Disney World - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #31
TwoSteppingAnts
ankle-biter

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Disney World

Then you're lucky! That place is SO expensive. I spent well over $1000, and I was there for four days.

I bought some picture frames, they have really beautiful picture frames at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Other than that, $$$ went for park admission and food, which you don't have to pay for.
Now and then it's nice to see
The world-from a different angle.
TwoSteppingAnts is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #32
    EddieW33
    Win Twins!!!

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by secretlysmiling
    All of my meals and passes for the parks has already been paid for. I think it was something like $800. Luckily my boyfriend helped me with that.

So I guess I only need money for souveniers, right?
    Good idea on the tickets and food package...but the gifts are also kind of spendy...but many are woth it...so many unique items...

...I love Disneyworld - hit up all of the nighttime shows as someone had mentioned - they RULE.

Do as much as possible, but def take your time...

...don't forget to get yourseld some Mickey ears with your name (or any you choose) stitched on the back...
    Minnesota Twins Fan Club Member #1

Alpine Baby!!!
    EddieW33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #33
    Raven36
    pick me up love

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

the souveniers are the best. and the food. or dear.. the food is to die for. the desserts? theres some money right there. but money well spent in my opinion.

get a princess hat. i still have mine.

o and last time i was there, we got a birthday hat. its in the shape of a cake and the candles light up. i think thats my fav thing weve bought.

no i take that back. i have a necklade with a red flip flop charm, and on the flip flop is a little mickey head (ya know the 3 circles). thats my fav.

i love disney world. its the happiest place on earth.

o and go to philarmagic. thats a good show. and illuminations in epcot. really good show.

Last edited by Raven36; 07-06-2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Raven36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #34
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks for all the help. And I will have a whole week... That is enough time right?

My boyfriend's mother has this whole itenerary, but the only thing we really have to stick to is the time and place we eat. The only two places I can remember are Chef Mickey's and Ohana... We have reservations for a few other places, too... Um, I think one's a steakhouse... I can't remember any of the other places.
    A week should be plenty of time. Also, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours (park opens either one hour earlier or stays open three hours after the park has closed for Disney resort guests) as well as Fastpasses.
    hoke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #35
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Disneyworld and Disneyland seriously rule(World is bigger, better).

It all depends how you go into it. If you go in trying to be too cool for school, you will hate it. If you go in being open(read, knowing) it is Disney stuff left and right and admire how detailed everything is and how much skill it must take to be a Disney Imagineer(ride maker)...you will fall in love with it.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #36
    mpanas

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Typhoon Lagoon! My family and I usally spend the mornings at the water parks and then head out to the parks later in the afternoon. And the bar at Typhoon Lagoon opens at 11 o'clock. Oh yeah another thing you should definetly check out is the show Fantasmic at MGM.
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #37
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBBeav
    Disneyworld and Disneyland seriously rule(World is bigger, better).

It all depends how you go into it. If you go in trying to be too cool for school, you will hate it. If you go in being open(read, knowing) it is Disney stuff left and right and admire how detailed everything is and how much skill it must take to be a Disney Imagineer(ride maker)...you will fall in love with it.
    Well said. I always wanted to be an Imagineer, that is just such a cool job. As for the immense detailing of attractions, go to Expedition Everest and prepare to be amazed. Everything from the queue to the trains to the mountain itself and the huge YETI are amazing due to the years of research and design. The Imagineers in charge of creating this ride (Joe Rhode is the man, by the way) went to the Himalyas and to Nepalese villages hundreds of miles from major cities to research the feared yeti. There was a show on the Discovery channel about this ride and everything that went into it. This could be the best ride Disney has built in the last 15 years, maybe ever. Great ride.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #38
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoke2007
    Disney World is such a cool plae to visit. There is a whole bunch of new rides and attractions down there that have been added in the last few years. So here is my list of must-see rides:

-Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom) -Everest (Animal Kingdom)
    -Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom) -Dinosaur (Amimal Kingdom)
    -Jungle Cruise (Magic Kingdom) -Kilamanjaro Safari (Animal Kingdom)
    -Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) -Tower of Terror (MGM-Studios)
    -Mickey's Philharmagic (Magic Kingdom) -Rock n' Roller Coaster (MGM)
    -Buzz Lightyear (Magic Kingdom) -Star Tours (MGM-Studios)
    -Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom) -Great Movie Ride (MGM-Studios)
    -Soarin' (Epcot) -Mission: Space (Epcot)
    -Test Track (Epcot) -Spaceship Earth (Epcot)

Plus, don't miss any of the nighttime shows (Wishes, Illuminations, and Fantasmic!). Most of all, have fun and act like a kid again. See everything you possibly can but relax. Don't push your self too hard and try to see everything in a day. Disney World is unlike any place on earth and is truely a great vacation destination. Again, have fun on your trip and tell us all about it when you get back!
    and Pleasure Island.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #39
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1
    and Pleasure Island.
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot about all of Downtown Disney! Yeah, hit up Pleasure Island at least once. The Adventurer's Club is a very cool place to hang out for a while, then head over to one of the other clubs and dance the night away!
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #40
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

if you're old enough to drink, drink your way around the world in EPCOT (skip the bar in England, you'll 'relax' there and never leave). Make sure you pick countries to have soft drinks in (like China, US, France, for example), or you'll dehydrate.

at Magic Kingdom, go very early in the morning, and ride Buzz Lightyear until the line is more than 20 minutes - you should be able to get 7-8 rides in (it's the greatest ride there).

Skip the Runaway train in adventureland, it sucks. Get a fastpass for Splash Mt, then head over to Pirates of Carribean and ride that, by the time you get done, you'll be ready to use your fast pass.

MGM is OK, just tower of terror and Rock and Rollercoaster are great, the rest is just so/so. Skip Animal Kingdom all together, it's just a zoo.

we might be there next week, so just look for the overtired guy with 3 kids.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #41
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

if Soarin' is still there, be sure to ride that.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #42
    mpanas

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I heard the new roller coaster at animal kingdom is pretty cool.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #43
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoSteppingAnts
    Then you're lucky! That place is SO expensive. I spent well over $1000, and I was there for four days.
    I bought some picture frames, they have really beautiful picture frames at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Other than that, $$$ went for park admission and food, which you don't have to pay for.
    all in $6 hotdogs.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #44
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake
    if you're old enough to drink, drink your way around the world in EPCOT (skip the bar in England, you'll 'relax' there and never leave). Make sure you pick countries to have soft drinks in (like China, US, France, for example), or you'll dehydrate.

at Magic Kingdom, go very early in the morning, and ride Buzz Lightyear until the line is more than 20 minutes - you should be able to get 7-8 rides in (it's the greatest ride there).

Skip the Runaway train in adventureland, it sucks. Get a fastpass for Splash Mt, then head over to Pirates of Carribean and ride that, by the time you get done, you'll be ready to use your fast pass.

MGM is OK, just tower of terror and Rock and Rollercoaster are great, the rest is just so/so. Skip Animal Kingdom all together, it's just a zoo.

Animal Kingdom is so much better now! Expedition Everest made that park go from "just okay" to "sweet". I'll try to sum the ride up in a sentence: you board a train in a small village at the base of Mt. Everest and travel up the mountain until you run into a dead-end and get shot backwards through the mountain, hear something roar in the distance, go down the mountain and back into the mountain until you are face to face with the 20-foot giant we know as the yeti. One of the best rides I've ever been on. Everybody that goes to Disney World has to experience this at least once. It's amazing.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #45
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

my best advice, is to do 1 park a day. Don't go to Animal Kingdom, thinking you'll be at Magic Kingdom for fireworks at night. Hit each park once..then Magic Kingdom again if you can.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #46
    JimiThang1
    hi there

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoSteppingAnts
    Hit the Tapestry of Nations at Epcot.
    Too bad they don't have that anymore...
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #47
    JimiThang1
    hi there

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Animal Kingdom is so much better now! Expedition Everest made that park go from "just okay" to "sweet". I'll try to sum the ride up in a sentence: you board a train in a small village at the base of Mt. Everest and travel up the mountain until you run into a dead-end and get shot backwards through the mountain, hear something roar in the distance, go down the mountain and back into the mountain until you are face to face with the 20-foot giant we know as the yeti. One of the best rides I've ever been on. Everybody that goes to Disney World has to experience this at least once. It's amazing.
    While a good roller coaster and great preshow queue I was quite disappointed by the ride. The theming of the ride is just non-existent once you get on it.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #48
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

and yes, Soarin' rocks.

also like The new living seas.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #49
    JimiThang1
    hi there

