I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please - Page 278 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Live Releases
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #8311
WhereYouGoin

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Any idea how I can obtain that digital release of the Charlotte NC show from 7/24/18?
WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #8312
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    Some of that material was re-recorded for Busted Stuff. There’s also a Batson song or two remade for Come Tomorrow.

They went back to record BS after Everyday in part because of the leak and fan reaction to it.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2021, 10:41 PM   #8313
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Winter 2000
    Summer 1999
    Summer 1998
    June 2006
    Australia 2005
    Dave and Tim 2017
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 04:06 AM   #8314
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    Winter 2000
    Summer 1999
    Summer 1998
    June 2006
    Australia 2005
    Dave and Tim 2017
    Yep, yep, yep, yep, No interest, yep!

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-27-2021 at 04:07 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:19 AM   #8315
    BrettG19DMBFan

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Winter 2000
    Summer 1999
    Summer 1998
    June 2006
    Australia 2005
    Dave and Tim 2017
    Darien would be cool. Joy Ride's return. The second Break Free, and Matisyahu guesting on a very fun version of Everyday.

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSe...=87&where=2006
    BrettG19DMBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #8316
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I would love that '06 show. A '06 Kill The King!
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:40 AM   #8317
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

would much rather have australia 2005 than june 2006
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #8318
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    would much rather have australia 2005 than june 2006
    I dunno, both nights at Deer Creek that year were nice.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #8319
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Winter 2000
    Summer 1999
    Summer 1998
    June 2006
    Australia 2005
    Dave and Tim 2017

I would pay for a live trax annual subscription service if this was the trajectory for the next 2 years.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #8320
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

While not having any of the new songs in it, the 2006 tour opener that was a DMB Drive In show was a really great show. Would be down for some more 2006.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #8321
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    While not having any of the new songs in it, the 2006 tour opener that was a DMB Drive In show was a really great show. Would be down for some more 2006.
    That show you speak of was released as an LT in 2013.
    Agreed 2006 (and also 2005) are overdue.
    2008, 2009, 2010 could also see one each.
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #8322
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That show you speak of was released as an LT in 2013.
    Agreed 2006 (and also 2005) are overdue.
    2008, 2009, 2010 could also see one each.
    Always a good idea to just refer to Live Trax by their number (LT25 in this case).

The only person who cares when specific shows were released is whoever is running DMB social media, apparently.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #8323
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Always a good idea to just refer to Live Trax by their number (LT25 in this case).

The only person who cares when specific shows were released is whoever is running DMB social media, apparently.
    How dare you tell me how to refer to live trax.
    You’re not the boss of me.
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:42 AM   #8324
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not demanding a release or anything, but if they were to dip into 2010 again, the Europe 2010 tour is an easy one to overlook but I think is more interesting than it appears on paper/almanac. There are some solid sets, nothing "wow'ing", but the performances were really good and they explored a lot of different things/played around with the Big Whiskey songs (And some others) more than they did in the United States the following summer.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #8325
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You should probably report him

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 08:58 AM   #8326
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not telling you what to do, it just helps save some detective work trying to figure out which show you're referring to.

Also I think the weekly social media posts saying "on this day in this year the band released this random show" are hilariously out of touch and I saw an opportunity to make fun of them.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #8327
    Alexis17

My Tour Central Stats

My top tour priority for the next Live Trax is Summer 1998 - zero released shows, I think only one Warehouse track even (Say Bye tour debut from Hartford). Here is my top 5 wants from this tour. For the sake of variety, I'm only listing one show each from the guested shows.

Honorable Mention:
    a. August 9, 1998 - Noblesville - a Sunday night old school banger. Last true classic performance of #36.

5. August 13, 1998 - Dallas. The Cricket Show. While this show might not the best performed, it is certainly unique and is a fun listen. Everyone is annoyed by the crickets. Dave talks about them many times. Carter walks off stage near the end of Jimi because of them. Dave and the rest of the group do an impromptu full band debut of Spoon without Carter. After this Carter returns, and they turn on all of the house lights for the rest of the show to draw the crickets away from the stage lights. Dave tells a story about this show during the 2003 Dave & Tim tour opener.

4. July 24, 1998 - Camden. Greg Howard guested on a few shows the kick off the tour. While the tour opener at VA the band feels a little tired on tape, the two in Camden are anything but. Seek Up > Rapunzel, 41, Last Stop, Seek Up is about impossible to beat as an opening 5 songs. That's before Greg comes out on Tree, DDTW, and OSW. This tour segment has a few blown out Bridges, and the set ending Recently > Bridge > Too Much and the encore of Typical > Greg solo > Tower ends the show as strongly as started. Tough call between this and the next night, the best solution is Encore Trax from 7/25 with Two Step, Lover, Nancies, Wynona (w/ Greg) and they might as well give us the night 2 Tree as well.

3. August 4, 1998 - Burgettstown. This is a scorcher! They played at Star Lake at the end of the Spring tour (the only show to have 9 BTCS songs played), then came back two months later on the Summer tour. This is one of those shows when you're listening that every song feels like the right song to play next starting with the Seek Up opener. Say Goodbye is starting to become of the set pieces of each night's show. The encore blows up in length due to Stefan meandering his Tower solo into a 10+ minute long Stir It Up jam.

2. August 7, 1998 - Antioch. Easily the most unique Bela Fleck guested show. He wasn't part of the opening band, just guesting because they were in the greater Nashville area. Fleck guests on seven songs - a few of his staple from the era: Graves, DDTW and Billies, but also a handful of unique ones - Crush, Pay For What You Get & the lone encore Say Goodbye (only time for each), and The Stone (only twice - Philly '99 being the other).

1. August 23, 1998 - Bristow. Lots of competition for this tour's guest show spot, especially from other Headhunter shows. Tim guests 8/18, 8/20 and 8/21, the 8/20 tape is incomplete (fading in the Seek Up opener). This show drips energy from the walls. Bill Summers guests on percussion most of the set and it's unique to listen to that much added percussion. When shows can wind down around 2/3 mark in the setlist, that's when they drop in Say Bye and Last Stop - both sound great with Summers. Give me an Encore Trax disc with Seek Up > Rapunzel, The Stone, Graves, and the Pig, Stir It Up > Tower encore from night 1 and it's a show that 55 Live Traxes later that might break the top 5.
    Alexis17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #8328
    magnumdan
    slow but speeding

Shows Seen: 180

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrettG19DMBFan View Post
    Darien would be cool. Joy Ride's return. The second Break Free, and Matisyahu guesting on a very fun version of Everyday.

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSe...=87&where=2006
    A highly underrated show!
    firedncr4136 #40
    magnumdan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:20 AM   #8329
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexis17 View Post
    My top tour priority for the next Live Trax is Summer 1998 - zero released shows, I think only one Warehouse track even (Say Bye tour debut from Hartford). Here is my top 5 wants from this tour. For the sake of variety, I'm only listing one show each from the guested shows.

Honorable Mention:
    a. August 9, 1998 - Noblesville - a Sunday night old school banger. Last true classic performance of #36.

5. August 13, 1998 - Dallas. The Cricket Show. While this show might not the best performed, it is certainly unique and is a fun listen. Everyone is annoyed by the crickets. Dave talks about them many times. Carter walks off stage near the end of Jimi because of them. Dave and the rest of the group do an impromptu full band debut of Spoon without Carter. After this Carter returns, and they turn on all of the house lights for the rest of the show to draw the crickets away from the stage lights. Dave tells a story about this show during the 2003 Dave & Tim tour opener.

4. July 24, 1998 - Camden. Greg Howard guested on a few shows the kick off the tour. While the tour opener at VA the band feels a little tired on tape, the two in Camden are anything but. Seek Up > Rapunzel, 41, Last Stop, Seek Up is about impossible to beat as an opening 5 songs. That's before Greg comes out on Tree, DDTW, and OSW. This tour segment has a few blown out Bridges, and the set ending Recently > Bridge > Too Much and the encore of Typical > Greg solo > Tower ends the show as strongly as started. Tough call between this and the next night, the best solution is Encore Trax from 7/25 with Two Step, Lover, Nancies, Wynona (w/ Greg) and they might as well give us the night 2 Tree as well.

3. August 4, 1998 - Burgettstown. This is a scorcher! They played at Star Lake at the end of the Spring tour (the only show to have 9 BTCS songs played), then came back two months later on the Summer tour. This is one of those shows when you're listening that every song feels like the right song to play next starting with the Seek Up opener. Say Goodbye is starting to become of the set pieces of each night's show. The encore blows up in length due to Stefan meandering his Tower solo into a 10+ minute long Stir It Up jam.

2. August 7, 1998 - Antioch. Easily the most unique Bela Fleck guested show. He wasn't part of the opening band, just guesting because they were in the greater Nashville area. Fleck guests on seven songs - a few of his staple from the era: Graves, DDTW and Billies, but also a handful of unique ones - Crush, Pay For What You Get & the lone encore Say Goodbye (only time for each), and The Stone (only twice - Philly '99 being the other).

1. August 23, 1998 - Bristow. Lots of competition for this tour's guest show spot, especially from other Headhunter shows. Tim guests 8/18, 8/20 and 8/21, the 8/20 tape is incomplete (fading in the Seek Up opener). This show drips energy from the walls. Bill Summers guests on percussion most of the set and it's unique to listen to that much added percussion. When shows can wind down around 2/3 mark in the setlist, that's when they drop in Say Bye and Last Stop - both sound great with Summers. Give me an Encore Trax disc with Seek Up > Rapunzel, The Stone, Graves, and the Pig, Stir It Up > Tower encore from night 1 and it's a show that 55 Live Traxes later that might break the top 5.
    This was my first show and have listened to the tape multiple times to relive that night, but this is a prime example of you had to be there to really understand the uniqueness of it as it doesn't come across only as audio. If we do get a show from Dallas ever released in the LT series, I'd prefer one of the two 2000 shows with Bela.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #8330
    Alexis17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    This was my first show and have listened to the tape multiple times to relive that night, but this is a prime example of you had to be there to really understand the uniqueness of it as it doesn't come across only as audio. If we do get a show from Dallas ever released in the LT series, I'd prefer one of the two 2000 shows with Bela.
    I'd rather have this one, and one of the St. Louis 2000 Bela shows :-)
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:29 AM   #8331
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd rather have this one, and one of the St. Louis 2000 Bela shows :-)
    As this is my first ever show, of course I'd love for it to be released as a LT. I just don't think they can push the uniqueness of the night being under the house lights for an audio only release as a highlight. Even with a Warehouse opener, the flute solo before Say Bye, and of course the first Spoon, the crickets and the house lights are the true "highlights" of this show.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:39 AM   #8332
    Alexis17

My Tour Central Stats

And fun stage banter throughout. Not saying it’s better than Dallas 2000 of course. Saying it’s unique and fits my criteria for my list that is for Summer 98 in a vacuum.
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:44 AM   #8333
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And fun stage banter throughout. Not saying it’s better than Dallas 2000 of course. Saying it’s unique and fits my criteria for my list that is for Summer 98 in a vacuum.
    Now you're making me want to find my box of AUD recordings in the garage and find this to listen to.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #8334
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Another year that could be next please is 2002.
    Nothing from the spring.
    Only the Gorge box set from the summer (which directly preceded the first Live Trax)
    LT40 (NYC night 2) from holiday time - that was released just over four years ago.
    Old 01-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #8335
    MarkMilberg

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Honorable Mention:

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I read this thread to get suggestions for shows to listen to and short synopses of the merits of a show, like what you've done here, really helps.

I also hope we get a spring/summer 1998 show sooner or later. A Live Trax of one of the Headhunters shows from 1998 is one of my top 5 "wants".
    MarkMilberg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #8336
    MarkMilberg

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Another year that could be next please is 2002.
    Nothing from the spring.
    Only the Gorge box set from the summer (which directly preceded the first Live Trax)
    LT40 (NYC night 2) from holiday time - that was released just over four years ago.
    I wrote in the post above that a Live Trax of one of the Headhunters shows from 1998 is one of my top 5 "wants".

A spring/summer 2002 show is also one of my top 5 "wants". I love the 3-show Canadian run in the spring with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, but there are many shows from that era would I would buy the second they were announced.
    MarkMilberg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #8337
    Alexis17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkMilberg View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. I read this thread to get suggestions for shows to listen to and short synopses of the merits of a show, like what you've done here, really helps.

I also hope we get a spring/summer 1998 show sooner or later. A Live Trax of one of the Headhunters shows from 1998 is one of my top 5 "wants".
    You're welcome. One thing in life I'm good at is motivating people to listen to more shows than the handful of Live Traxes we all go back to. Listen like we used to when tapes were all we had. Hopefully that one skill gets me far in life!!
    Old 01-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #8338
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkMilberg View Post
    I wrote in the post above that a Live Trax of one of the Headhunters shows from 1998 is one of my top 5 "wants".

A spring/summer 2002 show is also one of my top 5 "wants". I love the 3-show Canadian run in the spring with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, but there are many shows from that era would I would buy the second they were announced.
    I wonder if that Hartford concert from July 2002 that was audio webcast would be a possibility. You’d think they’d still have those tapes.
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #8339
    Alexis17

My Tour Central Stats

They would use their own tapes, not what was streamed. One of the best audience tapes I’ve ever heard though.
    Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM   #8340
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

We haven’t had anything from 2009 in a while.
    We just have the Europe box and LT35 (another example of only releasing one night from a two night stand��. They did that with #35 AND #36)