*** Official Chicago 2018 Thread *** - Page 29 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #841
TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Chicago 2018 Thread ***

Really fun weekend. N2 was a better show, but had a blast both nights. Obviously not the best sets ever on paper - but a hell of a weekend overall.
TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #842
    DMBmelch

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Sat in the PIT last night. Setlist was phenomenal, energy from the band was amazing. Seen the boys 30+ times and this was as good as ever. The venue is a strange place. Glad we were in the Pit even if there were some drunken assholes pushing into spaces they didn’t belong 2 hours into the show. Luckily we met some awesome friends and guarded our shared space.

Seek Up was great to hear. Crush was mind blowing. Stand Up...used to not like it but Buddy has made it cool again. The crowd went nuts for Buddy. Stay closer was on point. NO ONE left early like at most shows.

Thanks for an awesome weekend Chicago!!
    DMBmelch is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #843
    grandmaaggie

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Band was awesome last night but the lower level seats are horrible. Was about 10 rows from the pit dead center and had to watch the screens the whole night. Not to mention the seats kept getting pushed around. But loved downtown Chicago everyone around the area was real nice and very helpful if you had questions. Would love to see more shows in Chicago but probably will not do Northerly Island again. On to Summerfest tonight for night 3!
    Old 07-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #844
    DMBWrigley2010

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

First PIT experience last night - big ups to the comradery! There seemed to be a bunch of people trying to work their way on top of a few of us a few songs in and no one was having any part of it and they were gone quickly. Minus a those folks, the rest of the experience was phenomenal. Great weather, fun set, fun people around us...most likely won't be seeing DMB any other way from now on.
    Might have been
    DMBWrigley2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #845
    CAM41

My Tour Central Stats

DMBmelch and Wrigley said it all! Overall, N2 was an awesome show in the pit and a nice recovery from N1. We had to hold our ground in the pit, but wasn’t too bad. Crowd mates on Rashawn and Jeff’s side were super fun.
    Still enjoyed N1 and the weekend overall was a great time. Loved seeing the band comfortable and the crowd get behind Buddy.

I hope you guys enjoy Milwaukee, and here’s to hoping for another good weekend at the Creek! See you there..
    CAM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #846
    sig331
    Dead on the Reeds

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grandmaaggie View Post
    Band was awesome last night but the lower level seats are horrible. Was about 10 rows from the pit dead center and had to watch the screens the whole night. Not to mention the seats kept getting pushed around. But loved downtown Chicago everyone around the area was real nice and very helpful if you had questions. Would love to see more shows in Chicago but probably will not do Northerly Island again. On to Summerfest tonight for night 3!

Was back in 200 sections both nights and can’t complain. Good view, neighbors were respectful of personal and they were letting people dance in the aisles which gave us even more space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Charlotte '07, Charleston '08, Memphis '08, Little Rock '09, Wichita '10, KC '11 (D&T), Southaven MS '13, Tulsa '14, Rogers AR '15, ’18, ’21, ’23, Bonner Springs '16, Chicago x2 '18, Alpharetta '19, Alpine x2 ‘22
    sig331 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #847
    TimHonks

My Tour Central Stats

Thank god this a fake work week, still tired after that weekend. I had a hell of a time and can't wait for next year. Hoping for Alpine, but I thought NI was much better this year than any other time I had gone. N1 PIT was very comfortable and N2 VIP was a great experience. Still a pain in the ass to get to, but a solid venue if you are in the right spot.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #848
    pcable89

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Had an amazing first time in Chicago with the wife. Truly beautiful city, hope to go back one day. Had seats in section 311, row M which were perfect, could see the lake out to our right and the skyline to our left, plenty high enough to see over the sections in front of us, and still felt close enough to the band to really enjoy their energy, movements, etc. Plus having a permanently mounted folding seat rather than the chairs in the lower sections was a nice convenience since we could lean on them from time to time. The venue itself my wife and I both found breathtaking, although sound quality may not be as good as an ampitheater, the view makes up for it big time. Band sounded awesome and thought the setlist was pretty good, loved hearing the 20 minute rendition of Seek Up, his comments before he played "She", and the encore was great I thought. Definitely a step up from the last show I saw in Bristow a few weeks ago soaking wet.

Highlight of the evening - the woman a few rows back screaming "TWO STEP" between every song and prior to the encore.

Last edited by pcable89; 07-02-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    pcable89 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #849
    dmband8736

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Chiming in after an awesome weekend where the band surpassed any expectations I had going into the two shows. Their energy was more than maybe I'd ever seen in the 16-years I've been going to shows. My girlfriend and I had a blast and met some really genuine folks from Toronto, Utah, Wisconsin, etc. Love how Chicago is a central meeting spot for so many fans looking to celebrate and enjoy the music.

Cam41, Wrigley, and DMBMelch — I’m wondering if we were all in the same area as we also had to deal with a group about half-way through that felt entitled to pushing their way close and talking throughout the show. Luckily they left and didn’t try to return. Then close to the end of the set a larger guy was pushing his way up and started yelling at my girlfriend and another woman standing next to her. Guess when you’re a bully it’s easier to pick on people much smaller than you. We told him that this was not an area to push up and politely asked him to leave. He wasn’t having any of it and decided to rub his junk up against me and started getting super aggressive. Never thought I would post that I was assaulted at a show and luckily it didn’t get to an altercation but it was close and those moments are scary especially when you’re trying to be present and enjoy the moment with good vibes, awesome music, and everyone else around you is also having a great time. Turns out all he wanted was a photo and left after the next song. What a chump! Just because you “also arrived at 6pm” or “paid the same amount as me” doesn’t entitle you to anything. Move on and don’t bring bad vibes!

Overall, the weekend was great besides these two instances on Saturday. Can’t wait to re-listen to these shows! Planning to be out in Denver for the 8/24 show. Much love and respect everyone!
    dmband8736 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #850
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pcable89 View Post
    Had an amazing first time in Chicago with the wife. Truly beautiful city, hope to go back one day. Had seats in section 311, row M which were perfect, could see the lake out to our right and the skyline to our left, plenty high enough to see over the sections in front of us, and still felt close enough to the band to really enjoy their energy, movements, etc. Plus having a permanently mounted folding seat rather than the chairs in the lower sections was a nice convenience since we could lean on them from time to time. The venue itself my wife and I both found breathtaking, although sound quality may not be as good as an ampitheater, the view makes up for it big time. Band sounded awesome and thought the setlist was pretty good, loved hearing the 20 minute rendition of Seek Up, his comments before he played "She", and the encore was great I thought. Definitely a step up from the last show I saw in Bristow a few weeks ago soaking wet.

Highlight of the evening - the woman a few rows back screaming "TWO STEP" between every song and prior to the encore.

Glad you enjoyed the city. Living here my whole life, I cant imagine living anywhere else. It truly is an amazing place in the summer.

Hopefully they come back next year.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #851
    DMBWrigley2010

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmband8736 View Post
    Chiming in after an awesome weekend where the band surpassed any expectations I had going into the two shows. Their energy was more than maybe I'd ever seen in the 16-years I've been going to shows. My girlfriend and I had a blast and met some really genuine folks from Toronto, Utah, Wisconsin, etc. Love how Chicago is a central meeting spot for so many fans looking to celebrate and enjoy the music.

Cam41, Wrigley, and DMBMelch — I’m wondering if we were all in the same area as we also had to deal with a group about half-way through that felt entitled to pushing their way close and talking throughout the show. Luckily they left and didn’t try to return. Then close to the end of the set a larger guy was pushing his way up and started yelling at my girlfriend and another woman standing next to her. Guess when you’re a bully it’s easier to pick on people much smaller than you. We told him that this was not an area to push up and politely asked him to leave. He wasn’t having any of it and decided to rub his junk up against me and started getting super aggressive. Never thought I would post that I was assaulted at a show and luckily it didn’t get to an altercation but it was close and those moments are scary especially when you’re trying to be present and enjoy the moment with good vibes, awesome music, and everyone else around you is also having a great time. Turns out all he wanted was a photo and left after the next song. What a chump! Just because you “also arrived at 6pm” or “paid the same amount as me” doesn’t entitle you to anything. Move on and don’t bring bad vibes!

Overall, the weekend was great besides these two instances on Saturday. Can’t wait to re-listen to these shows! Planning to be out in Denver for the 8/24 show. Much love and respect everyone!
    Was this an older guy wearing a blue shirt? Directly to my left some guy came bull rushing toward the end of the set and smashed into a few folks. Saw it get real heated for a sec and pulled my girlfriend away a bit and kept an eye on him. Seems like people got that idiot out of there relatively quickly but didn't look good for a minute.
    Might have been
    DMBWrigley2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #852
    dmband8736

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBWrigley2010 View Post
    Was this an older guy wearing a blue shirt? Directly to my left some guy came bull rushing toward the end of the set and smashed into a few folks. Saw it get real heated for a sec and pulled my girlfriend away a bit and kept an eye on him. Seems like people got that idiot out of there relatively quickly but didn't look good for a minute.
    Yup, that was the exact individual and moment. Totally uncalled for and he was extremely rude. Thank goodness it didn't get to heated but he grabbed my wrist and after I turned around he proceeded to grind on me because I was "in his way."

Any who....long live good music, good people, and good vibes
    dmband8736 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #853
    Hippononymous

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmband8736 View Post
    Yup, that was the exact individual and moment. Totally uncalled for and he was extremely rude. Thank goodness it didn't get to heated but he grabbed my wrist and after I turned around he proceeded to grind on me because I was "in his way."

Any who....long live good music, good people, and good vibes
    I love live music, but I see stuff like this way too often. I usually just chill towards the back of whatever section I'm in now. If I'm seated in reserved I just hope for the best and a critical mass of decent people in my area to keep things chill.

Was on the lawn both nights as I thought I might have a larger group and need to add people (lesson learned). Really enjoyed both shows. Pretty chill crowd back where I was. We posted up next to families with small kids who weren't going to get rowdy. Worked out pretty well, but people were definitely in worse shape after partying all day Saturday.

Also, to the younger folks in front of us N2, skip the dip. Seriously, it's disgusting, and it's going to rot your mouth. If you're absolutely going to do it though, spit into a can or something. Don't turn around and spit right at our feet. That's gross, and it's rude.

Anyhoo, it was the wife's first two-night stand with the full band (we did D&T Mexico 2K17). I'm pretty sure she's sold on a Gorge weekend next year. Fingers crossed that will be an option...
    Hippononymous is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #854
    CAM41

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I think we were all near each other. Originally I planned to be in the back of the pit, but I couldn't resist moving up when I got there. Once we did that, I knew what we were in for. Still think it was worth it, but I'm definitely thinking twice these days (getting older!!).

Hippo, I'm in the same boat with hubby being on board for the Gorge too! We'll see if Deer Creek helps me seal the deal so fingers crossed for that..
    CAM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #855
    samrocks7262
    Marco Esquandolas

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone seen a printed setlist from N1? I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if anything was cut
    samrocks7262 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #856
    smartace039

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by samrocks7262 View Post
    Has anyone seen a printed setlist from N1? I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if anything was cut
    I was hoping to see one as well. There for sure was a change before Digging a Ditch. They had another guitar ready and he just walked away after the band talked for about 30 seconds.
    smartace039 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #857
    Crash1983
    2017 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by samrocks7262 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smartace039 View Post
    I was hoping to see one as well. There for sure was a change before Digging a Ditch. They had another guitar ready and he just walked away after the band talked for about 30 seconds.
    Been waiting as well, really curious what was cut
    Old 07-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #858
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

I wish I asked the guys for the setlist on N1. I figured someone else would. Would love to see what we would've got instead of Diggin a Ditch.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #859
    jjlak15

My Tour Central Stats

Why I Am got moved to Encore and Steady As You Go got wiped from E1 spot.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #860
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjlak15 View Post
    Why I Am got moved to Encore and Steady As You Go got wiped from E1 spot.
    Interesting. Source?
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #861
    jjlak15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    Interesting. Source?
    Stefan tweeted out his setlist drawing things and night 1 was on there