2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 34 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #991
podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

I just want to point out that a month ago when I said this tour would get pushed back to 2022, people ran me out of here with pitchforks and torches. Now everyone thinks it’s for the best.

Also, I said variants and rising cases were going to be a problem, and you people told me I was “irresponsibly pessimistic. We have a vaccine.”
podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #992
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Yeah, logistically it's got to be easier to push the whole summer tour to 2022 and start new with Fall or Spring dates as a separate thing. This also gives them the flexibility to hold onto the money they have from the 2020/21 tour.
    TM also doesnt have the cash on hand to feed out all of those refunds across the industry. Shows will always just be bumped to new dates rather than outright cancelled.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:06 AM   #993
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I just want to point out that a month ago when I said this tour would get pushed back to 2022, people ran me out of here with pitchforks and torches. Now everyone thinks it’s for the best.

Also, I said variants and rising cases were going to be a problem, and you people told me I was “irresponsibly pessimistic. We have a vaccine.”

You got pushed back on because you went full doomsday spouting that we'd never have live music again and that we'd be wearing masks forever. Several of us were predicting that the whole tour would be pushed to next year.
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:11 AM   #994
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    You got pushed back on because you went full doomsday spouting that we'd never have live music again and that we'd be wearing masks forever. Several of us were predicting that the whole tour would be pushed to next year.
    Lol I admit I went a little dark there for awhile... sorry about that!

Although to be honest, we don’t know if I was wrong yet. 😁

Kidding of course. But I do believe the light at the end of the tunnel is a lot further away than we think. Too many unknowns with variants and vaccine efficacy.
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #995
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    TM also doesnt have the cash on hand to feed out all of those refunds across the industry. Shows will always just be bumped to new dates rather than outright cancelled.
    Yup. There is no way they could pay all that out. Im fine letting my DMB money sit for another year. I haven't missed it and don't need it. Plus I have guaranteed tickets to the Alpharetta show whenever it happens and like $300 sitting in credit to cover the costs of whatever other shows I add at, what I'm sure will be, higher prices than they were in 20
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #996
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Yup. There is no way they could pay all that out. Im fine letting my DMB money sit for another year. I haven't missed it and don't need it. Plus I have guaranteed tickets to the Alpharetta show whenever it happens and like $300 sitting in credit to cover the costs of whatever other shows I add at, what I'm sure will be, higher prices than they were in 20
    Yea ill let anything I have roll over for sure. Demand will be higher and possibly even prices. Nice to not have to think twice or stress about ticket buying next yr.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #997
    DMB24Illini

Shows Seen: 298

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    Long term fears are not just local and US, variants developing in third world countries where it has mutated and our vaccines become useless against newer strains. This is not an end this year or next but more like how can they stay on top of these to protect us from the one mutation tat potentially could happen where there is no safety net developed yet. Look at how fast it left China and got around the world.

Long term those who dont or wont get the vaccine do risk the chance to themselves and to those who have had it that a new mutation happens. I am hearing my local venue that i work at in the summer is hopefully going to get a show or two, but odds are and several have already canceled it is another lost year.
    Precisely. What's going on in Brazil is particularly troubling. They went from ~1000 deaths a week....to 3K last week and now 4K this week. They don't have as many vaccinations happening. So while we could slow down the spread here in the US, it doesn't really matter if other countries are so out of control that other, new, variants spread and keep this going on indefinitely.

297 shows, 31 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #998
    DMB24Illini

Shows Seen: 298

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Yea ill let anything I have roll over for sure. Demand will be higher and possibly even prices. Nice to not have to think twice or stress about ticket buying next yr.

I saw someone post on Facebook the other day that they had $600 wrapped up in DMB tickets and if the tour was postponed, they'd want their money back.

I thought "$600? That's cute." My tab is probably closer to $5-6K haha. Keep it. Sunk cost at this point. Just let me carry those tickets over to whenever a tour happens again.

I always wish I could just send the Warehouse a blank check and just tell them to fill it in at the end of the tour for whatever I owe them (based on whatever tickets I end up using after all the ticket nonsense that goes on).

297 shows, 31 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #999
    matt630

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I gotta quit clicking here.

My Tour Stats
    matt630 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:06 AM   #1000
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB24Illini View Post
    I saw someone post on Facebook the other day that they had $600 wrapped up in DMB tickets and if the tour was postponed, they'd want their money back.

I thought "$600? That's cute." My tab is probably closer to $5-6K haha. Keep it. Sunk cost at this point. Just let me carry those tickets over to whenever a tour happens again.
    Seriously?

Actually, I guess even Gorge weekend can eat up $1k -$2k easily even if you do it semi-frugally.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:07 AM   #1001
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Rage Against the Machine just postponed to 2022. I'm cool with it, as long as it's still on--they are one of the few bands i never got to see that i still want to see.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #1002
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Serious question. What do you guys think has to happen in order for these shows to go ahead in 2022? Aka the new 2021?
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #1003
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Serious question. What do you guys think has to happen in order for these shows to go ahead in 2022? Aka the new 2021?
    The "magic number" is hit.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #1004
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus

Shows Seen: 213

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

These are the scenarios I see being possible, in order of likelihood (translation: logistically simplest) and keeping in mind that the band is unlikely to play pod/distanced shows because there's no financial reason to.

- Entire summer tour pushed to 2022, fall tour in arenas (and warm-weather outdoor venues where possible) in hopes that restrictions will be fully lifted everywhere by then.
    - Entire summer tour pushed to 2022, new summer dates (including Gorge) scheduled sporadically for August onward where restrictions have been lifted.
    - June, July, and Canada (Canada is months behind on its vaccine rollout) dates pushed to 2022, US September & October dates held as scheduled, supplemented by fall arena dates.
    scallops25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #1005
    CornbreadAllDay

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Please stop. this is the 2021 thread

Last edited by CornbreadAllDay; 04-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    CornbreadAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #1006
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CornbreadAllDay View Post
    Please stop. this is the 2021 thread
    2021 is DOOMED
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 12:10 PM   #1007
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

The way the news has been working lately, i think Labor Day is the Screw You, It's on date. The Arena in Cleveland has announced 3 post-Labor Day shows in the past 2 days for 2021. I have also had 2 pre-Labor Day shows postponed this week. I know there will be some shows before then, but surge or no surge, i think Labor day (Football Season, thanks NFL lobbyists!) is the proceed at your own risk date--Money is running out and bailouts cant go forever.
    Old 04-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #1008
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    The way the news has been working lately, i think Labor Day is the Screw You, It's on date. The Arena in Cleveland has announced 3 post-Labor Day shows in the past 2 days for 2021. I have also had 2 pre-Labor Day shows postponed this week. I know there will be some shows before then, but surge or no surge, i think Labor day (Football Season, thanks NFL lobbyists!) is the proceed at your own risk date--Money is running out and bailouts cant go forever.
    I like this answer. A realistic and balanced response.

I am cautiously optimistic about shows in the fall. Maybe DMB will even add a fall/early winter tour. I hope so.

Things are all over the place. Eric Church just announced a massive arena tour beginning in September. Meanwhile, Roger Waters just postponed his equally massive arena tour to July-October 2022. It's giving me Vertigo!!
    Old 04-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #1009
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I am cautiously optimistic about shows in the fall. Maybe DMB will even add a fall/early winter tour. I hope so.

Things are all over the place. Eric Church just announced a massive arena tour beginning in September. Meanwhile, Roger Waters just postponed his equally massive arena tour to July-October 2022. It's giving me Vertigo!!
    paying heed to the local capacity restrictions though, obviously. Tickets go on sale in a few weeks, I foresee a lot of refunds coming in the more.... erm, restrictive states to keep with the social distancing guidelines.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #1010
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    paying heed to the local capacity restrictions though, obviously. Tickets go on sale in a few weeks, I foresee a lot of refunds coming in the more.... erm, restrictive states to keep with the social distancing guidelines.

Currently Cleveland has a 25% capacity restriction--my guess is that number most likely goes up before the on sale date or they release more tickets as the restrictions are listed. I'd bet that by the show date there is little to no restrictions in Ohio--starting in June, our republican legislature can override the governor and i am betting they do, as they overrode his veto of taking this power from him to begin with.
    Old 04-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #1011
    WhereYouGoin

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Are we sure there’s a new DMB album on the way. I’ve noticed they only do fall dates when they have a new album.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #1012
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

I’m so impatient because Jonas brothers aren’t on the schedule for anything. I really want to see them again - it’s been a long time (only once ever have I seen them)
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:07 PM   #1013
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    Are we sure there’s a new DMB album on the way. I’ve noticed they only do fall dates when they have a new album.
    How the hell have I never noticed that before? You're right!

Somebody else on here said they won't release a new album until they can bundle it with ticket sales, thus more album sales = #1 album. It's a clever method a lot of old timers have found to get their new music out there.

So if this tour gets pushed to 2022, does that mean the new album won't come until 2023, to tie it in with the next time DMB are likely to sell a large number of concert tickets?
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:17 PM   #1014
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How the hell have I never noticed that before? You're right!

Somebody else on here said they won't release a new album until they can bundle it with ticket sales, thus more album sales = #1 album. It's a clever method a lot of old timers have found to get their new music out there.

So if this tour gets pushed to 2022, does that mean the new album won't come until 2023, to tie it in with the next time DMB are likely to sell a large number of concert tickets?
    Free albums bundled with tickets no longer count towards album sales
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:23 PM   #1015
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I'm buying DC tickets the second they go on sale, refund be damned!

will probably get postponed
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #1016
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Free albums bundled with tickets no longer count towards album sales
    Oh I see. Makes sense, I always thought that was kind of cheating anyway.

It'd be nice if DMB could pull off a fall/winter tour later this year. They could release their new album before those shows. If shows can happen in the fall, I feel like they might want to get some new revenue coming in.
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #1017
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    I’m so impatient because Jonas brothers aren’t on the schedule for anything. I really want to see them again - it’s been a long time (only once ever have I seen them)
    Neither are the Hanson brothers. It's a bummer.
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #1018
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Neither are the Hanson brothers. It's a bummer.
    What about the Chemical Brothers?
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #1019
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh I see. Makes sense, I always thought that was kind of cheating anyway.

It'd be nice if DMB could pull off a fall/winter tour later this year. They could release their new album before those shows. If shows can happen in the fall, I feel like they might want to get some new revenue coming in.
    No doubt the band would love to get a tour going soon, with ticket sales tied to a copy of the new album (apparently in the can and ready to go) in an effort to extend their record to make it 8 straight!!

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #1020
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Newport Folk Festival is a go.

Thursday, April 8, 2021, 4:30 p.m. ET

The past two days have seen a flurry of activity in the music world as different states, artists, and festivals move in seemingly different directions. On Tuesday, California Governor Gavin Newsome announced that he was eyeing June 15th for a statewide reopening, a move that would include music venues.

“With more than 20 million vaccines administered across the state, it is time to turn the page on our tier system and begin looking to fully reopen California’s economy,” Gov. Newsom said via press release. “We can now begin planning for our lives post-pandemic.”

On the other side of the country, the Newport Festivals Foundation announced 2021 dates for both Newport Folk and Newport Jazz festivals. Newport Folk is set to return to Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI July 23rd–28th while its jazz counterpart will take place July 30th–August 1st. As Newport Folk prepares for a reduced capacity this year, organizers have chosen to pivot the celebration to “two unique 3-day events of surprise performances, storytelling, and workshops.” Additionally, tickets for this year’s NFF will be sold in phases rather than all at once.

The past two days have also seen a fair share of developments on the touring side of live music. This week saw both Roger Water and Rage Against The Machine postpone their stadium tours until 2022. Meanwhile, Italian singer Andrea Bocelli, one of the highest-grossing entertainers in the world, announced on Thursday that he will hit the road for a North American tour beginning in October and running through December. The 21-city tour will take the singer across the United States and see him playing indoor arenas including Madison Square Garden, Allstate Arena in Illinois, American Airlines Center in Texas, and many more.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/co...tion-tracking/
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote