Quick Hartford N1 review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > Just Got Back From The Show!
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quick Hartford N1 review

Review time...

JTR - I thought there was a good chance we would hear a a rarity tonight, but never expected this. JTR is one of my favorites....RAIINNN...Played it pretty well. My excitement level was already pretty high.
Seven - Sounded perfect in my opinion. I like the new album, and this is a song I don't mind hearing. Crowd really sung along here, felt like they were way louder then last year when they played whsikey songs.
Hello Again - I wasnt sure if this was really soundchecked or practiced like ppl said, so I had it in the back of my mind. Never heard it before but it sounded like they had never stopped playing it. Carter tore it up at the end.
Spaceman - def killed the atmosphere a bit but lets face it, first show of the tour, where not gonna get every song we want to hear. Still sounded good, don't mind hearing it.
PM>>>Satellite - I figured theyd jump into something a bit faster after spaceman but PM is nice, and I have never heard PM or Satellite after 6 shows so it was good to hear. Brought my energy level up again.
Funny - Figured i would hear it at some point last night. I don't really get the hate for it. Yea it's overplayed, but it gets the crowd involved and everyone seems to have fun when its being played.
Rye Whiskey - Heard it before, dave hits the high notes real nice, but just doesnt cut it for me. oo well I already heard 4 songs I'd havent heard before, I would of been happy no matter what they played for the rest of the night.
Shake me - my favorite whiskey song....really got the crowd back into it, sounds better and better every time I hear it.
Busted Stuff - actually was speechless when this came on, sounds like the rest of the crowd was too bc if you listen to the tapes there's not much applause haha. Sounded pretty good, but at this point im just thinking to myself if there busting this out on the first night of the tour think about how good the rest of the tour will be. Real excited about hearing songs I never thought i would hear.
Kit Kat Jam - probably my second favorite moment of the night...one of the first dmb songs I heard, never expected to hear it live...awesome.
41 - they needed a crowd pleaser, the non die hards were getting restless. Sounded perfect as always. Jeff tore it a new asshole.
Grey Street - standard, one of my favorite songs, never get sick of it. nice run there putting together.
You and Me - sort of a downer for me, I don't mind hearing it, actually I dont mind hearing any song. Just not exactly what I would prefer to hear, never the less, sounded real tight.
Dancing Nancies - probably the weirdest moment of the night for me, another one of my favorites. Dave not singing def threw the crowd off. It's a sing along song, yet I think its way better when Dave sings with us. It was cool watching the band play and keep time without dave singing.
Too Much>>>Ants - first off, I thought it was a fake, even tho they didnt play astb. Happy to get it back, I was just thinking how powerful of a song it was, and how it was just overplayed. Really thought that was the last song, of course Ants came, and the crowd went nuts. I think I can listen to Ants on repeat all day and never get sick of it. Perfection.
Break for It - Alright, my favorite moment of the night, I realized yesterday morning that I lost my copy, so I ripped the soundcheck off youtube and listened to it on the ride up. For some reason I just love this song, maybe bc the riff is catchy idk but I thought this song was dead. So happy and weirded out when they came out and played it since I had just thought of it in the morning. I might of been one of 20 people singing.
YMDT - Becoming another one of my favorites. The jam is awesome...really didnt think they were gonna end on it, thought tripping billies or watchtower was coming but still a great show.

Some other notes...Daves voice sounded great, almost perfect. I was able to tell they were a little rusty, but DMB rusty is still almost 20 times better then any band not rusty.
Love the fact that I can go 5 shows last year, yet, still hear 7 songs I've never heard live before at the first show of summer 2010.

Last edited by Cscottrun; 05-29-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Quick Hartford N1 review

OVerall, the show was fucking fantastic. Definitely a great opening show. They sounded a lot better than last year, a good mix of Coffin and Tim (as in smoother and softer) and Boyd was doing his thing. Dave was a lot more into it it appeared.

Side Note: they FINALLY learned how to play Shake Me live, it sounded awesome last night. I got 5 new songs, I was pumped.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
    dantillo24
    come and relax now

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

JTR was the perfect opener, Carter went nuts with Hello Again, Busted was a perfect groove right after Shake Me, #41 and Grey brought more energy than usually. I was very pleased with making the trip from Jersey to see this show plus saw 7 new songs. Cant wait for the rest of the tour!!
    Old 05-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

We need more applause for Busted Stuff!
    Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
    Robby~C

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    We need more applause for Busted Stuff!
    Robby~C is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robby~C View Post

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
    shaggo91

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

hands down this was one of my favorite shows. the best way to describe the setlist is unpredictable. they played so many songs (jtr,kit kat jam, busted stuff) that i would have never guessed they would play
    shaggo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
    PWall

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Insane show. The boys are back.

PWall is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
    alerhead

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

this felt like a show from back in the earlier days. Hearing the oldies were fun and the new songs are great for the energy. Im hoping that these bust outs dont become regulars to soon and they mix in a lot more songs this summer.
    alerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
    wy0453

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!
    wy0453 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
    lillywhiteraven
    Take These Chances

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post

lillywhiteraven is offline   Reply With Quote