*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 3381 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #101401
OK_Ant
Custom User Title

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

It's amazing how this thread will probably be near the top of this page for another 6 years...
OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #101402
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Hmmm...another one:

Garrett Ventry, a communications adviser to the Senate Judiciary Committee's GOP majority who had been working on Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court, resigned on Friday prior to the publication of a report about a past sexual harassment allegation against him.
    Ventry denied the allegation, which was made while he worked in a previous job, but told CNN, "I don't want to be a distraction."
    MDPrompter is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #101403
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Brutal Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N-m83vYr-Y
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #101404
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK_Ant View Post
    It's amazing how this thread will probably be near the top of this page for another 6 years...
    I'm just waiting for Shotty to go back to his 2008-2016 self whenever the next Democrat President is elected. It will be page-topping worthy just for the lolz.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #101405
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    politics don't stop
    Old 09-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #101406
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    That was exactly my point and I think I even quoted the part of the article where it said that it didn't take that into account. So to use that stat, it's ridiclulous because it's only the first part of what you need to look at.

To the second part of your second post, I've touched on this many times. One of the things that's asked for in these high crime areas is that there be more of a police presence. The issue becomes once people start getting arrested, there are calls of over policing. It seems to be cyclical around here. I do know that I was diverted from my route early this morning because cops were investigating a murder on the west side.

I guess if you don't want cops around, not murdering people would be a great start to just "naturally" keeping them away.
    This is silly, you're blaming black people for racism. What about studies that show even after black people are arrested they get longer sentences for the same crimes and so on? You imply that all places where black people are killed by police are high-crime places or places where murders took place.

When the black community loses faith in the police they take matters into their own hands. This escalates a fight into another fight when the community decides it can't go to police and handles iton their own. It's a cycle. More fighting or other violence, the place gets labeled a high crime area and someone gets shot by police because they were jogging in the wrong spot or were selling cigarettes.

Stop and frisk saw a higher white crime rate than a black and hispanic one even though blacks and hispanics were the majority of stops. Black officers tell stories of them being profiled by police. There are lawsuits where officers are instructed to specifically target black males even though other groups are committing a large number of crimes too. Studies show cops to the detriment of their own safety treat woman differently.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #101407
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Mueller's got half of his crew pleading guilty. He won't be reelected.
    Old 09-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #101408
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If someone was accusing you of something you denied, would you feel that your accuser not recalling details of the alleged event is enough for people to think you're innocent? Or, would you be all like "if she's got the basics, then it's probably all true depsite her limited recollection and my denial?"

There are cases after cases where eye witness testimony is overturned by more reliable evidence. Quite frankly, witnesses aren't even considered that strong in criminal case building much anymore. I'm not saying witnesses are never used but for major cases prosecutors really want video and or other scientific evidence.
    I posted video that was taken seconds after the shooting and you completely ignored it. Two people in the video made "hands up" motions. I guess the liberals had already put ideas in their heads?

Quote:
    If someone was accusing you of something you denied
    You infer that he denies because he didn't do it. He could be lying too. He could not remember. He could not remember because he treated so many woman that way he can't remember. No amount of evidence will be enough. Any inconsistency by the accuser will be blown out of proportion. If she doesn't know the exact time they'll will say "was it 8:30 or 9? Then of course it will impossible for her to ever be exact enough for some. There would be a much different standard if we were talking about Hillary's email server.
    Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #101409
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    This is silly, you're blaming black people for racism. What about studies that show even after black people are arrested they get longer sentences for the same crimes and so on? You imply that all places where black people are killed by police are high-crime places or places where murders took place.

When the black community loses faith in the police they take matters into their own hands. This escalates a fight into another fight when the community decides it can't go to police and handles iton their own. It's a cycle. More fighting or other violence, the place gets labeled a high crime area and someone gets shot by police because they were jogging in the wrong spot or were selling cigarettes.

Stop and frisk saw a higher white crime rate than a black and hispanic one even though blacks and hispanics were the majority of stops. Black officers tell stories of them being profiled by police. There are lawsuits where officers are instructed to specifically target black males even though other groups are committing a large number of crimes too. Studies show cops to the detriment of their own safety treat woman differently.
    some people just don't want to see it
    Old 09-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #101410
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What about studies that show even after black people are arrested they get longer sentences for the same crimes and so on? You imply that all places where black people are killed by police are high-crime places or places where murders took place.
    This is 100% true. It's awful.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #101411
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I just finished the chapter "one hundred days" in the FDR biography "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith and holy shit...what an unbelievable job he did. Seriously unbelievable.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #101412
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Not at all anyone who thinks this way is a massive part of the problem and why places where there needs to be change won't chane.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 07:04 PM   #101413
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I posted video that was taken seconds after the shooting and you completely ignored it. Two people in the video made "hands up" motions. I guess the liberals had already put ideas in their heads?

You infer that he denies because he didn't do it. He could be lying too. He could not remember. He could not remember because he treated so many woman that way he can't remember. No amount of evidence will be enough. Any inconsistency by the accuser will be blown out of proportion. If she doesn't know the exact time they'll will say "was it 8:30 or 9? Then of course it will impossible for her to ever be exact enough for some. There would be a much different standard if we were talking about Hillary's email server.
    I was talking about Kav, not Brown. Brown case is closed. Trying to think things went down other than the way the science shows is dumb and literally discussing the tooth fairy would be more productive.

I'm not inferring anything. You're inferring things I'm not even implying. I never said he 100% didn't do it. I've consistently said that it's a claim from over 35 years ago. It's ridiculously hypocritical to sit there and say maybe the guy doesn't remember something that the "victim" can't recall much about either, so he's guilty.

Do you remember where you were on a date and location that cannot be named 35 years ago or so where someone you know claims something happened that you don't have any recollection of happening?

When you sit back and look at this objectively, it's an absolute joke.
    Old 09-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #101414
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What about studies that show even after black people are arrested they get longer sentences for the same crimes and so on? You imply that all places where black people are killed by police are high-crime places or places where murders took place.
    Sentencing is subjective and can depend on multiple factors....

1.) Criminal history
    2.) Willingness/ability to pay fines
    3.) Willingness/ability to complete community service
    4.) Wether or not you have a family (primary care giver)
    5.) Attorney

I'd venture to guess that where any people are killed at a higher rate by cops, there's a higher violent crime rate.
    Old 09-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #101415
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1.) Criminal history
    5.) Attorney

I'd venture to guess that where any people are killed at a higher rate by cops, there's a higher violent crime rate.
    What's funny about this post is that this is basically the basis/consideration for "black lives matter" and yet you'll never realize that!

Now that's funny!

Last edited by cazzie34; 09-22-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #101416
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to accept there’s still racism in America, and it varies in scope and how it manifests itself greatly.

Like...you won’t bust into flames or anything.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #101417
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    What's funny about this post is that this is basically the basis/consideration for "black lives matter" and yet you'll never realize that!

Now that's funny!
    There is nothing legit about BLM. The fact that you think there is, is lol worthy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to accept there’s still racism in America, and it varies in scope and how it manifests itself greatly.

Like...you won’t bust into flames or anything.
    Never said racism doesn't exist. I simply don't think it's the cause of violence in high crime areas. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the difference.

Like, admitting there are massive violent issues in certain urban areas won't cause you to burst into flames or anything.

Last edited by rconverse; 09-22-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #101418
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Trying to think things went down other than the way the science shows is dumb and literally discussing the tooth fairy would be more productive.
    You have a complete failure of imagination. You can drop your arms in half a second. You think an absence of evidence is an evidence of absence. Here is one very easy scenario. First shot or shots misses and Mike Brown goes to the ground and then is shot. He could have his hands up he sees the officer still approaching and goes down to surrender and then is shot. In both of those instances his hands were up moments before he was shot. That is more plausible than 3 eyewitnesses, two on camera, being wrong about his arms being up.

As for eyewitnesses, you seem to buy the cop's story but nobody else's.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #101419
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You have a complete failure of imagination. You can drop your arms in half a second. You think an absence of evidence is an evidence of absence. Here is one very easy scenario. First shot or shots misses and Mike Brown goes to the ground and then is shot. He could have his hands up he sees the officer still approaching and goes down to surrender and then is shot. In both of those instances his hands were up moments before he was shot. That is more plausible than 3 eyewitnesses, two on camera, being wrong about his arms being up.

As for eyewitnesses, you seem to buy the cop's story but nobody else's.
    I went by the forensic evidence, again one person hired by the family. It's really just that simple. Takes all the uncertainty out of the whole thing.

Using MB as a beacon for your point is not a good idea.

Edit; McDonald and the guy from NY would be much better examples to use. Using Brown makes no sense.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #101420
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not at all anyone who thinks this way is a massive part of the problem and why places where there needs to be change won't chane.
    Everything you write blames black people. Dylan Roof was apprehended peacefully. They just walk right up to the car. You ignore 400 years of US history.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #101421
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There is nothing legit about BLM. The fact that you think there is, is lol worthy.

Never said racism doesn't exist. I simply don't think it's the cause of violence in high crime areas. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the difference.

Like, admitting there are massive violent issues in certain urban areas won't cause you to burst into flames or anything.
    If you don't think race and racism is an issue where would we even begin? You collectively blame black people for the actions of a few. Did you know that most terrorists are right-wingers? Who do people think of when there is a terrorist attack though?

Did you know that white males are sexual assaulters disproportionate to their numbers?
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #101422
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I went by the forensic evidence, again one person hired by the family.
    No you didn't. You provided no evidence. I googled it. He did not say what you said. Again, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I have videotape evidence of 2 people making hands up gestures within seconds of the shooting. 3 or 4 people total.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #101423
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Everything you write blames black people. Dylan Roof was apprehended peacefully. They just walk right up to the car. You ignore 400 years of US history.
    You're ignoring millions of arrests going down peacefully every year and picking a few that don't go as planned. Hell, I even gave you two "better" examples to use, so saying I'm ignoring anything doesn't make sense.

Also, a lot of mass killers that are white end up killing themselves, so can't be apprehended. The guy from Vegas comes to mind.

The notion that because you have interactions with a police officer, you're likely to get killed is ridiculous.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...olence/559835/

Quote:
    Of the 1,146 and 1,092 victims of police violence in 2015 and 2016, respectively, the authors found 52 percent were white, 26 percent were black, and 17 percent were Hispanic.
    There are about 220MM adults in the US. Only about 1,125/year are killed by police and that does not distinguish on whether it was self-defense or not.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #101424
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1.) Criminal history
    5.) Attorney

Someone should do a study and control for those. Just kidding there are a lot of studies doing just that.

Quote:
    The average sentence is nearly 20 percent longer for black men than white men.
    Research Finds Racial Disparities In Prison Sentences
    https://www.npr.org/2017/11/25/56643...ison-sentences

You don't really seem to understand there are lots of studies around sentencing disparities, over policing and bias in our justice system.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #101425
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No you didn't. You provided no evidence. I googled it. He did not say what you said. Again, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I have videotape evidence of 2 people making hands up gestures within seconds of the shooting. 3 or 4 people total.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.4fe2ce5eb1b6

There's nothing else that can be more clear.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:27 PM   #101426
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Someone should do a study and control for those. Just kidding there are a lot of studies doing just that.

Research Finds Racial Disparities In Prison Sentences
    https://www.npr.org/2017/11/25/56643...ison-sentences

You don't really seem to understand there are lots of studies around sentencing disparities, over policing and bias in our justice system.
    I literally posted FIVE reasons why sentencing disparites can exist and your claim is that I don't seem to understand. Super odd.

Plowing ahead. I didn't see anything in this article that touched any of the five bullet points I left in my post.

So, this quote "Black men who commit the same crimes as white men receive federal prison sentences that are almost 20 percent longer on average" means nothing to me as it doesn't indicate that it's taking the subjective parts into consideration that I outlined above.

Now, if that's somehow implied in that article but not sourced, then that's an issue to be discussed. I'm all for longer prison sentences for everyone. That plays perfectly into my "more prisons" platform.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #101427
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

I admire drakan for so earnestly beating this dead horse, drakan for prompterthread rookie of the year
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #101428
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I literally posted FIVE reasons why sentencing disparites can exist and your claim is that I don't seem to understand.
    Any study worth anything will account for as many variables as possible including age, sex, race, income and other factors. You act like everyone studying the issue hasn't thought about how to do a good study at all.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #101429
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    I admire drakan for so earnestly beating this dead horse, drakan for prompterthread rookie of the year
    I don't know what that is but it doesn't sound good.

My favorite argument like this is when talking about climate change people say the climate has always been changing. Like that hasn't occurred to scientists.
    Old 09-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #101430
    ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
    If someone was accusing you of something you denied,would you feel that your accuser not recalling details of the alleged event is enough for people to think you're innocent? .

If someone accused me of something I didn’t do I’d be begging for a full investigation and as many witnesses to testify on my behalf as possible. If someone accused me of something I simply denied, I’d try to destroy their credibility and raise every question I could about their motive.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
    7-2 is narrow now

Last edited by ThatLetter; 09-22-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    ThatLetter is offline   Reply With Quote