New Album Coming Soon? - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #91
BMus1
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 89

Shows Seen: 8

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpuonpko View Post
yes, in April 2004 there is confirmation the band recorded at Haunted Hollow. sugar will was recorded, as was half of stand up. they also re-recorded OSW, Recently and TSTJL
Source on this?
BMus1 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #92
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 30,445

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrAzYEasyDMB04 View Post
    Carter farted on the 1... thats how i know this is dreaming tree in Em... you guys are all children... grow up. Its clearly a variation of something they had been working on.
    __________________
    Episode 39: 2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour - The Finale: Apple Spotify
    Episode 36: Béla Fleck Interview: Apple Spotify
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #93
    JessEKat
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 3

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I sure hope so🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼💜💜💜
    JessEKat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-29-2020, 08:47 PM   #94
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 265

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    There was some word in late 2016 that a Some Devil followup (meaning another solo album) was about to be in the works - I know there was an interview with Brady from that group indicating talk of working with Dave again. I wonder if we’ll get that group again on either end of this (before or after).
    I can bet no matter what that we’ll get a new DMB album/tour & on either end of it a new album/tour with the Some Devil people. Nobody’s getting any younger.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #95
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,366

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I remember telling my wife about how Jerry had JGB as well as being in the Dead and his other projects. We had hoped that Dave might do the same, not wanting the band to end but wanting Dave to do whatever he needed to feel inspired AND keep DMB going.

    I really wished he'd done this, as there's just a stupid amount of material that he's shelved and a lot of it excellent...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #96
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 265

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    I remember telling my wife about how Jerry had JGB as well as being in the Dead and his other projects. We had hoped that Dave might do the same, not wanting the band to end but wanting Dave to do whatever he needed to feel inspired AND keep DMB going.

    I really wished he'd done this, as there's just a stupid amount of material that he's shelved and a lot of it excellent...
    I bet this time right now has given him the chance to decide what he wants to do with material (new solo album - been 17 years, stuff for the band, etc).
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #97
    Whiteyxc514
     
    Whiteyxc514's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Posts: 4,107

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Remember The Nauts?

    It feels like there have been so many opportunities and rumors for new and different Dave music, but few of them have come to fruition.

    Excited to hear he and Carter are jamming though, whatever comes from it.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2020, 11:48 AM   #98
    DMBvol41
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Location: Knoxville, TN
    Posts: 1,371

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I think this is what you were referring to: https://youtu.be/ipEqAdPPUSE?t=617
    Man that sounds so freaking good
    __________________
    "And up there behind Carter, making sense out of chaos all over the universe, dividing and conquering everything he can.... is Futureman" - Dave 9.13.00
    DMBvol41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #99
    MTackett
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 30

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    More sax?!? No thank you. I’d prefer more..... cow bell. More sax... smfh.
    MTackett is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #100
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 319

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    I'm sure he is more than capable of writing 6-8 more songs that are good.





    I'm hoping that this time off leads to a more sax centric sound.

    If that was the case come tomorrow and away from the world would have made larger waves in the fanbase and in the live shows. The majority of modern Dave Matthews written songs don't have the lasting appear that were written all the way through busted stuff.



    She, Come Tomorrow, That Girl is you, Do You remember, are examples of the subpar songwriting that occurs when Dave tried to bust out a bunch of new material. These are bathroom break songs at a live show.
    __________________
    2018: Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC N2, Farm Aid
    https://twitter.com/concertvids34
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #101
    kenticus
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Posts: 394

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Been a while since Dave and carter have gotten in a room and written together yeah? Prolly since big whiskey?

    Away from the world: Dave wrote all himself basically
    Come tomorrow: lot of odds and ends and stuff they quickly recorded

    Cool if him and carter are woodshedding some stuff just the two of them....will be curious to see what if anything comes of it!
    kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #102
    Tomacco
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: Toronto
    Posts: 471

    Shows Seen: 118

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    Been a while since Dave and carter have gotten in a room and written together yeah? Prolly since big whiskey?

    Away from the world: Dave wrote all himself basically
    Come tomorrow: lot of odds and ends and stuff they quickly recorded

    Cool if him and carter are woodshedding some stuff just the two of them....will be curious to see what if anything comes of it!
    I seem to remember Dave saying that he and Carter got together and supposedly wrote a bunch of music together leading up to Come Tomorrow. Not sure what happened to that stuff.
    __________________
    Without hatred, where's the light?
    Without the darkness, where's the love?
    I see it now.
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #103
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Posts: 3,438

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    Remember The Nauts?
    Was that the one with Jakob Dylan?
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #104
    TheStone91
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Posts: 5,537

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    Was that the one with Jakob Dylan?

    Yup. I’m really curious to hear what they worked on...
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #105
    whiskers11
     
    Join Date: Jun 2015
    Posts: 76

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    DMBAlmanac has tonight's Sirius By Request venue listed as Haunted Hollow. They did note that this is not confirmed, but looking at pictures of the studio on their website compared to the two videos posted by Sirius it certainly looks like it could be the case.
    whiskers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #106
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 34,620

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whiskers11 View Post
    DMBAlmanac has tonight's Sirius By Request venue listed as Haunted Hollow. They did note that this is not confirmed, but looking at pictures of the studio on their website compared to the two videos posted by Sirius it certainly looks like it could be the case.

    It would be amazing if this was at Haunted Hollow with someone in addition to Dave, named Carter
    __________________
    Climb gave me asthma

    Die hard Bucs fan 3/17/2020
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #107
    whiskers11
     
    Join Date: Jun 2015
    Posts: 76

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    It would be amazing if this was at Haunted Hollow with someone in addition to Dave, named Carter
    Don't get my hopes up. Ari already tweeted that DMB fans are in for an amazing treat tonight.
    whiskers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-02-2020, 03:02 PM   #108
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,718

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Would be cool to get Carter. Maybe another new song, surprise announcement, or rare bust out?

    Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

    Last edited by dontdrink36; 10-02-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #109
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,366

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    There's two videos again for this show available:
    - LIOG
    - OSW
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-03-2020, 12:42 AM   #110
    twostep665
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Atlanta, GA
    Posts: 669

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Surprised Dave didn't make Sirius XM play DYR 4th in the set
    __________________
    Never half-ass two things... Whole-ass one thing.
    twostep665 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2020, 11:09 PM   #111
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 265

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Anyone know of sessions of unreleased material that have happened but not leaked.
    Wonder when we’ll get Cavallo (Big Whiskey, Come Tomorrow) or Harris (Dave’s solo album Some Devil)
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2020, 11:33 PM   #112
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,706

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    Anyone know of sessions of unreleased material that have happened but not leaked.
    Wonder when we’ll get Cavallo (Big Whiskey, Come Tomorrow) or Harris (Dave’s solo album Some Devil)
    There are tons of "jams" from the Big Whiskey sessions that exist but have not leaked (and I doubt they will).

    I seem to recall reading (but not sure where), that there weren't many (or possibly any) left over CT songs.

    There are also some improv/jams leftover from the AFTW sessions.

    It's also likely that we do not know about a good portion of the studio sessions, so it's safe to assume there's tons of recorded stuff we do not know about and that may or may not be released in the future.
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 07:26 AM   #113
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,470

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    There are tons of "jams" from the Big Whiskey sessions that exist but have not leaked (and I doubt they will).

    I seem to recall reading (but not sure where), that there weren't many (or possibly any) left over CT songs.

    There are also some improv/jams leftover from the AFTW sessions.

    It's also likely that we do not know about a good portion of the studio sessions, so it's safe to assume there's tons of recorded stuff we do not know about and that may or may not be released in the future.
    What about the clip of Batson saying “we’ve recorded so much music, we could release another album next week”.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #114
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,706

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    What about the clip of Batson saying “we’ve recorded so much music, we could release another album next week”.
    Good point. I had assumed that he was referring all the way back to the Batson Sessions, but you may be right.
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #115
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 265

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    There are tons of "jams" from the Big Whiskey sessions that exist but have not leaked (and I doubt they will).

    I seem to recall reading (but not sure where), that there weren't many (or possibly any) left over CT songs.

    There are also some improv/jams leftover from the AFTW sessions.

    It's also likely that we do not know about a good portion of the studio sessions, so it's safe to assume there's tons of recorded stuff we do not know about and that may or may not be released in the future.
    There are a couple CT songs originally done in those leaked 2006 sessions. Did they work with Batson at all in 2007? Maybe someday Batson 2007 sessions or Cavallo 2014-15 will leak.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #116
    Dodo36
     
    Dodo36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 507

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    What about the clip of Batson saying “we’ve recorded so much music, we could release another album next week”.
    I took that to be hyperbole, a vague hype statement. 'Recorded so much music' doesn't necessarily equate 'Finished so much music.'
    __________________
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...06#post9604706

    Into Prince? Check out my blog on Prince's full discography, including the side projects.
    https://Listen2Prince.blogspot.com
    Dodo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #117
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,706

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    There are a couple CT songs originally done in those leaked 2006 sessions. Did they work with Batson at all in 2007? Maybe someday Batson 2007 sessions or Cavallo 2014-15 will leak.
    The last Batson studio session (pre Come Tomorrow) was in January of 2007: https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4102
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #118
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,470

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dodo36 View Post
    I took that to be hyperbole, a vague hype statement. 'Recorded so much music' doesn't necessarily equate 'Finished so much music.'
    Yeah certainly could be meant like that, and likely it’s the case at large with most of their studio sessions. 06 Batson sessions for example. But I’m sure there’s left over material from Come Tomorrow, some finished songs that were left off, and likely even more unfinished.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 PM   #119
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,366

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    Yeah certainly could be meant like that, and likely it’s the case at large with most of their studio sessions. 06 Batson sessions for example. But I’m sure there’s left over material from Come Tomorrow, some finished songs that were left off, and likely even more unfinished.
    Yeah, we heard about them recording Bismarck and other tunes, knew they scrubbed parts (and even songs) due to Boyd's departure, we know they did sessions with Cavallo (even during the BW sessions) that weren't released, AND there's the entirety of the Batson Sessions (any bit of which might have been finished as they were putting CT together).

    It's safe to assume that there are a significant number of finished tunes, at least an album's worth that could be/have been released at any moment.

    That said, I KNOW NOTHING, but I'm full of hope for more music. And that can be previously unreleased, never played live, or studio versions of live rarities, along with completely NEW music.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-14-2020, 07:44 AM   #120
    cmyers2
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 390

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Definitely lots of material left over from the combined CT/old Batson sessions... Bismarck, Death on the High Seas, Be Yourself, Plastic Girl maybe although I hope we never hear it again, plus they supposedly worked on Shotgun, Sugar Will, Crazy Easy, #40, Sweet Up and Down, Break Free, Break for It, Blackjack, etc. on and off during those various sessions. I wouldn't mind an album of completely new material, or a few old ones mixed in with all new. Either way I still hope all of those unreleased and completed songs see the light of day eventually, including some of the tunes from leaked Batson sessions. Hope one day the band just opens the vaults and does a huge B-sides release.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Yeah, we heard about them recording Bismarck and other tunes, knew they scrubbed parts (and even songs) due to Boyd's departure, we know they did sessions with Cavallo (even during the BW sessions) that weren't released, AND there's the entirety of the Batson Sessions (any bit of which might have been finished as they were putting CT together).

    It's safe to assume that there are a significant number of finished tunes, at least an album's worth that could be/have been released at any moment.

    That said, I KNOW NOTHING, but I'm full of hope for more music. And that can be previously unreleased, never played live, or studio versions of live rarities, along with completely NEW music.
    cmyers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter