iPhone Discussion - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
zjstrunk
Miss you Roi

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: iPhone Discussion

I'm pretty pumped about all those features, especially the landscape feature for the keyboard! Haha, my fat fingers don't work too well on the current keyboard. I hope this comes out early this summer, I have been waiting to purchase an iPhone until my Sprint contract runs out, which is in June.
I make this art. I give this art to you for free. You say you love me. You cry when you think about me. You better. I made this happen. If you were lucky enough to see this, then you better thank your God, motherfucker. - Wintersox
zjstrunk is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #32
    PilotC150
    Alpine Bound

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

The base plan for AT&T, with no discounts, will cost $70 plus fees and taxes ($40 for voice, $30 for data). That gives you 450 anytime minutes, 5000 night/weekend minutes, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, no text messages, and unlimited data. Total is about $85 a month, though I don't know if that varies from state to state (taxes-wise).
    "People ask us all the time...."What's your favorite place to play?" Now, you got your Gorges and you got your Red Rocks and so on, but there's an inexplicable magic that envelopes Alpine Valley. The band is the first to tell you how much they like coming back."
    PilotC150 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Some updates regarding the new iPhone that should be coming out this summer.

Quote:
    Apple Ordering 3.2 and 5-Megapixel Camera Sensors for iPhone and Future Product?

In a brief report, DigiTimes claims that Apple has placed orders with OmniVision Technologies for both 3.2 and 5-megapixel image sensors. The 3.2-megapixel sensor is reportedly destined for the next-generation iPhone, while the 5-megapixel sensor is claimed to be for a separate product launching later this year.

OmniVision has received 3.2-megapixel CMOS image sensor (CIS) orders for Apple's next-generation iPhone, according to market sources. The company is also said to have secured 5-megapixel CIS orders for another Apple product expected to be launched later in the year.

Both the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G utilize a 2-megapixel camera, and speculation regarding a higher resolution camera in the next-generation iPhone has been popular for some time now. Evidence of a "Publish Video" screen in the iPhone OS 3.0 beta and supporting claims of a video camera in the next-generation iPhone suggest that Apple is targeting significant improvements to the iPhone's imaging capabilities.
    Quote:
    Next Gen iPhone: 802.11n and Video Editing?

Since the iPhone 3.0 beta release, developers have been digging through the firmware looking for evidence of future iPhones and capabilities. An early finding revealed that a number of unknown iPhone model numbers already appear in the beta firmware. Over the weekend, a few new findings have added two new features to the next generation iPhone.

Driver support for new Broadcom Wi-Fi chips suggest that the next iPhone will add support for 802.11n. The iPhone and iPod touch currently only support the slower 802.11b/g networks. Supporting only 802.11n devices on a wireless network can significantly improve performance. With existing iPhone hardware, this mixed environment was unavoidable.

Meanwhile, an inadvertent Publish Video screenshot from the first iPhone 3.0 beta suggests that Apple is incorporating video recording and uploads directly from your iPhone. Some new user interface elements in the 3.0 beta suggest that you will also be able to edit these videos before uploading. If Apple does indeed provide video recording and publishing, it certainly makes sense to offer some limited editing/clipping ability.

The iPhone 3.0 firmware will not be released to the public until this Summer, and Apple is rumored to be releasing their next generation iPhone in that timeframe.
    Quote:
    Next-Generation iPhone Theoretically Capable of FM Radio Reception and Transmission?

Over the weekend, hints of several additional features for the next-generation iPhone were revealed. Among them was the discovery that text strings in the iPhone OS 3.0 software reference a new Broadcom wireless chip, BCM4329, which supports 802.11n wireless connectivity. In digging through the specs for the chip, 9 to 5 Mac has discovered that it also supports both reception and transmission of FM radio signals.

But they neglected to mention that it also adds the ability to receive and send (the previous model could only receive) information through FM radio signals which theoretically could be used to broadcast sound into car stereos..without external adapters. It could also be used to pick up FM radio music, news and sports broadcasts on their iPhones and even, in August, on iPods. Currently the FM reciever is only used to pick up communications from the Nike+ peripheral.

