what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #121
RSSR
Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg View Post
Yeah, but Boyd is up to "shenanigans."

That's one way to put it.
RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #122
    8nalive

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    So I have a sincere question for you, and I ask it in same respectful manner your reply to me just now is in:

Do you not see the hypocrisy in you calling everyone else haters and assuming that everyone talking about Boyd's behaviors and the consequences is "hating" even though many speak out of concern... and you now saying calling you wildly biased and wildly unrealistic is not nice to say directly to you, after you specifically called everyone in this conversation haters and that we'd be judged horribly for it?

In the end, what you just said is really what maybe you should have led with: you understand Boyd's behaviors may have been an issue, and you forgive him for that and think he worked super hard for DMB and you want to see that honored and recognized. No one can argue with you for that opnion.

It's when you call everyone haters when most people literally were just talking about what had happened to him, the many reasons (and if you're realistic you understand there were MANY!) he is no longer in the band.

That's how life goes. It's ok to forgive people or for people to regret their actions, but if you tried for years to address it and someone just got worse and worse and more and more extreme, it is the bad actor's responsibility NOT those who have to cut them off, that things get to that point.

So you can forgive Boyd all you want, but to call everyone badly-intentioned (haters) just for talking about what actually happened as a result of Boyd's bad performances, behavior and choices IS wildly biased and wildly unrealistic, given the years and years of problematic behavior on his part.

I first saw DMB in '94 and '94-'00 will always be a magical musical time for me because of how DMB was live and recorded then. I loved Boyd's energy and presence, and my interactions with him were largely positive. I did notice some things that weren't about me that bothered me... and that was in like '99 and on, so that was a loooong time ago there were concerns.

It is possible to love and respect Boyd's contributions as a key founding member of DMB, have the early days as one's favorite era of DMB, and find him to have been a kind person to me, AND to also recognize he made some very bad choices and his performance declined in the extremes and to see the band as wholly justified in kicking him out and fans totally justified in discussing it.
    "Those saying he was a liability or that they like the band better without him are not hating, they're speaking their truths and that's how the world works."

I have an issue with your statement here. I believe truths to be self-evident. We all don't get to choose what the truth is, it simply is. Opinions are opinions and truths are truths. People do get to "speak their truths" and "that's how the world works" and that is a problem with the world we live in. How about looking through the lens of someone else and seeing what that person may see. How would you feel if you played your heart out every night and people just spewed negativities at you and slammed you with constant criticism? To tear band members down.

I see no hypocrisy. I was making a broad generalization and hoped to draw attention to my post. Notice I did not single anyone out. f you took it personally then I apologize but I think we need to think first and then act. I was trying to defend not attack. I know, as you say, speaking out of concern, and what it looks like. And I know what speaking with a malicious tongue looks like.

Also, I was saying that I hope God does NOT judge people for their hatreds.

I see your love for the band is here and I commend you for understanding what great music looks like. But holy hell. don't you see some of the mean spirited attacks on these boards? I. do.

I'm a lot like Boyd. I have made a LOT of bad decisions in life. I think if we're honest, we all have. Why keep highlighting certain band members faults and instead lift them up? His life is under the microscope. People have done far worse than Boyd in life and I believe he is a solid, good man. Even Dave may have made some bad decisions in his life.

I think your heart is in the right place and I appreciate your forthrightness. I think everyone would do better to hold onto positive feelings and that we all could use more grace and understanding
    8nalive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 02:07 PM   #123
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8nalive View Post
    I'm a lot like Boyd.

Has anybody seen you and him in the same room?
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #124
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    No. Same ampitheatres. Same stadiums
    Old 08-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #125
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Same arena
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #126
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Roi was close with him
    Old 08-24-2021, 05:02 PM   #127
    GraceBuckley

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    "Those saying he was a liability or that they like the band better without him are not hating, they're speaking their truths and that's how the world works."

I have an issue with your statement here. I believe truths to be self-evident. We all don't get to choose what the truth is, it simply is. Opinions are opinions and truths are truths. People do get to "speak their truths" and "that's how the world works" and that is a problem with the world we live in. How about looking through the lens of someone else and seeing what that person may see. How would you feel if you played your heart out every night and people just spewed negativities at you and slammed you with constant criticism? To tear band members down.

I see no hypocrisy. I was making a broad generalization and hoped to draw attention to my post. Notice I did not single anyone out. f you took it personally then I apologize but I think we need to think first and then act. I was trying to defend not attack. I know, as you say, speaking out of concern, and what it looks like. And I know what speaking with a malicious tongue looks like.

Also, I was saying that I hope God does NOT judge people for their hatreds.

I see your love for the band is here and I commend you for understanding what great music looks like. But holy hell. don't you see some of the mean spirited attacks on these boards? I. do.

I'm a lot like Boyd. I have made a LOT of bad decisions in life. I think if we're honest, we all have. Why keep highlighting certain band members faults and instead lift them up? His life is under the microscope. People have done far worse than Boyd in life and I believe he is a solid, good man. Even Dave may have made some bad decisions in his life.

I think your heart is in the right place and I appreciate your forthrightness. I think everyone would do better to hold onto positive feelings and that we all could use more grace and understanding
    Someone asked where he was, noted he hadn't been seen in awhile, which led to a whole discussion of whether he'd ever show up playing with DMB again. What followed was (and still is) a discussion of this question, both those who think it'll never happen and why, and those who think it might happen and why.

This convo is 5 pages long now. Find more than a couple of snarky comments - you can't, because just about everyone's comments are based on their opinion or actual facts, like that his playing got way worse over time, or the videos - actual videos - posted that show him looking very out of it.

You can boost how hard he worked and played as much as you want, but if you can't handle the truth as reported by the band, observers, lawsuit docs and video about him showing up late, him playing badly and off key for whole TOURS, him looking very out of it (high? depressed? unclear, but plainly not in any shape to be onstage), and the sexual assaults and other highly questionanable behaviour, if you can't handle DISCUSSION of those, then you are still wildly unrealistic.

Asking for people to only focus on when he was productive in the band and played his heart out (which he did for years) does no one any good - including Boyd himself - when clearly things changed and he wasn't able to do that anymore, and ultimately he was kicked out of the band. If you see everyone talking about the present and recent sad situations as "hating", again, you're not living in today's reality.

But I wish Boyd and you well, I truly do. These last 18 months have literally killed some people, and made a lot of others lose so much. It's a great time to focus on what we have that is good, that is right, but ignoring what is making us sick, lose our jobs, or putting our families in danger, only leads to more bad stuff.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 05:30 PM   #128
    bhobbster

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveKazz View Post
    I had an encounter with Boyd in 2015 in Cincinnati. The band was staying at my hotel, and I ran into Carter during the day at around 3 as he was headed to the venue.

Before I was headed to the show, I got in the elevator and Boyd was in it. I was surprised how close to show time he was leaving, given that Carter had left so much earlier. He gave me a "what's up" and seemed pretty normal to me, but I remember it being strange to think he'd be so far behind the other band members.

I have no concept of when band members usually head to shows, so maybe it's not a big deal at all, but wanted to share anyway.
    I was recently looking at the DMB Almanac show notes for the San Francisco Golden Gate Park Sept 12, 2004 concert, and stumbled across this example of Boyd's tendencies for arriving late. This was for the sound check on Saturday, the day before the concert:

Sound Check
    Onstage 5:20pm
    multiple band noodling and improvs
    5:59 Too Much beginning and stop a few bars into it (Boyd finally on stage)
    6:00 Too Much 1st verse and chorus
    6:02 Birdland (Stefan) > Leroi and Butch come in > jam
    6:05 Butch Carter Stefan jam
    Offstage 6:10pm

So the band is on stage at 5:20pm, kill time for 40 minutes waiting for Boyd, and once he arrives, they're done in 10 minutes.
    bhobbster is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:01 PM   #129
    joshg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

How many violin players go on to become rock stars?
    joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #130
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bhobbster View Post
    I was recently looking at the DMB Almanac show notes for the San Francisco Golden Gate Park Sept 12, 2004 concert, and stumbled across this example of Boyd's tendencies for arriving late. This was for the sound check on Saturday, the day before the concert:

Sound Check
    Onstage 5:20pm
    multiple band noodling and improvs
    5:59 Too Much beginning and stop a few bars into it (Boyd finally on stage)
    6:00 Too Much 1st verse and chorus
    6:02 Birdland (Stefan) > Leroi and Butch come in > jam
    6:05 Butch Carter Stefan jam
    Offstage 6:10pm

So the band is on stage at 5:20pm, kill time for 40 minutes waiting for Boyd, and once he arrives, they're done in 10 minutes.
    Yikes, being that nonchalant about arriving late, no wonder he didn’t give a shit about how he sounded. He didn’t give a shit. As long as the royalty checks kept arriving.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:25 PM   #131
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Someone asked where he was, noted he hadn't been seen in awhile, which led to a whole discussion of whether he'd ever show up playing with DMB again. What followed was (and still is) a discussion of this question, both those who think it'll never happen and why, and those who think it might happen and why.

This convo is 5 pages long now. Find more than a couple of snarky comments - you can't, because just about everyone's comments are based on their opinion or actual facts, like that his playing got way worse over time, or the videos - actual videos - posted that show him looking very out of it.

You can boost how hard he worked and played as much as you want, but if you can't handle the truth as reported by the band, observers, lawsuit docs and video about him showing up late, him playing badly and off key for whole TOURS, him looking very out of it (high? depressed? unclear, but plainly not in any shape to be onstage), and the sexual assaults and other highly questionanable behaviour, if you can't handle DISCUSSION of those, then you are still wildly unrealistic.

Asking for people to only focus on when he was productive in the band and played his heart out (which he did for years) does no one any good - including Boyd himself - when clearly things changed and he wasn't able to do that anymore, and ultimately he was kicked out of the band. If you see everyone talking about the present and recent sad situations as "hating", again, you're not living in today's reality.

But I wish Boyd and you well, I truly do. These last 18 months have literally killed some people, and made a lot of others lose so much. It's a great time to focus on what we have that is good, that is right, but ignoring what is making us sick, lose our jobs, or putting our families in danger, only leads to more bad stuff.
    I can handle the truth. Can you? Can you handle that . . . it's really not worth my time talking to someone like you. I don't wish you the best. I wish that you love a little Moore.

You don't convince me that you wish anyone well. You could just as easily have praised him for all of the good work he did minus his difficulties. (You must have some difficulties yourself that make you so stern.) You choose to focus on the negatives. It is easy to put people down and list the "horrible" things they have done in their lives. Anyone can do that. What is difficult for most people is to lift others up. You have gone away from where I thought you were in your last post..

So you are saying Boyd was in a slump. And may have gone through depression. And made some bad decisions. Why on earth do you care? Haven't we all. So, what on earth does it do for you to list this man's faults. Are you brave enough to list your own faults on this page? And can you be honest about them? For surely you fall less than perfect in many areas. I am defending a man. You want to tear him down. You will not win. you Da Man Boyd
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:37 PM   #132
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    Yikes, being that nonchalant about arriving late, no wonder he didn’t give a shit about how he sounded. He didn’t give a shit. As long as the royalty checks kept arriving.
    Honestly, the very nature of a violin soundcheck may just be simpler than other instruments. If the tuning is set, then all that may need to be addressed is volume of the instrument compared to others.

I’m not saying this with any sort of authority, but I’ve watched a handful of sound checks. In all the ones I’ve seen, the drums and the keyboards were the main focus—with the bass doing some minor tweaks based on the drums and the lead guitar doing minor tweaks based on the keys.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #133
    bhobbster

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    How many violin players go on to become rock stars?
    Not suggesting Andrew Bird is a rock star, but I will say I found his one-man show featuring the violin really entertaining. I'm still not sure how I ended up at his concert, it was 5 or 6 years ago, but I walked away impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrwaDlrXB6w
    bhobbster is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:49 PM   #134
    RainDog1980

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can handle the truth. Can you? Can you handle that . . . it's really not worth my time talking to someone like you. I don't wish you the best. I wish that you love a little Moore.

You don't convince me that you wish anyone well. You could just as easily have praised him for all of the good work he did minus his difficulties. (You must have some difficulties yourself that make you so stern.) You choose to focus on the negatives. It is easy to put people down and list the "horrible" things they have done in their lives. Anyone can do that. What is difficult for most people is to lift others up. You have gone away from where I thought you were in your last post..

So you are saying Boyd was in a slump. And may have gone through depression. And made some bad decisions. Why on earth do you care? Haven't we all. So, what on earth does it do for you to list this man's faults. Are you brave enough to list your own faults on this page? And can you be honest about them? For surely you fall less than perfect in many areas. I am defending a man. You want to tear him down. You will not win. you Da Man Boyd
    No one is really tearing him down, they’re just not fellating him like you are. This is literally a discussion about his departure and where he’s been. His positive contributions aren’t relevant to his departure, so “praising him for what he’s done” doesn’t really fit in context, much like your rants.

Saying “he was last seen in rough shape, I hope he’s doing ok “ is not tearing him down. Get off your cross.
    RainDog1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #135
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not suggesting Andrew Bird is a rock star, but I will say I found his one-man show featuring the violin really entertaining. I'm still not sure how I ended up at his concert, it was 5 or 6 years ago, but I walked away impressed.

This thread gets more and more weird but yes, Andrew Bird is great
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 06:54 PM   #136
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Andrew Bird is fantastic. I was introduced to his work, oddly, through a children's TV show (Jack's Big Music Show) that he appeared on.
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #137
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RainDog1980 View Post
    No one is really tearing him down, they’re just not fellating him like you are. This is literally a discussion about his departure and where he’s been. His positive contributions aren’t relevant to his departure, so “praising him for what he’s done” doesn’t really fit in context, much like your rants.

Saying “he was last seen in rough shape, I hope he’s doing ok “ is not tearing him down. Get off your cross.
    We must be reading different posts
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #138
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

"I don't wish you the best" pretty much sums it all up.

And you wish that I love a little more? As I have learned by working for 15+ yrs with families in crisis, loving people means being able to help them look in a REAL mirror, see what's REALLY happening, figure out what role they play in what they don't like, and what role they can play in living the way they DO like. And always telling the truth and answering honestly. That's what real love looks like.

Blowing smoke up and wanting everyone to just focus on the positive is exactly what makes rock stars hit rock bottom, OD, kill someone in drunk driving accidents... Rock stars get grumpy with those who try to tell them the truth, but in the end always thank them for saving their lives.

I still wish you the best, and I hope whatever makes you so reality-adverse gets cured. Be well!

Last edited by GraceBuckley; 08-24-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #139
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    "I don't wish you the best" pretty much sums it all up.

And you wish that I love a little more? As I have learned by working for 15+ yrs with families in crisis, loving people means being able to help them look in a REAL mirror, see what's REALLY happening, figure out what role they play in what they don't like, and what role they can play in living the way they DO like. And always telling the truth and answering honestly. That's what real love looks like.

Blowing smoke up and wanting everyone to just focus on the positive is exactly what makes rock stars hit rock bottom, OD, kill someone in drunk driving accidents... Rock stars get grumpy with those who try to tell them the truth, but in the end always thank them for saving their lives.

I still wish you the best, and I hope whatever makes you so reality-adverse gets cured. Be well!
    I am much in favor of reality. I do think that your heart is in the right place and I do admire you for the work that you do. We must be after good to feel this strongly. I still don't wish you the best but that you love Moore. Love hurts and if it doesn't hurt there is something very wrong. We must give of ourselves completely. I have done volunteer work since 2008 working in:

Elder Care
    • Prepared homemade meals, moved residences and provided landscaping and lawn care
    • Sent cards and made hospital, nursing home and residence stops
    • Provided transportation for shopping, meetings, doctor appointments and leisure. Took disabled out for meals. Helped with community dinners and holiday celebrations. Accompanied by a guitarist/vocalist with me on the piano, performed songs for Christmas 2017 at three nursing home locations

I send this info not to brag but to show that I try to do good works although often times I fail, fail badly and could do Moore. Peace
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:34 PM   #140
    dmbdreamingtree
    be the light

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Boyd was clearly struggling in one way or another. He went from being a focal point of the group to barely being included on albums or featured live - and his volume being turned down live in later years (if I remember correctly) and in some cases reduced to simply plucking the violin. Yes, like all of us - he had personal issues. And like some of us (fortunately or unfortunately) - he is apparently having to face some form of consequences for the issues. Maybe it is unfair, maybe it isn't - who knows other than BT and those involved? But I don't think stating that Boyd was struggling is wrong in any way.

TLDR: (1) BT was struggling with the violin and (2) he had some personal issues. These two things collided (maybe they were not unrelated) leading to Boyd being asked to step away from the band.

These are facts 8nalive. We can acknowledge this, can't we?
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    dmbdreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:37 PM   #141
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

GraceBuckly, if you will, please send a post with info about your work. It will appease my mind
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #142
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    GraceBuckly, if you will, please send a post with info about your work. It will appease my mind
    Sooo you don't wish me the best, but you think I should do things to appease you? Usually that would be an easy hard NO for me.

But you did ask, so I will at least say I've spent a good 25 yrs total dedicated to jobs that focus on the most struggling, disadvantaged families and kids, and trying to help them turn their lives around (and being successful enough times that kept me going when so many others didn't make it), both from a community-based approach, and a child welfare/agency-based approach, and most recently working with the kids struggling most in a 110 school school district. Both me and my husband, who is a fire fighter, can say that decisions we made in a day actually changed a person's life for the better (for me it was making placement decisions for where children would live or go to school). And he has literally saved lives so... That is a blessing beyond belief, to have been able to serve like that.

Which is why I can truly, honestly still wish you the best. I've had far more angry, bitter, hostile people tell me off. Can't take it personally and I don't. And I know we'd all be better off if they were happier, which is why I truly wish people the best. But I also tell the truth, which some people take as hostile simply because it's the truth. Oh well, I've seen the damage of not addressing the truth and lives it's ruined too many times. Truth it is.
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #143
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sooo you don't wish me the best, but you think I should do things to appease you? Usually that would be an easy hard NO for me.

But you did ask, so I will at least say I've spent a good 25 yrs total dedicated to jobs that focus on the most struggling, disadvantaged families and kids, and trying to help them turn their lives around (and being successful enough times that kept me going when so many others didn't make it), both from a community-based approach, and a child welfare/agency-based approach, and most recently working with the kids struggling most in a 110 school school district. Both me and my husband, who is a fire fighter, can say that decisions we made in a day actually changed a person's life for the better (for me it was making placement decisions for where children would live or go to school). And he has literally saved lives so... That is a blessing beyond belief, to have been able to serve like that.

Which is why I can truly, honestly still wish you the best. I've had far more angry, bitter, hostile people tell me off. Can't take it personally and I don't. And I know we'd all be better off if they were happier, which is why I truly wish people the best. But I also tell the truth, which some people take as hostile simply because it's the truth. Oh well, I've seen the damage of not addressing the truth and lives it's ruined too many times. Truth it is.
    I sincerely and deeply wish you the best, ok? I was simply trying to make a point. And you deserve all the praise in the world. So thank you for the good that you do. And your husband too. Fire fighters used the jaws of life to cut me out of a car and helped saved my life. I was very close to not being here
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:28 PM   #144
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I sincerely and deeply wish you the best, ok? I was simply trying to make a point. And you deserve all the praise in the world. So thank you for the good that you do. And your husband too. Fire fighters used the jaws of life to cut me out of a car and helped saved my life. I was very close to not being here
    Glad you're still here.

And honestly, I find a crazy high number of people on this board to be truly lovely, so glad everyone is here. Definitely a few snarksters, but Boyd is lucky he was in DMB and not some other band where fans are like vultures. Because those fanbases are ruthless. This one is mostly curious, good-hearted, observant, direct, with a healthy amount of disturbing humor, but Dave Matthews also has a healthy amount of crazy humor so that can't be a surprise...
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:35 PM   #145
    HonestDenver1

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You are not Ants, you are a bunch of termites with no spines choking on wood all day long.

And you know what I mean.

Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

"It's like going to see THE Dave Matthews Band without Boyd Tinsley on the violin."

Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    This is my favorite post of the year.. maybe just for the multiple use of yinz.. is it plural for you guyses?
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #146
    HonestDenver1

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    3:25 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W-LhZTGHyQ

He completely misses his solo on YMDT in 2012, despite Dave giving pretty clear signals to him for about 40 seconds, until Tim takes it up (at which point you can see Boyd realize he missed his cue, almost start playing and then bring the violin back down since he's too late).
    We’ve all seen this shit like 27 times since then.. find another example. Dude had a rough night. He still played with the band another 4 years.. and sounded good on 75% of the shows.. similar to the rest of em
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #147
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 View Post
    We’ve all seen this shit like 27 times since then.. find another example. Dude had a rough night. He still played with the band another 4 years.. and sounded good on 75% of the shows.. similar to the rest of em
    It's a common clip, sure, which was why I brought it up when the question was raised if there was any videos of him in a bad state on stage. It's not a unique instance, but it's a good example of the problem.
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #148
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

http://pittsburghese.com/glossary.ep.html?type=phrases
    Old 08-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #149
    8nalive

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Glad you're still here.

And honestly, I find a crazy high number of people on this board to be truly lovely, so glad everyone is here. Definitely a few snarksters, but Boyd is lucky he was in DMB and not some other band where fans are like vultures. Because those fanbases are ruthless. This one is mostly curious, good-hearted, observant, direct, with a healthy amount of disturbing humor, but Dave Matthews also has a healthy amount of crazy humor so that can't be a surprise...
    Thank you. They are lovely, aren't they
    Old 08-25-2021, 06:40 AM   #150
    kelchlsm

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

This thread has turned into a bigger nightmare than boyd
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote