***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2021*** - Page 36 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-20-2020, 09:16 AM   #1051
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2021***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
Does anyone live in a state where their state legislators have forced TM to cough up refunds for ‘rescheduled’ events?

I’ve got a thousand tied up with TM because WA state hasn’t made an effort. I believe AZ’s attorney general forced TM to refund ticket holders for rescheduled events.

Asking because I really don’t see a normal Gorge show happening in 2021. Maybe half attendance? But surely they’re going to have to issue refunds for some tickets
With the news that two vaccines may be readily available within a few months that have both been tested to be over 95% effective, I'd honestly be surprised if shows DIDN'T happen next year. I could see the beginning of the tour being iffy, but that is still six months from January. That's a lot of time for a vaccine to be deployed to where it needs to go. It sucks that we even have to think about stuff like this, but I think the show will go on.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #1052
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    With the news that two vaccines may be readily available within a few months that have both been tested to be over 95% effective, I'd honestly be surprised if shows DIDN'T happen next year. I could see the beginning of the tour being iffy, but that is still six months from January. That's a lot of time for a vaccine to be deployed to where it needs to go. It sucks that we even have to think about stuff like this, but I think the show will go on.
    I'd be surprised if the vaccine is available to the masses by June, I hope I'm wrong. I personally would love to see a show this year.

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #1053
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Does anyone live in a state where their state legislators have forced TM to cough up refunds for ‘rescheduled’ events?

I’ve got a thousand tied up with TM because WA state hasn’t made an effort. I believe AZ’s attorney general forced TM to refund ticket holders for rescheduled events.

Asking because I really don’t see a normal Gorge show happening in 2021. Maybe half attendance? But surely they’re going to have to issue refunds for some tickets
    I will add to that and say if a show is 50% or even 60% capacity. Who decides which people are allowed to attend and who has to take a refund if everyone wants to go to said show?

- J
    Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #1054
    misterjimi41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I don't believe this band will be intact as is by the time we get to see them again.. I think Rashawn, Jeff, Buddy or Tim will be out before the end of 2021... We've seen the last full show of DMB at the Gorge.
    misterjimi41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #1055
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterjimi41 View Post
    I don't believe this band will be intact as is by the time we get to see them again.. I think Rashawn, Jeff, Buddy or Tim will be out before the end of 2021... We've seen the last full show of DMB at the Gorge.
    Jeeeez Mr. Positive over here!!!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #1056
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

He's just trolling people all over the website.
    Old 11-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #1057
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterjimi41 View Post

You joined this month, and already have over 115 posts? Mighty busy.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2020, 07:42 AM   #1058
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    You joined this month, and already have over 115 posts? Mighty busy.
    Lacking attention from his wife. Go easy on him
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #1059
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
    I will add to that and say if a show is 50% or even 60% capacity. Who decides which people are allowed to attend and who has to take a refund if everyone wants to go to said show?

- J
    You’re pointing out the flaw in my prediction . There’s no way they could make this work. People aren’t going to give up their tickets to let someone else go.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #1060
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You’re pointing out the flaw in my prediction . There’s no way they could make this work. People aren’t going to give up their tickets to let someone else go.
    Yup, they'll have to refund everyone and start over.
    Old 11-25-2020, 07:38 PM   #1061
    Jake C

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Ticketmaster attempts to navigate it.

- J
    Old 12-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #1062
    amberleigh

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Well, I went out on a limb and booked a campsite at Wanapum for labor day weekend. Here's hoping!!!!!!
    Old 12-10-2020, 03:48 PM   #1063
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

If the first part of the tour gets canceled but Gorge happens I'm going! Got the okay from the fiance!
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #1064
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    If the first part of the tour gets canceled but Gorge happens I'm going! Got the okay from the fiance!
    Happy Holidays!
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #1065
    flames_theman

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would love to see the Gorge be the first shows back......who knows what 2021 will bring.....

#NAFDA Camp Absolutely!!
    flames_theman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #1066
    EhwinNichole
    From Portland with Love

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flames_theman View Post
    I would love to see the Gorge be the first shows back......who knows what 2021 will bring.....
    \

Whatever 2021 brings... I'm here for it! After making it through 2020 as a laid off live events employee sitting on the edge of sanity... I'll take whatever 2021 has for us. Events? Sure. Getting closer to events but not quite there? Better than 2020's GLOOMY outlook!

Let's do this!
    Old 12-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #1067
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

- J
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Will be interesting to see how Ticketmaster attempts to navigate it.

- J

I don't think there is any way that any of the shows already on the books happen at less than 100% capacity (Personally, I don't think DMB will play any shows at less than 100% capacity - they'll just wait a little longer if they have to). Seems to me that the three options for 2021 shows are:

a) Cancel show and issue refunds
    b) Push show to 2022 and offer option to keep tickets or receive refund
    c) Play show as planned

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by flames_theman View Post

I'm hoping that Gorge 2021 being the first shows back is worst case scenario. I'm optimistic that it'll happen, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised either way. If they are the first shows back, hopefully they go the route of rescheduling anything before that for 2022 and giving us the option to keep tickets again.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #1068
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    I don't think there is any way that any of the shows already on the books happen at less than 100% capacity (Personally, I don't think DMB will play any shows at less than 100% capacity - they'll just wait a little longer if they have to). Seems to me that the three options for 2021 shows are:

a) Cancel show and issue refunds
    b) Push show to 2022 and offer option to keep tickets or receive refund
    c) Play show as planned

I'm hoping that Gorge 2021 being the first shows back is worst case scenario. I'm optimistic that it'll happen, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised either way. If they are the first shows back, hopefully they go the route of rescheduling anything before that for 2022 and giving us the option to keep tickets again.
    the other thing that I'm curious about for the Gorge is if you have to show a medical voucher to show you don't have COVID 19, I wonder how that'll work at the campsites since you are in close proximity to many different campers. Will you have to show a voucher showing you are clear of COVID 19 to camp, too or will one voucher/document suffice? Just throwing that out there.
    Old 12-16-2020, 06:41 AM   #1069
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Booked a place at Crescent Bar w/ free cancellation by late August just in case
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #1070
    EhwinNichole
    From Portland with Love

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    the other thing that I'm curious about for the Gorge is if you have to show a medical voucher to show you don't have COVID 19, I wonder how that'll work at the campsites since you are in close proximity to many different campers. Will you have to show a voucher showing you are clear of COVID 19 to camp, too or will one voucher/document suffice? Just throwing that out there.
    Here's an article about the "medical voucher" - or in this case an app - and where they are in the process - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/t...e=articleShare

Talks are starting back up with stadiums using this app but the venue industry is abuzz about this. An article went out a month or so ago that sounded like Live Nation was going to do it, but they have since said they didn't say they were, but all options are on the table. There are some legal issues... private venues (like The Gorge) will be allowed to require this, but publicly owned venues (those owned by municipalities - which some stadiums and arenas are... probably some amphitheaters too) probably won't be able to require this. Venues will fight this because of it - if some can and some can't, they usually band together to either require it of all or require it of none. That really has nothing to do with the campground question, but just an update. I sit on an industry affairs committee for venues and it's been an interesting discussion.

I would imagine the camp ground, because it's run by Live Nation, would require it IF the venue itself requires. I would think private camp grounds will likely not require it unless forced to by law and if law forces them to, then they have to navigate the tricky waters of government owned camp grounds (state parks, county parks, national parks... etc).

I don't know one way or another, not an expert, just speaking from my knowledge within the venue industry. It will be interesting to see play out.
    Old 12-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #1071
    Jake C

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EhwinNichole View Post
    Here's an article about the "medical voucher" - or in this case an app - and where they are in the process - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/t...e=articleShare

Talks are starting back up with stadiums using this app but the venue industry is abuzz about this. An article went out a month or so ago that sounded like Live Nation was going to do it, but they have since said they didn't say they were, but all options are on the table. There are some legal issues... private venues (like The Gorge) will be allowed to require this, but publicly owned venues (those owned by municipalities - which some stadiums and arenas are... probably some amphitheaters too) probably won't be able to require this. Venues will fight this because of it - if some can and some can't, they usually band together to either require it of all or require it of none. That really has nothing to do with the campground question, but just an update. I sit on an industry affairs committee for venues and it's been an interesting discussion.

I would imagine the camp ground, because it's run by Live Nation, would require it IF the venue itself requires. I would think private camp grounds will likely not require it unless forced to by law and if law forces them to, then they have to navigate the tricky waters of government owned camp grounds (state parks, county parks, national parks... etc).

I don't know one way or another, not an expert, just speaking from my knowledge within the venue industry. It will be interesting to see play out.
    Thanks for sharing the knowledge. Appreciate the insight.

- J
    Old 12-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #1072
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Booked a place at Crescent Bar w/ free cancellation by late August just in case
    Hopefully a spot for you on the Cave B stage as well!
    Old 12-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #1073
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EhwinNichole View Post

Thanks for the information. Yeah, from a campsite perspective, I don't know if it'll get to the point that you'll have to, as an example wear a badge around your neck almost like those backstage VIP passes that show you don't have the virus, allowing you to camp. But I don't know all of the nuances with state parks, national parks, etc. that you mentioned that will allow you to camp anyways.
    Old 12-27-2020, 06:46 PM   #1074
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hopefully a spot for you on the Cave B stage as well!

I missed this but thanks for the post and yes I'd love to be back there again, hope you and your family had a great Christmas!
    Old 12-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #1075
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I missed this but thanks for the post and yes I'd love to be back there again, hope you and your family had a great Christmas!
    Same to you and yours!
    Old 01-02-2021, 08:32 PM   #1076
    fruchick

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

For the optimistic planners among you: I just scored a Premium SUV from Enterprise Downtown Seattle for 1 week starting Sept 2, for $171.32.
    Old 01-12-2021, 01:14 PM   #1077
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't backread, but if 2021 is cancelled, for the campers going to Gorge, do your campsites simply roll over to 2022? Is that what happened for 2020 into 2021? Curious on how this works. Thanks.
    Old 01-12-2021, 01:36 PM   #1078
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    I didn't backread, but if 2021 is cancelled, for the campers going to Gorge, do your campsites simply roll over to 2022? Is that what happened for 2020 into 2021? Curious on how this works. Thanks.
    For both Warehouse and Ticketmaster, we had the choice of keeping our 2020 tickets (shows and camping) for the 2021 shows, or get a refund.

No one knows what will happen if 2021 is cancelled.
    Old 01-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #1079
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    For both Warehouse and Ticketmaster, we had the choice of keeping our 2020 tickets (shows and camping) for the 2021 shows, or get a refund.

No one knows what will happen if 2021 is cancelled.
    okay, thanks for the update.
    Old 02-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #1080
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

I've been to the Gorge but not sure where this side stage would be, anyone know?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-EDF03gLCU