or whatever reason he does it, it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. His part started out so good and then just goes into the screech fest and just takes me out of the song.
    He needs to play more like the Fenway Park 06 Break Free. That tone sounds great.
    DMBCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 01:51 PM   #71
    dreamstree41

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Hmmm this one isn't totally clicking for my yet, but I like parts of it. I'll reserve judgment for Thurs night/Fri
    Old 05-14-2023, 02:56 PM   #72
    joshg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

This song is ridiculous, but I will enjoy the end of it at a show, especially if Dave starts to do some primal screaming during the jam.
    joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 03:14 PM   #73
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miller9 View Post

Yeah, I was with it until the screeching. Just fucking stop already. I’m so tired of listening to this band that makes music I like and wincing when he shrieks the damn thing. I don’t care how technically proficient and impressive it is for trumpet people, I don’t want to hear it in the context of the band.

I would say someone should really make it known how awful it sounds but people did and he couldn’t handle it and shut off his comments. But honestly, he sounds worse than Boyd lately.
    Old 05-14-2023, 07:03 PM   #74
    pmbdmb

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

This sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song
    pmbdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 07:09 PM   #75
    bowa36

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamstree41 View Post
    Hmmm this one isn't totally clicking for my yet, but I like parts of it. I'll reserve judgment for Thurs night/Fri
    This is about where I'm at. It's a strange song. I have to try to like parts of it
    Old 05-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #76
    kmbean

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Is Rashawn auditioning for a permanent spot in the SNL band with this ridiculous solo?
    kmbean is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 08:41 PM   #77
    GoingToCA91

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

The middle lyrical section reminds me of a Led Zeppelin tune... Maybe Night Flight from Physical Graffiti?
    GoingToCA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 08:49 PM   #78
    Miller9

Shows Seen: 101

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBCardinal View Post
    He needs to play more like the Fenway Park 06 Break Free. That tone sounds great.
    YESSSSSS!!!!!! That is LITERALLY the solo I think of when talking about how good Rashawn COULD sound (Best version of Break Free also)
    Old 05-14-2023, 08:50 PM   #79
    crounsa810

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmbean View Post
    Is Rashawn auditioning for a permanent spot in the SNL band with this ridiculous solo?
    I hope he gets it. I know the band likes him and he’s musical director and all but I’d like to hear how they sound without the screech
    Old 05-14-2023, 09:12 PM   #80
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    Can we stop with the Rashawn hate? Jesus y'all are some petty bitches.
    thanks fam
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:42 PM   #81
    yanks7533

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    Yeah, I was with it until the screeching. Just fucking stop already. I’m so tired of listening to this band that makes music I like and wincing when he shrieks the damn thing. I don’t care how technically proficient and impressive it is for trumpet people, I don’t want to hear it in the context of the band.

I would say someone should really make it known how awful it sounds but people did and he couldn’t handle it and shut off his comments. But honestly, he sounds worse than Boyd lately.
    That's funny I listened to the song a few times now, he went high one time, then went back down.

I was just at jazzfest in New orleans and heard a lot of horns.

You know nothing about music.

And seriously y'all need therapy if you think horns shouldn't go high....roi used to shreik like a hillbilly who just found a stash of Busch light and his cousin naked yet y'all didn't give a damn then.

Seriously seek therapy and go listen to John Mayer (not because he sucks but because there's no horns)

That outro was great. The fan base has cancelled all horn solos now unless it's Jeff mimicking roi's sound?

Expose yourself to music other than 1995 dmb...done with this sh*t, find a new band instead of insulting talented musicians and the style of music they play. Grow up.
    yanks7533 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:47 PM   #82
    Joedw8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yanks7533 View Post
    That's funny I listened to the song a few times now, he went high one time, then went back down.

And seriously y'all need therapy if you think horns shouldn't go high....roi used to shreik like a hillbilly who just found a stash of Busch light and his cousin naked yet y'all didn't give a damn then.

