***Official Deer Creek 2022*** - Page 33 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-04-2022, 08:34 PM   #961
btpeters
Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Deer Creek 2022***

Looked like a fun weekend over at Alpine. Of course expectations are always sky high for that place so of course when a weekend of perfectly fine shows with some nice tour gems happen its not good enough. Oh well. I'm sure those shows were well enjoyed! Only true mistake I think Dave made was playing Funny How Time Slips away again in the E1, only because he literally did that last time at Alpine. But there's a song in the set that I'm sure triggered it in his brain. Pretty crazy that the show featured 19 repeats but was just as full (actually a little more) of songs never played there before/not in 5 years or more/only for the 2nd or 3rd time. I dunno, but I peer into another thread and it looks as if the entirety of fandom is supposed to resign as a result of these shows

Venue Stats: Alpine

8 Never Played Before: Madman's Eyes, Come On Come On, The Only Thing, Fool In The Rain, That Girl Is You, Walk Around the Moon, Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd, The Ocean and the Butterfly

1 Song Debut: Fool In The Rain

2 Tour Debuts: Fool In The Rain, The Ocean and the Butterfly

1 Liberation: Steady As We Go (already played twice Dave & Buddy this tour and a Mexico D&T show, but this was the first full band iteration since 2018)

19 Songs Played Last time at Alpine (2019): Warehouse, Dancing Nancies, The Song That Jane Likes, Two Step, Pantala Naga Pampa, Rapunzel, Stay Or Leave, #41, Samurai Cop, Grey Street, Granny, Can't Stop, Crush, Sledgehammer, Louisiana Bayou, Don't Drink The Water, Stay, Funny How Time Slips Away, All Along The Watchtower

1st since 2005 - Steady As We Go

1st since 2010 - Say Goodbye

1st since 2012 - Sweet, The Dreaming Tree

1st since 2013 - When The World Ends

1st since 2015 - Pig, So Damn Lucky, Rye Whiskey, The Stone

1st since 2016 - Grace Is Gone, You Might Die Trying, Why I Am, Lie In Our Graves, So Right, Jimi Thing, You & Me

NIGHT 1
2nd Pig opener (last 2002, could be 3-ish as it opened the n1 electric set in 2015)
1st Warehouse set closer
6th Two Step show closer (last 2016)

NIGHT 2
1st That Girl Is You opener
4th Stay set closer (last 2019)
5th All Along the Watchtower show closer (last 2019)

2nd ever: Steady As We Go, Rye Whiskey, Sweet, Funny How Time Slips Away
3rd ever: Samurai Cop, Sledgehammer, So Right

OTHER NOTABLES:
*Maybe only interesting to me, but this is the first time Funny How Time Slips Away and Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd have been played in the same show. In addition to being the "sequel to Little Thing", its always been clear Funny How Time Slips Away an influence on Stolen Away as its almost Dave's version of that same song.
*Grace Is Gone, So Damn Lucky & Lie In Our Graves played D&T at Farm Aid 2019 which was at Alpine
btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #962
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Listening to the Alpine N2 show. Man...this That Girl Is You performance is flat out bad. And the crowd literally just dies the moment that song starts.

Yet. He's going to continue to play it even if he can't sing it and people don't want to hear it.
    Old 07-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #963
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Listening to the Alpine N2 show. Man...this That Girl Is You performance is flat out bad. And the crowd literally just dies the moment that song starts.

Yet. He's going to continue to play it even if he can't sing it and people don't want to hear it.
    Bottom 5 song for me.
    Old 07-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #964
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepping View Post
    Bottom 5 song for me.

I had the realization recently that That Girl Is You is almost like the sequel to the song Stand Up (For It). They both have a really nifty/catchy guitar riff and its something the band could sit and jam on and be have fun with (wordlessly). But it feels really unexplored and unfinished and forced into being a song.

Could have been a nice jam or outro to another tune if they couldn't figure out anything else for it.
    Old 07-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #965
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I had the realization recently that That Girl Is You is almost like the sequel to the song Stand Up (For It). They both have a really nifty/catchy guitar riff and its something the band could sit and jam on and be have fun with (wordlessly). But it feels really unexplored and unfinished and forced into being a song.

Could have been a nice jam or outro to another tune if they couldn't figure out anything else for it.

It would be better if they simply extended the horn breakdown. Give Jeff and Buddy both solos, or have them trade off for more than 30 seconds.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2022, 11:01 AM   #966
    ckramer09

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That Girl is You is slightly better than Plastic Girl at least, which I was (un)lucky enough to see in 2016. LOL. The other song from the weekend I just thought was plain bad was The Only Thing, mostly because I thought what Tim was doing completely ruined the song for me. I haven't gone back and relistened yet, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but that was my thought in the moment.

Was so happy to get DT and finish the BTCS album for myself. Though Granny and Stone were just as big of highlights for me. Was not thrilled to get as many repeats as we did from the 2019 shows, but I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time and left so happy. I think this also has to deal with me having 6th row in 203, and before the bend in the seats. The crowd energy was through the roof, and the flow was a little better than N1, even though the set on paper for N1 looks better imo.

Overall, a fantastic weekend. Got my lady there for the first time ever, so that was awesome to do Alpine with her this year finally.
    ckramer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #967
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I am completely checked out during that song.
    Old 07-07-2022, 12:11 PM   #968
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

My Tour Central Stats

Current bottom 5 in no particular order
    Plastic Girl
    That Girl Is You
    Sweet
    Come Tomorrow
    Mercy
    Old 07-07-2022, 12:15 PM   #969
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

My Tour Central Stats

Current top 10 in order
    Two Step
    Recently
    The Stone
    Warehouse
    Monkey Man
    So Much to Say
    Grey Street
    Rhyme & Reason
    Seven
    Fool to Think
    Old 07-07-2022, 12:17 PM   #970
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

My Tour Central Stats

11 through 20
    Pig
    Dancing Nancies
    Drive In Drive Out
    Typical Situation
    Minarets
    You & Me
    Don't Drink the Water
    Where Are You Going
    Broken Things
    Old 07-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #971
    ckramer09

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Oh boy. I would be hard pressed to come up with a definite, in order top 10, but top 5 would be easier. 1 and 2 will always be a lock.

1. Last Stop
    2. Stone
    3. Dreaming Tree
    4. Say Goodbye
    5. JTR
    6. Pig
    7. You Never Know
    8-10?? Recently/Rapunzel/Granny/Halloween/Shotgun/Warehouse

Really after the top 5, it gets so tough for me to put in any specific order.
    ckramer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 06:23 PM   #972
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

What a great lookin' weekend over there at SPAC! Very jealous! Especially of that Pay For What You Get. Kudos to 'em, though! DMB continues to be selective/stingy regarding the Dreaming Tree, Shotgun, Break Free and Break For It bunch. If you go to a 2 nighter, you only seem to be able to land 1-2 of them at 2 night stand.

Venue Stats: SPAC

3 Never Played Before: The Only Thing, Fool In The Rain, Madman's Eyes

2 Tour Debuts: Everyday, Halloween

1 Liberation: Pay For What You Get

16 Songs Played Last time at SPAC (2021): #27, #41, Don't Drink The Water, Drive In Drive Out, Grey Street, Say Goodbye, Shake Me Like A Monkey, So Damn Lucky, Bartender, Can't Stop, Crush, Louisiana Bayou, Minarets, Sweet, Walk Around the Moon, Warehouse

1st since 2006 - Break Free

1st since 2009 - The Maker (full band)

1st since 2014 - Pay For What You Get, Rooftop

1st since 2015 - Lie In Our Graves (full band)

1st since 2016 - Seven, So Right, Typical Situation (full band), Halloween (full band), Proudest Monkey, Recently

1st since 2017 - The Maker (D&T), Typical Situation (D&T), Halloween (D&T), Lie In Our Graves (D&T)

NIGHT 1
    2nd #41 opener (last 2001)
    9th Two Step set closer (last 2013)
    3rd Shake Me Like a Monkey Step show closer (last 2021)

NIGHT 2
    3rd Bartender Is You opener (last 2014)
    8th Ants Marching set closer (last 2018)
    6th Halloween show closer (last 2016)

2nd ever: Walk Around the Moon, Break Free, Come On Come On, Pay For What You Get
    3rd ever: Sweet, Sledgehammer, Rooftop

Last edited by btpeters; 07-10-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    Old 07-10-2022, 06:46 PM   #973
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

Shows Seen: 77

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

How was Dave's voice both nights? I heard bits and pieces of the Friday night show on Sirius and it sounded kinda rough which is puzzling since they had a little break in between shows.
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 07:06 PM   #974
    Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    How was Dave's voice both nights? I heard bits and pieces of the Friday night show on Sirius and it sounded kinda rough which is puzzling since they had a little break in between shows.
    I was at Creek, Alpine, SPAC in the pavilions and thought he sounded great at all.
    Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2022, 04:14 AM   #975
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    Sirius traditionally mixes Dave's voice so roughly that it will sound abnormally bad on the radio versus at the show. I'll come from a show where I'll be in the sweet spot for sound, in the middle of the crowd, and say "wow Dave sounded great"... pull up the Sirius recording and it's atrocious haha.

While not soundboard quality, the audience tapes reflect exactly what you're hearing at the show.

To me at DC, Dave sounded just fine.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2022, 09:39 AM   #976
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm going to put this on today and laugh.

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2022, 02:43 PM   #977
    Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

My N1 premium package shipped, any N2 notifications out there? Supposed to get that from someone else so timing when to follow up
    Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #978
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    Sirius traditionally mixes Dave's voice so roughly that it will sound abnormally bad on the radio versus at the show. I'll come from a show where I'll be in the sweet spot for sound, in the middle of the crowd, and say "wow Dave sounded great"... pull up the Sirius recording and it's atrocious haha.

While not soundboard quality, the audience tapes reflect exactly what you're hearing at the show.

To me at DC, Dave sounded just fine.
    Oh his voice at DC was decent. I was talking about this past Friday's show at SPAC. While definitely not the best, his voice was definitely passable and didnt take away took much from the performances. Was just surprised with the layoff from Alpine that his voice wasn't stronger.
    Old 07-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #979
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

So, this is only the 4th trip to this place, so I cut out the 2nd ever, 3rd ever portion of this.

Venue Stats: Gilford

13 Never Played Before: Fool In The Rain, Madman's Eyes, It's Your Thing, Come On Come On, Rye Whiskey, The Maker, Stay or Leave, The Stone, Break For It, Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd, What You Are, Squirm, Two Step

3 Tour Debuts: It's Your Thing, What You Are, Oh

1 Song Debut: It's Your Thing

15 Songs Played Last time at Gilford (2021): Ants Marching, Don't Drink the Water, Granny, Grey Street, Jimi Thing, Warehouse, When The World Ends, You & Me, Crush, Funny the Way It Is, Sledgehammer, So Damn Lucky, Tripping Billies, Walk Around the Moon, Everyday

1st since 2016 - All Along The Watchtower, One Sweet World, Seven, Oh

NIGHT 1
    1st One Sweet World opener
    3rd Ants Marching set closer (last 2021)
    1st All Along the Watchtower show closer

NIGHT 2
    1st Tripping Billies opener
    1st Two Step set closer
    1st Everyday show closer
    Old 07-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #980
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all (i love you lurkers, too) -

Camden stats will post probably on Monday. Headed go see the Dave & Tim CMAC show tomorrow. So it’ll be when i get back!
    Old 07-16-2022, 07:28 PM   #981
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Camden stats will post probably on Monday. Headed go see the Dave & Tim CMAC show tomorrow. So it’ll be when i get back!
    Have fun man!
    Old 07-18-2022, 01:43 PM   #982
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Was there a show there?

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2022, 06:37 PM   #983
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

The 3 song star to night once certainly had all of us as believers, but eventually mecca, mecca'd

Venue Stats: Camden aka Mecca

4 Never Played Before: Sweet, Walk Around The Moon, Fool in The Rain, Madman's Eyes

3 Tour Debuts : Fool To Think, Big Eyed Fish, Raven

Songs Played Last time at Camden (2019): Big Eyed Fish, Bartender, Samurai Cop, So Much To Say, Too Much, PNP>Rapunzel, Everyday, Don't Drink The Water, Ants Marching,

1st since 2006 - Old Dirth Hill (Dave solo - Farm Aid)

1st since 2005 - Old Dirt Hill (full band)

1st since 2010 - Rye Whiskey

1st since 2014 - So Damn Lucky, Say Goodbye

1st since 2015 - Rooftop, Grace Is Gone, Raven, Stay or Leave

1st since 2016 - Fool to Think, Seek Up, When The World Ends, Lover Lay Down

NIGHT 1
    2nd Fool To Think opener (Last 2004)
    1st Don't Drink The Water set closer
    5th Ants Marching show closer (last 2019)

NIGHT 2
    1st Fool In The Rain opener
    5th Two Step set closer (last 2012)
    9th All Along The Watchtower show closer (last 2019)

3rd ever: Rooftop, That Girl, Do You Remember, Old Dirt Hill

OTHER NOTABLES:
    -Only venue to have Fool To Think open ever, and its happened twice.
    -2 songs with the for "Fool" to star title opened both nights.
    Old 07-19-2022, 06:17 AM   #984
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

My apologies, I was wiped yesterday from my CMAC trip and standing in on and off downpour for a show...mistakes were made. Sorry mecca! updated!

4 Never Played Before: Sweet, Walk Around The Moon, Fool in The Rain, Madman's Eyes

3 Tour Debuts : Fool To Think, Big Eyed Fish, Raven

16 Songs Played Last time at Camden (2019): Big Eyed Fish, Bartender, Samurai Cop, So Much To Say, Too Much, PNP>Rapunzel, Everyday, Don't Drink The Water, Ants Marching, That Girl Is You, Do YoU Remember, Louisiana Bayou, Why I Am, Grey Street, You and Me, All Along The Watchtower

1st since 2005 - Old Dirt Hill (full band)

1st since 2006 - Old Dirt Hill (Dave solo - Farm Aid)

1st since 2010 - Rye Whiskey

1st since 2014 - So Damn Lucky, Say Goodbye

1st since 2015 - Rooftop, Grace Is Gone, Raven, Stay or Leave

1st since 2016 - Fool to Think, Seek Up, When The World Ends, Lover Lay Down

NIGHT 1
    2nd Fool To Think opener (Last 2004)
    1st Don't Drink The Water set closer
    5th Ants Marching show closer (last 2019)

NIGHT 2
    1st Fool In The Rain opener
    5th Two Step set closer (last 2012)
    9th All Along The Watchtower show closer (last 2019)

3rd ever: Rooftop, That Girl, Do You Remember, Old Dirt Hill

OTHER NOTABLES:
    -Only venue to have Fool To Think open ever, and its happened twice.
    -2 songs with the for "Fool" to star title opened both nights.
    Old 07-19-2022, 06:54 AM   #985
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Well, this wasn't on the agenda for the year, but when I saw how cheap tickets were and always wanting to cross this one off my bucket list since 2010...I pulled the trigger and did it. And I'm super glad I did. This show was a bit standard for Dave & Tim, but seeing Dave & Tim isn't standard for me (my 6th time and 5th full show not counting Caravan). I took my 10 year old son with me and we had an absolute blast. He was mesmerized by Tim Reynolds and the 2 solo songs were some of his favorite parts of the show. Many go to the bathroom during those, but not my son! He nabbed 12 tunes he'd never seen before in his 5 shows. I grabbed 2, and I'm always up for seeing a new Dave tune for the first time no matter what it is.