The finding, however, doesn't mean that Apple will necessarily enable these features in the new iPhone. Apple has certainly been known not to enable all features their hardware is capable of, and FM reception/transmission is one that have shown no interest in supporting in the past.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #34
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Well video is all but offical for the next iPhone

Quote:
    iPhone Video Recording Interface, Digital Compass, Voice Control and Auto-Focus Camera

Since the release of Apple's iPhone 3.0 beta firmware, users have been scouring the configuration files looking for evidence of future iPhone capabilities. The possibility of video recording has seemed increasingly certain with files for video uploading and editing having been discovered.

A new finding, however, should put to rest any doubts about whether or not Apple is planning to include video recording in future iPhones. This screenshot, which was discovered in the latest iPhone 3.0 beta, shows the interface Apple will provide for video recording:

Picture of video camera interface: http://images.macrumors.com/article/...2-cameramr.jpg

The interface shows the normal iPhone camera interface but with a switch on the bottom right which toggles between still camera photography and video recording. The video recording is not presently functional in iPhone 3.0 beta, and the interface is not accessible by default. Only when configuration files were modified telling the firmware that a Video Camera was present will this interface appear.

Other interesting capabilities found in the configuration files include "auto-focus camera", "magnetometer" (digital compass), and "Voice Control".

Apple is expected to release the final version of iPhone 3.0 this summer, and many believe that Apple will also introduce an updated iPhone around that time as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #35
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Random question, are there any good sites with wallpapers for iPhone's that you guys use? I'm looking for a cool new image but everything I have looks awkward in iPhone dimensions.
    iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #36
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMAC386 View Post
    Random question, are there any good sites with wallpapers for iPhone's that you guys use? I'm looking for a cool new image but everything I have looks awkward in iPhone dimensions.
    i always just use pics i've taken..

i think there are some apps that have them..i have not tried them though..

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I wanted to give the app DMBSetlist a plug...it does just what it sounds like.

It's the setlist pulled in real time from dmb.com....i'm one of those nuts that is always checking in..

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #38
    PilotC150
    Alpine Bound

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    One of the top downloaded free apps is called "Backgrounds".

Try that one.
    "People ask us all the time...."What's your favorite place to play?" Now, you got your Gorges and you got your Red Rocks and so on, but there's an inexplicable magic that envelopes Alpine Valley. The band is the first to tell you how much they like coming back."
    PilotC150 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #39
    Carbon Copy
    Can you still have fun?

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    i always just use pics i've taken..
    n00dz i hope
    Carbon Copy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #40
    cbotnyse

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

does ATT offer a way to backup all the data on your phone in case its lost?

I'm assuming if the phone just goes dead for some reason, all of that info (apps, pictures, contacts, songs) is on the sim card?
    cbotnyse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #41
    THATEUS41
    Sexual Time Bomb

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Just got a new iPhone... still haven't got service yet. Is that normal?
    Old 04-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #42
    Radioplay
    My conduct is bitchin'

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Maybe this site: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...phone_320x480/
    Radioplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #43
    Radioplay
    My conduct is bitchin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PilotC150 View Post
    The base plan for AT&T, with no discounts, will cost $70 plus fees and taxes ($40 for voice, $30 for data). That gives you 450 anytime minutes, 5000 night/weekend minutes, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, no text messages, and unlimited data. Total is about $85 a month, though I don't know if that varies from state to state (taxes-wise).
    5000 night/weekend, eh? Most services just have unlimited. Not sure if I like 5000.

Unlimited mobile-to-mobile -- is this just the AT&T network? Alltel has free mobile-to-mobile and includes Verizon now.

I'm strongly thinking about ditching my Blackberry for an iPhone. But then I'd have to go to AT&T -- which doesn't have the best service in my tiny town. sigh. But I still have til May 2010 to figure it out.

Last edited by Radioplay; 04-25-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Old 04-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #44
    THATEUS41
    Sexual Time Bomb

My Tour Central Stats

is it normal for activation to take so long?
    Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #45
    Radioplay
    My conduct is bitchin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by THATEUS41 View Post
    is it normal for activation to take so long?
    Though most customers who have actually gotten to speak with AT&T customer service (hold times are over an hour in most cases) report being told they can expect a 2-6 hour wait, some have reported being told they may not have their iPhones activated for 24-72 hours.