Seriously seek therapy and go listen to John Mayer (not because he sucks but because there's no horns)

That outro was great. The fan base has cancelled all horn solos now unless it's Jeff mimicking roi's sound?

Expose yourself to music other than 1995 dmb...done with this sh*t, find a new band instead of insulting talented musicians and the style of music they play. Grow up.
    This is a great comment
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:49 PM   #83
    yanks7533

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBCardinal View Post
    Have you heard recent versions of crush? I'd like to hear a musicial explanation on why those performances suck from a jazz musician.
    Old 05-14-2023, 10:55 PM   #84
    dreamingtree_34

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    dreamingtree_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:03 PM   #85
    yanks7533

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamingtree_34 View Post
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    He literally doesn't even go high on this solo, except for one 5 second period, then pulls it back down...that be like asking a guitarist to stay below the 12th fret because over the 12th fret is the devils music.

Plenty of other bands out there, heard the new Metallica album is decent, no jazz/fusion going on there and you can be assured of that as Lars only plays in 4/4.

I heard creed is making a comeback too, they don't go above the 12th fret because they're a Christian rock band and can't go near the devil's music

You're literally making sh*t up. It's like when people hear something on the news then just repeat it for the next 5 years.

Last edited by yanks7533; 05-14-2023 at 11:05 PM.
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:09 PM   #86
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Old 05-14-2023, 11:13 PM   #87
    yanks7533

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    He literally doesn't even go high on this solo, except for one 5 second period, then pulls it back down...that be like asking a guitarist to stay below the 12th fret because over the 12th fret is the devils music.

Plenty of other bands out there, heard the new Metallica album is decent, no jazz/fusion going on there and you can be assured of that as Lars only plays in 4/4.

I heard creed is making a comeback too, they don't go above the 12th fret because they're a Christian rock band and can't go near the devil's music

You're literally making sh*t up. It's like when people hear something on the news then just repeat it for the next 5 years.
    I just heard Jeff play with Cory Wong at jazzfest. He turned bright red went super high and almost had an aneurysm, an absolutely potent solo that left nothing on the table, Cory Wong actually sat down on stage and watched, the crowd went insane, after the song the crowd went nuts for jeff...yet he comes to this fan base and they like to tell him how he's not like roi...these musicians are respected by other musicians and that's more meaningful to me then a bunch of forum junkies chassing winter tour '98. My friend looked at me after and went wow he went all in on that...it was a moment ill always remember, and guess what the dude went high. He went past the 12th fret.

Taste has nothing to do with your personal feelings. People hated hendrix because he was loud.

Btw Jeff also played with this guy Oz Noy, if you're into jazz/fusion artists like Scofield check him out, amazingly talented.

Last edited by yanks7533; 05-14-2023 at 11:16 PM.
    Old 05-14-2023, 11:15 PM   #88
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just heard Jeff play with Cory Wong at jazzfest. He turned bright red went super high and almost had an aneurysm, an absolutely potent solo that left nothing on the table, Cory Wong actually sat down on stage and watched, the crowd went insane, after the song the crowd went nuts for jeff...yet he comes to this fan base and they like to tell him how he's not like roi...these musicians are respected by other musicians and thays more meaningful to me then a bunch of forum junkies. My friend looked at me after and went wow he went all in on that...it was a moment ill always remember, and guess what the dude went high. He went past the 12th fret.

Taste has nothing to do with your personal feelings. People hated hendrix because he was loud.

Btw Jeff also played with this guy Oz Noy, if you're into jazz/fusion artists like Scofield check him out, amazingly talented.
    Oh man this is gold
    Old 05-15-2023, 04:47 AM   #89
    crounsa810

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry hopewelljones, it looks like the real Rashawn remembered he had an account here
    Old 05-15-2023, 06:15 AM   #90
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Finally listened to this song.

First half and verses- kinda lame
    Second half and choruses- kinda cool