My Tour Central Stats

Also ride the Great Movie Ride at MGM...that's where I used to work. So if you like movies and want to waste 22 minutes of your life, take it for a spin.
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #50
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimiThang1
    While a good roller coaster and great preshow queue I was quite disappointed by the ride. The theming of the ride is just non-existent once you get on it.
    I thought that Disney did a really good job making it seem like we were traveling through a mountain (besides the backwards part, I could see light coming through the mountain) and the yeti was amazing. Were you not impressed with the yeti AA? Just wondering
    Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #51
    JimiThang1
    hi there

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I thought that Disney did a really good job making it seem like we were traveling through a mountain (besides the backwards part, I could see light coming through the mountain) and the yeti was amazing. Were you not impressed with the yeti AA? Just wondering
    It was alright...it just goes by too fast and you can't soak in the detail. They have better AA though. The new Jack Sparrow already blows the Yeti away.
    Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #52
    hockeyman14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish
    Mission Space
    R n R Coaster
    Expedition Everest
    Big Thunder
    Space Mtn
    Splash Mtn
    Test Track
    Tower of Terror

All great thrill rides. I have been too many times to count in my days. Enjoy. Also people watch it is fun...really.
    Definatly Agree 100%
    hockeyman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #53
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It was alright...it just goes by too fast and you can't soak in the detail. They have better AA though. The new Jack Sparrow already blows the Yeti away.
    Yeah, the yeti does past by really fast. In an interview they said that they made it pass by so quickly as a reason to re-ride it over and over again. As for Pirates, I've only seen a video of the ride but it looks amazing. I can't wait to go down there next spring and see it in person.
    Old 07-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #54
    robbins876

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Disneyland isn't quite the same as Disneyworld I don't imagine, but I'm pumped to go anyway. July 20!! YEAH!! I'm most excited for 10 solid days off work. Yay for my mom!
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    robbins876 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #55
    LovingWings4DMB
    Crazy-Easy? Please?

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I have been to Disney World more times than I can count. I was just there in November and will be there again in August. Anything you want to know ask away...the best rides...what is worth the fast pass and what isnt...tricks and such...
    Old 07-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #56
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    See, here's the problem. I am 22. I would like to drink there, but my boyfriend's mother, being the sneaky bitch... I mean... lovely lady... that she is made my pass be for a 16 year old because its cheaper. That's why I asked if they ask for your real ID or your park ID.

Quote:
    We aren't leaving until the 22nd. It's gonna be so damn hot then...
    secretlysmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #57
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LovingWings4DMB
    I have been to Disney World more times than I can count. I was just there in November and will be there again in August. Anything you want to know ask away...the best rides...what is worth the fast pass and what isnt...tricks and such...
    Okay, I have a fast pass question.

My boyfriend's Mom said I could get one because I'm visually impared and extremely sensitive to the sun. So is it just disabled people that can get them, or can anyone? And if anyone can get them, why did she tell me to tell the park that there are 6 people in my party?

So what are they exactly? And should I feel guilty if I do get one?
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #58
    JimiThang1
    hi there

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    See, here's the problem. I am 22. I would like to drink there, but my boyfriend's mother, being the sneaky bitch... I mean... lovely lady... that she is made my pass be for a 16 year old because its cheaper. That's why I asked if they ask for your real ID or your park ID.

We aren't leaving until the 22nd. It's gonna be so damn hot then...
    They ask for your real ID...your park pass media will probably just be on your resort room key.
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #59
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They ask for your real ID...your park pass media will probably just be on your resort room key.
    Good to know, Thank you.
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #60
    JimiThang1
    hi there

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Okay, I have a fast pass question.

My boyfriend's Mom said I could get one because I'm visually impared and extremely sensitive to the sun. So is it just disabled people that can get them, or can anyone? And if anyone can get them, why did she tell me to tell the park that there are 6 people in my party?

So what are they exactly? And should I feel guilty if I do get one?
    Well what you are talking about isn't a "fastpass" but a Guest Assistance Pass. If you do think you need one, stop by your resort guest services or the park guest services on your way in to see about getting one. Depending on what your situation is they will make your pass to meet your requirements. Now this pass may or may not get you to the front of the line for every single attraction though you probably can bypass the line on some. Most of Disney's waiting lines are inside so you can just join the regular line like everyone else. I know the attraction I worked at, people sensitive to the sun like yourself, would just join the regular line because we never had a line outside. Though if we did on a rare occasion, if we did have a special needs guest they just waited in the inside until their party caught up with you. Also, I doubt you will be able to get one to where your whole party will be able to bypass the line since you have such a large group, it just depends. Hopefully that answers some of your questions.