Taken from: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97150
    Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #46
    THATEUS41
    Sexual Time Bomb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Radioplay View Post
    Though most customers who have actually gotten to speak with AT&T customer service (hold times are over an hour in most cases) report being told they can expect a 2-6 hour wait, some have reported being told they may not have their iPhones activated for 24-72 hours.

Taken from: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97150
    That sucks!
    But thank you so much for finding that link!
    Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #47
    Radioplay
    My conduct is bitchin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by THATEUS41 View Post
    That sucks!
    But thank you so much for finding that link!
    You're welcome!
    Old 05-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #48
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Next iPhone to Easily Record, Edit and Share Movies?

Considering all the leaked evidence of video recording and editing in the iPhone 3.0 beta, it's not really a stretch to predict that the next iPhone will offer long-requested video features. Still, Businessweek's Peter Burrows confirms that to be the case based on a source familiar with Apple's plans for the next iPhone.

In fact, Burrows suggests that video recording won't simply be an afterthought but a major feature of the new iPhone.

Evidently, shooting video is as easy as it is with a Flip, the ingenious device made by Pure Digital (recently purchased by Cisco). Then there’s an iMovie app that lets you quickly save the sections you want, right there on the phone itself. There may also be support for MMS, so the clips can be shared wirelessly with friends. And because of the iPhone's relatively large screen, your friends don’t have to schlep to your PC or their Facebook page to see that video of your kids or your safari. Just hand them your iPhone.

Burrows even suggests it could be as successful as Apple's late, yet dominating, entry into the MP3 market with the iPod. An easy to use video recording, editing and sharing iPhone could be a breakthrough usage for the device -- allowing people on a large scale to quickly record and share videos without bothering to connect to their computer.

For what it's worth, MacRumors has similarly heard that the next iPhone will support Video recording and YouTube sharing which has been supported by evidence found in the iPhone 3.0 beta.
    If this is true that be pretty cool. Hell people could upload videos from DMB concerts of new songs right after they're played on YouTube. I wonder how high of quality the videos will be. Usually cell phone vids suck.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #49
    Sou1 So1di3r
    Augustana

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

i want.
    Sou1 So1di3r is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #50
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

Shows Seen: 0

My Tour Central Stats

just ordered mine yesterday!
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #51
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    just ordered mine yesterday!
    Should have held out another month.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #52
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

My Tour Central Stats

why? i got it brand new for $60 through my work. why wait though?
    Old 05-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #53
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    why? i got it brand new for $60 through my work. why wait though?
    The new one would have been worth the wait, but you got a good deal.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #54
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    The new one would have been worth the wait, but you got a good deal.
    new 1 coming out soon? nice! i couldnt turn down the offer though
    Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #55
    Radioplay
    My conduct is bitchin'

My Tour Central Stats

My friends jailbroke their iPhones (of course I don't recommend doing this)... but I will say... it adds a nice element to the look of their iPhones now. From what I gather, you can't change the theme of your iPhone unless you jailbreak it. hmmm
    Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #56
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Does everyone suggest waiting for the next generation iPhone at this point?

I
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #57
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    new 1 coming out soon? nice! i couldnt turn down the offer though
    There's going to be a new one every year most likely, but this is going to be the one that everyone wanted. You'll be able to get most of the features via firmware updates. So if the deal was too good to pass up you won't regret it.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #58
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

When's the new iPhone coming out?

I'm planning on switching over to AT&T at some point this summer and am trying to decide between the iPhone or the Bold. Have to get in to play around with both of them a bit more though.
    Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

My Tour Central Stats

i wanted the bold too, but i jsut got my iphone yesterday ($100 through my company)

i was gonna wait or the next gen iphone, but i couldnt pass up the deal

edit: this phone is awesome, best investment i've made in a while
    Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #60
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i wanted the bold too, but i jsut got my iphone yesterday ($100 through my company)

i was gonna wait or the next gen iphone, but i couldnt pass up the deal

edit: this phone is awesome, best investment i've made in a while
    I'm kind of torn because I know the iPhone is better for internet and that kind of stuff, but the Bold I've heard is awesome for texting, emails and typing.

Tags
    app store , apple , iphone , smart phone