New Album Coming in One Week! - Page 525 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-18-2022, 05:08 PM   #15721
kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
The folks putting Break Free/Break for It in their mock track lists, are you thinking a new recording, or a Batson remix?
i would expect that if break free and break for it in fact are making the album, it will be new recordings so they are capturing the current band as-is. You've got Tim and Buddy who weren't around for those original recordings adding their parts and so certainly would hope they would take the effort to just do them as they are today. They're clearly rehearsed up enough on both those songs to perform live, so would think that positions them to rock em out in the studio.

NEW songs from past 2-ish years: walk around the moon, Madman's Eyes, Ocean and the butterfly (i like this song more than most apparently), The Only Thing

OLD new songs: break for it, break free, shotgun, and Sweet Up And Down (hasnt shown up this year, but they loved it last year and if the label is obsessing over a single....this song could do it).

That's at least 8 songs right there that are reasonably in play. Have to assume STTMB and Windows are prolly sidelined.....such is life. Here's hoping that all the above listed tunes make the album plus a handful of others that we haven't heard yet. That's HOPE.
kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-20-2022, 07:26 AM   #15722
    Dodo36

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    If I impregnated a girl after my first DMB concert, that child would be close to graduating college right now. I mean hell, if I impregnated a girl after I signed up for Ants, the child would be in college... Anyway, point being... Are the college kids seeing DMB today the same type of college kids that saw them 25 years ago?

... are college kids even going to see DMB anymore?

'Cause I see DMB as the type of band that solidifies its audience in the first decade or so, and then that audience just stays and grows with the band. I don't see newer DMB fans that would feel at home with that frat-douche scene from way back in the day. And I could see the folks that were in that scene either not going to DMB concerts anymore, or they're mellowed out with a partner and kids.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
    They exist, but it's not like back in the day where Dave was the college music darling (in large part because of the D&T tours). I think most would consider them too mainstream to be deserving of a following on campuses like they used to have (and I say this working at a college and seeing it in practice).

Into Prince? Check out my blog on Prince's full discography, including the side projects.
    https://Listen2Prince.blogspot.com
    Dodo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 07:56 AM   #15723
    dmbnufan
    Go Cubs

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    i would expect that if break free and break for it in fact are making the album, it will be new recordings so they are capturing the current band as-is. You've got Tim and Buddy who weren't around for those original recordings adding their parts and so certainly would hope they would take the effort to just do them as they are today. They're clearly rehearsed up enough on both those songs to perform live, so would think that positions them to rock em out in the studio.

NEW songs from past 2-ish years: walk around the moon, Madman's Eyes, Ocean and the butterfly (i like this song more than most apparently), The Only Thing

OLD new songs: break for it, break free, shotgun, and Sweet Up And Down (hasnt shown up this year, but they loved it last year and if the label is obsessing over a single....this song could do it).

That's at least 8 songs right there that are reasonably in play. Have to assume STTMB and Windows are prolly sidelined.....such is life. Here's hoping that all the above listed tunes make the album plus a handful of others that we haven't heard yet. That's HOPE.
    First, SUAD has popped up this tour already. Secondly, I can't see Shotgun or SUAD being on the new record.

And I sure as hope Windows and STTMB do not show up on this record. Those two, especially Windows, have no business being on a DMB record. Tired of seeing record slots taken up by Dave solo songs. Windows and/or STTMB should have been recorded and released digitally as they spoke to specific moments in time. I don't want to go back and remember that time Dave sang Windows on that Verizon @ Home thing early in the pandemic; those times were bleak and the album should be forward-looking, IMO.
    Old 06-20-2022, 10:18 AM   #15724
    hopewelljones

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bibby1044 View Post
    Lol this.

Much of the dmb summer is about seeing people I never get to see now. It’s the only function that a group of my friends get together for anymore as a tradition. That means I enjoy the show as much as I can but I’m really only there for the surprises and the new stuff. I don’t need to hear satellite for the 70th time. So yes many drinks are consumed and much fun is had.
    You go to concerts to talk to your friends? During songs? Interesting. By interesting I mean, fuckin whack.

I so badly want to see a show in Europe, where they actually go to the shows to see and listen to the band.

Last edited by hopewelljones; 06-20-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    hopewelljones is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 11:13 AM   #15725
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hopewelljones View Post
    You go to concerts to talk to your friends? During songs? Interesting. By interesting I mean, fuckin whack.

I so badly want to see a show in Europe, where they actually go to the shows to see and listen to the band.
    Yeah man we don’t get together until the very first note of the weekend so we have no choice.
    bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #15726
    The2SteppingPig

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hopewelljones View Post

Fingers crossed Winter/Spring 2023
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #15727
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah man we don’t get together until the very first note of the weekend so we have no choice.
    Really, no choice? Why not meet at a bar? Schedule a camping weekend or something? Seems like a dick move to go to a concert to talk, when you aren't interested in 70+% of the setlist even.

I don't know you, don't follow your posts, so I don't mean to claim that *you* are a hypocrite, but, I see on here all the time people complaining about ticket prices. I complain about how shitty DMB crowds are. Well - here we have proof that people are willing to pay these prices just to talk to their friends. So like, yeah, the problems will prevail.

If seeing Satellite isn't exciting anymore, maybe it's time to take a break.

I just love how the entitled "die-hards" are the ones who seem to be most apathetic at the shows. Seems kinda backwards.

Edited sidenote: I love how this thread and the "random thoughts" thread are interchangeable at this point

Last edited by hopewelljones; 06-20-2022 at 12:10 PM.
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:13 PM   #15728
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The2SteppingPig View Post
    Fingers crossed Winter/Spring 2023
    Have you seen any shows in the States? Curious to hear your interpretation of the differences between American and European crowds.
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:17 PM   #15729
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

People are complaining that their stuck with lawn tickets and not in the pit or in the pavilion. But will go there to talk during songs they don't like. What if someone found the band after listening to Come Tomorrow and has madly fallen in love with them? If "die-hards" had their way they'd be sitting on the lawn, while decades long fans who only passingly like the band now go out of tradition to meet up with old friends. Who deserves what nowadays?
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #15730
    theflower

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hahaha. classic.
    theflower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #15731
    lc_2000

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Lol this.

Much of the dmb summer is about seeing people I never get to see now. It’s the only function that a group of my friends get together for anymore as a tradition. That means I enjoy the show as much as I can but I’m really only there for the surprises and the new stuff. I don’t need to hear satellite for the 70th time. So yes many drinks are consumed and much fun is had.
    So STFU if you don’t like a song. Also, schedule some Zoom meetings with your friends to catch up.
    lc_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:51 PM   #15732
    bibby1044

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lc_2000 View Post
    So STFU if you don’t like a song. Also, schedule some Zoom meetings with your friends to catch up.
    Why is it assumed because a person likes to consume alcohol and have fun at a show means they act like a douche?

One thing this thread has taught me is people really can’t read between the lines on this forum anymore. It’s a good representation of the state of society really.
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #15733
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    People are complaining that their stuck with lawn tickets and not in the pit or in the pavilion. But will go there to talk during songs they don't like. What if someone found the band after listening to Come Tomorrow and has madly fallen in love with them? If "die-hards" had their way they'd be sitting on the lawn, while decades long fans who only passingly like the band now go out of tradition to meet up with old friends. Who deserves what nowadays?
    You said it.
    Quote:
    Even though I freaking hate bayou's verses the band had it tight and on point and the crowd (outside of me and some of the die hards) was eating it up.
    This is a quote I read in the 2022 Tour thread. It's like, they're basically admitting that the performance was good/fun but had to assert that they and the die-hards were above it, or somethin. It's just a really odd fanbase, that's kinda incomparable to any other fanbase I'm involved with. The only other band I've followed as hard, actually harder, than DMB is My Morning Jacket. They close like 90% of their shows with One Big Holiday and I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about it being overplayed. It's super exciting when they open with it or play it mid-set, but nobody complains when it closes. And they certainly wouldn't continue to see them for like 10+ years and complain year after year about their setlists, when their patterns are pretty well established and predictable.
    Old 06-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #15734
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Why is it assumed because a person likes to consume alcohol and have fun at a show means they act like a douche?

One thing this thread has taught me is people really can’t read between the lines on this forum anymore. It’s a good representation of the state of society really.
    You literally said that you go to concerts to talk to your friends. If you can't see how that's rude, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying that I don't speak a word at shows. I certainly consume alcohol and have fun. Everyone is there to have fun. It's just unfortunate that people use their shows as a social event, rather than being an audience member to a performance. It is textbook selfishness.

Last edited by hopewelljones; 06-20-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    Old 06-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #15735
    bibby1044

My Tour Central Stats

Sarcasm there jones.

Dave weekends are about seeing good people. That doesn’t mean I only see them during the show and use the concert to ask how they’ve been while Dave is singing satellite lol. Im a music fan. I listen to the show.
    Old 06-20-2022, 01:12 PM   #15736
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 01:52 PM   #15737
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

Old 06-20-2022, 03:17 PM   #15738
    mikelibrot

My Tour Central Stats

Well this thread went somewhere…
    mikelibrot is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 07:36 AM   #15739
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Opening this back up now that everyone has had a while to chill out.

Here's all the album news you missed while it was locked:
    Old 06-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #15740
    Gunz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

Anyone seen the news
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #15741
    hopewelljones

My Tour Central Stats

damn what a badass
    Old 06-26-2022, 09:23 AM   #15742
    stlbluespower
    DMB 2012

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Anyone seen the news
    We've all only seen bridges.
    stlbluespower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #15743
    RainDog1980

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This was cruel. I thought there was going to be news!
    RainDog1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 06:15 PM   #15744
    bowa36

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Here's all the album news the entire thread has to offer:
    Fixed that up a bit for you
    Old 06-27-2022, 05:42 AM   #15745
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2022, 06:57 AM   #15746
    ericvol

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thank you! Hope this is a sign there is some news coming soon
    Old 06-27-2022, 07:04 AM   #15747
    bibby1044

My Tour Central Stats

I opened this thread wondering if vol posted in jt yet
    Old 06-27-2022, 07:06 AM   #15748
    NewAgedNerd

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Something something, outback steakhouse, something something
    NewAgedNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2022, 07:34 AM   #15749
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This reminds me of MTV's Making the Band when Diddy shut down the studio due to the band members fighting and then shortly after they chilled out reopened it lol
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2022, 07:53 AM   #15750
    RolandsThinny
    "Pamcakes!!"

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    This reminds me of MTV's Making the Band when Diddy shut down the studio due to the band members fighting and then shortly after they chilled out reopened it lol
    That’s because ExistenceNow *IS* Diddy. Duh.