*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 8576 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #257251
drakan
Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
That’s pretty much it.

Shit was bad and dark in March. 500k cases per day dark.
I don't think we had 500k cases in one day. Maybe 50k? We have less than 3 million cases now.
drakan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #257252
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Florida coronavirus cases surge 46% over the last week — but Gov. DeSantis says he won’t delay state’s reopening plans
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/b87d...rus-cases.html
    What is the testing surge % though?

I think that's kinda muskie point also. And one I happen to agree with... there's no context to this. Cases may show 'up 46%' but how much of that is data dumps? Did it coincide with a significant testing increase?
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #257253
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just can't get over this couple. Is this what responsible gun owners look like in 2020? Well regulated-militia, is that what we are going with?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...tim-protesters
    This article lost me at "personal injury lawyer." I'm betting about 98% of what he's saying is horseshit.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #257254
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That’s pretty much it.

500k cases per day? What?
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #257255
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think we had 500k cases in one day. Maybe 50k? We have less than 3 million cases now.
    Pick a fatality rate you like and divide peak deaths by that number. That’s how many cases we had back then.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #257256
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That’s pretty much it.

The dude that screeees about data posts some bullshit data.

Big shocker.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #257257
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post

I think that's kinda muskie point also. And one I happen to agree with... there's no context to this. Cases may show 'up 46%' but how much of that is data dumps? Did it coincide with a significant testing increase?
    I don't think people really get the math. If you just getting results from old cases that means people have been unknowingly spreading the virus for days maybe even a few weeks. Very bad with the math behind how the virus spreads.

I am not a math major but doesn't the virus not so much compound(like your retirement portfolio) as grows geometrically? Any math majors here?
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #257258
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pick a fatality rate you like and divide peak deaths by that number. That’s how many cases we had back then.
    Well you do seem to be the expert on bullshit data. Maybe you're onto something.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #257259
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok but you should tell us that. Like what is your fatality rate?
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #257260
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think people really get the math. If you just getting results from old cases that means people have been unknowingly spreading the virus for days maybe even a few weeks. Very bad with the math behind how the virus spreads.

I am not a math major but doesn't the virus not so much compound(like your retirement portfolio) as grows geometrically? Any math majors here?
    No, it's the opposite. Covid spreads exponentially, which is the type of growth of compound interest...not linearly.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #257261
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

The general consensus is that the fatality rate is somewhere around 1%. When you multiply the 130,000 deaths by 100, you get 13 million cases, which averages *checks calculator* at most 108k cases per day.

Even if you apply that logic to just April based on the deaths that month alone, it would be 200k cases per day.

Last edited by Dannyyankou; 07-01-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #257262
    BTBaboon

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This is the context though, which flies in the face of the point muskie was trying to make:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    Florida's positive % was over 16% yesterday. But let's pretend "actual cases are way down"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    500k cases per day? What?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    The dude that screeees about data posts some bullshit data.

Big shocker.
    Yeah...yikes. So he's saying in March alone we had over 4% of the US population infected? 15M cases in March?

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #257263
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok but you should tell us that. Like what is your fatality rate?
    CDC says .4. Levitt says .5.

A lot of people think .26 because of how they interpret what the CDC is saying.

Should be expressed a a range because we don’t know.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #257264
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Florida coronavirus cases surge 46% over the last week — but Gov. DeSantis says he won’t delay state’s reopening plans
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/b87d...rus-cases.html

I will say Universal has been open for a few weeks and so far so good. BUT they enforce mask and social distancing there
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #257265
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The general consensus is that the fatality rate is somewhere around 1%. When you multiply the 130,000 deaths by 100, you get 13 million cases, which averages *checks calculator* at most 108k cases per day.
    You’ve got to plot the peak on the curve.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #257266
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You’ve got to plot the peak on the curve.
    So there were around 60k deaths in April, which was the peak month of deaths so far. Did the same math and got 200k cases/day.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #257267
    Bostonsux013
    VICTORY!

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I think often in here we talk about Trump supporters drinking the Kool Aid and never addressing any of the critics with an actual defense of our President. We sit here and wonder why this happens and how someone could be so resistant to hearing out the facts and changing their stance on something.

It may be a naïve opinion of mine but I think this phenomena boils down to human nature. I think there is a sizable percentage of people who are intellectually incapable of admitting they were wrong. I think their common sense tells them they are wrong but they can't give into the other side. It only infuriates them more when the dissenters bring up facts to back up their claims. It boils down to 'well yeah, you're right but I can't stand that you're right and it only makes me hate you more'. Except they will never admit they were wrong. They just know deep down that they are. And that's why its not even worth trying to get them to see the light. You may think you're doing them a favor but you're only driving them to harbor a deeper hatred of people and their 'facts'.
    Bostonsux013 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #257268
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bostonsux013 View Post
    I think often in here we talk about Trump supporters drinking the Kool Aid and never addressing any of the critics with an actual defense of our President. We sit here and wonder why this happens and how someone could be so resistant to hearing out the facts and changing their stance on something.

It may be a naïve opinion of mine but I think this phenomena boils down to human nature. I think there is a sizable percentage of people who are intellectually incapable of admitting they were wrong. I think their common sense tells them they are wrong but they can't give into the other side. It only infuriates them more when the dissenters bring up facts to back up their claims. It boils down to 'well yeah, you're right but I can't stand that you're right and it only makes me hate you more'. Except they will never admit they were wrong. They just know deep down that they are. And that's why its not even worth trying to get them to see the light. You may think you're doing them a favor but you're only driving them to harbor a deeper hatred of people and their 'facts'.
    Yeah this is a good post. Like that golf cart retiree in Florida was so mad that people were criticizing Trump and saying BLM that he short-circuited the best he could come up with was "white power."

At least we hope he short-circuited.

And this also explains why they hate experts, studies and college professors. Bashing college campuses is a cottage industry at Fox.

Last edited by drakan; 07-01-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #257269
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Best brain

Trump claims he wasn't briefed since "intelligence never found it to be of the - of that level - where it would rise to that." He says, "This didn't rise to the occasion." He adds, "The intelligence people - many of them - didn't believe it happened at all. I think it's a hoax."

Trump claimed to Fox Business just now that "I think we're gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.

Last edited by TheLastPig; 07-01-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #257270
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

So the liberal media is just fear-mongering, yet muskie was glad he had guns to protect his family from TP hoarders, and, by his own account, the U.S. had 500k cases per day in March.

Just amazing.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #257271
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So there were around 60k deaths in April, which was the peak month of deaths so far. Did the same math and got 200k cases/day.
    Peak death was around a rolling average of 2000 per day.

You’re looking at 750k cases per day using at .26 or 500k at .4.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #257272
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bostonsux013 View Post

I'm gonna de-sugarcoat this.

There are a fuck load of stupid people who lack empathy in the world, especially this country.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #257273
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Best brain

Trump claims he wasn't briefed since "intelligence never found it to be of the - of that level - where it would rise to that." He says, "This didn't rise to the occasion." He adds, "The intelligence people - many of them - didn't believe it happened at all. I think it's a hoax."

Trump claimed to Fox Business just now that "I think we're gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope."
    But he reads!!!
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #257274
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    This is the context though, which flies in the face of the point muskie was trying to make:

Yeah...yikes. So he's saying in March alone we had over 4% of the US population infected? 15M cases in March?
    We would’ve had 150k deaths in late March/April alone.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #257275
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Math is definitely crude. I’m open to some other interpretations.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #257276
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So the liberal media is just fear-mongering, yet muskie was glad he had guns to protect his family from TP hoarders, and, by his own account, the U.S. had 500k cases per day in March.

Just amazing.
    Obama expanded gun ownership into parks. Trump actually banned bump stocks.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #257277
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Best brain

Fabric swatch president. Statue president. What more evidence do you need? This is too big of a problem for him. He basically admits it. He can't do the job.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #257278
    ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I’m not getting this argument. Is the virus infecting people or not? Someone please explain how saying, “well we’re testing so many more people” is supposed to be an argument for something. I’m not being a smart ass. I literally don’t understand what it’s supposed to prove. It’s like saying the only reason it’s hot or cold outside is because we have thermometers, isn’t it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
    7-2 is narrow now
    ThatLetter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #257279
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm gonna de-sugarcoat this.

There are a fuck load of stupid people who lack empathy in the world, especially this country.
    We can't get them to care during a pandemic so good luck getting them to care about healthcare(which they are trying to take away from Americans during a pandemic), climate change or gun safety laws.
    Old 07-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #257280
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Fabric swatch president. Statue president. What more evidence do you need? This is too big of a problem for him. He basically admits it. He can't do the job.
    Right, I think he just got tired of fighting the pandemic. Its work and not as sexy tweeting so he gave up. Also it was obviously too hard. The man is an idiot.