This was a very small, cool place to see a show and the crowd, vibe is friendly and good. They surprised the hell outta me when "Save Me" started and they went absolutely nuts and were dancing like made and singing loudly to it. I've NEVER seen that kind of reaction to that one either in the full band or D&T setting. Also - odd to say, but I recommend checking out Out of My Hands as it was incredibly good. Normally I loathe it at full band shows, but it absolutely works D&T as I found in 2017. They extended the outro and I believe the kids say "It was fire". Anywho - Updated my stats!

Brandon's Stats: Show #63, Dave & Tim at CMAC (Canandaigua, NY)
    Next Stop: Gorge 2022 (shows #64, #65, #66)

2 New to Me: Betrayal, Something To Tell My Baby

5 Personal Liberations: Old Dirt Hill, Oh, Out Of My Hands, Save Me, Two Step (goddamn)

1st Oh opener
    13th Ants Marching set closer (last 2022)
    1st Warehouse show closer

2nd ever: The Ocean and the Butterfly, A Tangled Web We Weave

OTHER NOTABLES:
    -After 63 shows, 30 Don't Drink the Waters, I got my 1st "This Land Is Your Land" interpolation!
    -Betrayal was on the paper set for Pine Knob in 2017 and swapped to "Tim Improv". Landing it here means I am clean slate again for songs I've had cut from a show and still hadn't seen.
    -1st time since Dave & Tim at Lakeside Caravan that I saw a Dave & Tim show and got a new Dave/DMB song
    -Ties D&T Pine Knob for the most songs I've seen in 1 show at 27. D&T Blossom 2017 is my biggest at 28. For Full band its Alpine N2 2015 with 26 songs.
    - The only songs new to me for seeing in the Dave & Tim format were the new ones: Walk Around the Moon, Ocean and the Butterfly, Something To Tell My Baby

Song 'Times Seen' Milestones:
    - Grey Street (30)
    - Don't Drink the Water (30)
    - Crush (25)
    - Satellite (25)
    - Dancing Nancies (25)
    -Don't Drink the Water and Grey Street remain tied as my most seen song at 30 plays. Ants Marching now owns 3rd by itself with 29.
    - Samurai Cop moved into a tie with Can't Stop as my most seen Come Tomorrow song with 13.
    - A Tangled Web We Weave ties Grab the Horns By the Bull as my most heard Tim song with 2.
    Old 07-19-2022, 07:00 AM   #986
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

OH and most importantly!

-Two Step is my favorite song. And until last year, I had heard it at least 1 time every year since I first started going to shows (2006). So after 2 years, 10 months and 9 shows...I finally caught up with my old friend. Only 2 songs remain that I have seen at least 1 time every year (Don't Drink & Jimi Thing)
    Old 07-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #987
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

My Tour Central Stats

Nice! Any time you can pick up another show, you gotta do it!
    Old 07-20-2022, 05:56 AM   #988
    jdunndmb

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My apologies, I was wiped yesterday from my CMAC trip and standing in on and off downpour for a show...mistakes were made. Sorry mecca! updated!

please help out an old geezer. when/how did camden become known as mecca?i tried researching on my own and i found camden harbor in maine is known as a mecca as sailing, and some fellow named Antonio Mecca, but nothing related to DMB. curiosity is getting the better of me.
    Old 07-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #989
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdunndmb View Post
    please help out an old geezer. when/how did camden become known as mecca?i tried researching on my own and i found camden harbor in maine is known as a mecca as sailing, and some fellow named Antonio Mecca, but nothing related to DMB. curiosity is getting the better of me.

I apologize for the confusion. its an inside joke of the Deer Creek thread from long long ago.
    Old 07-21-2022, 05:22 AM   #990
    jdunndmb

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

no worries. i've found over the last few years that newer fans (relative to my tenure) have nicknames for things i've never heard of. i usually just nod my head like an old man dad muttering "ah, i see."

Quote:
    I apologize for the confusion. its an inside joke of the Deer Creek thread from long long ago.