updating the home page - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #31
HonestDenver1
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 369

Shows Seen: 0

Re: updating the home page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
You managed to find out about all that stuff without reading it on the front page, no? So why does it need to be there? Just adjust your bookmark to take you to DMBc if it's bothering you.
Can I adjust something so I don't have to read your comments?
HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #32
    Bmwm3oz
     
    Bmwm3oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Posts: 8,290

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 View Post
    Can I adjust something so I don't have to read your comments?
    .
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #33
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,321

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    This website is embarrassingly run anymore.
    I want my money back.
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #34
    Bmwm3oz
     
    Bmwm3oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Posts: 8,290

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I want my money back.
    .

    On that topic, does anyone know how to donate to Jake? Iíve been on here for many years and never contributed a damn thing. Iím old now and can afford to give back a little. Thanks.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #35
    theGIG15
     
    theGIG15's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 112

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    You managed to find out about all that stuff without reading it on the front page, no? So why does it need to be there? Just adjust your bookmark to take you to DMBc if it's bothering you.
    To be fair, I always appreciated the ability to digest an entire piece of news from a post on the homepage without needing to backread an entire thread to aggregate disparate bits of info myself. It's the difference between collecting breadcrumbs (often colored by inflammatory user opinion) vs the whole loaf of bread. I dunno, I just think there's something to be said about accommodating more than one type of user experience.

    On another note, I'm someone who loves (and misses) the podcast. I like editorial work! And I know I'm not alone. There's a reason virtually every news publication out there has an Opinion section. I like to hear about this stuff from those select few who are both in the know, and who have a deep sense of the band's past to contextualize the news of present and future happenings.

    Just my two cents...
    theGIG15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2021, 12:41 AM   #36
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...
     
    SeekNancyUp's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Libertyville, IL
    Posts: 706

    Shows Seen: 63

    Re: updating the home page

    I'm surprised someone hasn't plotted the distribution of home page activity over time to find a pattern in the Boyd matrix.
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2021, 01:16 AM   #37
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 84,828

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theGIG15 View Post
    To be fair, I always appreciated the ability to digest an entire piece of news from a post on the homepage without needing to backread an entire thread to aggregate disparate bits of info myself. It's the difference between collecting breadcrumbs (often colored by inflammatory user opinion) vs the whole loaf of bread. I dunno, I just think there's something to be said about accommodating more than one type of user experience.
    I feel ya. I can't speak for Matt and Joe, but I'm guessing the front page drive by user just isn't someone they're interested in catering to anymore. I was that user for the first few years of the site, so again, I understand that POV. But again, that's just not the nature of message boards in 2021. See: Reddit.


    Quote:
    On another note, I'm someone who loves (and misses) the podcast. I like editorial work! And I know I'm not alone. There's a reason virtually every news publication out there has an Opinion section. I like to hear about this stuff from those select few who are both in the know, and who have a deep sense of the band's past to contextualize the news of present and future happenings.

    Just my two cents...
    I enjoy the podcast as well. I know both of those guys (Joe much moreso than Matt) and it's a fun listen. I imagine it will come back when shows do.
    __________________
    -Matthew

    Last edited by ExistenceNow; 04-10-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    ExistenceNow is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2021, 01:19 AM   #38
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 84,828

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: updating the home page

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    Been a relatively active member of this forum since 2004, and I don’t think I’ve ever read the home page. Maybe the first week I signed up.

    As I mentioned above, I used to when I was a new user/lurker. I'm on this site every day, but my bookmark takes me to the forums, not the home page, so I never see it unless it comes up in a thread like this.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    .

    On that topic, does anyone know how to donate to Jake? I’ve been on here for many years and never contributed a damn thing. I’m old now and can afford to give back a little. Thanks.
    I'm sure he has Venmo. If you want to donate to the site though, you can join Ants+.
    __________________
    -Matthew

    Last edited by ExistenceNow; 04-10-2021 at 01:29 AM.
    ExistenceNow is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2021, 01:25 AM   #39
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 84,828

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: updating the home page

    If you want to write an article for the home page, email it to Matt. matt@antsmarching.org.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram