** Official Toronto 2022 Show ** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-06-2022, 10:36 AM   #31
admuze

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Toronto 2022 Show **

Need some help friends! I have (4) warehouse tix in the lower pavilion (section 201 row G). Unfortunately, cannot make the quick ride up from Buffalo this year as plans fell through.

I put up a post in the tickets section for them! Feel free to email me at admuze@aol.com if you or anyone you know may be interested because i do not check this message board that often!

Thanks,
andy
admuze is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #32
    paunus

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Happy for Paul!
    Oh crap - if i'm the Paul in question, I feel bad that i'm only just catching up on the forums now - I confess its probably been a year or more since I last visited

I was happy to see the band is returning here to Canada for sure!

Sadly, I am missing Toronto again (I think its been possibly as long as 8 years since I last made it). If they hit up Ottawa or Montreal again i'm there, but not much opportunity for me to make it out to shows at this time.

You Never Know!

Paul (I think)
    paunus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #33
    karenfromcanada

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Selling 4 lowers section 202 row VV
    Warehouse tickets. Can meet in Toronto or arrange shipping when I have them in hand. Email karen.vanderveen@gmail.com
    karenfromcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2022, 05:16 AM   #34
    bryanhunt41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

My family is taking a trip to Niagara, and will also be seeing this show, my kids 1st concert, ever. We are considering either staying 2 nights in Toronto at the beginning of our trip, or extending the stay in Niagara and making a day trip to Toronto instead of a hotel specifically for the concert. We are planning on taking in the CN Tower and the aquarium, then on to the show. Haven't found anything else my kids are super interested in except for maybe the Toronto Islands, but it may still be a little cold for lake swimming.

I have a few questions on how to plan out the day though. Driving from Niagara is roughly 1.5 hours. We can park for the tower/aquarium, and we can park for the concert. For those that are familiar and have been here before, are we better off driving ourselves, or parking at a GO station maybe in Hamilton or somewhere around there, and taking the train into the city? (Also, can non-residents park at the GO stations?)

I think I've got it figured out that the LW train runs into Union Station which is really close to the places we want to see, and we could either take the 509 streetcar or the train to the Exhibition GO station for the concert, then walk to the station after the show and take the train back to our car. Does this make sense, or am I out of my mind? Appreciate any thoughts!
    bryanhunt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #35
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryanhunt41 View Post
    My family is taking a trip to Niagara, and will also be seeing this show, my kids 1st concert, ever. We are considering either staying 2 nights in Toronto at the beginning of our trip, or extending the stay in Niagara and making a day trip to Toronto instead of a hotel specifically for the concert. We are planning on taking in the CN Tower and the aquarium, then on to the show. Haven't found anything else my kids are super interested in except for maybe the Toronto Islands, but it may still be a little cold for lake swimming.

I have a few questions on how to plan out the day though. Driving from Niagara is roughly 1.5 hours. We can park for the tower/aquarium, and we can park for the concert. For those that are familiar and have been here before, are we better off driving ourselves, or parking at a GO station maybe in Hamilton or somewhere around there, and taking the train into the city? (Also, can non-residents park at the GO stations?)

I think I've got it figured out that the LW train runs into Union Station which is really close to the places we want to see, and we could either take the 509 streetcar or the train to the Exhibition GO station for the concert, then walk to the station after the show and take the train back to our car. Does this make sense, or am I out of my mind? Appreciate any thoughts!
    Toronto offers a lot. How old are your kids? How much time would you have in the city. You can park at the extreme southern end of Fraser Ave, east side real cheap. From there you can walk east to the Go train station and take the GO east to Union Station which is real close to CN Tower, Aquarium and ferry to Toronto Island. Alternative is to walk from the parking spot north to King St and take King Streetcar east to John or Peter St for CN Tower and Aquarium etc. After spending time at the sites you want to see, return to where you parked and leave your car there and walk under the tracks at the Exhibition GO station to the venue (5-7 minute walk).

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #36
    bryanhunt41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42km View Post
    Toronto offers a lot. How old are your kids? How much time would you have in the city. You can park at the extreme southern end of Fraser Ave, east side real cheap. From there you can walk east to the Go train station and take the GO east to Union Station which is real close to CN Tower, Aquarium and ferry to Toronto Island. Alternative is to walk from the parking spot north to King St and take King Streetcar east to John or Peter St for CN Tower and Aquarium etc. After spending time at the sites you want to see, return to where you parked and leave your car there and walk under the tracks at the Exhibition GO station to the venue (5-7 minute walk).
    Kids are 11 and 14. Thanks for the info on parking. I think I let comments about lack of parking that I have read steer me in the wrong direction. I believe driving in early, parking at a good spot and exploring may be the best option for us. Besides, it was going to be roughly 75 bucks to ride the train in.
    bryanhunt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #37
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryanhunt41 View Post
    Kids are 11 and 14. Thanks for the info on parking. I think I let comments about lack of parking that I have read steer me in the wrong direction. I believe driving in early, parking at a good spot and exploring may be the best option for us. Besides, it was going to be roughly 75 bucks to ride the train in.
    The parking I suggested is in a industrial/office area. It can be sketchy but I have never had a problem. If you have any safety concerns there are other more conventional and better lit parking in the area I suggested. You may want to scope out that area and satisfy yourself.
    Parking in that area can be as low as $3.00! I will try and PM you with other suggestions at some point.

Old 06-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #38
    CDN-DMBfan

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Tickets arrived today. Pumped for the show and have The Rally with Arkells on Saturday.
    CDN-DMBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2022, 08:34 AM   #39
    Maximus584

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

My wife and I are going up early to pregame in the parking lot if anyone wants to stop by.
    Maximus584 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2022, 05:21 PM   #40
    georgejr

My Tour Central Stats

I’ve got a pair in section 203 row YY up for sale. (Ticketmaster)
    georgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2022, 04:52 AM   #41
    georgejr

My Tour Central Stats

I’m going to get a pit ticket if I can do I’ve got a pair in 203 row YY to sell (happy to discount!).
    georgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2022, 03:42 PM   #42
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

3 years (almost) is a long time!
    Less than a week to go!!
    Owes Toronto a Halloween from that nasty fake in 2015!!

Old 06-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #43
    GoldenGate

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

PITs avail on Ticketmaster now
    GoldenGate is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2022, 08:56 PM   #44
    CDN-DMBfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    3 years (almost) is a long time!
    Less than a week to go!!
    Owes Toronto a Halloween from that nasty fake in 2015!!
    Still pisses me off. I tried tweeting Fonz the next year to make it right.
    Old 06-20-2022, 01:39 PM   #45
    Sunianna

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

What’s the vibe like outside the venue?
    Old 06-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #46
    IanJHickey

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sunianna View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. We’re staying very close to the venue. Hoping to find a decent bar close by.
    Old 06-20-2022, 04:44 PM   #47
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IanJHickey View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. We’re staying very close to the venue. Hoping to find a decent bar close by.
    Sadly virtually nobody tailgates before a Toronto DMB show, though if you want to I don’t expect anyone will hassle you. Closest lots to venue are in the Exhibition grounds ie GreenP lot 852. I park in at lot in Liberty Village just north of the Exhibition with parking cost at approximately $6.00 and as low as $3.00. Its also a much easier out after the show. There are many bars and restaurants in the Liberty Village area. To get to the venue from Liberty Village (which is about a 10 minute walk) simply walk into the Exhibition GO station and under the railway tracks into the Exhibition grounds then south through the Exhibition grounds over the bridge over Lakeshore to the venue. Trust me this is the best tip.
    The venue is a real nice site on the lake with plenty of food and drink options (at overpriced venue pricing).

Last edited by 42km; 06-20-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #48
    IanJHickey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sadly virtually nobody tailgates before a Toronto DMB show, though if you want to I don’t expect anyone will hassle you. Closest lots to venue are in the Exhibition grounds ie GreenP lot 852. I park in at lot in Liberty Village just north of the Exhibition with parking cost at approximately $6.00 and as low as $3.00. Its also a much easier out after the show. There are many bars and restaurants in the Liberty Village area. To get to the venue from Liberty Village (which is about a 10 minute walk) simply walk into the Exhibition GO station and under the railway tracks into the Exhibition grounds then south through the Exhibition grounds over the bridge over Lakeshore to the venue. Trust me this is the best tip.
    The venue is a real nice site on the lake with plenty of food and drink options (at overpriced venue pricing).
    Thanks for that info! We are staying next to Coronation Park. Any suggestions for a pub/bar within walking distance to watch the jays game tomorrow night?
    Old 06-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #49
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IanJHickey View Post
    Thanks for that info! We are staying next to Coronation Park. Any suggestions for a pub/bar within walking distance to watch the jays game tomorrow night?
    Northern Maverick Brewery (new place fairly close to where you are staying)
    Amsterdam Brewery (on the lake)
    Shoeless Joes (on Queens Quay near the lake)
    Real Sports Bar beside Scotia hockey arena (downtown where the Leafs play)

Last edited by 42km; 06-20-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    Old 06-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #50
    falcon2099

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoldenGate View Post
    Very thankful to have scored 202 row G

Nice! I got 203 row J (outside aisle seats)
    falcon2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2022, 09:46 PM   #51
    falcon2099

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Good info, We'll be hitting up the Brazen Head as usual for preshow eats and drinks.
    falcon2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2022, 03:15 PM   #52
    Sunianna

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I was asking because I was thinking of grabbing GA tickets at the gate but with the way the weather looks tomorrow I don’t think it’s going to be the best conditions. Kind of wanted to just scope things out and maybe hear a few jams from outside while we look for a spot to eat.
    Old 06-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #53
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I was asking because I was thinking of grabbing GA tickets at the gate but with the way the weather looks tomorrow I don’t think it’s going to be the best conditions. Kind of wanted to just scope things out and maybe hear a few jams from outside while we look for a spot to eat.
    Not the best conditions?
    Where do you get your weather forecast from?
    Forecast for showtime tomorrow is clear at 24 degrees C., 10% chance of precipitation. I’d call that pretty good. Grab at least a lawn ticket and see the show, or wait for another show down the road under better “conditions”!

Old 06-21-2022, 07:40 PM   #54
    CDN-DMBfan

My Tour Central Stats

Lots left on the table after tonight’s show at Pine Knob, and a number taken off the table which I never want to hear again live!
    Old 06-21-2022, 08:06 PM   #55
    Sunianna

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not the best conditions?
    Where do you get your weather forecast from?
    Forecast for showtime tomorrow is clear at 24 degrees C., 10% chance of precipitation. I’d call that pretty good. Grab at least a lawn ticket and see the show, or wait for another show down the road under better “conditions”!
    I’m seeing rain off and on from about 8-4. If the lawn is soggy I’ll pass. I’ve seen many shows and I’m old now and will have someone who is pregnant with me, so a potentially wet/muddy lawn is just not the kind of experience we’re looking for this time around. Will see though! Still planning to check out the area.
    Old 06-22-2022, 05:09 AM   #56
    42km

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CDN-DMBfan View Post
    Lots left on the table after tonight’s show at Pine Knob, and a number taken off the table which I never want to hear again live!
    Exactly. That Pine Knob setlist sets things up real nice for tonight’s show.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #57
    Sunianna

My Tour Central Stats

Damn, what a turn in the forecast! ����
    Old 06-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #58
    Tomacco

Shows Seen: 134

My Tour Central Stats

Gonna be a hot one.

Any tapers gonna be there?
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2022, 08:39 AM   #59
    IanJHickey

My Tour Central Stats

Tonights poster is great!
    Old 06-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #60
    jimisthings

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

My 9th show tonight. Still hoping to hear these for the first time.

Say goodbye
    Rhyme and Reason
    Typical situation
    Lover lay down
    Space between
    Raven
    Digging ditch
    Busted stuff
    Proudest monkey
    Last stop
    Stay
    Halloween