I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show? - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #61
berman1125
 
berman1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hartford
Posts: 35,832

Shows Seen: 75

Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

raven, you a bitch
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
Ummm...how many times does Dave literally have to say ďI donít careĒ for you to believe him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #62
    RavenMaven
    To the Trees!!
     
    RavenMaven's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: All up in it.
    Posts: 1,648

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    raven, you a bitch



    In terms of DMB, it pays to be born in 1979 and live in southern NY with parents that gave you money to get away from them.

    And I is a bitch.
    RavenMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #63
    maherhar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Posts: 930

    Shows Seen: 8
    Send a message via AIM to maherhar Send a message via Yahoo to maherhar

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Central Park
    maherhar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #64
    phunky420
    Mmmm....Drums
     
    phunky420's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Portland...Land of Beer
    Posts: 3,530

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by handal View Post
    I'm guessing the OP is referring to something comparable to what Big Cypress was for Phish, and IMO I don't think DMB has had a moment like that on stage. If you're really looking for a spot where there maybe a seismic shift in the DMB world, perhaps it would be the Lillywhite sessions.

    The band was so near putting out another amazing album following the big 3, and then everything just kind of changed, and we've all seen what's come since then. Hit or miss albums, hit or miss tours, but still high hopes based on some gems we've heard and seen.

    I personally believe that there are still great things ahead for DMB and I can't wait to be there for them.
    What he said.....busted stuff could have been another epic album...instead it was just a good record.
    __________________
    "Don't lose the dreams inside your head, they'll only be there till your dead"
    phunky420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #65
    solsburyhill
    MM #57
     
    solsburyhill's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Carolina
    Posts: 10,779

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    raleigh '08 was (for now) the most memorable moment of my concert going life.

    Seek Up G1 G2 G3
    So Damn Lucky G1 G2 G3
    Corn Bread G1 G2 G3
    Granny G2 G3
    Crush G1 G2 G3
    Sledgehammer G1 G2 G3
    #41 G1 G2 G3
    Pantala Naga Pampa ...> G1 G2 G3
    Rapunzel G1 G2 G3
    The Space Between + G2 G3
    Dancing Nancies G1 G2 G3
    The Idea Of You G1 G2 G3
    Smooth Rider G1 G2 G3
    Everyday G1 G2 G3
    Louisiana Bayou G1 G2 G3
    Encore:
    Gravedigger G1 G2 G3
    Tripping Billies G1 G2 G3
    __________________
    Bryan

    solsburyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #66
    kingchrisII
    The book of Dilligaf
     
    kingchrisII's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: NJ
    Posts: 2,882

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    the encore from hershey 2008.

    money
    two step
    ants marching

    it doesnt get better than that.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hi! I'm Jake - I ban people for a living.


    (yes, you can sig that)
    kingchrisII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #67
    zajDmB1
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 30,792

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Hersheys shows in 03 and 04 are two of the, if no THE, best shows of anyone I've ever seen. People need to get over this 2000s mindset that just because the output is worse the concerts suffer too. I understand completely that setlists can make a huge difference, but there is still something to be said about performance, and a show with a kick ass bayou, even though it is much worse than a kick ass ants can still be a great fucking show. But those shows were pre-SU anyway, so I didn't have to worry about that haha.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #68
    MDrums54
    Local Band Does O.K.
     
    MDrums54's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Happy Valley
    Posts: 4,453

    Shows Seen: 8
    Send a message via AIM to MDrums54

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingchrisII View Post
    the encore from hershey 2008.

    money
    two step
    ants marching

    it doesnt get better than that.
    __________________
    My Band: www.cppmusic.net

    #41/Sojourn of Arjuna Jam:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdh6wNhpFo
    MDrums54 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #69
    RobRoy286
     
    RobRoy286's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Location: Kalamazoo
    Posts: 6,743

    Shows Seen: 1
    Send a message via AIM to RobRoy286

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsburyhill View Post
    raleigh '08 was (for now) the most memorable moment of my concert going life.

    Seek Up G1 G2 G3
    So Damn Lucky G1 G2 G3
    Corn Bread G1 G2 G3
    Granny G2 G3
    Crush G1 G2 G3
    Sledgehammer G1 G2 G3
    #41 G1 G2 G3
    Pantala Naga Pampa ...> G1 G2 G3
    Rapunzel G1 G2 G3
    The Space Between + G2 G3
    Dancing Nancies G1 G2 G3
    The Idea Of You G1 G2 G3
    Smooth Rider G1 G2 G3
    Everyday G1 G2 G3
    Louisiana Bayou G1 G2 G3
    Encore:
    Gravedigger G1 G2 G3
    Tripping Billies G1 G2 G3
    That was a sweet show, but the last 4 songs of the main set were brutal, especially knowing that they cut 3 good songs and kept the bad songs. It's like they're doing it on purpose, it's so frustrating.
    RobRoy286 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #70
    bluewater_1993
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 9

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Yes, thank you! I realized the typo afterward and was too lazy to correct it... That whole tour was excellent. I was lucky enough to see 6/6, 6/7, 6/8, and 6/12 of that tour. How nice it was to be in college and have so much free time back then!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBenjamin View Post
    i was just listening to this one yesterday on liog.org

    oo and btw it's 6-6-97
    bluewater_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #71
    Acester25
    DMB fan 1995-death
     
    Acester25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 1,637

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    I've listened to all the 97 shows with Bela Fleck several times and I still agree with the OP. 6/8/97 just has the best performances of the big songs. Still my favorite show overall of all-time.

    Jake, I just don't understand your opinions sometimes. However, in terms of the LAST great show, I love DMB too much to say the last great show happened more than 10 years ago. I thought Hershey was a great show but I'm probably too easily pleased.
    __________________
    VOTE FOR 6/8/97!! http://www.antsmarching.org/tour/Vie...hp?ShowID=2234
    "One of the things about playing music for all of us is that it's a source of joy. So even if we're singing about death or loss or the end of the world, at the very core of everything there's got to be hope."~David J. Matthews
    Acester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #72
    Jake
    antsmarching.org Staff
    Setlist Archiver
     
    Jake's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Sunny F-L-A
    Posts: 59,131

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Acester25 View Post
    I've listened to all the 97 shows with Bela Fleck several times and I still agree with the OP. 6/8/97 just has the best performances of the big songs. Still my favorite show overall of all-time.

    Jake, I just don't understand your opinions sometimes. However, in terms of the LAST great show, I love DMB too much to say the last great show happened more than 10 years ago. I thought Hershey was a great show but I'm probably too easily pleased.
    I guess it's hard to say what 'great' is, and one mans great is another's crap.


    every 97 show ended with ants, they played almost the same set every nite, it was a short tour - it was looked upon as the worst tour ever until around 2001, when new fans came in and started liking it. I guess I'm in the minority now, but I remember the show very well... it was nothing outstanding... I remember the DIDO closer, the astb (which was the 1st I heard, and half the crowd thought it was going to be Halloween), and they played Leave Me Praying - which I liked better as "Weight Of The World", but to each his own.


    If you said to me, what was the last great show - I'd say SPAC nite 2 without hesitation.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #73
    Acester25
    DMB fan 1995-death
     
    Acester25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 1,637

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I guess it's hard to say what 'great' is, and one mans great is another's crap.


    every 97 show ended with ants, they played almost the same set every nite, it was a short tour - it was looked upon as the worst tour ever until around 2001, when new fans came in and started liking it. I guess I'm in the minority now, but I remember the show very well... it was nothing outstanding... I remember the DIDO closer, the astb (which was the 1st I heard, and half the crowd thought it was going to be Halloween), and they played Leave Me Praying - which I liked better as "Weight Of The World", but to each his own.


    If you said to me, what was the last great show - I'd say SPAC nite 2 without hesitation.
    There's no way you can remember that show that well. I just read THIS... http://www.antsmarching.org/columns/...hp?columnid=45 No WONDER that show gives you a bad taste in your mouth!

    Wow, this is why I don't drink at shows and I don't let friends drink much at shows either. I had a couple bad experiences and that was IT.

    You should really listen to this show again and compare it to other 97 shows and tell me which versions of #41, Two Step, Tripping Billies, LIOG, Seek Up, Ants, BOWA, OSW(instrumental) are BETTER than at this show. There may be a couple INDIVIDUAL performances at a couple OTHER shows but no other shows have so MANY good performances. I can understand the animosity of the one-song encore, but if this show was in everyone's CD collection as a MASTERED show, it would undoubtedly be among DMB fans' overall favorites.
    __________________
    VOTE FOR 6/8/97!! http://www.antsmarching.org/tour/Vie...hp?ShowID=2234
    "One of the things about playing music for all of us is that it's a source of joy. So even if we're singing about death or loss or the end of the world, at the very core of everything there's got to be hope."~David J. Matthews
    Acester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #74
    RavenMaven
    To the Trees!!
     
    RavenMaven's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: All up in it.
    Posts: 1,648

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Acester25 View Post
    There's no way you can remember that show that well. I just read THIS... http://www.antsmarching.org/columns/...hp?columnid=45 No WONDER that show gives you a bad taste in your mouth!

    Wow, this is why I don't drink at shows and I don't let friends drink much at shows either. I had a couple bad experiences and that was IT.

    You should really listen to this show again and compare it to other 97 shows and tell me which versions of #41, Two Step, Tripping Billies, LIOG, Seek Up, Ants, BOWA, OSW(instrumental) are BETTER than at this show. There may be a couple INDIVIDUAL performances at a couple OTHER shows but no other shows have so MANY good performances. I can understand the animosity of the one-song encore, but if this show was in everyone's CD collection as a MASTERED show, it would undoubtedly be among DMB fans' overall favorites.

    I don't know...I was at 6.5, 6.6, 6.8, 6.10 & 6.11, and I was and am partial to 6.6. Best setlist and best performance, imo. In fact, it was this show that spurred me to adopt SPAC as my home venue when I lived equidistant from several. Moved to Albany several years later, true story.

    Last edited by RavenMaven; 07-22-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    RavenMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #75
    bubba40
     
    bubba40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 13,040

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    If you said to me, what was the last great show - I'd say SPAC nite 2 without hesitation.
    For you personally, what was the last great show before SPAC night 2?
    bubba40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 12:42 AM   #76
    Acester25
    DMB fan 1995-death
     
    Acester25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 1,637

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RavenMaven View Post
    I don't know...I was at 6.5, 6.6, 6.8, 6.10 & 6.11, and I was and am partial to 6.6. Best setlist and best performance, imo. In fact, it was this show that spurred me to adopt SPAC as my home venue when I lived equidistant from several. Moved to Albany several years later, true story.
    Just went back and listened to, compared 6/6/97 to 6/8/97. 6/8/97 definitely wins in my book...


    Here's some reasons why:

    Tripping Billies (6/8/97) > Tripping Billies (6/6/97) CONTRARY to what Tour Central says, 6/6/97 does NOT have a true Nature intro with Lyrics, 6/8/97 DOES.

    #41 (6/8/97) > #41 (6/6/97) - This one's not even CLOSE. 6/8/97 featured a great solo by Roi with a climax into sojourn then Bela and Coffin dueled it out. 6/6/97 there wasn't much of a climax on Roi's solo then it kind of just died out until Bela had his solo at the end, no Coffin.

    LIOG (6/8/97) > LIOG (6/6/97)
    - This one's not close either. 6/8/97 has the best solo by Bela and maybe the best solo by any guest or the best solo performed on any Dmb song PERIOD. 6/6/97 just doesn't flow as well plus I enjoy Carter more on 6/8/97.

    Two Step(6/8/97) > Two Step (6/6/97) - This one's debatable but 6/6/97 just drags on at the end and just gets really boring.

    Seek Up (6/6/97) = Seek Up (6/8/97) - this one is debatable as well. Boyd just seems to soar a little more on 6/8/97 but Dave seems more passionate in 6/6/97. You decide.

    Leave Me Praying is in 6/8/97. Not in 6/6/97.
    Say Goodbye is in 6/8/97 and it's a great one. Not in 6/6/97.
    One Sweet World with Intrumental Intro in 6/8/97. Not in 6/6/97.
    Best Of What's Around is in 6/8/97. Not in 6/6/97.

    Ants Marching (6/8/97) > Ants Marching (6/6/97) - 6/8/97 has snare intro and is 18 seconds longer. 6/6/97 has no snare intro.

    I've got more reasons but I'm tired...goodnight.
    __________________
    VOTE FOR 6/8/97!! http://www.antsmarching.org/tour/Vie...hp?ShowID=2234
    "One of the things about playing music for all of us is that it's a source of joy. So even if we're singing about death or loss or the end of the world, at the very core of everything there's got to be hope."~David J. Matthews

    Last edited by Acester25; 07-23-2008 at 12:45 AM.
    Acester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #77
    phish36
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Posts: 3,077

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    i'd say 6.21.08... but that's just me.

    Setlist and performance are out of this world... this is one of those rare, rare shows where everything just CLICKS.

    But I would say DMB's all time highest point would be the run of 12.3, 12.7, and 12.8.98 almost in a row... those are three of my favorite and best shows i've ever heard.
    phish36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 01:55 AM   #78
    cworty06
    I'm Clay
     
    cworty06's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Columbus, Ohio/Athens, Ohio (OU)
    Posts: 7,828

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MDrums54 View Post
    oh yea.

    8/8/07 ftw

    no everyday, one stand up (abi), the rest greatness.
    such an awesome set
    __________________
    "Donít be too good to feel good!
    Donít be too hip to fuckiní understand!
    Wake the fuck up!
    Get off your ass and feel some shit." --DJM
    cworty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 AM   #79
    dhrsko2
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Posts: 5

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chr35919 View Post
    12-3-1998.

    /thread

    yes sir, my favorite show

    dont know about most recent great show though
    dhrsko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 02:38 AM   #80
    WappySprayberry
    Bump it
     
    WappySprayberry's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: give up america
    Posts: 1,640

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maherhar View Post
    Central Park
    Correct.
    WappySprayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 02:47 AM   #81
    CincyDMBfan41
    Who Dey!
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Cheyenne
    Posts: 268

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Be tough to find something better than this two-night stand. Impossible? No. Tough? Yes.

    Dave Matthews Band
    June 26, 2000
    Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

    #41
    Warehouse
    One Sweet World
    Say Goodbye
    Jimi Thing
    Sweet Up and Down
    Typical Situation
    Little Thing (Tease) ^
    Grey Street
    Build You a House (Tease) ~
    Bartender G1
    Crush G1
    Drive In Drive Out
    The Song That Jane Likes
    JTR G1
    Too Much
    Encore:
    #40 (Tease)
    Digging a Ditch


    Dave Matthews Band
    June 27, 2000
    Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

    Satellite
    Rhyme and Reason
    Lie In Our Graves
    Grey Street
    All Along The Watchtower
    Raven
    #36
    Bartender
    Crash Into Me
    So Much To Say ...>
    Anyone Seen the Bridge? ...>
    Too Much
    Long Black Veil
    JTR
    Stay
    Encore:
    Grace Is Gone
    Ants Marching
    Two Step
    CincyDMBfan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #82
    clayj41
     
    clayj41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 63,915

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    9.11.05

    anyone here would have given a nut to be there
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    pig
    you never know
    stand up
    grey st.
    when the word ends
    dream girl
    liog
    loverlay down
    what you are
    oomh
    41
    granny
    halloween
    butterfly
    crush
    pnp
    rapunzel
    =====
    bayou
    tower
    I was there and it's the best DMB show I've ever seen, but I'll still say that the last "great" show was in 2000.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #83
    Rebecca De Mornay
    HateAllThingsElijah
     
    Rebecca De Mornay's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Posts: 65,522

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    hartford spac and wpb N2 this year were all great shows
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ewingjb View Post
    Wow guys, I wasn't at this show, but just listened to your Halloween. Damn, raw AF! I bet it was incredible live, Timmys outro was bad-ass!!!! Gotta listen to the rest of this show, setlist is on point.
    Rebecca De Mornay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #84
    AntsMarching2003
     
    AntsMarching2003's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 820

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    I'm surprised more people havn't said Central Park. Not the best setlist, but no Stand Up, and great performances of every song. Excellent show.
    AntsMarching2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #85
    kyle31
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Location: on the saint lawrence river
    Posts: 161

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    the last great show was the last one they played. Every show is a great show- cause these guys fucking rock and thats why we all go see them every year, listen to all their cd's and get on these boards. they are a great live band and all shows are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kyle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #86
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: location location
    Posts: 13,902

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyle31 View Post
    the last great show was the last one they played. Every show is a great show- cause these guys fucking rock and thats why we all go see them every year, listen to all their cd's and get on these boards. they are a great live band and all shows are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love the enthusiasm, but the dmb are humans. not every show is created equal
    __________________
    Mmm boy that Hennigans goes down smooth. And afterwards you don't even smell.
    mr. testaverde is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #87
    bluewater_1993
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 9

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RavenMaven View Post
    I don't know...I was at 6.5, 6.6, 6.8, 6.10 & 6.11, and I was and am partial to 6.6. Best setlist and best performance, imo. In fact, it was this show that spurred me to adopt SPAC as my home venue when I lived equidistant from several. Moved to Albany several years later, true story.
    Raven,
    That show is why I drive from NH to SPAC every year... The performance was great, and in respect to the others who think 6/8 was better, for a long time I would have said 6/8... Looking back though, with the group of friends I was with and the entire experience of the night and my life at that time, that is why that show always holds that special meaning to me. That one night is what cemented me as a lifelong fan due to all those things combined. DMB may be better musically and always play a great show, but to me, this is the one I always think about when I'm dreaming of a DMB show... Does anyone follow?
    bluewater_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #88
    bluewater_1993
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 9

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    9.11.05

    anyone here would have given a nut to be there

    Good call, but if I'm giving up a nut, it would have to be 1/26/1993 or 1/29/1994 (Dave and Tim)... Both of those shows were crazy, loose, and in the case of 1/29/1994, passionate as hell...
    bluewater_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #89
    Acester25
    DMB fan 1995-death
     
    Acester25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 1,637

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluewater_1993 View Post
    Raven,
    That show is why I drive from NH to SPAC every year... The performance was great, and in respect to the others who think 6/8 was better, for a long time I would have said 6/8... Looking back though, with the group of friends I was with and the entire experience of the night and my life at that time, that is why that show always holds that special meaning to me. That one night is what cemented me as a lifelong fan due to all those things combined. DMB may be better musically and always play a great show, but to me, this is the one I always think about when I'm dreaming of a DMB show... Does anyone follow?
    I completely get you. I was at 12/1/98, which was an AWESOME show. HOWEVER, I was also at 7/3/00. If you compare those two shows on paper and if you listen back and compare the two recordings, 12/1/98 wins, NO CONTEST.

    However, in terms of greatest shows I've ever witnessed, nothing has TOUCHED 7/3/00 for ME. The stars aligned PERFECTLY for me at that show.
    Two Step in the rain to FIREWORKS with no one but my two friends beside me and NO ONE in front of us obstructing our view. We had PERFECT seats, better than the 2nd row seats I had at Hershey on 7/10/04 and we were probably over 100 yards from the stage! Have you ever been to an IMAX theater that has really steep seating so nothing is in front of you? That's what it was like. We were front row balcony at Three Rivers with nothing but an iron bar at our waists to hold on to. The rain, the perfect sound, and the fireworks could never be reproduced.
    __________________
    VOTE FOR 6/8/97!! http://www.antsmarching.org/tour/Vie...hp?ShowID=2234
    "One of the things about playing music for all of us is that it's a source of joy. So even if we're singing about death or loss or the end of the world, at the very core of everything there's got to be hope."~David J. Matthews

    Last edited by Acester25; 07-23-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: It was probably more like over 100 YARDS, not 100 feet!
    Acester25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #90
    chevman
    [Logic will save us]
     
    chevman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Marshall Islands, Pacific Ocean
    Posts: 7,479

    Shows Seen: 3
    Send a message via ICQ to chevman Send a message via AIM to chevman Send a message via Yahoo to chevman

    Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!!!
    chevman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram